Mount Sinai Health System Employee Reviews

OutPatient Rehab
Therapy Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 22, 2018
Not a fun place to work/ very unorganized / highly under paid and under staffed
Comp time instead of OverTime!
They want you to do the impossible in scheduling and multi-tasking!!!!
Not worth your energy.
Pros
1 hour break
Cons
Very high volume
Mount Sinai Hospital
Dietary Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 17, 2018
Mount Sinai Hospital is a job. where there is room to grow you learn to care and respect the patients I learned so much being a Dietary worker such as how to prepare meals for the patients. the hardest part is learning the menu after awhile it gets easy
Best institution with the best leadership
Senior Consultant, Development (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 17, 2018
I spent 15 incredible years working in Development at this fine institution and would encourage anyone to consider employment there under the exceptional leadership of our Dean and CEO.
N/a
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 15, 2018
▪ Conduct comprehensive assessment of patients with chronic medical conditions to improve their health literacy and
management after discharge.
▪ Provide supportive counseling and case management for patients in the community.
▪ Collaborate with medical team regarding patients’ care coordination and discharge.
▪ Train incoming social workers on program organization and patient case management.
productive, informative , reliable
Surgical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 8, 2018
Mount Sinai hospital is a very reliable company that can help excel you to your best abilities to succeed in life. They provide the toos and education needed
productive and fun
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 2, 2018
It had been a pleasure to work at Beth Israel medical center. Everything had been great while I was working at Beth Israel Medical Center. If I had a chance ot go back, I would work there again
Professional place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYApril 30, 2018
great place to work.high professionals.nurses ,doctors one place.as a security officer you have the great responsibility to safeguard them everyday..
Pros
discounted lunches
Cons
short breaks
i loved this job
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 30, 2018
I loved it, they tought me everything i know about food service. if i could say one thing about this hhospital, tghey fun they get there work done the laugh and it feels like family.
Mediocre work experience
Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYApril 28, 2018
The job had a lot to do with sitting at the front desk and walking around the hospital. It would be a bit more enjoyable if I was actually able to take on more responsibilities besides being the human version of a directory. It was still nice being able to meet new people though!
Decent place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 26, 2018
Staff are competent and friendly. Works as a healthcare team. The facility, however, is old and so is the eMAR they use. They need to get epic or powerchart.
Busy ED
Registered Nurse, Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 23, 2018
very busy ED, and management does not use a waiting room, so it is typically to have 10-14 patients at a time. The speed makes it very stressful. The team works together, but it can really wear on you anyway.
Mount Sinai is a good place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 23, 2018
The benefits for employees are very good and the employer assist in the payment for employees only. Working here is good, but not much room for advancement.
Benefits
Cons
Managers rely to much on staff to do their work.
Fine
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYApril 23, 2018
I worked for this company as a contract personnel. My pay was below what the surgical technician where making. I wouldn't have been able to support myself if it wasn't for other income.
Blah
Certified Nursing Aide (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 22, 2018
Blah not to good. Cut throat workers blah blah blah blah no more unacceptable can’t stay need ...good nurses just not treated fair everyone over worked and under paid
Pros
Cons
Alot
good place to work
Case Manager Assistant. (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 20, 2018
my role is a very essential part of the hospital, I truly love what I do ,except the fact that I cannot grow financially, there is no room for growth unless your are a registered nurse. I love to learn new things and I truly have since I started the role that I presently have. I would truly like to get a job that I am safe to retire.
Pros
allow me to excercise my skills
Cons
having trustworthy employees that is there to get the job done and not just for the money.
fast paced work environment with low help
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 19, 2018
too much work load for technicians and others didnt want to contribute to help out. There were good sides of the pharmacy, but overall it was the lack of management and the laziness of the other technicians that i give a bad review
Intern Life
Digital Design Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 19, 2018
The head officers and supervisors were very charming, very very sweet, very considerate. I felt really welcomes and was treated like someone special which was a really great feeling as an intern.
Assisting the pharmacist
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 17, 2018
Typing letters; assisting client representatives during their daily visits to the patients. I learned to listen to patients concerns.

Hardest part was leaving the company.
Pros
co workers
great place
Nurse Coordinator of Multiple Myeloma Program (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 17, 2018
I grew from an ordinary staff nurse to a leader, coordinator and able to help navigate my new role on my own. have lots of opportunities and grabbed it as it came with pride.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 17, 2018
This was my first post nursing school registered nursing job. I enjoyed working there. Very educational oriented. Provided great preceptorship for new nurses. Excellent nurse/patient ratios. Sorry I had to leave because of changes in parenting responsibilities and non-availability of day shift at that time.
Pros
Desired employer which made shift changes difficult
Cons
Great employer

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mount Sinai Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

52out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Mount Sinai Health System.