Motorola Solutions

Motorola Solutions Employee Reviews

United States1,860 reviews

Found 1,860 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,024 reviews
solutionmsiengineertechnologylayoffradioproductcellular

King of the Telecom Infra, pioneers of cellular device and tower tech.

It was a great experience working 15 years for Motorola. Great technologies and people to work with. Legacy comm usera ows a lot to Motorola from two-way tech to cellular to location based tech development.

Pros

Career growth via educational help followed by role promotion.

Cons

Gave away excellant technologies such as Iridium and iDEN.

its fine

ok benefits. very little parking. Not a lot of room for growing unless you change departments completely. Overall very flexible and understanding with employees personal issues.

Motorola Solutions insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility

A great place to work with awesome managers.

Overall, managers always want me to succeed and learn new things. The work-life balance is also great.One downside is that since product cycles are 10+ years, not a lot of opportunities for actual hardware design are there.

Pros

Work life balance, Benefits, Culture, Mission

Cons

Advancement

For a certain person

Its remote work. It's not hard but unfulfilling. They're flexible with time off and you get some holidays off. If you want a repetitive WFH job and can handle stress, then this is the job for you.

This is a nice company to work at. The atmosphere is good and i feel like i have accomplished something at the end of each day. Managers are good and i have a sense of belonging with my employees.

Horrible workplace

Here is a list of reasons on why you shouldn't work here 1. YOU WILL NOT BE HIRED! they cycle through contractors2. Management sucks! - My manager never did anything to help me and was basically clueless 3. People are always talking behind each others backs4.Nobody acknowledges the good they only notice the mistakes you make - They act like 1 mistake you do is the worst thing in the world and they act like they are about to fire you5. You don't get a raise for the more work you start doing and they expect a lot from you6. They rarely ever allow you to take time off - They are not flexible with your schedule I can keep going but I do not feel like wasting a whole day writing about this company

As a part of a temporary project and team it was great.

I did not expect the project to be on the level of creating and editing badge photo IDs for thousands of Motorola employees. They rolled out a new system and reissued badges for new and old employees. It was a long but productive process. My 2 other teammates employed to do the same were great- a bonus as we remain in contact to this day. The employees and managers I came across were great with help and direction respectively, during my time there as well.

Aquired then let go

We got acuired by MSI then they gave us the choice to either reapply for the job we already had and be in the same area with the same pay and everything or get a severance. They tried to get us to learn all their stuff knowing we were being let go anyways.

Backstabbing Culture

Management is inept. My last manager had the attention span of a mouse. If you’re not an engineer, no work life balance. Backstabbing culture and coworkers

You will learn quite a bit.

Was great until dot-com bubble, then became an exercise in holding onto your job.Had to cut and cut from great groups as well as superfluous groups.If Management said to cut 10% across the board, it didn't matter if the group added tremendous value to the company, or minor support, it lost 10%.

Great people and place to work

Motorola has a great work culture, and work life balance is great. Pay could be a little better. Met some amazing people at Motorola, great management as well.

Very professional and good team work

Manager respect of you work and support your work. good leadership skills. allow you to work independently. Good benefit and good pay. I would like to work for them again

Company really cares about providing educación for employees

Producive and fun and provide time abr money yo show respect to employee's families. Provide a progressive movility plan. Working for Motorola solutions was one of my best work experiency.

Pros

Flexible schedules

Don’t do it

Just don’t. Period. They will use and abuse you and then find reasons to get rid of you. They favor their own kind there and there’s no chance for advancement.

Good comraderie and teamwork.

People help each other. It's a strong team environment where you have deep resources to draw from to solve customer problems. Managers are supportive.

Fun place good people.

Left for a new opportunity. Would always go back. Great place to work. I was always working on something that improved the lives of others. Great management.

CYA culture

The workplace culture is not good. You interact with people who seem to have there own axes to grind which makes it more difficult to succeed. Squeaky wheels get a lot attention. Management varies from overbearing and controlling to genuinely good managers you wouldn't mind working for or with.

Great People, Poor Pay, No Promotions

It’s a really nice job, but the pay is low and I haven’t had a raise in several years. Whenever a manager leaves my department they hire from elsewhere. They don’t promote from within.

Not sure where they got "solutions" from

I worked at Motorola, Inc. Not Motorola solutions. There are some errors in this website that need to be fixed. Motorola, Inc was a good place to work.

you work at a local shop or office, some people are valued more than others, the manager can play games with your time and efforts

working for an extremely large corporation like Motorola is challenging. Especially if you don't have the right manager to guide you through the HR Dept, PTO, Departments and other beneficial departments. You are a number, it's freaking hard to get a raise, and some of the employees are considered more valuable than others.

Pros

job security

Cons

NO raises

Your experience will rely on your manager. The company has no idea what goes on there with management. You will be too afraid to complain.

The company tries, but they have no idea what goes on there with management and how some people are treated. For some people it’s great, while for other people it’s horrible. You pretty much can’t say anything either, or you will pretty much be pigeonholed in the position you’re in, or worse. If the trainer likes you, you’ll succeed. If the trainer dislikes you, she will do whatever she can to make sure you are replaced.

Pros

Pay is good, Good first job out of college if you can befriend your trainer or at least stay below radar, Insurance is good.

Cons

If your trainer doesn’t like you, they will attempt to ruin your entire career, They will do whatever they can to make your life miserable so that you want to quit, They will literally call on you every single day, about every single mistake that you make, If you don’t get fired, you will want to quit, and I would encourage you to do so.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Motorola Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.1Personal Development
2.4Career Opportunities
3.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight