Mount Airy Casino Resort Employee Reviews

It was a decent place to work
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Mount Pocono, PAApril 9, 2019
It was a decent place to work but it is really stressful cause it is really short staffed it has a good retirement place 401k life insurance and get sick time and paid time off
Pros
Free lunch break
Cons
Short breaks
Fun place to work in the hospitality industry
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mount Pocono, PAMarch 5, 2019
Very fast paced and consistently change to accommodate the workflow and guest. Nice job for starting career in hospitality industry.
The hardest part was the weather during the winter season due to heavy snow storms.
Pros
connecting with the hotel guest and accomodating their needs
Cons
short breaks
stressfull
Steward (Former Employee) –  Mount Pocono, PAFebruary 5, 2019
when I was working at this company it was okay at first but then they kept hiring people that just wanted to get paid to do nothing. they were lazy. I worked the overnight shift so it was pretty empty. the group that I had would be the same group all the time and on Tuesdays we had to deep clean the diner. the chef of the diner only wanted my team and I b/c he knew he could count on us to get the job done and right. I enjoyed working at this company until the end when all these lazy people started to come and cause nothing but trouble.
About average for dealers regarding pay and stress but poor scheduling management
Blackjack Dealer (Current Employee) –  mount airy casino resortOctober 28, 2018
Very inflexible regarding scheduling. They do not care if you have other jobs or a life outside of Mt Airy. They expect you to work whatever schedule they throw at you and expect you to find someone to cover your shift. This is especially difficult if you are new and don't know anyone. It's hard to find people to cover your shift since you only have a short window of time during breaks to talk to other dealers. The management could care less. I suppose that if you have no other commitments, then this would not be a problem. But I have yet to meet anyone who can be 100% at the beck and call of their employer. Let me reiterate, management does not care about your life outside of Mt Airy. Other than that, the other employees are very nice with a few exceptions. Also, be prepared to deal for hours in a smokey environment. Stay away from this business if you don't like smoke.
Pros
free lunch. free training. kind of exciting environment
Cons
benefits are terrible. management is terrible. smoke everywhere
Fun experience fun workplace
Casino Dealer (Former Employee) –  Mount Pocono, PAOctober 25, 2018
Mount airy. Was a very. Fast pace. Inviorment witch brought out the best. In me. I enjoyed my time there. But had to relocate for family reasons. I would recommend it.
Pros
Money
Cons
Working weekends
interesting
Duel- Rate Chef Manager (Current Employee) –  Mount Pocono, PAAugust 2, 2018
I wish not to speak ill of my place of employment. It is an interesting place of employment. The employees makes each day better than the last. Keep professional everyday.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
point system
Overall not bad
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Mount Pocono, PAJune 1, 2018
I’ve worked here for about 3 years and overall it’s not terrible. I enjoy seeing new faces daily but also seeing my regulars. Also, my coworkers keep work fun!
Okay workplace in the Poconos
Senior Marketing Database Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mount Pocono, PAMay 10, 2018
Not many options to work in the Poconos but this is a decent place to start. Not good for long term. Free lunches but the food is not that good. Best thing about this place is the co-workers.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
It was overall a good experience.
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Mount Pocono, PAMarch 20, 2018
On an average day you will always assist the guest . Always new information to learn.
Management is good in assisting the employees in whichever way they can.
Pros
Variety
Cons
24 hr coffeehouse.
its ok
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mount Pocono, PAFebruary 11, 2018
its a funny place to work. sometimes you are liked and sometimes youre not. its ok. one day I got a tip of $500, and another day I was entertained by a celebrity
Family Owned
GUEST SERVICES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Mount Pocono, PAFebruary 10, 2018
Family owned with little room for growth. Great Resort to get introduced to gaming and start a career. Some systems are antiquated and outdated. The property is very well maintained.
Its a Job
Cocktail Waitress (Former Employee) –  Mount Pocono, PAFebruary 4, 2018
not worth the stress and heart ache, scheduling is not flexible and they are not willing to work with your schedule out side the work place and they have little sympathy towards others
Pros
free lunch and a thirty minute break
Cons
scheduling not flexible
Good place to work as a college student.
Stewardess (Current Employee) –  Mount Pocono, PAJanuary 16, 2018
Mt. Airy is a fast paced job. Time goes by very fast. It’s a place where teamwork is necessary to get your job done quickly and effeciently. The pay is decent.
Pros
Coverage for full time employees
loved this job
Environmental Entertainer (Former Employee) –  Swiftwater, PAOctober 24, 2017
This was something I did when I was in college. The staff was great and so was the pay. No complaints. Would recommend this job to any kid in college.
Wonderful Place to Work
Bellman (Former Employee) –  Mount Pocono, PAOctober 6, 2017
Mt. Airey was a great place to work. Great managers and employees who looked out for you. The job was very fast paced but fun at the same time. I recommend this job to anyone who is just getting out of school and need to work.
great place
Table games supervisor/ dealer (Former Employee) –  Mount Pocono, PAAugust 21, 2017
good money for the area especially if you do not have a degree and looking for employment opportunities with opportunities to move up, the people that work there also make you feel like family. lots of support
great place
Bell Captain (Current Employee) –  Mount Pocono, PAAugust 14, 2017
love it here, great tips great people, good management . ive learned a lot bout myself as a worker here, the room to grow is really good they take great care of you
Good beginner experience
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Mount Pocono, PAJune 30, 2017
Mount Airy Casino is a wonderful place to get your start. However, the ability to grow within the company is nearly impossible. Many people have been in the same position for years without even the possibility for advancement. And the pay is below average.
Fast paced environment
Valet Dispatcher/Runner (Current Employee) –  Mount Pocono, PAMarch 27, 2017
Working in Valet, we are the first impression of the Casino. We would greet everyone with smiles and treat them as though it was their first time visiting.
We would provide assistance with bringing in their belongings,assembling their wheelchairs/walkers, or any others upon request.
After our guests where done with gathering their belongings, we would then safely drive their vehicle into the Casinos garage and attach the documents of location, guest name, car information and keys.
I also did Dispatch, so I would receive the attachments from the other valet members and administer the information into the systems records.
One enjoyable part of working at the casino is meeting different people from all over.
Pros
Relationship building with returning guests
Cons
Working in bad weather conditions
Poor Management and Horrible HR personnel
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMarch 24, 2017
too much favoritism, racial inequalities, higher ups are uneducated in job positions. lower level employees are more informed than the directors and managers..
Pros
wages
Cons
too much favortism, racial inequalities, higher ups are uneducated in job positions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mount Airy Casino Resort. Our community is ready to answer.

Mount Airy Casino Resort Reviews by Location