Mount Sinai Medical Center Employee Reviews

The organization is stuck in a very old way of thinking
E-Builder Implementation and Solution Architect (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLDecember 10, 2018
Keep in mind that depending on your department, everything besides the benefits are different.

I work for a small department that is able to enhance the overall growth of the organization. so my experience is very different from all others. Our department helps and assist other departments to make sure that patient and employee satisfaction is met.
Pros
you will always have job security
Cons
if you do not work in medical field, percentage of salary increase is really low.
Good and not Good
Billing Office ?Admitting Office (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 5, 2018
The office in Manhattan is great. The hospital in Brooklyn is horrible. Everyone, except for a few employees. I would go back to any Mount Sinai EXCEPT the Brooklyn Moun tSinai. The 5 star rating was for the Manhattan Mount Sinai .
Pros
Nice atmosphere
Cons
No cond
Na
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 4, 2018
worked there a short period of time. Work environment is very different from NYU Orthopedic center. Work environment more laid back depending on dept.
JOb okay
Staff Nurse-Medical Intensive Care Unit (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 3, 2018
worked here over 20 years ago, so this reivew is not relevant and a waste of time, people okay work okay salary okay no issues, this is a very tedious process
Great learning environment
Cardiovascular/Surgical ICU RN (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLNovember 30, 2018
If you are single, there is an onsite housing area, which takes a load off of dealing with FL traffic going and to-and-fro to work. Unit director and mentors/fellow nurses, willing to work with you to gain knowledge and experience in a busy ICU area.
Administrative Assistant II
Hematology/Oncology-Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 29, 2018
On a typical day things are fine. scheduling meetings, following up with patients, scheduling appointments and handling my physicians calendar and Travel Requests, reimbursements. I like the diversity of the work place. I wont say that the job is cumbersome because it is not. the part i enjoy most is working independently.
Calm Settings
Credentials Coordinator/Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 21, 2018
I learned new duties and skills working in the medical staff as a coordinator, I would definietky love to work in the hospital setting again. Employees were friendly
Fast Paced
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 21, 2018
It is a very fast paced environment. Long Hours; The people working here are good and they do care about the patients. everyone needs to work with what they have.
Managements listens to its employees.
Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 21, 2018
Productive workplace. Managements listens to its employees. Employees have the ability to grow within the organization. Courses are routinely offered.
Pros
Good management
Strict workplace
Development Officer- Foundation (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 19, 2018
Not much freedom in the workplace nor does it create an environment that fosters creativity. It is usually managements way or the highway. It's nice that it is on the beach and the views are amazing but that is the plus.
drama and petty
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLNovember 13, 2018
poor management skills and favoritism also mean girl attitude. It wasn't a good atmosphere. The physicians think they're to good to at least say good morning or even a hello
Managment should try to look closely in supervisry of jenior employees.
Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLNovember 9, 2018
In as much as I love working at mount Sinai, they have a history of bringing in new management and lay off employees that has put in a lot of their hard work years for new hires and cheaper labor.
Safe and organize work place
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 9, 2018
Good environment, good communication, and relation with management, safe and patient center place. Mount Sinai had provided me with extra training and capacitate the staff with the knowledge necessary to better performed our task.
Supportive environment
Charge Nurse - Family Care Unit, Mother/Baby (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLNovember 3, 2018
It is a multicultural facility. That is the beauty of working at Mount Sinai, from the employees to the patients. There is opportunity for growth. The company is growing day by day.
Pros
co workers
Cons
parking is far
One of the lowest paying hospitals in NYC
OFFICE MANAGER/ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 29, 2018
Management could be better. This department is a revolving door. Many people use the opportunity to gain a little experience and leave. Management is not for their employees just themselves.
Cons
low paying
Work Experience
CYOTGENETICS LABORATORY SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 26, 2018
Always busy
communicating with doctors
Management style not so opened
Workplace culture semi friendly
Inadequate compensation
Group level friendly
best place to do volunteer work for credits for school
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLOctober 25, 2018
I helped he teachers with the kids getting their lunches, making sure they learn to wash there hands, teach them their colors and numbers and help play with them. typical day is to go in and help with breakfast than time to have them color or play with puzzles and building blocks. Then it should be time for a snack then ply a little bit more and then its lunch time shortly after its nap time. Then we go outside and play for about an hour and come back inside. Come back inside and play and by that time some of the kids are starting to go home. brings back memories because I went to the same child care myself as a child and also my mom worked there for almost 30 years. the most enjoyable time of the day is to have fun with the kids and their cuteness and being loveable and being such funny little kids. The workplace is friendly and fast paced but enjoyable.
Pros
good place for volunteer work.
Cons
No cons that I can think of
Productive and fun environment
Dietary Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 25, 2018
I learned more about myself and what I enjoy in doing throughout my 10 years. I'm still learning to grow and extend my search to excel my skills the hardest part of the job.
great place to wor for
AVP of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 25, 2018
very busy teaching institution striving to be at the top of every domain, and improve their patient clinical care and safety.
overall multi uit management, and budget balancing
Team work a must, and forces you to keep up with evidence based published guidelines
many meetings was overwhelming
productive environment, and very competitive leaders driving all indicators at the top rank
Pros
great salar
Productive and educational
Registered Nurse - Heme/Onc (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 25, 2018
Learned and enjoyed working here. Gained a lot of helpful knowledge that I will take and use. Great term work and coordination. Each day presented with new learning possibilities.
Pros
Great Co workers