Motion Industries

United States336 reviews

Motion Industries insights

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Working to make Sales enjoy meet ne people and make them my to make it easier for trusted in sell my products easy too make more sell and ask if they other friends oh Company's too go sell my Products

Cons

Motion is a great company to work for

After almost 5 years with Motion, I can say that it is a great company to be with. Yes there are stressful days but the team at our branch is awesome and we all work together to get our customers taken care of. Our inside sales team is probably one of the best in the industry, they are the heros of our branch. There is always something to learn and something to contribute. We have access to industry specialists to help with our projects and emergency situations. From the warehouse to the management, everyone has your best interest in mind and has your back. This company is the best definition of a team.

Pros

Great company, atmosphere, management and coworkers

Cons

There are no cons for me with Motion at all.

interesting place to work for a while...

started entry level in the warehouse/delivery and moved to inside sales after a couple of years. Fast paced work and much to learn about all of the available products. Management unfortunately was a bit tight with annual increases.

Pros

no nights, weekends, or holidays.

Cons

poor pay scale

Poor management.

Despite my years of work I have never been around a more unprofessional management team. They apply zero effort and take direct credit from the inside sales staff. Salaried outside sales members worked part time hours while inside sales was directly responsible for all sales metrics. Customers often were confused as to why prices were so high while outside Sales Reps had company vehicles and were often unreachable or unwilling to help.

Pros

Decent pay and hours

Cons

Unprofessional relationship between management and outside sales employees.

Horrible Management team

This place was good to work at for about a year. Things started to become clear to me as time went by how poor the mangers would handle employee issues that were brought to their attention. They would mostly brush it off. Some managers would praise the workers who called out all the time or we’re not doing their jobs but gossip these employees were the loyal employees. The employees who were working a lot even off clock checking emails and responding to them. Employees who were on time to work were treated very different from other employees as we had to be the example for those other employees even thought we had the same job titles as the other unreliable employees and same pay rate. This job mentally destroyed me and I had to leave for my own mental health after several years.Very toxic work environment.

Pros

Hours, ability to work from home

Cons

Management team

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Management is the worst part. They do not provide formal training but expect you to know all.

Management tries to micromanage everything you do. They will pass off their work and not provide training. They then blame other employees for their problems even when they didn't perform any work.

Pros

Cons

No work Doing management's work

Great place to work, hours are always there if you need overtime, if your looking to get into the mechanical industry this is the place to start, good management

Pros

Pay

Cons

Hours worked

Wonderful Place to work

Family atmosphere, caring employer and co-workers. Benefits and PTO is really good. I absolutely love working for Motion Industries and very happy to be a part of their team.

Pros

Cares about their employees, Pay is good

Great people and culture

GPC/Motion has been a great company to work for, Unfortunately, compensation is low. No bonus for work done supporting sales unless you are in sales.

Pros

Flexible hours, great managers/supervisors

Cons

compensation

Meh

Corporate is typical, all talk no walk. The job is what you make it, Branches are micromanaged (even though they deny it). Too many chiefs running around, almost completely zero support/training. Company Culture: Figure it out, or Quit.

Cons

Lack of corporate/management support. Poor training/ongoing education.

Productive and fun place to work at

Loved working for such a great company. The pay was great, my coworkers, supervisors were​ always supportive and I felt that my work was always valued.

Good company, but some cons

Good company, excellent pay and benefits. A lot about it is old school, though. Micromanaging is starting to happen also. Work environment is sometimes tough, whether employees or customers.

Great pay

Had horrible boss at the time. He never wanted to come out of his office to help you at the front desk. The rest of the workers was great. the clients were great

Pros

great pay

Cons

Management issues

Micro-management & Inconsistent

I felt constantly that I was being watched and waiting to screw up on the job from management. Our team roles were ever changing. There was little to no consistency from management as requirements/responsibilities were changing monthly. I was told this was NOT a cold-calling job when 99% of calls are unaware of what Motion can do. (Text book cold calling). Be prepared to make 70+ calls a day while also repeating meaningless trainings/activities that do not benefit you professionally or financially. Also, do not expect to move up within the Inside Sales team unless you are willing to go through a different department of Motion.

Pros

Pay, Commissions, Benefits, Pleasant co-workers

Cons

Inconsistency, micro-management, inability to promote from within

Over worked, under paid

Unless you’re managements favorite work is awful. Customers stress you out. Management is there for themselves. Underpaid for the amount of stress you’re under each day.

Pros

Cons

Hardly any breaks

A leader in industrial distribution

Motion has the feel of a small company at the branch level but has the support and resources of a Fortune 500 since GPC is our parent company. Excellent pay and benefits and upper management seems to really care about setting us up for success. A respected name in the industrial distribution world which is a breath of fresh air being that I came from another company within the industry

Pros

Pay, benefits, company car, paid cell phone, culture

Cons

Outdated branch ops, improving website

Very good company, great people

Awesome coworkers but there seems to be little room for advancement.Management favors some employees and leaves others to ferment with no hope of climbing the ladder

Great starter sales job

This was a great place to start if you want to get into industrial sales, you will learn a lot about bearings, motor, and belts. Fast paced most days but there is some slower times.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Pay could be higher for the work and call volume

.only a number.

Management is terrible. The local management is very under experienced and act like they've been around with years of experience. Have lost many customers due to their attitude.

Pros

5Day work week

Cons

Management plays favorites.

Busy, Stable Work Environment

Typically days are very busy, dealing with customers and outside salespeople. Management has improved quite a bit over the last year or so, making it a much better place to work.

Pros

Pay, Hours, Flexibility

If you want to waste your time, work here!

seriously though. If you truly want to waste your time, work here. The first few months working here were great, i was excited to learn and excited to be a part of a "great team". There are so many flaws with the branch that i was working at. In fact, so many things wrong that i don't even know where to begin. i guess for starters? The management will do any and everything to blame something on you even when they know it wasn't your fault. Coworkers say they care about you but once you turn your back they down talk you whenever they can, But i guess that's just how "big boy" jobs work right?? The branch that i was at made me feel like i was trapped, the coworkers and even managers cared so little about how i actually felt at work and cared so little about the progress i was making, which is why I'm writing this today. They do not care about you only, they worried about making money. outside Salesmen will make you feel like you aren't even a part of the company. "do this, do that, this better be done by the end of the day". Its a shame because when i first started working here, i actually thought id grow, but instead i just got tossed around like a bag of rice.

Pros

Bonus checks

Cons

Too many to even state.

Common questions about Motion Industries

Answered by current and former employees at Motion Industries

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Motion Industries. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Motion Industries with