Mount Sinai Health System Employee Reviews

Found 925 reviews matching the search See all 1,016 reviews
Excellent place to learn
Respiratory Care Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 18, 2018
Lovely collaborative environment. I learned a lot. I was involved in many exciting projects with a lot of different and varied constituents.
It was exciting and creative to work at Sinai.
Horrible management
Nursing Care Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2018
Very stressful place to work. There is no sense of teamwork. Management does not do anything when there is a complaint made. There are very little consequences for employees who do not follow the rules if they are friends with management
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
The team was very polite and welcoming.
Junior Accountant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 12, 2018
Many of the team members offered to help whenever I was stuck or confused with certain tasks. Overall it was a great learning experience working there.
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 9, 2018
I always felt that at Mount Sinai Management did try to listen and understand what the workers can offer to make the hospital and services better for the patients as well as the workers. We had meetings with management regularly and everyone could share their opinion on what they think could help make the hospital better. They even teamed up workers and management together in contests to see who could come up with good ideas to make the system work better.
Pros
understanding work place
Cons
no cons
A nice place to work
Programmer/Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 9, 2018
The most enjoyable part is working with co-workers and get the job done on time. Beth Israel (Mount Sinai -Parent Company). Employees must be convinced of the benefits that continuous learning can bring both to the team and to the company’s goals as a whole.
This company does not have the ability to motivate its emoloyyes
Call Center Representative/ Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 8, 2018
There are no incentives to meet the demands of the work environment. The ethical work habits are poor as well as lack of management support. For the atmosphere fast pace high patient volume there is no support or tools to enable you to meet the demands of their increasing patient population
Best hospital to work for in the city.
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 7, 2018
Mount Sinai is the excellent choice for employment in the healthcare system. With modern technology and diverse community of professionals, Mount Sinai sets the standard for the healthcare system. Patient Relation is a top priority making Mount Sinai incredibly hospitable.
Pros
Employee benefits, job security, diverse community
Cons
Strict political employee structure, lack of room for advance for administrative roles
Motivated environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2018
The typical work for our clinic is serving an average of 300 schedule patients and 50-75 walk in patients on a daily bases. I have learned to be understanding and excepting of all patient's circumstances.
Pros
Team work
Cons
No back up plan
Review
Patient Coordinator I Endocrinology Department (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 3, 2018
IF you get into the the hospital its good you can transfer from department to department if see fit. However it doesn't work out that way all the time
My Review
Health Information Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 30, 2018
I learned how to be more team player how t balance family with work.
Our management changed so we always had someone different with different rules. Mount Sinai taught me the ability to have compassion upon patients and dealing with the public.
Terrible
Building Service Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 30, 2018
There is so many cut throat situations at Mount Sinai (MAIN HOSPITAL) everything is based on who you know and who likes you. If your not kissing behind your screwed. If you do not do what they say, and if your not kissing behind you would never get anywhere.
benefits
Cons
management, no progression, short staff
Leadership
Supervisor III (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 26, 2018
Poor leadership in the entire access center I felt I was fighting a fight on my own. not worth the headache.
you'll feel like your wasting your talents in a place that does whatever they want.
Pros
Amazing customer service training upon entering
Cons
poor leadership - internal no snitching thing
Dedication
Director Information Technology (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 25, 2018
A typical workday can be intense but if you build a good team around you it's worth it. I learned a lot about a fast-paced environment. I was fortunate to be part of the second tier of management.
Pros
Really good people you can be around.
Cons
Not everyone wants to get the project done in a timely fashion.
Productive & family like environment
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 25, 2018
A typical day at work was very routine , I learned to take initiative & make certain work decisions on my own , management could've supported their staff a little better, the workplace culture was family like & helpful, the hardest part was working nights, & the most enjoyable part was helpful my co-workers were.
ready for employment with excitement to learn new things
Support Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 24, 2018
Fast paced environment very professional the workflow can be a bit stressful for some but if you come in with a plan and tackle it everything should be okay and every month there is some kind of promotional opportunities
Pros
Easy to work with
Cons
Don't believe in giving up
Good place, not so great neighborhood
Senior Integration Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 19, 2018
Typical day at work is projects I am working on between our hospital sites and partners. What I learned most is the Cloverleaf HL7 integration system and was also certified. Management really needs to be updated they are fixated too much on old technology and too much politics except for the CIO who has also left the hospital. The culture is good, people are great. Nothing really hard about the job. The most enjoyable parts of the job was learning the Cloverleaf system and working with the various departments.
Pros
Cons
no parking
Excellect
Business Associate A. (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 19, 2018
Great place to work, excellent doctors, nurses and fellow co workers I love working at Mount Sinai. I am currently in the process of relocating to Connecticuit.
Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 15, 2018
Great place to work. People and management is very helpful, they want you to grow with the company. Great benefits and great Job Work/Life Balance. Its great to have the opportunity to help the community.
Good palce to work
Nursing Clinical Specialty Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 14, 2018
Very good place to work, the culture is good. My department was excellent compared to where I work currently. The benefits were good. Management made it easier to handle the stressful periods.
Pros
Benefits, compensation, and management
Cons
Fast pace, deadlines, and some in upper management
Great place to work!!
Therapy Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 13, 2018
A typical day here is one where you feel that you are a part of a team, you are appreciated for what you do. Excellent management and patient care. This is a very diverse population and most employee get along well.The hardest part of the job was to watch the patient struggles. The best part of the job was the end results.
Pros
Excelent communication between management and staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mount Sinai Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

52out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Mount Sinai Health System.

Powered by Comparably