Mount Auburn Hospital Employee Reviews

Busy, Productive and Caring office
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MASeptember 18, 2018
My typical work day consists of caring for patients and making them feel as comfortable as possible. I escort patients from the waiting room to the exam room, take vital signs, collect and send out specimens, do voiding trials, straight cath patients when necessary, urge PC, bladder instillations, prepare patients for procedures and assist providers in the exam room when needed. I also do a lot of documenting on the computer and scanning of documents. The hardest part of the job is seeing patients struggle. The most enjoyable part of my job is to see a patient smile at the end of a visit, knowing that I was part of their care and I helped them to feel comfortable.
Pros
I enjoy working with a caring team
Cons
I dont like how they double book patients
employers make you feel welcome in the department
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MASeptember 17, 2018
answer phones
assist patients checking in and out for their appointments
collects co payments
made appts for other departments
works closely with MA staff
Ok I guess
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MASeptember 14, 2018
Like any job, if your good at what you do, you will be fine. Stay away from the office politics and get your work done. I hate that sick time and vacation time all comes out of 1 pot and there is no room for growth.
Worked overnights
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MASeptember 9, 2018
I only work overnights so it is hard to tell much about the hospital. There is not much communication with management and myself. It is a small hospital and I get along with other employees from a variety of departments
good working environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MASeptember 8, 2018
staff work as team players. could pay employees a more competitive wage.

hospital cuts have been increasing over the past year. Nurse patient ratios could be better for step down compared to telemetry floors.
loved it here!
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MASeptember 8, 2018
This was a great place to get my feet wet. I started as a nurse's aid, worked as a graduate nurse and then an RN. Learned so very much about time management and the basics of nursing.
Pros
Charles River views
Dedicated people, good organization
Epic Home Health and Hospice Billing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAAugust 31, 2018
Company may not be as big as other healthcare systems in the area but they are committed to the community. They are taking steps to keep that same dedication and high level of healthcare to continue for at least another 100+ years.
not a merit company so you'll be reviewed the same as everyone
Imaging Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAAugust 22, 2018
All about the image not the nuts and bolts. Acts like a small close knit community but is only about the bottom line. Administration doesn't care about loyalty and longevity as a good thing. Just care about image.
Pros
in cambridge
Cons
no merit increases, can be a slug and make as much as a hard worker
Decent place to work
PROJECT MANAGER, OneIS, Epic Implementation (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAAugust 21, 2018
Mt Auburn is a busy fast paced work environment.
I was given the ability too work with the staff to guide the development and execution of hardware deployment for the implementation of EPIC EMR system .
Pros
People are friendly
Cons
Very hectic
great people to work with!
Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAAugust 13, 2018
Always busy, always fun.
The nurses were very good to work with and always helpful to each other and the rest of the staff.

When the census is up, everyone pitches in to help out.
Second career
Medical coder (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAAugust 11, 2018
It was a second career for me as my previous jobs in printing were dwindling.

Mt Auburn offered me a job when I had no experience and over a 10 year period I learned something everyday and was advanced to the position I wanted. It’s not always easy and with any job there are challenges but I will always be grateful for the opportunity they afforded me.

I met many nice people and am grateful for the friends I made at Mt Auburn Hospital.
Pros
Hours can be flexible, great benefits
Cons
Pay scale is lower than many Boston hospitals
Great
Medical Assistant/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAAugust 7, 2018
That was the best experience working with geriatric care in Mount Auburn.You will see lots of old people who really need patient care in their lives. Hardest part was Getting calls from lots of nursing home and suddenly react to them was a big issue there.But i will say it was great customer service experience .
n/a
Unit Coordinator, Wyman (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 30, 2018
Mount Auburn Hosp a clam quiet environment for patient and employees. A lot of the staff are kind and generous. Great interaction with patient and their family.
great place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJuly 16, 2018
the atmosphere at mah is great. the benefits are awesome. people are easy to work with and the Cambridge location is very convenient. pay was decent and cafeteria was awesome
Productive and Fun
Administrative Assistant / Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJuly 12, 2018
Always something new to learn everyday. With the wave of patients who come through the door everyday, you never know what to expect. However, everything is always hands on and will get taken care of.
good to bad
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJuly 4, 2018
Mount auburn used to be a great place to work until they hired new management and forced everyone to quit/retire. Towards the end everyone was over worked and tired with no life/work balance.
‘Stepford Wives’ Culture.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJune 25, 2018
Direct Managent:
Do what they tell you to do, but don’t you dare, don’t even think about it, to do what they do.
Co-Workers:
They will be your best friends, forever, if you keep helping them to reply to personal emails during working hours. You’ll get a knife in your back if stop that habit, and you’ll get a knife in your chest if you bring that up to a supervisor.
Exceptions:
Absolutely, and they are many.
Pros
Benefits, I’t could be worst.
Cons
Breaks, frenemies, amount of priorities, bad communication of what’s important, etc...
MAH Review
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJune 14, 2018
Mount Auburn Hospital is a phenomenal teaching hospital. Respiratory Therapists are involved with critical care teams, and feel valued as a team player. Additionally, I work in pulmonary rehab which is a great change of scene. Working closely with patients and top Pulmonologists in the area is very interesting and great lectures on a weekly basis.
Nie place to work
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJune 14, 2018
Mount Auburn was my family for 13 years. Working there was great. my coworkers was like sisters and brothers. Everyone got alone great. When other employee had to work on our floor they also said we work well together and it is peaceful.
Excellent people to work with
Clinical Intern (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJune 5, 2018
Direct management is excellent. Culture is warm and kind. Excellent cafeteria and cafe. Wonderful environment for learning and excellent patient care all around.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mount Auburn Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight