Mount Carmel Health Employee Reviews

Safe and Boring
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 19, 2018
I worked in the Corporate Services Center in an analytical capacity. There are fantastic people there, although the management is lackluster. This was a job for someone who was ready to coast in their career (not me). Absolutely no career advancement or development opportunity. On the positive side, my management was very understanding and flexible when things came up.
Things at the director level are extremely cliquey. They are kind of like the "cool" kids who actually know what's going on, while the others just fly in the dark and do what they are told (this can be hard to work from from an analytical perspective). Communication was a struggle (this was probably more for my specific manager.) He wasn't a bad manager, but leadership did not come naturally to him. Overall a decent job, albeit a somewhat frustrating 2 years of my life.
Pros
Good people that usually try to fix issues when put before them
Cons
Boring, no development, and a dying culture
Great organization. Cares about the employees.
Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 5, 2018
Great organization, continues to grow and expand. Puts the patient at the forefront of the organization. Zero Harm Philosophy. Improving colleague engagement through more recognition and PERKS programs. Strong Executive Leadership team. Highly visible in the community. Lives the mission!
Pros
Sponsored Events, 403b match, competitive salary and benefits
Intense focus on the patient is most important
Surgical Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus OhioJanuary 15, 2019
Being a Surgical Services Associate I worked with three other SSA's. It was our job to assist in surgeries as needed, transport patients and also to clean the operating rooms after each procedure.I learned how important infection care was and how to reduce the chance of it spreading. Management was firm but fair. The culture among the surgical staff was one of trust if they knew they could rely on you. I enjoyed this because I did all I could to please them every chance I could. The hardest part was just how physical this job could be. The most enjoyable part was being accepted by my peers, the nurses and surgical techs. They were the best of everything.
Pros
Culture in the Surgery department
Cons
Short breaks and sometimes very short lunches
Because We Care!
Medical Practice Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 4, 2018
Great place to work for but years of service is not a factor when it comes to raises or advancements.

Work flow is very important and is handle by front staff to ensure that all patients are seen and discharged in a timely manor.

The hardest part of the job is fitting all the patient needs and making sure every one walks away with an understanding of any health issues that they may have.

Team Work Makes The Dream Work when every one works together makes the job flow and makes for a GREAT day!
Pros
Care Core Values
Cons
Long time employees do not benefit.
Worked remotely from home for the last 5 years of employment.
Medical Transcriptionist/Editor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 28, 2018
Again, learned something new everyday. Management was very accessible and responded quickly. Working in the home environment was very enjoyable. The hardest part of the job, again, was the production based pay, which was basically what kept you focused and efficient in transcribing/editing.
Pros
Working at home, benefits and paid time off accrual.
Cons
Production based pay.
best job ever
PER DIEM OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 28, 2018
the culture here is second to none. the only reason I left was because I had to relocate. the management is great-professional and understanding. everyone is on the same page and quality care is number 1.
Great Place To Work
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 1, 2018
Working for MCHS is fun and exciting! There are many opportunities within the organization and management cares about their employees. The compensation is not as good as that in the private sector but the work environment can't be beat!
Its an ok place to work
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 19, 2018
Always understaffed. Benefits are terrible. Management always piles more work on the nurses. No one helps each other. They always get rid of positions that are needed the most
Work summary for Doug Howard
Maintenance and HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHJanuary 5, 2019
Clock in; check the buildings, operation logs on computer see if there were any alarms active and correct if necessary. Get boilers ready for inspection, checking on chillers and cooling towers. Work on my list of PM's examples are change filters, belts, motors on exhaust fans. I also helped on other hospital problem's tv's, doors, beds, stopped up sinks etc. I met with contractors to check on their job's being done through the hospital. Walk every air handler room check for leaks and cleanliness. Help out in other department's if needed. A good part was seeing old friends and old co worker's I like to work with and I am old school, I take pride in my job performance and respect everyone. I am always on time and never late. My pet peeve people with drama. The most enjoyable part of a job is to know you are respected by your coworkers and your boss for a job well done....
Pros
Hands on ran the building and only notified boss when there was a problem.
Cons
not on call and would get called in .
Enjoyable
Diet Aide (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 19, 2018
A typical day working at Mount Carmel Health is optimistic.
Everyday you have the chance to learn more about yourself.
Good workplace culture.
24/7 job can be tough when the job is understaffed.
Pros
internal opportunity
Cons
understaff
On the surface it looks good
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mount Carmel, OHSeptember 12, 2018
When first starting everything seemed fine, but it quickly became apparent that there were some issues. Everyone seemed friendly at the beginning, but when coworkers get comfirtable talking you find out that there is an obserd amount of "back biting". Management seems to jump to conclusions and takes the first person they talk with as the truth without finding the truth first.
Productive workplace
Finance Department Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbus OhioJanuary 11, 2019
A decent place to work with good management. The CEO, Ed Lamb, genuinely cares about the colleagues and patients. Zero Harm is a huge initiative where we are focused on people centered care.
Drama and very stressful
Lab Registrar (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 7, 2018
There is a very high turn over rate in the Outreach registration room. You would think since so many people complain about the same person and nothing is happening that they would investigate a little better to find out what is really going on. instead they continue to just let person after person resign without even asking the reason. The management is terrible. They do not take your concerns seriously. The place is awful. If you want someone to care about you as an employee do not work here!!!
Nursing school hospital
Multi-Skilled Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 9, 2018
Work for this hospital before nursing school, awesome in helping me advance my career and attend their nursing school which at the time was one of the top nursing schools in Ohio
Pros
Cons
Ohio weather
staff RN (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 9, 2018
I have worked here since the beginning of my nursing career and cannot imagine working anywhere else. I would highly recommend Mount Carmel Health system to anyone.
Pros
Locations
Cons
n/a
coworkers are friendly.
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 18, 2018
More often than most, days were stressful but everyone chipped in when there was a need to take care of each individual patient and make their experience one that they would never forget.
Pros
Regardless of what "management" vibe is being put out, most pe0ple on unit try to work cohesively.
Cons
usually too much or too little staff.
Administrative Director of Surgical Services (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 26, 2018
Excellent in patient care, working to stay current with technology and patient care delivery system. COO was excellent leader and risk taker for positive change.
Pros
Cons
Business Decisions
Friendly staff
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 14, 2018
The staff is friendly and seems to really care about patient care. Benefits are good. Room to advance. Tuition reimbursement is nice. The people who work at West make it a wonderful place to work.
Do not work here
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Mount Carmel West, Columbus OhioDecember 30, 2018
DO NOT WORK HERE if you value your license and your sanity. Everything seems fine at first, but you will learn upper administration cares only about appearances. The "chief nursing officer" knows very little about actual nursing. They have multiple conflicting policies, and will pick and choose which ones apply on any given day- and who they apply to. There is a reason they have a boatload of job openings- good people keep leaving!
Pros
decent co workers
Cons
dishonest administration
great place to work
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 4, 2018
to always take care of patients and needs of there families. I learned many skills at mt. carmel, plus the management was always available to assist others when needed. to know when I came to work that it was more than just a work place it was my second home.
benefits
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mount Carmel Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight