Mount Sinai Medical Center Employee Reviews

Very productive and it fun to work threre
Patient Care Technician / Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 10, 2018
Mount Sinai Medical Center is a cheating hospital it give anyone the opportunity to build your skill. Great environment to work. It made me more confident then before.
Pros
To encourage their employees they have free lunch.
Cons
Some time it could be busy, but it's fine
A day at the hospital
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLOctober 9, 2018
Mt morning stated out seen all my friends from yesterday. I learned how too listen to other people problems . The management was ok it could have been better when there was problem you had to fight alone the customer is all ways right no matter what. The work place was diversity which is a great thing. the hardest part of the job was losing my Job that was not my fault. The most enjoyable we were helping people get well.
Pros
lunch with friends pay check bi-weekly
Cons
health care
Productive workplace
Quality Assurance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 3, 2018
Each department has their fair share of work, especially since all of the merges. There is plenty of opportunity to advance if you move to different departments rather than wait for a promotion. Overall, Mt. Sinai is a good place to work, you will definitely learn a lot- but you have to know the right people for advancement.
Pros
Tuition Reimbursement
I DO NOT care for this company at all.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 2, 2018
Could be better overall, that staff/management is horrible.
They dont know how to manage, to much favortism.
You guys need to seek better management teams.
Management is Fair.
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 27, 2018
As a part of my day/night shift as soon as I walk out of report, there were times I immediately got confronted with an admissission and didn’t get a chance to assess my assigned patients until I assessed my admission. I felt that there wasn’t good teamwork which is important on the type of floor I worked on. I learned much with additional skills ie learned about wound care and dealing with pulmonary/ ventilator pts. Management sometimes didn’t care about the staff. They had a tendency to be rigid and had difficulty bending to some staff needs. All they thought about was numbers of patients and not acuity. The floor was made all Telemetry and more and more patients were admitted every night I worked. Some charge nurses didn’t work with staff to help; they had less patients so they were expected to help when they need help but didn’t. I enjoyed coming to work to be with coworkers that will work with me when short handed. Our CNA(or most of them) were not TEAMPLAYERS! It was difficult to delegate tasks to them because they chose to work with only certain RN’s.
Pros
Great benefits, 12 hr shifts
Cons
Poor teamwork, unable to take lunches because of being short handed in staff
Good for experience but for short term period
Clinical Coordinator, LPN (Current Employee) –  Sunny Isles Beach, FLSeptember 26, 2018
Poor management that doesn't correct problems when they are brought up. Instead, they make excuses. The pay isn't the greatest either for working extended hours and Saturdays. No overtime allowed.
Fast paced environment.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 24, 2018
The location of the main hospital, situated between a prominent area and underserved population will allow any job seeker a myriad of clients to work with.
We were Family
Division Secretary (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 24, 2018
I worked a 42-Bed unit which was very, very face-paced and usually overwhelming day. We had a very supported staff, the Nurses, Supervisors would assist. This position taught me patience, We were one Big Family at Mt. Sinai, we were there for each other in times of trouble. The hardest part of the job is when the Medical Center closed. It divided the Family.
Pros
We were A Family
Cons
The closing
Stressful, poor pay
Patient Access (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLSeptember 24, 2018
After working for many years the pay was horrible, hard time to request a paid time off, the work place was stressful due to understaff and management never cared to listen to concerns, overall working with the staff was great but communication between management and employee IS HORRIBLE!
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Great place to work team work is a plus!
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 24, 2018
I love working for this company , I’ve learned so much since I started working, it’s just a little difficult to get to work and back home, I would find it easier to get to work from a location closer to home but I would highly recommend mount Sinai hospital as an employer
It was fun place to work
Patient Account Representative - Business Office (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 19, 2018
It was very stressful because even to get coffee it was a mission to go to someone else desk was already trouble almost could not socialized with your -co-workers it was like being in prison
a great place to work.
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 14, 2018
the hardest part of the job was not being able to help the family find their family memeber .the work place is make you feel like everybody are family .
No comments at this time.
Government Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 12, 2018
The working environment stable and Management great and employee cordial.

Over all ok place to work for a stable and long term job environment.

A long distance ride to work since its in Miami Beach for those 'who don't live close by, its over 1 hour drive.
Mount Sinai Experience
Patient Accounts Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mount Sinai, NYSeptember 4, 2018
I learned a lot working with all the payers including the governmental payers. Working with Management and staff and the provider relations team. I gained lots of experience at Mount Sinai.
Pros
Paid Summer inters
Cons
not enough vacation time
Mount Sinai
Wont Say (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLAugust 30, 2018
Mount Sinai is based on a beautiful Campus.
Most staff and managers are quite helpful and courteous.
The CEO is not an ethical person.
He has ruined many careers with his choices.
He places untrained unqualified persons in positions to ensure loyalty.
Pros
Beautiful Campus great staff
Cons
No chance for advancement based on qualifications
Very good work environment
AccuStaff Temp. Service (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 29, 2018
Working environment was fast paced with varied duties and considered of office and outside duties. The staff was hard-working but satisfied. The management was fair and accepting of new ideas for accomplishing assigned tasks and was always willing to listen.
Pros
Grear working environment
Cons
Working hours offered were not enough
Review of Mount Sinai
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 29, 2018
A great place to begin working in a hospital setting. Learned about patient flow and patient care. Management is pretty good, they allow you to work on your own.
Fun and educational
Phlebotomist /Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 23, 2018
I receive the patient status and patient priority from the beginning of the shfit, and I strategized what to do apply to the patient with the help of nurses.
Pros
Good break time
great work environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLAugust 14, 2018
ive been working there for 6 years and counting. there is a great work environment . you control your work/life balance. as long as youre doing a job well done, you should have no issues.
Typical Hospital Work Environment
MEDICAL ASSISTANT II (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2018
I loved my job at Mount Sinai, however, management needs to be trained on how to better manage employees. Shortage of staff at times imposed a huge burden on individuals. Poor compensation for high stressed work environment.
Pros
Helping and caring for patients.
Cons
Low compensation