Mott MacDonald Employee Reviews

Worst experience
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXFebruary 20, 2019
The company wasn’t bad, the manager I worked under went out of his way to make sure to let me know I wasn’t welcomed. Worst work experience ever.
No should should ever worry about their job based on their race.
Benefits
Cons
A great company for engineers, surveyors, and technical specialists. For other fields, not so much.
Document Controller/Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Canonsburg, PADecember 16, 2017
Overall, Mott MacDonald is a great company if you are an engineer, drafter, CAD technician, surveyor, or other technical specialist.

However, support personnel tend to be greatly overlooked for their contributions to the company's success. A perfect example would be the fact that only the upper-level management are eligible for stock options and/or bonuses, which should be shared with ALL employees.

The company benefits are good and reasonable cost, however, their Health and dental insurance providers leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to coverages for certain procedures and medications.
Pros
Holiday hours, flexible schedules, occasional freebies.
Cons
Work/life balance not great, expected to handle multiple and difficult workloads, with no regards to experience level
Effective and good working place at Mott Mac Donald
School Support Officer (S.S.O) (Former Employee) –  FreetownNovember 1, 2018
Monday is the most expected working day because teachers are expecting you as a school supervisor to check on their competences. I have gained a vast experience when working with Mott Mac Donald, the team connection, leadership qualities, interpersonal skills, working under pressure, very quick to respond in other to mitigate challenges faced in the field of work. The management of Mott Mac Donald is very good and having comfortable working terms and conditions. However, the work place culture is encouraging and friendly. The hardest part of the Job is when you go on school visit places that are hard to reach and very challenging. Meeting with teachers with a lot experience is very comfortable and friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job is that for every Friday, we always meet in a information shearing meeting to discuss relevat issues such as the successes we faced in a week, as well as the challenges faced within the week. However, the interaction with the teachers and givng them feedback is really awesome. Making specific reference on the good aspect of teaching as well as finding areas in which they need to improve. Testing the staff of Mott Mac Donald quarterly is worth living because it allow ayou to gain more experience moving with the job.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short breakes
Getting work done in time
National Education Consultant (Former Employee) –  JubaNovember 22, 2018
Mott MacDonald Office is friendly and e quite,with Cafeteria for those who can afford the meals on offer, and has a special corner for those who smoke.
Pros
Lunch is on pay as go basis
Cons
As consulted I was paid for the hour I worked based on time sheet
Very high turnover
Principal Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 21, 2018
Constant management changes caused frequent layoffs and back-fill of positions. There was no certainty of position and promises made by management to become a part owner were not fulfilled.

Purchasing of jobs at low price and admonishment of project staff who cannot produce a quality product at such low prices previously agreed to by management.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Hours
Good work environment
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Croydon, Surrey, UKFebruary 6, 2019
The work environment is a good environment to work in - co-workers and management are very knowledgeable and approachable. The work is challenging, but interesting.
They will not pay you for your work
Financials (Current Employee) –  AfricaSeptember 27, 2018
Company doesn't pay employees for months, purposely sends pay deposits to erroneous locations or bosses use excuses to hold pay to delay paying. They're poorly managed, bullying to their employees and demand employees work extra hours with super human demands without pay.
Cons
Purposely delayed pay
Workplace
Civil Designer (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAJune 19, 2018
Company is ok to work for. There are no opportunities for growth. No training in place to further your advancement. A couple rounds of layoffs. People in the office are awesome,
Cons
Growth, No Training for Advancement, Management
Project Specific
Management Support Specialist/ Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 15, 2018
Mott MacDonald is a project specific engineering firm. Employees are assigned to a specific project and work in the client's office. Mott MacDonald is the prime contractor for Program Management on the WSDOT Alaskan Way Replacement tunnel project.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Work only on 1 project at a time
Not a bad company
Civil Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 7, 2018
Not a bad company to work for.There are some managers that shouldn't be managers. Some managers were put in their positions because of who they know..
Ok Company
IT PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 24, 2018
Mott MacDonald is an ok company. Definitely a place where you will need to take a closer look at cons and pros and weigh if you really want to stay there.
Great people, projects, and transparency; Location and dress code could be better
Water/Wastewater Specialist (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJMarch 14, 2018
The Metropark office at Mott MacDonald was a great office to work in, as it was a very friendly environment for picking up new skills and becoming acquainted with the business and engineering side of water/wastewater management. As an intern, I was able to gain valuable skills, knowledge, and connections to help me advance in my professional career path. It was also fantastic to have a voice at company meetings, and to have events outside of working hours to meet and interact with co-workers! Definitely not a running errands and getting coffee kind of internship; you will be valued for your skills and knowledge.

The main things I disliked about the job were that business casual attire was required (I just don't see much practicality in wearing ironed shirts and pants) and the local area I was working in did not have much in terms of recreational opportunities. However, I feel that these are both typical drawbacks to working in a professional/urban environment, and that Mott MacDonald is a company which will likely work to resolve these issues in the future.
Pros
Friendly learning and working environment
Cons
Dress shirt, khakis, and a love for urban areas required
Buen ambiente, exigente
Principal Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  PakistánJuly 30, 2018
Permanente coordinación y manejo de contratistas.
Poder coordinar tantos contratistas de diferentes nacionalidades.
Muy bien.
Fuerte cultura laboral.
La idiosincrasia de las diferentes culturas.
Lograr la integración de todos y el éxito.
Good company to work for
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 18, 2017
Mott MacDonald is a good company to work for. Management is supportive; flexible hours and good benefits. Salaries are below average, unless you are an engineer/architect/management, then the company pays very well.
Pros
Pleasant coworkers; supportive management; stability on long term projects.
Cons
Average raises; no advancement unless you have a degree.
Be ready for fast-paced turnarounds
Specialist V (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXJanuary 3, 2017
Every project was different, never did the same thing twice. Every project schedule was compressed to barely realistic. Didn't get pigeon-holed into any one role. Was able to work on a lot of different types of activities on the project. That was the good part of the job. One thing I noticed was the pay wasn't as good as most of the companies doing the same thing I was doing. And I had gotten to a point where my compensation wasn't going to change without getting my PE.
Pros
Breadth of experience developed in the time I was there
Cons
Compensation could have been better.
Unstable and chaotic
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 9, 2018
Mott MacDonald is one of those companies that has no idea who they are because their leadership is completely disconnected. Employee owned in this case translates to top heavy staffing and a revolving door of new hires.
Lots of hours!
Survey Party Chief (Current Employee) –  West Texas, Ohio, West Va.May 7, 2018
Great Company to work for, great opportunities for advancement. Job security can be somewhat iffy due to being contract workers... Cons are that You work constantly, if You take a layoff to spend time with Family, no telling when You might get called back.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
No off time
Productive place to work
Specialist III-Project Support (Current Employee) –  Iselin, NJJuly 20, 2018
you are not micro managed at this company. they hire you to do a job and trust that you are going to do the job you were hired for. nice place to work for
Started off Good
Engineer (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MAJune 27, 2018
Now that in the United States we are no longer independently run, Mott MacDonald is just another corporate entity who treats people like numbers. If you keep your head down and blindly follow directions it is the right place for you.
Overall a good company to work for with good supportive co-workers.
Designer (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMay 3, 2018
This position allowed me to grow and learn new 3D software. My co-workers were supportive and it was a great work environment. My typical work day included working on various projects. I could start from a new project and take it from the review/ bid / Issue for construction phase or I could be given a project that was generated from another out of state office and ask to complete.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mott MacDonald. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight