Mount Airy Casino Resort Employee Reviews

The best job I ever had
Casino unarmed security (Former Employee) –  Swiftwater PennsylvaniaJanuary 27, 2017
The best job I ever had, nothing really bad to say about this job but the pay, but overall it's a very cool job, very great experience, makes you want to come to work every day.
Pros
Get lunch from personal chef, hour lunch break, great people to work with, great management, make you feel in charge, meeting different people from all over the US, everyone respects you.
Cons
Low pay, dealing with drunks, sometime feel unsafe, refusing benefits
nice place to work
Busser/Server (Former Employee) –  Mount Pocono, PAJanuary 6, 2017
a nice place to work but there are pros and cons management varies depending on each department a place where you should just go to work make your money and then go home they give you on free meal if you work more than 6 hours for the day
Good place to work for 9 years
Shuttle Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Mount Pocono, PADecember 8, 2016
I work in Mount Airy for 9 years good place to work Management was good. Drove the shuttle picking up guest form the parking and took them to the casino or the hotel. My co-workers was great we work together really good.Just the weather was really hard for us.
This is why we relocated. Looking forward to start fresh and moving to a better live with my family.
Pros
great place to work and the people are great too.
Cons
weather in the Northeast is very hard to live.
Busy environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Mount Pocono, PADecember 5, 2016
Busy place usually all year round. Only negative is Holidays and weekends are a must which takes away from family time.Its recommended for somebody not with a family to work there.
Pros
good money
Cons
Takes away from family time
A busy weekend at mount airy
Valet Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  312 Woodland Rd, Mt Pocono, PA 18344October 9, 2016
So usually on Saturdays and Sundays I'm running all day for hours and hours till my break. i work 12 hour shifts those days by the way, so imagine trying to look nice at a 4 star hotel, but you sweating bricks the whole time. My co-workerd were all nice, we all worked together and communicated well. My manager was new at what he was doing. But he handle it very well. Work with us always gave a hand when needed. .
Pros
well cooked free meals, nice attire, great staff
Cons
sweating all day
Exciting place to work
Manager of Player Development (Current Employee) –  Mount Pocono, PASeptember 12, 2016
Mount Airy is always changing and is a fast paced environment. You never really know what to expect on a daily basis. You will encounter all kinds of customers, and need to be able to handle the emotional environment that comes with working in a casino. It is a beautiful property, with lots of opportunities for their employees.
High paced extremely fun place to work
Hotel Dispatch/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mount Pocono, PAAugust 8, 2016
Mount Airy Resort and Casino was a very friendly and fun place to work at. All employees were very outgoing and very hard working. Great place to work and advance, as I advanced quickly twice within 1 year.
Pros
weekly pay
n/a
Cage Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mount Pocono, PAJuly 11, 2016
too smokey
its almost like accountant
the shift manager is good to and help a lot
I get along with my co workers never have an issue
the hardest part was not to worry about being short money
Fun place with good people
Heavy Porter (Former Employee) –  Mt. Pocono, PAJuly 7, 2016
I loved working at this job my co-workers were fun to work with and would work together to make ends meet when someone was having trouble. My supervisor would help you when needed and he did a good job at communicating with his peers on what needed to be done and how to solve a problem if there was one.
Pros
Good people and good pay
Cons
Working over nights
Small Casino
Poker/Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Mount Pocono, PAMay 19, 2016
You get to know everyone quickly because it is a small casino! The upper management are always around for any questions and/or concerns.
Pros
Great People!!
Cons
Poor Food in EDR
Terrible place to work
Former Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mt. Pocono, PAApril 6, 2016
No opportunities for advancement unless your "one of the boys". So as a woman no chance for advancement. Management is extremely click and favoritism is in your face. Human Resources is a joke. Aside from Human Resources lack of professionalism, they should take some psychology courses to learn how to deal with people.
Pros
One free somewhat edible meal a day
Cons
Management, Management, Management
Productive and learning new methods of culinary
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Mount Pocono, PAJanuary 9, 2016
I learned important values here as far as staying clean and professional. Everyone was nice and helpful. I learned new efficient ways to cook and high volume increased my knowledge and passion for what I do.
Pros
Never hungry
Cons
Mostly nothing other then certain areas of the business
poor pay hard work
table games dealer (Former Employee) –  Mount Pocono, PAApril 20, 2015
not a career job by any means just a void filler and steady check happy for the time spent in the company and lessons learned not much else i can say you unload trucks and it is very hard. sometimes good days
limited advancement
CREDIT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Mount Pocono, PAOctober 29, 2014
friendly and family oriented company, gain strong relations with co-workers
good well balanced work environment
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Mount Pocono, PAOctober 4, 2014
a day in the casino was well organized and balanced fairly well.
the pay was decent as well as other perks like an employee dinning room and some 401k benefits
Pros
free meal
Cons
long shifts
Hard Earned Experience
IT 2nd Level Technician (Former Employee) –  Mount Pocono, PASeptember 11, 2014
While well groomed on the outside, the work experience lacked a fundamental sense of direction, and leadership. The moral across multiple departments was excessively low, leading to only small pockets of enthusiastic workers and a great deficit cross departmental learning for fear that your job would soon be taken from you once another knew how it was performed.
There is a great lack of training provided, with very little chance of advancement within the facility, while at first it was a fantastic place to work, an influx of new bosses who did not start at the bottom, to gain a sense of those whom they were in charge of have managed a once great facility to pieces.
Cons
Serious lack of communication in and between of departments.
Infinium Financial Software Analys
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mount Pocono, PAMarch 13, 2014
Administration, Configuration, Upgrades & Maintenance of Third Party Software (AS400/iSeries). Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, Implementation, Training, Documentation of Business Critical Projects
Great & Growing Company
Security Officer / Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Mount Pocono, PASeptember 10, 2013
Mount Airy is a place where management cares and tries to help individuals better themselves. Mount Airy makes sure that you and your family are compensated fairly and the Benefits are exceptional.
fresh new place
Dealer/Instructor (Current Employee) –  Mount Pocono, PASeptember 2, 2013
good place to work, having worked in the industry, I found it a little easier because of the size.
Pros
new enviroment
Cons
mixed management
Interesting place to work
Beverage Server (Current Employee) –  Mount Pocono, PAJune 20, 2013
Mt Airy is a great company to work for I have learned a great deal about time management and customer service skills.
A typical day at work can vary depending on the customers we have but overall most clients are friendly and appreciate the outstanding service I provide. The co-workers do their best to work as a team and get goals accomplished and the hardest part would be to see that management acknowledges our efforts.
If there is a negative comment to make it would be that management does not show appreciation for their employees. The lack of a simple "good morning" is not given, this brings down the moral.
Pros
Location and free lunch
Cons
No benefits for part time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mount Airy Casino Resort. Our community is ready to answer.

Mount Airy Casino Resort Reviews by Location