Motion Stretch Studio Employee Reviews

Worst company ever
Worker (Former Employee) –  Mt PleasantSeptember 19, 2019
STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY AS POSSIBLE! They will lure you in with great pay and benefits. They will beg you to quit your other job and work full time just for them and make it seem like the best decision you could ever make. And then 2 months later they will leave you a VOICEMAIL saying that they are closing the business effectively immediately and you no longer have a job. They did this with every single location in CA and now they did the same thing with the location in SC and it was only open for less than 2 months! They have no idea what they are doing! The business model and plan changes at least once per week and the “CEO” is some 27 year old yoga instructor that has no freaking idea what she is doing and doesn’t even have more than a years worth of managers experience much less the experience or skill to run an entire company. This company will be run into the ground in less than a year.
Protocols are good, but using only those limits service
Stretch Coach (Former Employee) –  Rancho Santa Margarita, CASeptember 13, 2019
At motion they had their proprietary stretch protocols, which is good for the general public. But while working there I was presented with client's where the protocols can only do so much and not necessarily address the client's needs. I felt restricted in my service. But standardization was necessary so clients can receive the same treatment from any stretch coach. I understood that, but as some of the client's were not getting better due to their specific I was affected morally and ethically.
Pros
Good business idea. Loved the athletic training set up
Cons
limitations on protocol for specific musculoskeletal dysfunctions
Take other options
Coach (Current Employee) –  USAAugust 15, 2019
Way too much turnover, corporate has no idea what to do with this business model. weekly and monthly changes to pricing, options and services. No advancement opportunities, no room for growth. Low pay. Take other options if you have them. Timing of clients is back to back so there is very limited time between clients to clean tables, wash hands or even go to the bathroom.
Learned computer and communication skills
Front Desk Receptionist/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJuly 25, 2019
The atmosphere of Motion was always positive and energetic. The concept of Motion was to better our clients on a health level and I enjoyed being a part of there rehabilitation. Also learned to work well under pressure and maintaining a consistently pleasant and professional personality when communicating with the public.
LMT at Motion Stretch
Coach (Current Employee) –  KennesawJuly 19, 2019
As an LMT in a typical spa setting, it's rarer to get to connect with clients and see them frequently. At Motion Stretch, I get to chat and learn about the client while we're going through the stretches, and really build that client/therapist relationship. I really enjoy helping educate clients on how they can feel better and getting to see their progress every time they come in. Working part time, I am usually working 25-30 hours per week in 6-8 hour shifts. Our team in the studio is awesome and we love working together, as it is an open environment. The hardest part of the job is the lack of time between clients. So getting the timing right for the stretch while still having time to wash your hands and clean the table takes a bit of practice. At least there are no sheets to pull off and reset!
Company stinks
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 19, 2019
Stay far away from this company. They burned the California employees about 100 in total. No regard for honesty or integrity! How does a company open in all these studios and some within the same month they closed. Such a poorly executed operation on every level. Owners didn't give a rats a** about they fate of the employees.
Overall good company to work for
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJuly 17, 2019
New company so the structure has not been thought out very well. The people are friendly, manager is nice. The manager tried to accomidate you in life
Productive and Innovative Company
Operations (Current Employee) –  Jupiter, FLJuly 17, 2019
I am blessed to work with such a great group of people. The culture is overall awesome and Management is always bringing new and innovative ideas to the studios to help you be the best. Those who work hard and are productive do well and become like family. The pay is good, benefits are competitive and affordable too. There has been some re-structuring of the Management team which is all very positive and supportive of the company's mission and future direction. I am happy to come to work and be well. Love my team!
Pros
flexibility, support, busy, fun, healing people
New Opportunities
Development (Current Employee) –  JupiterJuly 17, 2019
Tons of opportunities to grow and learn in a new industry. Work culture is amazing as I've met some great people who not only care about your professional growth, but support you along the way. Hard to say about any particular pro/con but I can say: Alot to accomplish in every given day but very fufilling and helps the day pass. Good benefits and compensation for a new company.
SA saves the day
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  BuckheadJuly 17, 2019
I think there is more too this job that meets the eyes. There is a lot of responsibilities and information to keep track of as an SA. What happens at the front desk matters!
Great Work Environment
Development (Current Employee) –  JupiterJuly 17, 2019
Great work environment and organization. Everyone there comes together as a team and are very supportive of one another in order to get things accomplished.
MOTION movement
Coach (Current Employee) –  USAJuly 16, 2019
This is a great place to work. My colleagues have amazing talent and potential to grow with MOTION. There are a few things that need improvement, but with a new company that can be expected. I m excited to see how this company grows and sets the bar for future stretch studios.
Local Leadership
Stretch Coach-PT (Current Employee) –  Palo AltoJuly 15, 2019
Leadership speaks volumes, I feel fully supported by management and my team to succeed at work. The Palo Alto team is diverse in their abilities, inclusive with community, and all around fun!
A fulfilling place for a massage therapist
Coach (Current Employee) –  VintageJuly 15, 2019
This is a wonderful place to work. They hire people who really care about giving clients the best possible service. There is great care given to the employees to have a good work/life balance. All in all, if you’re a caring massage therapist, you would do very well here.
Growing company
Development (Current Employee) –  JupiterJuly 15, 2019
It has been a great learning experience. Any growing company has its ups and downs. I am thankful for the opportunity to work with the individuals I have met along the way. It’s great to see the impact we make on our clients
Motion Stretch Review
Development (Current Employee) –  JupiterJuly 15, 2019
Great company. Changing peoples lives every single day. A lot of room for growth. They like to promote from within. If you are passionate about helping people and working for a fun and growing company then MOTION is for you!
Hectic
Stretch coach (Former Employee) –  Rolling Hills Estates, CAJuly 5, 2019
Where to start I was hired as a full time employee and was given less then part time hours after being promised full time hours after the first week of the studio. Then the days I worked kept changing over the next week then finally right before the end of the month my manager tells us the studio is closing and it turns out everything was shutting down so from my experience horrible because now I am left to find another job manger was awesome but everything else was horrible
Cons
Not treated as important
Poor upper management leaves workplace chaotic and confused
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAJuly 3, 2019
What we were expected to do or sell seemed to change every few weeks. The services were overpriced and when the prices increased sales was made even harder. Popular coaches were sent to other studios which led to a loss in members. The company doesn't seem to understand that people are coming for the coach, not the MOTION point system. There's no central organization. All the studios in CA were shut down without warning and the employees were not notified until the day we shut down. This company does not care about their employees or their members. They provide no support and don't have enough respect to let the employees know what's going on. Pay was good but it wasn't worth the treatment.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Bad management, bad culture, no notice on layoffs
Easiest Job Ever
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Springfield, NJJune 18, 2019
This has to be the most relaxed I've ever been with a job. The requirements are simple. Handle customer relations, sell, and schedule sessions. This job is simple for anyone who needs some extra money or are starting out with their first job ever. The environment is very relaxed and the clients are all amazing. The people within the area are very friendly and have tons of great stories. The staff are all great and they are very caring. There hasn't been a single day that I didn't want to come to work. EASIEST JOB I HAVE EVER HAD!
Pros
good pay, nice environment, great staff
Great Work Environment with Growth Opportunities
Full Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Springfield, NJJune 18, 2019
I'm a current sales associate at Motion Stretch Studio and it has been one of the best jobs I've had! I left a previous company due to lack of leadership, hours, and low pay. Motion has truly been a great environment with the opportunity to grow in terms of upward mobility. They also focus on developing your skills as an associate. Although the tasks of answering phones, booking clients, and selling memberships may sound easy, Motion is also a competitive environment with the opportunity to make commission. This is a step up from my previous job that did not give commission even though I met monthly goals for gaining cardholders. I would highly recommend this job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Motion Stretch Studio. Our community is ready to answer.