Mount Auburn Hospital Employee Reviews

Transport Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAApril 19, 2019
easy tasks
good teamwork
good organizer
have a good count of items
you need to now how read your writing and other writing.
ask for help if need to
Mount Auburn
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAApril 9, 2019
My tenure at Mount Auburn was brief as an intern but in my experience it seemed the hospital retained staff and people had a positive outlook of the hospital as an employer.
Rn
Registered Nurse Labor and Delivery (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAApril 8, 2019
I work as a L& D Rn for a long period time and was happy to work at here. Positive environment overall. I have no complaints other than this is mandatory.
Review
Clinical Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAApril 8, 2019
When I started working here the environment was totally different. People were friendlier. I felt like I left my job at work at the end of the day. As time went on management changed. There was drama with workers and the managers loved to harp on it without getting the full story. So they would treat people differently due to it until it backfired. It's a LOT of micromanaging. There have been continuous complaints about manager's being in the schedule (in which this is the job that you're supposed to be doing) and they refused to get out. The clinician's are awesome. As long as you have the attitude and personality they are willing to do a lot for you. Benefits are amazing! You get 4 hours a week of earned time. But honestly it's not worth the stress. They pay what they want for who they want. The job is a certain pay and they hire people in and pay them whatever they want. There's no room for growth. Anybody in management has been friends with somebody else and pulled up to a higher position. Easy job. It can be tedious at times but as long as you're organized then you should be able to handle the job aspect of it. It's a thirty minute lunch and one break. Sometimes, the management has issues with numerous breaks if you have to use the bathroom.
Pros
Earned time
Cons
Management, Promotion
Extremely faced pace enviroment
Front Desk Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAApril 7, 2019
Very fast paced working environment, Co-workers are quite helpful and manager always looks out for us. We must check in patients and answer phones , check out patients and schedule follow-ups and cardiac testing.
Pros
Free lunch on Tues
Cons
Never have a lunch hour.
Student
Student (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 31, 2019
Lovely hospital. I was a nursing student at the time so I can not attest to what a normal day would be like. Everyone was very friendly and it seemed like a wonderful place to work.
An excellent teaching hospital
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMarch 27, 2019
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Mount Auburn Hospital. The social work department was very strong and in my experience the quality of care for patients is excellent.
Mount auburn
Clinical assistant (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 25, 2019
Excellent place to work. Family oriented. Workers work hard but work together. Looking for another job because i am planning on moving out of state. Would not be leaving if i was staying in Massachusetts
For Administrative Staff Jobs, You can Do Better Elsewhere
Pathology Secretary (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 11, 2019
The pay scale for secretarial and administrative jobs was very low, especially when you consider the skill level they want from you. Some managers were chosen simply because no one else wanted the job rather than by their qualifications and interpersonal skills.
Pros
Inexpensive onsite cafeteria, off-site parking
Cons
Low wages, Healthcare benefits limited, poor lower level management
Mount Auburn Hospital was a good place to work at the time
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 9, 2019
A typical day at work was doing 10-12 ultrasound exams a day and also teaching radiologist in training how to perform ultrasounds. I moved up to supervisor while working there and that was very difficult, I learned I was a better Indian than a Chief which is why I chose to leave and become a staff sonographer at Newton Wellesley hosptial.
Good
Mammo tech (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 22, 2019
Experience was good they work with you to get ahead. Can more to different modalities if you are willing to. Co workers are helpful and kind. Work load is shares
Job
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MADecember 27, 2018
I ran an office for OB/GYN practice, I made sure the day to day operations were running smoothly. The managers had a close connection so you always had resources to go to.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Traveling to hospital for meetings
Nice Hospital
P/A Coordinator for Behavior Health (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MADecember 18, 2018
Great area, great parking, good pay, great physicians, a great learning institution, great cafeteria, everything in close to hospital. Great transportation.
Pros
Great Transportation
Cons
No Insurance
Was a great place to work....
Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Watertown, MADecember 5, 2018
Was at this practice for 18 years and loved my jobs I've done ,there has not been any kind of Raise or good praise from upper management or providers .
Pros
Knowing alot of people
Cons
Stress...
Interesting and challenging work environment
MEDICAL CODER (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MANovember 23, 2018
Excellent and supportive work culture. Enjoyed collaborative learning experience. I learned a great deal. Supervisors were knowledgeable and friendly.
Pros
Supportive, friendly work environment. Great learning experience.
Cons
Long commute
Nice employees
Former Medical Assistant in OBGYN (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MANovember 3, 2018
Nice place to work overall. Needs more involvement for medical assitants and room for growth. I constantly felt overwhelmed and overworked and very under appreciated.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not long enough maternity nor room for growth
Awful positon, awful environment
Outpatient Psychiatric Service (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAOctober 30, 2018
The hospital was not a great environment for staff. You have to do better than the best to get any respect or recognition. Very cliquey and unsupportive.
Pros
great working with clients
Cons
no support, long hours
Great Place to work
Prior Authorization Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAOctober 12, 2018
People were great. Management trained well.As a private contractor , I deliver groceries to waiting customers in a timely manner. Made sure all deliveries were accurate and properly distributed. Reported any discrepancies to Instacart human resources department
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Outdated systems
teaching hospital
Claims Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAOctober 11, 2018
Good place to work if you are stating out, I have been doing this position for years and they need to be more open with the hours due to people commuting.
Pros
steady envirement
Cons
hours and commute parking
workplace is great
Professional Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAOctober 3, 2018
the work was not too much to complete the staff and team work great togeather, I will always go back as needed, the different locations are great also for patients

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mount Auburn Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight