Mount Sinai Medical Center Employee Reviews

Not good working environment
Orthopedic Surgery Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 9, 2018
Some doctors are not very nice. Hospital listen more to its doctors than its mid levels, not a good working environment. Doctors are always right even if they are abusive or not
Typical Day
Patient Relations Consultant - Per Diem (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLMay 2, 2018
The day would entail us meeting and doing rounds from each patient. Afterwards we would discuss any issues that arose and who were the best parties to contact to solve each issue.
Pros
Great organization
Cons
Job availability
culture is punitive
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 27, 2018
the management is punitive and they will humiliate you in front of other people. good people have left because of the culture of finger pointing blame and shame. the salary is good, benefits good, pto good. coworkers are pitted one against the other. not friendly. its a culture based on fear.
Technical Director, Epic (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 27, 2018
Great place to work. A lot of very talented people. Short staffed for the amount of work that needs to be done. Very aggressive schedules and too many competing projects going on simultaneously competing for the same resources.
Pros
Excellent and talented peers
Cons
Work life balance.
Best company ever
Operating Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 26, 2018
Everything it’s great about mount Sinai , co workers are awesome management great , benefits awesome and atmosphere calm and organize. This is a great employer I quit cause I relocated to another state but hey , if you get a job offer from them take it .
Cons
Nurse:patient ratios not that great, Pay sub-standard
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 21, 2018
Other hospitals pay better. Managers set unrealistic goals. Managers pawn responsibilities off on nurses increasing workload. Ratios are not safe. Traffic into the hospital is atrocious.
Pros
location, people. hires new nurses
Cons
Pay, ratios
Exciting place with great people to work with
Clinical Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 21, 2018
My typical day at work begins with a three minute meditation, browse through emails and respond as necessary; Round on all my patients and my staff. Attend to unit emergencies when necessary; attend scheduled meetings; counsel, coach and assist staff with patient care when needed.
Mount Sinai was a great place to work
Clinical WOC Nurse Program Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 16, 2018
A typical workday involves a huddle with the staff first thing in the morning. The rest of the day may include meetings etc. I learned how to organize a team of nurses and design an effective program. Management can be a little cut-throat. The workplace culture is healthy. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the politics. The most enjoyable part is dealing with the friendly staff nurses.
Pros
Good enviroment for learning
Cons
Not enough mentoring from management
Awesome Work Life!
Administrative Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 6, 2018
There was no better time than this time in my entire work experience. Mount Sinai, my direct administrator, HR, payroll, and other departments had a great work spirit and high ethics. If I didn't have to relocate I would still be there today.
Pros
Everything!
Cons
May possibly get underpaid
Nurse Practitioner, Internal Medicine (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 5, 2018
Amazing retention rate! A collaborative and professional work setting where excellent patient care is a top priority. Management creates a culture where nurse are able to be autonomous and are respected by their colleagues and collaborators.
Pros
Respectful work culture
Teamwork yet Dysfuntional
ICU Heart Surgical Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLApril 4, 2018
I work with great co-workers. The management very understanding with personal issues. The food is average and worth the price. It is hard for advancement. People stay with Mount Sinai because it is comfortable.
A good place to work for
Patient Representative II (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLMarch 30, 2018
There is a lot of room for growth. They care about their employees by offering health benefits such as discounts on healthy food, gym memberships, and exercise classes. They also offer a smoking cessation class.
Fast pace working environment, very productive teaching hospital
Dentist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 28, 2018
Typical day would be 9-5; on average12-14 patients daily; most patients have complex medical conditions; each provider has own assistant, very collaborative; good health benefits
Collaborative workplace
Level II Fieldwork Intern (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 27, 2018
Mount Sinai provided me with the foundation necessary to be not only a collaborative team player, but a skilled therapist in the acute care inpatient rehabilitation setting.
Super genial en lo general
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLMarch 25, 2018
Para mi 100% aunque deben atender un poquito mejor a sus empleados mi evaluación siempre fue el máximo
Pros
Si
Cons
Si
Fun work place and collaborative
Recreational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLMarch 25, 2018
I love working at mount Sinai the employees are great with lots of knowledge in their designated field, cooperative and supportive staff. Staff has longevity in there position.
Cons
not room for growth, small raise
Market Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 21, 2018
Busy, lots of driving, very challenging. No micromanaging, able to do the job at my own pace. I find it very exciting to meet new people on a daily basis.
love my director and managers
Agent/Lead (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 13, 2018
We are about 25 agents and help eachother through every obstacle, our director takes care of us and is always on our side when there is a disagreement with the offices
Pros
friendly enviroment
Cons
good
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hialeah, FLMarch 7, 2018
nice patients , very understanding, good people to work with management understanding to staff needs. Its growing fast but inorder to move up in department it is very difficult and they rather hire outside people than from within
Decent place to work. Status quo job.
HVAC Digital Systems Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 5, 2018
working at MS hospital was interesting, I learned a lot about how hospitals work.
Management is very attentive to employees needs.
Good benefits package 401k etc.