Mount Saint Mary's University Employee Reviews

For the Love of Teaching
Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 27, 2018
I love teaching the young and upcoming Nurses, and this was the main motivation for me to teach. Mount Saint Mary's University has a good nursing program, but of course the program can still be improved.
Cons
Parking is so difficult.
Good
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Emmitsburg, MDMay 16, 2018
I only worked as a peer tutor but it was fun and I am returning to the job in the fall. The environment is obviously very relaxed because tutors are made up of other students.
Great for Research
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Emmitsburg, MDMay 6, 2018
Minimum wage job for student workers, relaxed atmosphere. Professors are very helpful and supportive of student interns. Flexible hours and fun events.
Amazing
Facility Assistant (Former Employee) –  Emmitsburg, MDMay 2, 2018
The supervisors are amazing. It just like being with a second family. its a very relaxed places with very flexible hours. The people who work there are very nice and understanding
Best Working Environment
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 1, 2018
I have worked here for 11 years and I love it. MSMU Chalon is a beautiful campus with the most friendly & helpful staff. Everyone loves working here. I highly recommend this employer.
Pros
Free farmers markets, supportive environment, kind and helpful faculty/staff
Cons
Parking
gained experience
Graduate Psychology, Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 5, 2018
Very willing to gain skills, great environment, and very flexible hours. It is a great place to excel in your education but as well as advance in your career.
Enjoyable Work place
Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 2, 2018
Co-workers and students here are great to work with. There is always new challenges. Trying to get set-up forms for events can be stressful at times if they are not in on time.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Hard to advance into different departments
Msmu
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 2, 2018
Good place to work if you are entry-level and looking to gain experience in Higher Education. It's located in Downtown Los Angeles and the campus is beautiful.
Good work life balance place to work
Employment Health and Wellbeing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 25, 2018
Nice work for entry level career paths for university work. Tuition waivers are offered after six month employment. Lots of holidays and if you like working with future leaders, it is good.
Pros
great holidays
Cons
behind on technical updates
Great Place to Work
Adjunct Professor of Economics (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 17, 2018
I enjoy working at Mount Saint Mary's University in Los Angeles. The atmosphere is great. The school cares so much for its students. Management is very understanding and thinks very highly of its staff and faculty.
Small, Relaxed, and Quiet University
Part-time Philosophy Professor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 7, 2018
Mount Saint Mary's has a great philosophy department. Our professors are relaxed and a pleasure to converse with. It's pretty quiet around the office, and it's always nice to bump into someone once in a while.
best guys you could ever work for
MAINTENANCE WORKER II (Current Employee) –  hmmDecember 12, 2017
great place to work,, everyone gets along, and watches out for one another, at work,, and off work,, pay is fair, but without a trade, its not enough to make it,
Pros
great people to work for, and work with
Cons
just not enough salary for maintenance
Great school, great beginning opportunity
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Emmitsburg, MDNovember 22, 2017
Students are great, management is great, but the salary could be better. Currently an adjunct professor and the amount of time/ energy does not equal the amount we get paid. Pay more and the return will be greater.
very expensive school
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 25, 2017
does not give any help to its students, will not be cost efficient, will always have an increase to tuition every semester,

the nursing program is only 2 years for adn with another year for bsn, but traditional bsn is 3 years
great school for nursing
ADJUNCT CLINICAL NURSING FACULTY (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 12, 2017
Supportive management and directors to faculty. Gives opportunity to be a part of the school system for part-timers like me. Very professional and high quality student graduates.
Temporary work assignment
Accounts Payable Temp (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 5, 2017
My role as a accounts payable associate at Mount Saint Mary's University was temporary. Therefore, I can not review the compensation/benefits part for Mount Saint Mary's University as I did not get compensated directly from the University. However, Mount Saint Mary's University has a great supporting, accommodating and friendly team. I have learned a lot of financial/accounting knowledge and experience from working with the team.
Great People, Not Efficient
Finance (Former Employee) –  Emmitsburg, MDJuly 31, 2017
Very positive place to work as long as you are not trying to complete any complicated tasks. There is a major lack of efficiency in most offices. Whenever someone tries to install more efficient methods, there is a major backlash with how uncomfortable people are.
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 7, 2017
MSMU is a great place to work at. Benefits are great and the flexibility as well. I was able to balance school and work. Loved interaction with students and families.
Amazing school.
student (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 5, 2017
I love MSMU. Great Professors who want nothing but the best for their students. Very High quality education. My future daughters will definitely be ate ending this amazing school.
Productive workplace
Supervisor- Media and Technology Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 22, 2017
This job was very fast paced and required a lot of learning. I learned a lot about computers and how to install the correct programs into them. The most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that on down time we were allowed to do homework or study since it the job is located in a school.
Pros
Study time, time to relax
Cons
Very fast pace