Mount Sinai Health System Employee Reviews

Found 993 reviews matching the search See all 1,093 reviews
A nice work place with friendly people.
Internship (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 11, 2018
While I worked in Mount Sinai Hospital, it was in a smaller group project within the company. This made a really nice environment to work in and everyone was very friendly.
I have not worked
Unit assistant (volunteer) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 11, 2018
I have not worked in Mountain Sinai hospital in New York.
The telemetry unit is a good place to learn much dynamic care.This was the place where I acquired essential skills that I built up knowledge to take care of patients.
i enjoyed mt time working there
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 11, 2018
work days are stressful but good, it was a family atmosphere. in the health care industry the patients are the hardest part of your job no one like to be sick or given devastating news about their health.
Pros
pay, vacation, benefits, and free food
Cons
stressful
Good Company
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 7, 2018
I wish school reimbursement was better. Salary is competitive but not the highest in the market. Benefits offered after 90 days for full time employees.
Productive workplace
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 5, 2018
Working with vendors to bet their accounts paid on time. Management always gives recognition for working to get invoices processed. The company giving training to help improvement for your job performance.
Department makes a difference
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 4, 2018
Depending on the department in which you work, it will make a complete difference in your job experience and quality at Mount Sinai. Employee satisfaction varies from each department. Not much room for growth and career advancement.
Pros
PTO days
Demanding workplace
Financial Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 29, 2018
MSH has taught me how to work well with others and with management. MSH has helped me with my time management skills and communication skills. MSH gave me the opportunity to advance my skills in computers and technology.
Didn't work Here
Assistant Director for Personnel (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 28, 2018
Worked at Beth Israel before it was part of Continuum or Mt Sinai. Cant comment on the current organization. This question is not relevant was 35 years ago
Enjoyed my time at Mount Sinai
CVICU Surgical Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 26, 2018
Mount Sinai was a very good place to work. Patient population comprised of very sick individuals, making the work rewarding with being able to see their health improve. The workplace culture was cohesive and everyone worked well as a team.
very productive and conducive environment to work
PATIENT CARE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 25, 2018
Typical day at work is always fun for me because of the conducive working environment and the kind of co-workers and management of the Company. The job is like not for me considering the number of years i have put into it.
internships
Internship (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 24, 2018
• Conducted field surveys throughout the metropolitan New York area to assess public awareness of various cancers and solicit suggestions for increasing outreach and
information.
• Presented at various event; advocating for underrepresented population screenings and educating attendees on the importance of awareness and prevention.
Good place to start
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 23, 2018
When I was working at Mount Sinai, I learned a lot. I had a good time working there but my facility didn't offer 12 hours shift that is a big effect to me as a long commuter.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 21, 2018
This is a large organization and once you join you feel part of a great place. They offer learning opportunities and growth. However, because is a large and structured organization one may be feel very insignificant.
Great company
PATIENT CARE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 20, 2018
Nice place to work and grow further career and educational goals as well experiences. Diversity is at a all time high and this is a company that helps contribute to that factor.
Pros
All room for grow
Cons
Compassion is obsolete sometimes
Review
IV Unit Dose Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYOctober 17, 2018
I don't have much to say. Only am only living because I have to transfer to a different state. Overall I like this job and enjoyed working for Mount Sinai Hospital.
Intense but fulfilling
UTILIZATION REVIEW ADMISSIONS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 17, 2018
Working with surgeons is no easy task but it teaches me a lot about the healthcare system. Surgeons need a lot of support from different areas of the hospital and my function is vital to their success.
The hours are very flexible in my department as I can work weekends, holidays, and overnight. There is a lot of opportunity for overtime. They even accommodate to my schedule at school.
The overall culture of the operating room will take some getting used to but once you understand the flow of things, it becomes second nature. The RNs, anesthesiologists, and other physicians are there to answer any of your questions so you won't have to worry about not knowing anything. Everybody in the OR works together toward a common goal. As long as I do my job properly and efficiently, they can do their jobs with ease and won't bother you for anything.
Pros
Flexibility, autonomy, jargon
Cons
Time sensitivity, preferential treatment
productive workplace
Ambassador (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 11, 2018
typically at work i am independently active. what i learned at mount sinai is how to care for others. i feel like management cares about their employees. Working in the health care field you are dealing with sick patients and being by their side helps them feel better. The hardest part of the job was leaving I really enjoyed my job there. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping others.
Very good
Field Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 9, 2018
I had an amazing time at mount sinai. We worked in a team and it absolutely helped each of the employees to get together and be comfortable with each others.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short break
Not worth the time, effort or hassle you will go through
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 5, 2018
CONS:
Managers Micromanage everything: worse than being back in school

Too much work,so many things to do and no reasonable completion date, very backdated.

No employee recognition: basically get rewarded for hard work with more work

Don't try to do overtime because management will call a meeting with you and manually will try adjust your time(pay attention)

No promotion potential: you will basically be doing the same thing everyday no matter how good you do it get comfy where you are

Toxic gossip filled environment with incompetent staff

Not enough adequate training, basically thrown into work with some floaties

If there are severe weather conditions and you call out they deduct vacation days no matter how severe

Don't expect management to disclose their many attendance policies until you violate them and or they try to write you up because they barely know them and half of it doesn't apply to them

Only main big holidays are off (since it is a hospital whether you work in the actual hospital building or not)

PROS:
Benefits and insurance is pretty good

A lot of extracurricular activities provided, but good luck having the time to enjoy them let alone have access to them if they are not in a location near you

Free examinations and vaccinations in their employee health center
Pros
Employee Benefits
Cons
Micromanagement, Stagnant Positons, No employee recognition
Business Associate (BA) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 4, 2018
Registrar patient into epic and cerner system
Set follow up appointment
Set dinner menu for patient following day
Call dr. or nurse to assist the patient when needed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mount Sinai Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight