MOTOR WERKS AUTO GROUP Employee Reviews

Technician (Former Employee) –  Barrington, ILJune 26, 2019
Not a good place to work for! Lack of training!
They expect a lot from you but they don’t give you the training need! Poor management! Lazy manager! Blame you for everything
Pros
No pros
Cons
Poor management
Best place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrington, ILDecember 31, 2018
Cannot recommend Motor Werks anymore, they are a fantastic company to work for and believe in everything that they strive for. Best company I have ever been able to work for.
Work hard and be rewarded well
Unidentified (Current Employee) –  Barrington, ILOctober 9, 2018
This is a large company thats been steadily growing. Among auto groups its one of the best. You can advance quickly even from entry level. There is some incredible talent in every department. It's a retail environment even if you are not in a sales or service position so you need to understand that. You will never, ever be bored. The CEO is educated and not a typical, greasy "car-dealer" The benefits, compensation and opportunity outweigh the petty nonsense. Customers really love this place and show out in droves for every event.
Pros
Compensation, talented and dedicated people work here, HR director is one of the best and cares about constant improvement
Cons
One! But there's a bad apple in every organization. They dont last forever.
Leader in automotive industry
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  AnonymousOctober 8, 2018
Well managed and profitable organization. Competitive but fun work environment.

Pay is fair...you need to hassle but once you get in the groove of things it's really not bad. Vacation is really good!

Lately, the management has put more focus on employees....derby races, free lunch on Saturdays; we just had a tailgate party for all employees - it rained but was pretty cool.

It does not feel like a car business at all. Very professionally run!
Pros
Good pay, great benefits - a lot of time off
Cons
Retail hours
its cool
Mercedes lead cashier (Former Employee) –  Barrington, ILOctober 7, 2018
the job is good the people are okay the pay is fair but some managers are sucky. glad they got rid of lisa filippelli. best decision ever. apart from that the jobs are fast paced and its fun
Pros
its fun and fast paced
Cons
poor management skills
Great Place to Work
Parts Advisor (Current Employee) –  Barrington, ILSeptember 13, 2018
Motor Werks provides all the tools you need to better yourself. plenty of room to grow and build your career. Lots of fun Employee events example Golf outings, Pine Wood derby, Employee appreciation days. Great management Team. The company is getting much busy and more successful. Its a Good feeling being on the Winning team. certain Positions here you can travel for training. The People here are easy to work with. Everyone is pretty transparent and helpful . easy to work with. Clean work environment From the shop to the showrooms. very well kept place.
Pros
Paid time off, Health Benifits, Training
Cons
Long Hours, can be stressful at times
Great work environment
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Barrington, ILAugust 3, 2018
Motor Werks has a great work environment and they’re constantly doing something to show their employees they are valued- from employee appreciation days to holiday parties with little goodie bags- to pinewood races. Motor werks is also a member of “you earned it” which is this awesome site where each employee has the ability to recognize another and give them points which you can then use to claim prizes! I think this is so great, it encourages eveyone to motivate one another. I have never worked for a company who truly strives to make their employees happy and keep work a little fun. Benefits, hours, compensation, and vacation time are good which is what I feel most people look for in a company. However, I think what sets Motor Werks apart from other dealers is that you have all of this plus a lot more. It’s truly a great company to be a part of.
Excellent opportunity
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILJuly 25, 2018
I can not say enough about the Motor Werks Automotive Group; the competitive atmosphere, supportive sales management staff, internal growth, excellent pay structure. I love the fun environment, working with all different types of clientele and dealing with all types of vehicles. The most difficult part of the job is the hours, however, if you do not put in the time to succeed you will not see the best of results. Motor Werks makes it extremely easy to be in the automotive industry as a whole. Tremendous group and I would highly recommend to anyone trying to pursue a career in the automotive industry.
Pros
High line product. Supportive Management Staff. Excellent pay structure.
Cons
Long hours. Difficult work/life balance.
Some Employees
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrington, ILJuly 14, 2018
This is a company that I once enjoyed coming to work for. I worked for the company just shy of 5 years. The inconsistencies of what the organization stands for is questionable. They are not true or hold to there word on promises. I had a pay cut that was never discussed with me. Upper management and HR continue to not investigate or care enough to see why there is such a high turnover in Accounting. It begins with management. That is your first contact in a position. If that goes sour you mind as well walk the other way. I have never seen so much micro managing in any other company. You need to be able to trust your employees. How you treat your employees will determine the fate of your company. The cost to hire an employee is alot money and time consuming. I don't understand why HR does not do an exit interview to find out why a person is leaving. Its clear they don't care. There moto everyone is replaceable. It questions ones loyalty to a company. This organization does not care about loyalty. It is a necessity for an organization to retain there best employees. Not have a competitor steal them away due to better opportunites. Manager need to care more. Stand by what image Motor Werks and the Circle really means. Honesty is something that this company lacks. Reward all employees efforts not just upper management. Ultimately this company once stood on open communication, fairness, teamwork, camaraderie and a family atmosphere. That is what retains good employees. New CFO has no personality and is very unprofessional. Definitely a company I would further investigate before  more... accepting a position. Get a lot of things in writing once you accept an offer.  less
Pros
Nice employees
Cons
Organization
July 20, 2018

We appreciate your feedback. Motor Werks prides itself in the core values we highlight and encourage within our organization, such as integrity and transparency. As standard practice, we have notifications and communication about any potential changes with our staff sent out and discussed before any changes are made. Motor Werks realizes the employees external situations may change and is happy to consider any possible accommodation for these individuals. However, these accommodations may result in employment status, responsibilities and, in some cases, pay changes. However, nothing happens without the employee’s agreement. HR representatives and the direct manager communicate these changes with the employee in writing.
Additionally, MW is very interested in hearing the feedback of departing employees. In certain situations, for example leaving the employment abruptly with no notice would make it challenging to coordinate these conversations.
We’re sorry you disagree with us, but invite you for a conversation about it. We look forward to challenging ourselves, improving and growing as an organization. Please feel free to reach out to us at hr@motorwerks.com to discuss your experience further.

Former Finance
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILJune 10, 2018
There is no work-life balance at Motor
Werks, at least not in the finance department. I was never informed by anyone during the interviewing process that a 50 hour work week is the norm. During month end close, you are working at least 10-12 hour days if not longer. I was working in Hoffman Estates above the Mercedes Benz dealership, the upstairs offices were dark, dirty, very few windows, closet like feel, very depressing environment. Culture was OK, if you have prior automotive experience I think you would be happy at Motor Werks, but coming from Big Corporate America as I was the automotive industry is nothing I would consider a long term career in. Management was OK, CFO seems to control everything.
Vacation policy horrible, if you needed a few hours off during the work week for lets say for a doctors appointment, you had to take a half a day off. First time ever in my career I have ever come across a policy such as that one.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
No work like balance and terrible benefits
July 20, 2018

We appreciate your feedback. The Motor Werks mission is to provide excellent customer service. In order to fulfill our promise, our processes and procedures for our staff are set to reach these expectations and provide a groundwork for success at all levels within our organization. At Motor Werks’ core, we truly appreciate family-life and a work-life balance. This can be seen with the shortened hours compared to other dealerships, our paid holidays, and our recently improved Paid Time Off policy. We completely acknowledge and celebrate the hard work our accounting team and our staff produce. We are also very excited with our recently completed renovations to our administrative offices for our organization. We’re sorry you disagree with us, but invite you for a conversation about it. Please feel free to reach out to us at hr@motorwerks.com to discuss your experience further.

Make use of your time
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Barrington, ILApril 3, 2018
This is a place where you are given the tools to succeed. If you put in the hard work the rewards will come. I think we have a very competitive pay plan and the fact you can cross sell ALL brands towards bonus is HUGE! It is very easy to get those 20 cars if you put in the work.
Pros
Free to learn as much as you want
Cons
Overall, nice place to work.
Finance Manage (Former Employee) –  Barrington, ILApril 2, 2018
Good place to work. Close at 8, makes a big difference to your hours, at work. Good group of sales people, make the job less stressful, and management help as well.
Pros
Close at 8
Cons
money
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  BarringtonFebruary 21, 2018
No support or encouragement - pretty degrading environment and no pay raise for over ten years. It would be nice to be told when you are doing a good job.
February 26, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience while working with us.

Employee recognition is very important to us. This is why about two years ago, we rolled out Living in the Circle (YEI) employee recognition platform to facilitate the top-down and peer-to-peer recognition.

Additionally, Motor Werks conducts employee performance appraisals annually to provide feedback to our employees as well as set objectives and goals for the next 12 months.

If you’d like to share more about your experience while working at Motor Werks, please contact us at hr@motorwerks.com so we can set-up a time to talk.

We appreciate your feedback. Best of luck in your future endeavors.

Sales (Current Employee) –  Barrington, ILFebruary 13, 2018
Overall, I've never been more excited to go to work on a daily basis. There's always new activities the management tries to get everyone a part of. Their goal is to continually improve your skill sets and offer training to do so. Of course nothing is perfect and there is definitely a few areas they could improve on. But nowhere is perfect and I've seen a visible effort to put processes in place to try and rectify these issues. If you're looking for a professional place to work where the pay is fair and everyone around you is happy, this is the place to be.
Pros
Fair wages, plenty of benefits offered, healthy work environment
Cons
Stressful at times
Opportunity and Growth
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Barrington, ILFebruary 8, 2018
I have never been at a company this employee centric until my career at Motorwerks. I speak personally of the opportunity for advancement. Motor Werks has a team of Human Resources professionals. Those people not only ask if you intend to move up in the company, but what Motorwerks can do to facilitate that growth. Examples; inhouse or traditional education classes, direct mentors, etc..

How awesome is that! A large company that knows the best way to serve its customers is to invest in its employees.
Pros
Teamwork, growth, fun
Great supportive atmosphere.
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILFebruary 5, 2018
Motor Werks is great place to build a life long career.
Advancement is always available if you work hard.
Motor Werks has many great processes, and the training to be successful. It seems they are always looking for ways to provide the best employee and customer relationship.
Pros
Great leadership, and opportunity for advancement.
Cons
Great place for career advancment
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Barrington, ILFebruary 5, 2018
I have been to other dealerships, But if i"m gonna stay in car sales, It's only going to be only with Motor Werks.

Great place to work. They give you everything you need to achieve excellence in your job. A lot of training, I gained a lot of experience at this place
Cons
An innovative and supportive place to work! I love it
Manager (Current Employee) –  Barrington, ILFebruary 5, 2018
I have worked here at Motor Werks BMW for almost 3 years. This is the best automotive group I have ever been a part of! I am valued and given training to be the best I can be at my job. I feel that my work here is valued and is even recognized publicly. I was just mentioned in our monthly newsletter. Overall this is really just a great place to work. Our culture is awesome. We have fun outings with our team and really work together. I have worked in retail automotive for almost 15 years and this is by far the best company I have ever been with. I was promoted last year and given a raise. I could not be happier here!
Pros
Amazing facility, constant training to develop and ability to be promoted
Cons
No 401k match
"Welcome To The Circle"
Commercial Van Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILJanuary 26, 2018
The Motor Werks Group is a great company to be employed with and they'll definitely "Welcome You To The Circle" Take it from me; I've been working here for 12 years!

I began the Motor Werks Group as a Salesman and over the past few years I've been able to manage our Commercial Van Sales Department at Mercedes-Benz of Hoffman Estates.

You may begin at an entry level position; however, if you're willing to make this a career vs a job they'll take you from an employee to a valued and appreciated business partner in their business!

If you're willing to work hard; the Motor Werks Group will spend their time and money on you to make you truly one of the best business professionals in this business! They've done it for me; they'll do it for you!

They'll guide you along the way while allowing you to have a great work/life balance.If you need something personally along the way; they'll support your personal needs and they'll work with you through those difficult times in life that we all experience.

I appreciate the opportunities the Motor Werks Group have allowed me to have over my past 12 years. The Motor Werks Group has molded me from a young adult out of college into a great Salesman. Then after being successful in Sales allowing me the opportunity to be their Commercial Van Sales Manager and growing our business together for everyone's success and happiness.

I appreciate being a valued member of this circle! May be you will as well.

When they say "Welcome To The Circle" you'll know what it means the moment you enter so I guess we'll see you soon!!!
Pros
We have the best staff in the entire Chicagoland area!!!
This was not a good ride
BDC Representativ (Former Employee) –  Barrington, ILJanuary 24, 2018
After working here for a year and having my job title/duties changed at least 5 times, they decided to not only relocate and centralize the BDC, but cut the pay after changing the pay plan more times than i could count. Their idea of making up for it was working over time. The managers are a revolving door and dont think things will stay the same for long. As if that wasn’t enough, there are tons of issues with management’s respect towards employees. HR doesn’t care. You can be treated like dirt and talked down to every single day. But it’s great if you want to work for a company like this. Especially if you enjoy being micromanaged to the point of not being able to get up from your desk.
Pros
The coworkers, beautiful cars
Cons
Micromanagement, extremely high turn over, no respect
January 30, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your employment at Motor Werks. We are sorry to hear that it did not meet your expectations.

Centralizing departments, especially the Client Care Center, can be an overwhelming experience, and we appreciate your patience during the transition. Since this department is new for us we are still working through the cracks to try and make the processes as flawless as possible. However, we do agree that more team members should be a priority. We’re currently and aggressively rolling out new initiatives to find talent with the same great skill levels of our current CCC employees. We’re sorry that you felt indifferent, but appreciate your feedback.

Furthermore, our management team and HR department truly care about our employees well-being and work hard to ensure a positive work environment. Your feedback indicates that there could be more improvements here. I will make sure this concern is communicated to our management and HR team.

Again, we appreciate your feedback. Best of luck in your future endeavors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MOTOR WERKS AUTO GROUP. Our community is ready to answer.

MOTOR WERKS AUTO GROUP Reviews by Location