Mount Carmel Care Center

Working at Mount Carmel Care Center: 7 Reviews

United States7 reviews

3.4Job Security & Advancement

Great place to work!

I have worked at Mount Carmel Care Center for 8 years this month. I couldn't imagine working anywhere else. I come to work everyday for the residents! The Carmelite Mission is very important and the staff live it everday!

July 26, 2021
We appreciate your feedback and are so glad that you have enjoyed the work experience at Mount Carmel Care Center. Thank you for serving on our team with us!

A nursing home that cares

The staff are professional and truly care about the residents and patients. Staff are friendly and helpful. Administration is supportive. The rehab team is amazing!

September 9, 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience at Mount Carmel Care Center! We are so glad that you feel this way about your coworkers and the administrative team. Thank you for serving on our team!

Mount Carmel Care Center insights

What people like
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Faith-Based "Best of the Berkshires" 5 - Star Skilled Nursing Facility

I have been the Administrator at Mount Carmel Care Center in Lenox, MA for more than 5 years now, and the best people in this field choose to work here. We are on a Mission to serve this community with dedicated focus on service to our residents and families. High resident and family satisfaction - CoreQ 92nd percentileLow staff turnover and No Agency use.American Health Care Association "Quality Initiative" Top PerformerLocal Community and Engaged Board of DirectorsWe are here for our residents: "The Difference is Love"Extensive support and guidance from the Carmelite Sisters for the Aged and Infirm.

Pros

Culture, Teamwork, Dedication to Excellent Care of Residents and Families

Cons

Small facility, does not use "casual" employees.

Small facility

It is a small facility, the staff/patient ratio is better than other facilities, other departments work well together, management let's you know they appreciate you

July 10, 2020
We appreciate you taking the time to leave a response! We are so glad that you enjoy your time at Mount Carmel Care Center. At our community, all employees are appreciated and valued!

Great care and staffing

Staffed great, so patients are always able to get great care. No room for advancement though. Administration could be callous especially when giving notice, does not take well to using sick time and not much available overtime

Pros

staffed well

Cons

administration

Being Familiar, professional, and supportive dot-dot-dot

Everything was basically routine everyday. getting to know your residents and their everyday needs was key... Making sure so you gave your very best to them and respected them in they're home ... Mount Carmel is very religious dot-dot-dot which was in my case a plus ...

Pros

High-wage, supportive employees, great residents

Cons

Poor management at times, being scolded instead of corrected, residents not always receiving proper care

Very flexible

Dietary Manager was very flexible as far as what time of day I could work. you pour drinks for the ailing residents that need thickened drinks and ginger ale, put dishes away, made coffee, Prepared for the morning shift if you worked nights and did dishes. The people that work in the kitchen are very easy to get along with. Team players.

Pros

Lunch or breaks

Cons

You only have 10-15 minute break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mount Carmel Care Center. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits