Motion Industries Employee Reviews

Operations Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  HeadquatersNovember 8, 2018
Love working at Motion. Help Desk work for me was new when I joined in 2015. We are busy throughout the day. When problem is solved we all go happy home.
Terrible
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VANovember 1, 2018
They have a lot of growing up to do. I've never seen such immaturity from people calling themselves professionals. All they do is mark up parts and throw their sticker on after peeling off the manufacturer's.
Pros
Cons
Too much to list
Productive place to work
Machinist Operator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 11, 2018
Great place to work you have great benefits with 401k and there is room for advancement management team is very supportive vacation time is great after five years you get three weeks vacation
An excellent environment that allows both fun and professionalism.
operations manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAOctober 3, 2018
The company allowed employees to participate in growing and developing plans for additional growth. The workday is rarely the same each day as there are always new challenges that need to be addressed.
i was offsite from the office was not included in a lot of the offices events
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHSeptember 30, 2018
culture was not very positive
hardest part of the job was feeling like a scapegoat for a lot of the issues the company had with the customer
not a strong relationship between the management and customer
Very sound financial company that was a great place to work.
Vice President / Divison Manager (Former Employee) –  5 different locations ending in Lexington, Ky.September 26, 2018
I enjoyed coming to work everyday. The opportunities for advancement were always there if you wanted to work for them. The most enjoyable part of the job was the challenge every day it provided was different from the previous day. The toughest part of the job was the human resources side. Finding good people and making the decision to release borderline or negative behavior. There was also the fact that customers are driving down price and gross profit and not placing a value on service.
Pros
Car, insurance, fuel, 6 weeks vacation, entertainment
Cons
Stress
Challenging
Mechanic/Hydraulics/Drive Line (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LASeptember 20, 2018
It was a position in which I was challenged on a daily basis. I was the only employee that the company could rely on for any complicated repairs of hydraulic cylinders and gear boxes.
Not a good fit for minorities
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 13, 2018
To many people were on their phone. It seemed that talking about last nights game, was more important than getting work done, unless you were a temp. If you made a mistake it was made known in front of everyone. When The manager told me he never makes mistakes and when he does he can blame it on anyone he wants, on top of me being the only minority in the company, I knew this wasn't the place for me.
Pros
Paid Weekly
Cons
Not a team environent.
Fast paced and stressful
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 4, 2018
Good pay and benefits. The typical day consists of heavy phone traffic, lots of computer work and too much time sitting in one spot.

I have learned that this is not the place for me.

The Operations Manager is fantastic! The Branch Manager, not so much.

The hardest part of the job is the amount of time sitting and looking at a computer all day long. As well as trying not to make any mistakes.

The most enjoyable part is we laugh as much as we can
A decent place to work
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAAugust 22, 2018
Motion Industries is a fast-paced atmosphere. One must be knowledgeable in the parts they sell or it will be difficult to work here, especially as an inside sales person.

It is a fun place to work and the people are supportive and very good at what they do.

I would recommend working here to my family or friends.
Conflicted
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 21, 2018
The company, as a whole, is fantastic to work for. The individual branches are hit and miss. It really depends on the management and your Co-workers.

The benefits are fantastic, but the pay could be better. From what I understand, Motion employees are paid at the lower end of the scale.

Their COS could be better, as there isn’t consistency from one type of branch to another. Their IT department is very unresponsive, and their System Support and Help desk are - like their branches - hit and miss. It depends on who you get when you call.
Benefits
Cons
Quality of help
Behind the curve
Outside Sales / Account Rep (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 21, 2018
Motion has been a great company to work for. Like many companies currently upper management is full of people nearing retirement, which is starting to create some problems. Many smart people are choosing to become "yes men" in order to advance their career. Once everyone finishes jockeying for position I hope they are able to get back on track, otherwise they will fall well behind in terms of technology and probably be marginalized.
Work Day summary
Senior Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, AL 35210August 8, 2018
Motion is generally a great place to work. Management and coworkers are generally great people to work with. I had personal conflict with one co-worker and I chose to leave the company.
Positive work environment
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Irondale, ALAugust 2, 2018
Typical employer, well maintained work environment with a caring employer. There was great room for advancement, I just chose a different career path.
Hmmm
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 1, 2018
Great job that guides you into a great direction . Currently still work here . Benefits are perfect , you work your way up very quickly and the employees training you are very knowledgeable. You’ll learn a lot . I recommend this job to everyone . It can be stressful at times and sure the computer system needs a good update but besides that you develope your own flow and will pick things up quickly.
Pros
401k, paid vacations, sick, personal, holidays, optional holidays and natural disasters
Good company overall
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJuly 26, 2018
Worked with a great group of people and meet a lot of nice everyday folks. Was able to do my job without having someone over my shoulder constantly. Great team work environment.
Pros
easy work, good environment, friendly coworkers
Workplace Culture
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 12, 2018
After working @ Motion for over 3 years I feel that I have plateaued & am looking for something I would be better suited for given my skill set. I enjoy problem solving & enjoy being focused on my customers needs that parallel this skill set.
Good company
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHJuly 11, 2018
Stressful at times but family like environment in the office. Able to work at own pace most of the time. Job security and enough work to stay busy. Able for advancement or relocation.
Great place to work & lots of opportunities for career growth
SITE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 10, 2018
One of the best jobs I have ever had. Great Company benefits and lots of room for career growth potential. You will enjoy plenty of paid days off after a year and you will also get tuition reimbursement if you take classes from accredited institutions. I am looking to relocate or I wouldn't even be considering going to work for anyone else. Been employed 10+ years as a Site Manager.
Pros
After a year you do get 2 weeks vacation and 5 sick days
Cons
Not enough cross training for back filling vacant positions.
fun working with the people
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 23, 2018
date entry, filling orders. It was an office position. Typed in orders all day. They moved out of state. Could not relocate. Had a family to think about.