Mount Sinai Medical Center Employee Reviews

Fun
Clinical Oncology Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 19, 2019
Employees who work more than 20 hours a week can select from a variety of health insurance plans, several of which require no employee contributions. Coverage for employees and their families begins on the first day of employment. Employees also receive dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits, and are eligible for health benefits after retirement.

The Teachers’ Retirement System of the City of New York (TRS)(Open external link) provides New York City public school teachers with retirement, disability and death benefit services, while other DOE employees receive similar benefits through the Board of Education Retirement System (BERS)(Open external link) or the New York City Employees’ Retirement System (NYCERS).(Open external link) Members of TRS and BERS may also participate in Tax-Deferred Annuity programs, which allow members to defer taxes on their contributions and any investment earnings from those contributions until they withdraw the money as income.

DOE employees are eligible for many additional benefits, including commuter benefits, a college savings program, and employee discounts on everything from technology and media to travel and education. In addition, scholarships, financial incentives, and other special programs are available for many employees
Workplace of Collaborative Effort
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 18, 2019
Mount Sinai is a workplace that has a collaborative effort. I usually prioritize what needs to be done so my work day varies. Mondays, I start with payroll. I manage 7 administrative assistants, so I check in with them each morning to get an idea of their priorities for the day. I've learned so much from management in terms of leadership development, payroll, labor relations as well as other things. The workplace culture is great, very diverse and constantly growing. The hardest part of the job is adapting to new systems that come out, so it takes some time to grasp as we use several different systems. The most enjoyable part of the job is my colleagues, and the cohesiveness of everyone working together. Team work makes the dream work.
Pros
Events, job discounts
Cons
awesome emloyess, low level stress working environment
DENIAL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLMarch 15, 2019
management has your well being not only job related but overall wellness. Low level stress working conditions, made for coming to work on a daily basis effortless.
Pros
great co workers, and management
Cons
PTO had to be accured along with hoildays lumped into one
Gi Station.
RN Specialty II GI Station (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 12, 2019
This is a good place to work with good management. Nurses work mostly 8 hour shifts but there are some 10 and a few 12 hour shifts available. They have been very fair to me. I would recommend this hospital.
Typical day as an Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 11, 2019
Heavy calendar management and problem solving. I learned to have a listening ear and to be patient. Management can have high expectations and meeting them can at times be challenging.
My most favorite part of the job would be patient interaction and problem solving.
Pros
Learning environment
Cons
Slow growth
Nice place to work.
Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 28, 2019
I last worked here in 1997. At that time I really enjoyed working there. It was fastpaced but a fun place to work. At that time it was like working in a friendly family environment. Unfortunately, I cannot give any current information.
Pros
Union job
First NP position
NP (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 28, 2019
Worked daily with multidisciplinary team on the liver transplant team
Clients were end stage liver failure awaiting transplant
Worked extremely long hours, on call almost every other night
Enjoyed colleagues & patient/family relationships
Pros
Developed long relationships with patients
Cons
Overworked
One of the ways I was inspired into medicine.
Serv Rep,/ Aide//Surgicare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTFebruary 26, 2019
I became a volunteer when I wanted to know what one was and I found myself being a volunteer for a small hospital in the area. There I toiled for weeks doing what I loved for the momnent.Then, I decided to take cources towards being what I was at the hospital;so, I began a CNA course and passed. then went on to something else and made Registered RMA. today!
Pros
Best place to make up your mind about what you want to do with yourself
Cons
Not enough work.
Excellent Place to work
Education Specialist (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYFebruary 26, 2019
After over 30 years for this institution I could not recommend a better place for employment. Very team oriented approach to healthcare. Management is supportive of staff.The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the technological advancements but a great majority of my live long friends still work or have retired from this institution
Pros
Collaborative work atmosphere
Cons
Must pay for parking
Its ok
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 22, 2019
The interview was quick.
I know what my job expectations are, I perform them. One issue is that I don't really see there being any potential for growth within the department.
The hospital is always remodeling.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYFebruary 18, 2019
Need to make room for employees to get promoted within. Management need to care about employees and need to reward them for their hard work. More pay.
Pros
Based upon the hospital name its GREAT
Cons
Low pay for the amount of work expcected
great place to work
Endoscopy Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 11, 2019
This is a great place to work only
issue is benefits. The place is a great working environment. Friendly staff and the management can do a better job of improving.
Ok placce to work
Manager Business Office (Former Employee) –  Miamii BeachFebruary 2, 2019
Great CFO and CEO, good benefits, PCP Services free to employees, Very busy and a lot of work, It's not the worse place I have worked. Good location from Dade but not from Broward.
Pros
CEO and CFO
Cons
Growth potential
Work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 29, 2019
Over all mount Sinai is a big company to work for therefore there is a lot of growing apportunities . With lots of knowledgeable people willing to help
nice place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 27, 2019
They hire new grads and offer opportunities to grow. Great work environment except for one terrible ICU's manager. This lady is crazy and makes everyone's life miserable.
Pros
Great traininig
Cons
poor management
Past Employeer
Coordinator/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 25, 2019
Over the years I saw Mount Sinai Culture changed. They do not support their employees, No motivation and support from management, HR and administer. Everyone is about self. No employee engagement activity..
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJanuary 20, 2019
great place to work. very diverse. the are flexible with your schedule. i learn alot from working here. it open the doors to better jobs down the road.
fastpaced high energy
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 16, 2019
I learned a great deal had the pleasure of working with amazing people as well as our patients. Got to build strong bonds with co-workers as well as patients
Pros
free lunches
Cons
too far from home
Financial Applications Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 16, 2019
I enjoyed my time at this facility. Management was caring and willing to work with the staff members. Was able to obtain training classes whenever needed.
Productive and Challenging
Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 15, 2019
As an ICU nurse I am presented with cases that keep you constantly busy and challenge my nursing skills and judgement everyday, and that is how I have evolved in this career.