Motion Industries Employee Reviews

Good company
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHJuly 11, 2018
Stressful at times but family like environment in the office. Able to work at own pace most of the time. Job security and enough work to stay busy. Able for advancement or relocation.
Great place to work & lots of opportunities for career growth
SITE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 10, 2018
One of the best jobs I have ever had. Great Company benefits and lots of room for career growth potential. You will enjoy plenty of paid days off after a year and you will also get tuition reimbursement if you take classes from accredited institutions. I am looking to relocate or I wouldn't even be considering going to work for anyone else. Been employed 10+ years as a Site Manager.
Pros
After a year you do get 2 weeks vacation and 5 sick days
Cons
Not enough cross training for back filling vacant positions.
fun working with the people
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 23, 2018
date entry, filling orders. It was an office position. Typed in orders all day. They moved out of state. Could not relocate. Had a family to think about.
It was a good place to work
Hose Technician (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 20, 2018
I would of never left if not to a poor manager. He tried running me off until I proved I could work the job. Always used a loud voice and grammar to get his point across. But He taught me alot
It’s definitely a place to help you out financially
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 18, 2018
I’ve been there for awhile and I’m just trying to start another stream of revenue so I can work towards my dreams. I have a lot on my shoulders so I need to pick up a 2nd job.
Under paid employees
Small Parts Assembler (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 13, 2018
Apache in Cedar Rapids Iowa is a stressful demanding job were there TEMPS get PAID more an hour than there devoted full time employees. The management will give you a run about in regards to the hourly pay and then they blame GPC and Motion industries instead of doing what is right for there long term devoted employees. Very high turn over in this warehouse company in all departments.
Pros
Cons
Unfair pay and mental games from Bosses
Quicksand Inc.
Customer Service/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  OregonJune 9, 2018
If you are young looking for a career to give you a vehicle for your future this is not the employer for you. Like any great mirage it has the appearance of being solid ground to lay the foundation of your future but STOP....it’s an oasis of quicksand that can quickly rob you of your vision. If you try them join their management fast track program or try an internship.
Pros
A place to learn if given the opportunity. Not everyone gets the chance though
Cons
Poor managers. Not selected because they are skilled at management at all. No leadership
Very educational
Intern (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 7, 2018
I was a summer intern. The whole experience was very educational. I got a look at every aspect of the branch. Everyone that worked there was really nice and helpful.
Pros
Inside look of entire bussiness
Cons
Time, Length of internship
Benita Williams
Division Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 6, 2018
Motion Industries is a solid place to work with great people throughout the entire company. The company is very customer first oriented and takes very good care of it's employees. The pay is fair and the benefits are excellent. There is a ton of room to grow, but you sometimes have to wait for one of the employees who have been working with Motion Industries for 30+ years to retire.

Dealing with manufacturing, the pressures can be high. If a mill is down it becomes your responsibility to locate the part they need to get them operational again.
Solid Place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 28, 2018

Pros
Great people, excellent beneifts, career advancement opportunites
Cons
Stressful, demanding clientell
enjoyable place to work
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 21, 2018
My sales experience with Motion was providing cost savings to my customers,and putting out fires,by finding solutions to keep production from go down.Or if it did go down,provide a solution to get it back up and running asap.I learned by helping My customers save money,they would give me more and more business.Management would assist me in presentations and knowledgeable support help.
Industrial Parts Company
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Effingham, ILMay 9, 2018
Management had a very strict quota for sales. Meeting quotas was imperative. Branches consisted of GM, Operations Mgr, Warehouse Mgr and inside sales staff. The work mainly entailed of answering the phones, producing quotes to customers, putting in orders into the software system and follow up. The branch I worked at was closed not long after I started there.
Manageable work
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, AL 35210May 8, 2018
The work environment is fun with the people who you interact with. Sometimes management isn’t fair with decisions and how and when they move people around
Good
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 3, 2018
Nice place to work and the company cares about the workers they have Xmas party for your family and give your kids toys and food for everyone it's a good place to work
Hydraulic Hoses
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 30, 2018
i dont have anything positive to say bout this company. not sure why i cant proceed without speaking on them. i started out cleaning out hydraulic hoses for different types of rigs. Then i started making them. shortly later i was in charge of making sure those procedures were done properly. long hours hot environment. lack of respect for workers
good company to work for
Accountant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 26, 2018
very organized company did a lot of collections, general ledgers, end of the month reports, payroll was always on time never had bounced checks and the customer service that i had with employers was great
Very small store 5 man crew....tight knit.
Warehouse/Delivery Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 26, 2018
Though they no longer deliver, after a few years I moved up to lead driver and was able to delegate the deliveries to my juniors and run the warehouse.
Pros
Great Benefits/retirement
Cons
Heavy products, long hours on the road.
Great Job - Poor Management
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOApril 23, 2018
The job was a job, it paid well but the management was to be desired. I worked there for well over 10 years and never saw any signs of advancement in my future.
Good place to work with one drawback
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAApril 22, 2018
Overall Motion was a great experience. I worked at a branch with good supervision who helped with your growth. The drawback was you pretty much had to move to a different branch to move up. This is my experience for my branch although I've heard about another branch where the branch manager knew what your goals were and got you there as quickly as he could.
Pros
Vendor paid lunch and learns, good benefits, set 8 hr days
Cons
hard to advance depending on location
Apply Today!!!
System Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 10, 2018
Great Work Environment!!!! A typical work day consists of reporting to a great manager and working with unbiased co-workers which create a positive work environment and that is the most enjoyable part of the job!
Pros
Great Benefits!!!
Cons
Not enough positions available to employ everyone who applies