Motorola Solutions Employee Reviews

Found 1,502 reviews matching the search See all 2,442 reviews
Great company to learn engineering skills
Director of Cellular Smart Products Division (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJuly 17, 2018
very well oiled engineering development processes. Great work environment to learn how to develop products in a high quality, methofical way. A culture that embraces continual learning.
Pros
High Tech
Cons
Often looses corporate focus on direction
Its a great company but some issues
Channel Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 16, 2018
Motorola Solutions is a really laid back company with great people to work with and activities. The few issues I have are advancement, pay, and flexibility between coworkers and management. They don't really look at what you bring to the company and how well you do your job but how much you make buddies with management. I don't really think that is a proper way to move up in a company. The pay could be better. The other issue is that management needs to lead by example and when a manager does something and a employees see that they think that they can do it too. But when the employee is put in that same situation the management seems to not be so flexible. Overall its still a good company to work for and I love the product they sell.
Go place to work, but
Consultant - Project Manager, Global Operations (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 16, 2018
Motorola is a good place to work,good environment, easy commute and super smart people. but continual downsizing does not make it a safe place to work
Pros
good people
Cons
less people
great place to work
Assistant Engineer Line Technician (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILJuly 16, 2018
only left because new personal, opportunities arose. and the logistics of commuting everyday became tedious. I would recommend Motorola as an excellent employer
Pros
excellent benefits and atmosphere
Cons
heavy commute times
Productive and fun workplace
Call Center Operations Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJuly 12, 2018
 Support business to business customers with resolving a wide variety of complex customer issues, respond to email requests from customers, both internal and external, to update, review, and manage cases.
 Support inbound customer service calls which involve resolving a wide variety of complex customer issues, manage the dispatch requests for field service technicians to customer sites and infrastructure repair replacement.
ok job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLJuly 10, 2018
one of the better but not great. the company downsized a lot and many people lost their job a few years back. never was the same. not too sure about the job culture now but i know that it isn't as good as it use to be years back.
They were great but no longer in our area
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIJuly 9, 2018
Nothing to say, they are no longer an employer in my area. I can't recommend them because they aren't available. They were great when they were in the area, I would still be working there if they were in the area.
Motorola University
Packaging Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 8, 2018
I titled it Motorola University because the learning opportunities were endless. My manager was a great mentor and made sure I was challenged to improve in every way possible.
Was a great place to work
Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLJuly 7, 2018
Was a great place to work. Great work culture and very smart people. Learned a lot about product development for consumer products that were applicable in my future career opportunities
Very buy, high-volume workplace.
Commercial Counsel (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLJuly 5, 2018
My day mostly consisted of meetings, drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts, reviewing RFPs, RFQs, and government restrictions and orders. I learned to deal with state and local government officials. I had previous experience dealing with the federal government, but dealing with state and local government officials was something new. I enjoyed it.

The work culture was mixed. You could dress casually, unless, of course, you met with customers, and most people would help out. However, there was always the feeling that you could be replaced.

The hardest part of the job was the constant change in management and company reorganization. With the organization change came new rules and new ways of doing business. Thankfully, I adapt easily, but many people were intimated by it.

I enjoyed the ability to work on my own and make my own decisions. I was totally involved with my projects, and decisions were never made without consulting me. Management was usually fair and stood behind you and your decisions. I rarely had to contact my manager for anything unless it was to ask for time off or if I needed more resources. Talks about the future were often, and feedback was encouraged.

However, some of the techniques they used for letting people go were not the best.
Pros
Ability to work on my own and trusting my judgments.
Cons
lay offs
Like working with my hands
Assembly Technician/Tester (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 4, 2018
Being productive. Making quota. Working with great people.
Excellent work hours.
Able to travel other companies for training.
Working overtime
Bonus!
the most enjoyable part of the job
Credit Analyst / Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJuly 3, 2018
One of the most enjoyable parts of the job is being able to have a workplace culture that revolves around teamwork and problem solving for our customers.
Pros
Flexible work schedules/work from home options
Sr. Staff Engineer (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAJuly 3, 2018
many challenging projects to work on, work from home benefit is excellent, many training opportunities are provided, excellent benefits program including health, stock purchase, and 401K.
A typical day at work
Senior Staff Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJune 29, 2018
A typical day at work would include sitting in on staff meetings. Troubleshooting prototypes in the lab. Providing data for analysis and attending design/safety reviews.
Productive and Fun Work Place
Motorola Systems Technologist (Current Employee) –  Beltsville, MDJune 28, 2018
Productive and Fun Work Place. In this company, you can grow. Just have a positive attitude. you can be what you wanted to be in this company. It is diverse and equal to all company.
excellent experience at Motorola
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 25, 2018
Management was respectful and professional in every fashion. They paid well and bonuses were rendered as jobs were completed. They care about their employees lives.
Pros
pay and professionalism
Good place to work.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 19, 2018
I enjoyed working for this company for many years. I would've still be working there, but had to leave due to family issues.
I started off as a line worker, to being a supervisor. I exceeded in all the work that was giving to me. I worked as a technician which I like very much. I put in so many hours, because I like my job so much.
Pros
Lunch was good, even though you had to pay for it.
Cons
I enjoyed my time at Motorola
SR Testing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJune 18, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Motorola, I grow and learned a lot. It a relaxing environment, you just have to get your work done. Big on continuous learning. Layoffs hurt work culture for sure.
Pros
Great work and life balance
Cons
Layoffs hurt work culture for sure
Always loved working for Motorola
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJune 14, 2018
My time at Solution was as a contractor. I tried to get reinstated at Motorola but there were lay offs. The Motorola culture is that you need to know the right people to be placed in a position when there are layoffs in other departments. I never had that.
Pros
Love the work
Cons
Frequent downsizing
Great People but hours can be rough in NYC
Systems Technologist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 13, 2018
Motorola provides you with opportunities to learn a lot about Land Mobile Radio but in the NYC area the hours can be unbalanced due to commute and the need for these systems to be maintained.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Motorola Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K

Women's ratings

1.7Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss