Motion Industries Employee Reviews

Not a good fit for minorities
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 13, 2018
To many people were on their phone. It seemed that talking about last nights game, was more important than getting work done, unless you were a temp. If you made a mistake it was made known in front of everyone. When The manager told me he never makes mistakes and when he does he can blame it on anyone he wants, on top of me being the only minority in the company, I knew this wasn't the place for me.
Pros
Paid Weekly
Cons
Not a team environent.
A decent place to work
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAAugust 22, 2018
Motion Industries is a fast-paced atmosphere. One must be knowledgeable in the parts they sell or it will be difficult to work here, especially as an inside sales person.

It is a fun place to work and the people are supportive and very good at what they do.

I would recommend working here to my family or friends.
Conflicted
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 21, 2018
The company, as a whole, is fantastic to work for. The individual branches are hit and miss. It really depends on the management and your Co-workers.

The benefits are fantastic, but the pay could be better. From what I understand, Motion employees are paid at the lower end of the scale.

Their COS could be better, as there isn’t consistency from one type of branch to another. Their IT department is very unresponsive, and their System Support and Help desk are - like their branches - hit and miss. It depends on who you get when you call.
Benefits
Cons
Quality of help
Behind the curve
Outside Sales / Account Rep (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 21, 2018
Motion has been a great company to work for. Like many companies currently upper management is full of people nearing retirement, which is starting to create some problems. Many smart people are choosing to become "yes men" in order to advance their career. Once everyone finishes jockeying for position I hope they are able to get back on track, otherwise they will fall well behind in terms of technology and probably be marginalized.
Work Day summary
Senior Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, AL 35210August 8, 2018
Motion is generally a great place to work. Management and coworkers are generally great people to work with. I had personal conflict with one co-worker and I chose to leave the company.
Positive work environment
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Irondale, ALAugust 2, 2018
Typical employer, well maintained work environment with a caring employer. There was great room for advancement, I just chose a different career path.
Hmmm
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 1, 2018
Great job that guides you into a great direction . Currently still work here . Benefits are perfect , you work your way up very quickly and the employees training you are very knowledgeable. You’ll learn a lot . I recommend this job to everyone . It can be stressful at times and sure the computer system needs a good update but besides that you develope your own flow and will pick things up quickly.
Pros
401k, paid vacations, sick, personal, holidays, optional holidays and natural disasters
Good company overall
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJuly 26, 2018
Worked with a great group of people and meet a lot of nice everyday folks. Was able to do my job without having someone over my shoulder constantly. Great team work environment.
Pros
easy work, good environment, friendly coworkers
Workplace Culture
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 12, 2018
After working @ Motion for over 3 years I feel that I have plateaued & am looking for something I would be better suited for given my skill set. I enjoy problem solving & enjoy being focused on my customers needs that parallel this skill set.
Good company
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHJuly 11, 2018
Stressful at times but family like environment in the office. Able to work at own pace most of the time. Job security and enough work to stay busy. Able for advancement or relocation.
Great place to work & lots of opportunities for career growth
SITE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 10, 2018
One of the best jobs I have ever had. Great Company benefits and lots of room for career growth potential. You will enjoy plenty of paid days off after a year and you will also get tuition reimbursement if you take classes from accredited institutions. I am looking to relocate or I wouldn't even be considering going to work for anyone else. Been employed 10+ years as a Site Manager.
Pros
After a year you do get 2 weeks vacation and 5 sick days
Cons
Not enough cross training for back filling vacant positions.
fun working with the people
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 23, 2018
date entry, filling orders. It was an office position. Typed in orders all day. They moved out of state. Could not relocate. Had a family to think about.
It was a good place to work
Hose Technician (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 20, 2018
I would of never left if not to a poor manager. He tried running me off until I proved I could work the job. Always used a loud voice and grammar to get his point across. But He taught me alot
It’s definitely a place to help you out financially
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 18, 2018
I’ve been there for awhile and I’m just trying to start another stream of revenue so I can work towards my dreams. I have a lot on my shoulders so I need to pick up a 2nd job.
Under paid employees
Small Parts Assembler (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 13, 2018
Apache in Cedar Rapids Iowa is a stressful demanding job were there TEMPS get PAID more an hour than there devoted full time employees. The management will give you a run about in regards to the hourly pay and then they blame GPC and Motion industries instead of doing what is right for there long term devoted employees. Very high turn over in this warehouse company in all departments.
Pros
Cons
Unfair pay and mental games from Bosses
Quicksand Inc.
Customer Service/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  OregonJune 9, 2018
If you are young looking for a career to give you a vehicle for your future this is not the employer for you. Like any great mirage it has the appearance of being solid ground to lay the foundation of your future but STOP....it’s an oasis of quicksand that can quickly rob you of your vision. If you try them join their management fast track program or try an internship.
Pros
A place to learn if given the opportunity. Not everyone gets the chance though
Cons
Poor managers. Not selected because they are skilled at management at all. No leadership
Very educational
Intern (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 7, 2018
I was a summer intern. The whole experience was very educational. I got a look at every aspect of the branch. Everyone that worked there was really nice and helpful.
Pros
Inside look of entire bussiness
Cons
Time, Length of internship
Benita Williams
Division Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 6, 2018
Motion Industries is a solid place to work with great people throughout the entire company. The company is very customer first oriented and takes very good care of it's employees. The pay is fair and the benefits are excellent. There is a ton of room to grow, but you sometimes have to wait for one of the employees who have been working with Motion Industries for 30+ years to retire.

Dealing with manufacturing, the pressures can be high. If a mill is down it becomes your responsibility to locate the part they need to get them operational again.
Solid Place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 28, 2018

Pros
Great people, excellent beneifts, career advancement opportunites
Cons
Stressful, demanding clientell
enjoyable place to work
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 21, 2018
My sales experience with Motion was providing cost savings to my customers,and putting out fires,by finding solutions to keep production from go down.Or if it did go down,provide a solution to get it back up and running asap.I learned by helping My customers save money,they would give me more and more business.Management would assist me in presentations and knowledgeable support help.