MOUNDS VIEW PUBLIC SCHOOLS Employee Reviews

Great colleagues, but supervisors who enforce rules for some, not for others.
Technical Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNMarch 31, 2019
I loved working for Mounds View Public Schools' Technology Department. But I now realize that I spent 3 years were not properly compensated nor treated equally compared to my colleague with the same job title. I was not given benefits until the end of my tenure at the district, despite working 40 hours a week for 2 years (quite frankly, I think this should be illegal). Furthermore, I was doing the same duties as my colleague in the department.

Rules were enforced on me and not on my colleague, which I find so hypocritical. Every time I would bring it up my supervisors would tell me not to compare myself, although we both worked doing the same things! I felt undervalued, and it makes me so sad, as I loved my job.
Pros
Benefits, relaxed environment
Cons
Back-room drama, rules not enforced for all (only some), medical issues not taken seriously.
wonderful community of students and parents
teacher (Former Employee) –  Shoreview, MNJuly 17, 2018
questionable hiring practices, take advantage of nontenured teachers; teachers and support staff are top notch - administration on up to district departments has drastically changed for the worse; lack of trust in workplace, high voluntary turnover currently
great work environment
Special Education Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Mounds View, MNMarch 14, 2018
I was happy with my experience, I would have continued to work here had there been more opportunity for advancement.
The commute from Inver Grove Heights was another downside to this job, otherwise an all around great work environment
Incredible School District
Technology Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mounds View, MNFebruary 1, 2018
Extremely great staff. Supportive, positive, knowledgeable, and east to work with. Most administrative staff are level-headed and understanding about all situations. Most all adults treat each other like family with one end goal which is to serve the students.
Pros
Work/Life balance. District Tech support is great.
Love this district
Behavior Manager (Current Employee) –  Mounds View, MNDecember 22, 2017
Great principal, friendly co workers, so happy that I decided to work here. The pace is great and the management goes above and beyond to ensure that you are trained correctly.
Great district to work for
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNMay 6, 2017
I enjoyed working here. Other staff and administration were very supportive. It is a tough district to get hired into and to stay in. I would recommend applying and working in this district.
Team effort to provide services to children
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Shoreview, MNSeptember 15, 2015
While the work is intense, the rewards are plentiful. Work with families several years in a row as you meet the needs of children in a school setting. Special services team works to collaboratively provide services.
Pros
Colleaguial opportunities, good benefits
Cons
Evaluation and IEPs that are incredibly time consuming
Very fun seasonal job
Pole Vault Coach (Current Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNSeptember 14, 2015
I've loved working here. I've had almost complete autonomy with my track event. Only down side is it's seasonal and there are very strict rules on when you can work with your athletes
Loved working with students and familues
English Teacher (Former Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNJuly 27, 2012
Fantastic community in which to work. Students are great and families are supportive.
Pros
great community
Cons
turnover of personel; deans, administration, some key teachers
Rewarding working with ebd students
Special Ed Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Shoreview, MNJune 26, 2012
Investing my time and talent to make a difference in a students success.
Working at oak grove high school is so far my favorite job I have had.
Pros
excellent special ed staff
Cons
not 40 hours a week