MOTT CORPORATION Employee Reviews

productive workplace
Intern/ Environmental Health & Safety (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTOctober 16, 2018
this was a great company to work with. the employees have great teamwork and demonstrate leadership throughout the company. this company continues to grow everyday.
Excellent
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTJuly 11, 2018
I would have enjoyed my carreer here but it was short lived due to an error and judgement call on my behalf. If I did not make that error I would have retired here
Pros
Work Life balance great
Supportive Environment
Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Hartford County, CTJune 23, 2018
It was a very nice place to work, co-workers were nice and management was by far the best I have ever worked for. They provide regular bonuses and a regular raise period.
Fellow Employees are great, Management is lost
R&D Technician (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTApril 22, 2018
They do not track what it costs the company to do a job start to finish. Take on jobs they are not qualified to run or have the equipment to run properly. It is all about making a buck. No matter what. Example: 3 months to develop a new product and sell it. From concept to customer in 90 days! Very high stress levels, a hostile work environment due to management.
Pros
Employee owned, bonuses, great people
Cons
Short breaks very heavy work loads
modern day slavery and pay reflects this .
t room Setup Person (Current Employee) –  Plainville, CTFebruary 10, 2018
Management is a joke ,they either stand around all day drinking coffee or stand out back smoking cigarettes and doing shots.Supervisors are incompetent .To much really to list about how terrible it is .Run away don't enter into there slave factory
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Making money but no one is happy
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTSeptember 15, 2017
Management by fear. Read up on how the Russian Czars would control their people. Same idea here.
Lack of core values and leadership.

On way out to a better job and better quality of life.
Pros
Profitable
Cons
Churn and burn. No focus on long term.
nice company
MACHINE PARTS TESTER (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTJune 16, 2017
team work, treat with respect, manager or supervisor professional people. they training very well. safety place to go work every day easy job,........
Lack of direction
Applications Engineer (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTDecember 27, 2016
Company lacks direction and planning and is in the midst of change. The engineering resources are great but leadership lacks strategic vision to grow the company.
interesting and rewarding workplace
Research and Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTSeptember 21, 2016
The products made here are diverse and very interesting. The company is well organized and projects are run from design to completion with great competence.
Not a great place to work at all unless you are a workaholic or dont require sleep.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Plainville, CTAugust 5, 2015
I definitely would not recommend this to a new employee or a seasoned one either.
Expectations of hours worked for salaried employees are unreasonable at best and they don't pay for performance as advertised.
Nepotism is rampant and the work environment leads much to be desired. Typical company that takes much of their resources out while reinvesting very little back into its employees or equipment.
Is very proud of its 2500% product mark up and jokes about it often at the customers expense. Definitely not the place I want my name or personal integrity associated with.
Was happy to find employment elsewhere.
Pros
Pay was inadequate for duties assigned and long hours but good for area, . 2. Was reasonably close to where I lived, short commute.
Cons
1. Long hours, 2. Unreasonable expectations by management, 3. No viable employee training, Sink or swim mentality, 4. Management has zero soft skills, 5. No actual efforts made to improve quality of product., Monopolizes a niche market and acts accordingly.
Not a good place to work
Accounts Payable Coordinator/Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTOctober 20, 2014
The accounting department is the worse department in the company. Management always wants more out of you. If you want to work at a place that you do not have time to breathe, then Mott would be the place. Most people are unhappy now, and are seeking new employment. The pro is it is an ESOP company, if you ever see the retirement money at this point. They have a new owner and no one knows his agenda. Mott has gone downhill fast in the last year or so due to a new owner.
Pros
Esop, Coworkers are nice
Cons
Underpaid, Workload is more than 40 hours, Management is awful
Small but very profitable company
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTNovember 19, 2013
Typical day was sending the daily business report to upper management, entering data for payroll run and working on account recs. I learned payroll. Upper management in this company did an excellent job keeping costs down and profits high. I worked with some very talented and helpful co-workers. The hardest part of the job was month end because it involved long hours and work on Saturdays. The most enjoyable part was that I had outstanding co-workers that helped me a great deal when I was new.
Pros
Accounting department was well run with good processes in place.
Cons
Very small company with little possibility of advancement.
Ok company
Credit Collections Analyst (Current Employee) –  ctFebruary 6, 2013
It is ok place to work. A lot of hard work . friendly and kind people