Mount Carmel Care Center

Mount Carmel Care Center Employee Reviews

The staff are professional and truly care about the residents and patients. Staff are friendly and helpful. Administration is supportive. The rehab team is amazing!
Official response from Mount Carmel Care Center
September 9, 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience at Mount Carmel Care Center! We are so glad that you feel this way about your coworkers and the administrative team. Thank you for serving on our team!
I have been the Administrator at Mount Carmel Care Center in Lenox, MA for more than 5 years now, and the best people in this field choose to work here. We are on a Mission to serve this community with dedicated focus on service to our residents and families. High resident and family satisfaction - CoreQ 92nd percentileLow staff turnover and No Agency use.American Health Care Association "Quality Initiative" Top PerformerLocal Community and Engaged Board of DirectorsWe are here for our residents: "The Difference is Love"Extensive support and guidance from the Carmelite Sisters for the Aged and Infirm.
Pros
Culture, Teamwork, Dedication to Excellent Care of Residents and Families
Cons
Small facility, does not use "casual" employees.
It is a small facility, the staff/patient ratio is better than other facilities, other departments work well together, management let's you know they appreciate you
Official response from Mount Carmel Care Center
July 10, 2020
We appreciate you taking the time to leave a response! We are so glad that you enjoy your time at Mount Carmel Care Center. At our community, all employees are appreciated and valued!
Staffed great, so patients are always able to get great care. No room for advancement though. Administration could be callous especially when giving notice, does not take well to using sick time and not much available overtime
Pros
staffed well
Cons
administration
Everything was basically routine everyday. getting to know your residents and their everyday needs was key... Making sure so you gave your very best to them and respected them in they're home ... Mount Carmel is very religious dot-dot-dot which was in my case a plus ...
Pros
High-wage, supportive employees, great residents
Cons
Poor management at times, being scolded instead of corrected, residents not always receiving proper care
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Dietary Manager was very flexible as far as what time of day I could work. you pour drinks for the ailing residents that need thickened drinks and ginger ale, put dishes away, made coffee, Prepared for the morning shift if you worked nights and did dishes. The people that work in the kitchen are very easy to get along with. Team players.
Pros
Lunch or breaks
Cons
You only have 10-15 minute break