Mount Auburn Hospital Employee Reviews

LOVED my time at the Mount!
Business Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMay 6, 2018
If I could have picked this hospital up and moved it to my backyard I would have. Wonderful people, Wonderful benefits, Just a great place to work without having to go into Boston
Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMay 1, 2018
It was very Productive and coworkers very helpful. Always very helpful to Patients with billing and Insurance eligiability,etc. Making sure claims were correct.
Pros
good healthcare
Cons
Great Hospital to work at.
Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAApril 27, 2018
Local hospital in Cambridge that serves more than just Cambridge. Great place to work.
Competitive benefits, supports continuing education for staff,
Pay to park onsite
Just another day at The Mount
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAApril 25, 2018
They try, they really do. No harm comes to the patients, just the staff. Why be efficient when you can reward incompetence? Why properly train staff when you can let them flounder?
Pros
free ice
Cons
awful staffing ratios, poor management, unreasonable expectations, crumbling infrastructure
Good Place to work
Go-Live Ananlyst (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAApril 18, 2018
Work shortly there as a contractor, people seems great and a great environment. Great facilities seems very committed to patient care. Overall a great experience.
Average workplace trying to be better
Epic Beaker Analyst II and Instructional designer (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAApril 2, 2018
Historically not the best paid hospital, there is opportunity here because of turnover at the moment. A lot to learn, a small hospital with a complicated and wide ranging services provided. A teaching hospital so always new things to fix.
Pros
6.5 weeks total time off (sick + holidays) and good benefits
Cons
Pay is low
Excellent hospital and workers
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMarch 13, 2018
Even after leaving this hospital full time, I still work here per diem as I love this hospital and the workers. They are caring professionals and like family.
Pros
Family oriented
Patients
Oncology Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMarch 5, 2018
I love the patients and the relationships I was able to build with them over the years. Working in Oncology has been rewarding but also very challenging.
Mount Auburn Hospital
Sr. Epic SER Administrator & Security Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 21, 2018
Mount Auburn Hospital or MAH is an average sized hospital that , after many years of working with an established EMR or Electronic Medical Records system has implemented a new and improved EMR.

As the organization is small, all work very closely with each other from executive management to the general worker.
coworkers are really nice
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAFebruary 15, 2018
I like working there, but the location is really impossible for me, the manager is really understating and will accommodate with your needs, but the work place can be stressful at times.
Pros
work hours are great
Cons
short breaks, too much work loads, understaff
no job development or advancement
Patient Registrar (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 14, 2018
poor management and no job enrichment or advancement possible.
The benefit package is good and dental insurance exceptional. Human Resources Dept. is not helpful at all when trying to transfer between departments in the hospital.
Pros
nice patients and staff
Cons
poor compensation and management
ok place to work, not forever
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAFebruary 12, 2018
I work with a great team. Upper management it a little difficult to work with, they are not helpful and do not provide feedback. Not much room for advancement.
good work culture
Registered Nurse Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 6, 2018
Good staff to work with, patients are very pleasant and thankful. Good management, fair pay, not much overhanging management.
Pleasant environment to work.
Great
Revenue Cycle Specialist, A/R Representative (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 2, 2018
I enjoyed my position with Mount Auburn Hospital as a full time Revenue Cycle Specialist. Interacting with the management, as well as, the physicians offices to insure best results and accountability of all claims.
Fast paced hospital setting
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 26, 2018
Fast paced with patients, doctors and nurses. Had to order labs, cultures, food, etc. Could be stressful at times and short staffed. Nurses are amazing
Productive and Innovative Organization
EMR File Representative/Scanning (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAJanuary 25, 2018
Process internal and external electronic health information/medical records into EPIC for medical providers.
Fax urgent requests or patient not on file in EPIC to medical offices.
Photocopy documents when needed and requested according to protocols.
I learn more regarding the healthcare field, a lot of clinical stuff and improve my medical terminology.
A good management, who helps and supports their employees.
Good environment,work life balance, innovative organization.
I enjoy my time at MAH, collaborative work environment.
Pros
productive place, good people
Team Spirit
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MADecember 17, 2017
I learned a great deal working in a hospital environment and the nurses get most of the credit. They tend to be flexible with transfers as opposed to other companies and institutions. There was true comradery among the staff who worked towards the same goal - supporting patients. The only reason I left was because I wanted to further my education and work at a local college. This is another field which I regret leaving. Although it doesn't pay as much as large universities, I did enjoy the job and was able to advance in my skill set and learn a great deal about the various departments as I advanced within and worked for one of the chief surgeons before leaving for continued education towards a degree.
Not a good place to work.
Lab Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MADecember 11, 2017
Too many negative things to say. Poor management, toxic work environment. Too much favoritism, no appreciation for staff who do twice as much as work with no financial compensation. People do what they please and get no repercussions while those who work hard are taken advantage of. Not a good a place to work.
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
Everything else.
Working in healthcare has been challenging
Admitting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MANovember 13, 2017
I have worked at the hospital for over 20 years and have been working the night shift for 14 years. The hardest part of the job I'd have to say is working the night shift. I've learned a lot and I enjoy helping people.
Pros
job security, benefits
Cons
compensation
A typical day at work
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MANovember 3, 2017
Our floors are short-staffed and fast-paced with complex patients. Nursed tend to feel overwhelmed with lack of help such a nurses assistants. Poor staffing and poor management overall.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mount Auburn Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.3

1.8Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Mount Auburn Hospital Reviews by Location