Mount Carmel Health Employee Reviews

Because We Care!
Medical Practice Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 4, 2018
Great place to work for but years of service is not a factor when it comes to raises or advancements.

Work flow is very important and is handle by front staff to ensure that all patients are seen and discharged in a timely manor.

The hardest part of the job is fitting all the patient needs and making sure every one walks away with an understanding of any health issues that they may have.

Team Work Makes The Dream Work when every one works together makes the job flow and makes for a GREAT day!
Pros
Care Core Values
Cons
Long time employees do not benefit.
Productive and fun work place, everyone nice and on time
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 3, 2018
Love this job just need overtime but they don't offer it. Employees that I work with are happy and nice, no one calls off and everyone enjoy their jobs. The patients love us and enjoy their food and I just love helping patients to get around the hospital.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long breaks
Administrative Director of Surgical Services (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 26, 2018
Excellent in patient care, working to stay current with technology and patient care delivery system. COO was excellent leader and risk taker for positive change.
Pros
Cons
Business Decisions
na
Clinical Liaison Genesis Team (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 26, 2018
Again I do not want to review this employer. I am only typing enough characters to get through this tedious task. Have a nice day. I have only to type....
Pros
na
Cons
na
coworkers are friendly.
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 18, 2018
More often than most, days were stressful but everyone chipped in when there was a need to take care of each individual patient and make their experience one that they would never forget.
Pros
Regardless of what "management" vibe is being put out, most pe0ple on unit try to work cohesively.
Cons
usually too much or too little staff.
On the surface it looks good
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mount Carmel, OHSeptember 12, 2018
When first starting everything seemed fine, but it quickly became apparent that there were some issues. Everyone seemed friendly at the beginning, but when coworkers get comfirtable talking you find out that there is an obserd amount of "back biting". Management seems to jump to conclusions and takes the first person they talk with as the truth without finding the truth first.
Loved it!
Cashier/Nutrition Service Aide/ Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 7, 2018
I really enjoyed working with my team members and with my customers .I learned a lot about serving food and helping others the best part of the job was making the sandwiches on the grill.
Pros
Being able to swipe card for lunch and gift shop.
Cons
Cafe workers should get a better discount
Hospital work environtment with shift wars
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 3, 2018
A place where work is continuous and ever-changing, always busy. A Pharmacy technician fills Pyxis machines, compounds and puts away stocks of medication.
Pros
Very good insurance, makes sure you get your break.
Cons
Very different culture between shifts
very busy
INFORMATION SERVICES RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH 43222September 2, 2018
The pay is not enough for the expectations of the position. Feel like the some of the doctors really don't care for their patients like they should. Not enough compasion
Disorganized
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 2, 2018
Recent changes have resulted in disorganization. There has been poor training for the changes that have been implemented.There seems to be a disconnect between upper management and lower management.
Pros
Good wages
Cons
poor staffing at times, empty promises
productivity and fun
Patient Transporter (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 1, 2018
patient care is our number one concern and some of our goal is to maintain a 100% productivity on a day to day basis. without been said i think its a great place to work.
I love working here
CT Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 29, 2018
I love working at mount Carmel east. I've been working here for 5 years now; 4 years in xray and1 year in CT. It got better when we became a certified stroke center and now a level 2 trauma center.
Pros
For me it is close to where I live + the benefits
Cons
short lunch breaks
Productive fun place to work
Patient Financial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 27, 2018
Worked in labor and delivery where I performed registrations of patients who were either in active labor or coming in due to bleeding and etc. I completed 2453's for babies that were born to mothers that had state insurance.
Team work
Staff therapist (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHAugust 20, 2018
There was an atmosphere of team work. Everyone would check on their coworkers to see if they needed help. No one was left to carry a heavier work load than others.
Pros
Flexible part time hours
Cons
Could be a heavy work load
Fast-paced work place
Multi-Skilled Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 20, 2018
I thought that the nurses were extremely helpful and open to answer any questions. All the staff were very generous at all Mount Carmel locations. I was a tech and loved the atmosphere.
Mount Carmel
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 15, 2018
Mount Carmel Hospital is a great community hospital where they have outreach focus for the surrounding areas and community. They have many locations and campus where many people in the community can go for health care services and outreach programs.
Drama and very stressful
Lab Registrar (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 7, 2018
There is a very high turn over rate in the Outreach registration room. You would think since so many people complain about the same person and nothing is happening that they would investigate a little better to find out what is really going on. instead they continue to just let person after person resign without even asking the reason. The management is terrible. They do not take your concerns seriously. The place is awful. If you want someone to care about you as an employee do not work here!!!
Awesome place to work.
Telemetry Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 4, 2018
When you work here you are part of a team, and that shows highly. Everyone works together very well and are so respectable to other people and employees.
Productive and well managed workplace
Multi-skilled Technician (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHJuly 30, 2018
Productive workplace with opportunities to growth within the network if wanted. Really enjoyed the work environment and staff. Management was very approachable and willing to work with you.
Was a great place at one time
Medical Editor/Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 17, 2018
Would have stayed there until retirement but they sold our department to a company in India with only 30 days notice with no options for us to opt out of it.
Pros
Was production based so was able to make decent wages
Cons
Sold us without option to opt out and take another position in the hospital

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mount Carmel Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight