Mount Sinai Health System Employee Reviews

Found 965 reviews matching the search See all 1,063 reviews
good
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 21, 2018
theyre great, awesome staff, friendly patient. Overall great environment. You're going to learn a lot and gain many skills here. love love love love love
Stressful yet very rewarding.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 19, 2018
I was medical assistant helping nurses and physicians in their tasks. I helped with CPR cases and trauma emergencies. I also shadowed other personel to learn about trauma clinical sites.
Nothing at the moment
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 18, 2018
Will answer in person. My coworkers were pretty great team players and very supportive when needed. I've had several experience at Sinai because I do believe in moving up in the company plus being loyal, that's why I was able to transfer within tje company and didn't have to go outside for about 9 years.
Pros
Breakfast from different vendors
Cons
Sometimes working late hours
Excellent Company
Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 17, 2018
Working at mount Sinai taught me many things. Mount Sinai it's my first full time job and I had learned so many thing especially in management. I highly recommended.
Worst company I've worked for
AR CBO Billing Coordinator / Claim Editor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 13, 2018
This company only look out for people of a certain ethnicity. If you speak up for yourself supervisors and managers find a way to pick at you. I would not recommend this company to anyone
enjoyable
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  emergency roomSeptember 13, 2018
i worked in th emergency room as a volunteer.I really enjoyed the work there.I learnt a lot of hans on application of how take care of patients.I really enjoyed it and learnt a lot.
Chaplain Intern
Chaplain Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 11, 2018
Mount Sinai is a nice place to work filled with people who work hard to give the best care possible with the few resources they have.This is a place that you will encounter all types of people and you must be professional at all times. The management works hard to make Sinai the best!
Dynamic enviroment
Operation Manager of Building Services (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 8, 2018
Been with the company going on 12 months. time demanding and very challenging.
I have networked with a lot of great people and learned a lot from this work experience.
Pros
very dynamic environment
Cons
poor work life balance. 10 hour shifts, no overtime, work in inclement weather
An amazing place to work
Patient Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 6, 2018
I have been with Mount Sinai since 10/24/16. i have learned so many positions within the company. I have never worked for a company who really cares about the well fare of there employees.
Pros
Flexible and professional
Cons
Only Paid Time off. No vacation or sick days besides that
Mt Sinai
Night Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 5, 2018
Mount Sinai is where I began my career in Respiratory Therapy. It was amidsize community hospital which offered all aspects of adult and pediatric care. It was here where I first obtained my management experience.
A very friendly and professional place to work and seek medical attention
Registered Nurse PACU (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 3, 2018
I've worked in this facility for most of my nursing career. I have worked in other facilities in the past , both full-time and as agency nurse but this facility has always been close to my heart. We are like a family and a typical day at work can get very taxing yet fulfilling mostly because of the people i work with. The team-work in my unit is so amazing so much so that in my opinion we can tackle even the hardest case there is. This facility is used to be called St. Luke's Hospital now Mount Sinai-St. Luke's. The new management brought new ideas,new goals, innovations and improved work environment. Like any other hospitals, we have issues with staffing but i do feel this hospital is way,way better place to work given the current health care climate.
Pros
Very friendly atmosphere, skillfull staff and modern facilities
Cons
stiff and sometimes inconsiderate leaders
It is a great company to work for.
FPA Administrator/ Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 31, 2018
I love that they gave me the opportunity to be part of their team. The job title that I have now it’s okay. I wish I would had landed a better position with direct patient contact instead of being behind the phone. However, I am very grateful for the opportunities that the company has to offer.
it was a good experence to work thier good people and good vibs
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 30, 2018
I love working at mount Sinai because it was something I love to do and love talking and helping people it showed me a lot the most difficult time I had was when it was with employee wasn't doing his or her job and I had to correct it the most time I had a good time at mount Sinai is when I got to gave the patients their food I got to talk to some of them.
Very fast pace
Administrative Secretary II - WTCMH Progam (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 29, 2018
Working in the department of Mental Health for the WTC Program you learn a lot about what the patient experienced during 9/11 and the emotional affects.
furnished upon request
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 29, 2018
Love my job, team player, fast paste environment, high volume of work, always busy, everyone gets along, meet and greet International foreigners, always in great spirit
A very busy hospital
Employee (Former Employee) –  Main CampusAugust 27, 2018
It is a great place to work as long as you take initiative. Management can be a bit annoying and definitely will do too much. If you want to work here, I suggest you are good at working at a quick pace and will not mind the workload since there will be a lot. The best way to avoid management from bothering you is to simply do your job and avoid socializing. At the end of the day, we are here to work, not to make friends.
Pros
Its a hospital job with a lot of positions that are Union.
Cons
Bad management can ruin a good employee
Great benefits- so, so for Social Workers
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 23, 2018
High turnover for inpatient SW. Excellent benefits and paid time off. Difficult to move to other areas from SW if you want to make a change- hate to leave but need a change.
Benefits
Cons
Mobility
Very busy unit
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 23, 2018
Patients did not value their care all the time, however it was a great place to start a nursing career and learn from, especially with all diagnoses..
great
Material Management (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLAugust 22, 2018
i use to enjoy myself at work i loved my hours they was flexible. i had to leave because they changed my work hours. the manager was great everything else was great.
Day at work
Patient Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 21, 2018
quick-paced at work
what i learned about work is about computers
the management was good
the workplace was good
the hardest part of the job was collecting the equipment
the enjoyable part of the job was delivering equipment to patients
Pros
Teamwork, Management
Cons
Lack of equipment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mount Sinai Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

52out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Mount Sinai Health System.

Powered by Comparably