Mount Sinai Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Typical Hospital Work Environment
MEDICAL ASSISTANT II (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2018
I loved my job at Mount Sinai, however, management needs to be trained on how to better manage employees. Shortage of staff at times imposed a huge burden on individuals. Poor compensation for high stressed work environment.
Pros
Helping and caring for patients.
Cons
Low compensation
Great institution
Billing Coordinator/ Payment Posting (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 8, 2018
This is a grest institution to work for. I was Hired through the Winston Agency for 1 month. Mount Sinai extended the assignment and it is still ongoing. The work pace is a little fast at times - esp toward month's end. I love it here. they are very professiona. Firm but nice. Various cultures. Everyone gets along. I wil work here permanently in a jiffy if they were to make my assignment permanent.
Great teaching hospital.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 30, 2018
Great place to work. Majority of the people you come across were helpful and easy going. Everyone is usually in it for the better cause. They helped me obtain my security license and gave me proper training in alot of fields.
Pros
peers, learning, advancement
Cons
n/a
Patient Care Technician / Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJuly 27, 2018
Always busy and I love that. The staff is super nice and everyone works as a team. If you wanted to learn something new there was always someone willing to teach you.
Mount Sinai is ok to work
Charge RN (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJuly 24, 2018
This place is is an overall nice place to work. I worked as a patient care facilitator (registered nurse). The pay was decent for south florida. I would work there again.
productive
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 24, 2018
a typical day is busy and full, if your supervisor does not like you he will push you under the train. Management for the most part is good,
there is one thing you have to be accountable, the best part is seeing the clients get what they want. work culture is very good.
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
breaks good
nice place to work
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 20, 2018
busy days
learn new things everyday
management is decent
different people you work with
working short trying to make it all work
the people and coworkers
Pros
discounts
Cons
short lunch breaks
Mount Sinai
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 19, 2018
Mount Sinai is a great hospital for patients and doctors. The employees behind the scenes are rarely considered, the employees are worked out without appreciation and management only cares for the job getting done.
workplace culture
Administrative Assistant II - Primary care (Former Employee) –  NYC, NYJuly 12, 2018
Depending on which department you work for. Overall the departments are very professional and courteous. My experience has been positive and teamwork has been positive
under values employees
Clinical Laboratory Coordinator III (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 11, 2018
Difficult work environment. Poor salary and benefits. Few options for advancement. Little support of education.
Poorly managed, profit driven institution.
Pros
close to home
Cons
salary, benefits, work environment
Productive, patient focus.
Register nurse on telemetry floor, floating team. (Current Employee) –  Miami, FL 33140July 8, 2018
Great place for begins as a nurse; provides good education, safety place for work, tutoring. I upgrade my registered nurse's license and they have very few opening positions to grow.
Pros
safety place to work
Cons
small oportutnities to grow inside the company.
A good place to utilize your empathy and brains.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2018
Academic medicine affords many opportunities to grow professionally. There is always more to learn and most is very interesting. Throughout the year free evening classes are offered that I found very helpful and enhanced my job skills.
Pros
Intellecually challenging.
Cons
Can be very stressful.
Great work experience to develop customer service skills
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 4, 2018
Team work, professionalism and patience is the most important part of the job. Employees that work as a team and stay focused on the job makes the work experience much more productive and comfortable.
Pros
The medical coverage
Cons
Short staff
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 30, 2018
good staff
great management
A lot of work for 1 person to handle
I learn to culture, and identify pathogens in the area of bacteriology, mycology and virology
challenging and productive
Radiology Secretary II (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 18, 2018
It is a busy and fast-paced environment. Must be able to multi-task. The Radiology department scheduling changes based on daily operations must be able to adapt and adjust to those changes at a moment notice.
Pros
Medical Beneftis
Cons
work hours is less than 40hrs per week
Location, Location, Location
Technical Service Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJune 13, 2018
This position was great in regards to work/life balance. The culture was very nurturing in helping their employees transition to the positions needed and networking. A typical day would involve signing in and making rounds around the medical center in resolving any issues with doctors and patients.
Pros
no day is the same
Cons
as a tech you see it all
good place to work
Billing & Collections Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJune 12, 2018
parking is the only issue overall a good company with growth, learned how to bill and collect and good customer service. a week vacation and after 3 years you get two weeks
Pros
wages
Cons
parking
Hard to advance
Dietary Cashier (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 5, 2018
When I first started here, I was very positive about moving up. Unforunately, the truth is that you have beg for advancement at another department. It seems they are more interested in hiring from outside than from within and the process really shouldn't be so hard. I just wish there was more encouragement to advance.
Pros
Free lunches, benefits and salary
Cons
Hard to advance, no overtime, management needs work
eveeryiMt. Sinai was great. I worked in Home Health Care as a receptionist with lots or responsibilities .
Physician Office Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 26, 2018
Answered phones on switch board in. timely manner. Responsible for opening and distributing all mail. Opportunities were shared openly by management.
Pros
Bebefuts were great.
Cons
Only two weeks and some holidays Sometimes it was mandatory to work either Saturday or Sunday.
Good experiance
VIP Chef (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLMay 21, 2018
My typical day start from planning different menus depending of the patient diet,also the number of portions.Taking inventory of all food,beverage and condiments. Kitchen staff usually begin to arrive a short while after the chef does. This is the time when work should commence on any dishes that take longer to cook or can be prepared ahead of time, such as soups or desserts. Because a I usually also the supervisor of all employees who work in the kitchen, also needs to make sure that every worker arrives on time. If is short on staff, I should immediately begin making arrangements for additional workers to fill in if possible. Everyone in the kitchen must be treated fairly–a’ employee handbook will likely state this in so many words. At the same time, every employee comes to work with a different set of baggage, challenges, interests and need. Food makes people happy, and good food makes people really happy! There aren’t many other jobs where you get to make people happy every day. It’s good to see your regular patient come in and say ‘Hi’ to you, knowing they’ve come because they are sick but also they trust in the food that you cook. Food helps people celebrate their birthdays, anniversaries and some people fall in love whilst sharing a plate of your carefully prepared food. A plate of food may be small, but it can play a huge part in people’s lives.