MotoMart Employee Reviews

I loved my job
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJune 3, 2018
Most enjoyable part of my job is definitely the relationship I have with my customers. some of them come in every single day and I feel like I've known them my entire life. they sit there and they talk about me and my family and I talk to them about theirs. Weekend plans and get togethers.
Cons
Short staffed currently
Awesome place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 20, 2018
Moto Mart is the most amazing place to work. The supervisor is so sweet even tho he looks tuff as long as you are getting your work done you have fun. I love most of the customers that came in most of them are regulars and they weren’t quick to judge if I didn’t know what they wanted off hand.
no advancement
Associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILMarch 16, 2018
I don't feel there were any advancement opportunites attainable. Nothing was ever offered or shared with us about if we were interested in moving up in the company. Raises weren't really given either, to my knowledge.
Pros
never a dull day
Cons
no raises, advancement, benefits, poor pay
very fun and exciting place to work
Cashier Associate (Former Employee) –  Carterville, ILFebruary 9, 2018
A typical day at Motomart is an awesome day which is everyday. The customers are laid back and very fun to have conversations. Employers make the day quick and very exciting. Working at Motomart I have learned the true meaning of the word teamwork. The hardest part of the job is keeping your composure on the some of the customers who has a bad day (which rarely happens), other than that Motomart is an awesome and fun place to work and meet new friends. I would recommend anyone and everyone to work at Motomart.
Overall tolerable experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Salem, ILDecember 14, 2017
The people I worked with are what made me enjoy my job. But to settle for minimum wage and and inconsistent scheduling is draining. There’s no room for advancement there, and you’re not guaranteed the hours you request.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
No actual lunch break. They don’t let you clock out and rest even if it is an 8 hour shift
decent place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, ILDecember 2, 2017
I enjoyed working there enjoyed interacting with coworkers and customers. I worked overnights I got my work done early and had a lot of free time I found things to do
Pros
easy job
Cons
overnights could get boring
Nice envirnomnet good people
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Collinsville, ILOctober 25, 2017
I liked working at Motomart everyone was friendly and was really good on a team effort. I felt like it was a family there. It was a very fast pace business which was a good plus
Ok place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Collinsville, ILOctober 15, 2017
If you're gonna work here make sure this is the kind of job you want to Saturday at and do the same things day in and day out. There is not much change or opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Free sodas
Cons
Bad co workers
Fast paced work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILAugust 23, 2017
I enjoyed working at Moto Mart simply because you earned so much paid time off with hours worked. Because of that I was able to save up enough vacation time during my pregnancy to receive 2 weeks of paid time off during maternity leave..
Pros
fun, relaxed
Cons
short breaks
Friendly co-workers and customers everyday something new
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHAugust 18, 2017
Good company loved my hours of week which gave me family time loved my customers and they lived me. They hated to see me move. Customers are what matters.
Pros
Worked with you for family
Cons
Lack for advancement
Faster paced gas station
Cashier/Gas Attendant (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ILAugust 16, 2017
It stays pretty steadily busy and is open 24 hours. Meeting all different kinds of people. Co-workers were excellent. It could get confusing with steps and register at end of shift.
Cashier and Stocker
Cashier/ Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILJuly 11, 2017
Worked Cash Register

Checked in Beer/Liquor Orders

Stocked everything

Loved the fast paced environment and that there was no down time during your work shift

Didnt like that there was no medical insurance or no pto time.
Pros
Fast paced and never a dull moment.
Cons
No room for advancement and no Paid Vacations/Medical
Productive and very customer oriented job.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Collinsville, ILJuly 6, 2017
Being employed at Motomart has taught me register skills, and also given me the skills to be able to handle any situation thrown at me. Management was great and very understanding towards the employees.
Pros
Benefits, paid time off and sick pay, 32-30 hours a week
You can get discounts on drinks
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILJuly 3, 2017
Working at moto mart is a boring job but you meet new people everyday . I've learned how to interact with other people as well, working there the day goes by so slow because you rarely get customers that come in you always get the regulars. The workers a Moto mart was very cool and respectful some of them had a attitude problem.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No breaks
Easy going good hours.
Gas Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILJune 12, 2017
Not a particularly challenging job, you do need to exercise a fair amount of common sense, at the location I work at my boss is fantastic. Probably the most challenging part is balancing cleaning and working the register when it gets busy but that's not too bad.
Pros
Free sodas
Cons
Short breaks.
Great place to work, i miss working there.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Freeburg, ILJune 5, 2017
I use to love working there. It was something new everyday plus I got to meet new people everyday. Nice steady work pace to make your day go by a little quicker than usual.
Good if desperate for work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Portage, WIMay 25, 2017
It's decent work if you are unable to get hired anywhere else. Often times you will work 8+ hour shifts alone without any set breaks or lunches. You eat if you have time between customers. During my stint at a Moto Mart management was less than caring and didn't train properly.
Pros
It's work
Cons
Low pay, solitary work often, no set breaks
stressful
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Allenton, MOMay 15, 2017
the pay isn't worth all the stress they put on their employees and the management acts like they want you to know stuff within the company to help you but its really so they have to do less
You have new customers all the time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Salem, ILMay 5, 2017
You would have your repeat customers that you got to know. You would also have a lot of dead time which you could clean or fill coolers. Then there would be a big rush.
Pros
insurance
Cons
working 3rds by yourself
Rude Customers and Rude Managers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cahokia, ILApril 5, 2017
The Customers are horriable. The managers aren't better... They talk to you like your child. You work and you don't even get a raise. It's hard to move up into that company so you don't grow with the company.