Mount Vernon Nazarene University Employee Reviews

Great academy education
Temporary Spanish Teacher Taught Spanish (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHMay 7, 2018
Helping students to learn a new language, people cultures, and their life styles by using power point, group works, book lessons, videos and music. Great experience!
Relaxed and highly community driven atmosphere
College Credit Plus Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHFebruary 17, 2018
The atmosphere of MVNU jobs is highly person oriented. Everyone who works here is both hard working and extremely pleasant to work with. Depending on the job type, the atmosphere is often very casual and relaxed.
Wonderful work environment
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHFebruary 4, 2018
MVNU provides challenging work opportunities under a skilled management team. There is freedom to work at your own pace and use creativity to solve problems
fun, exciting, and welcoming place to work
Senior Tour Guide (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHDecember 9, 2017
Working at MVNU as a tour guide was a new experience every day and I loved it. This occupation improved my communication skills and helped me to grow as an individual
Pros
Fun, exciting, and unpredictable
Cons
minimum wage
Kind and Sympathetic Employer
Writing Tutor (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHApril 24, 2017
In the jobs I have held at Mount Vernon Nazarene University, I have learned that they have always been kind, consistent, honest, and professional on the job. They respect their employers, and are there to help you as you need help.
Resident Assistant at Mount Vernon Nazarene University (MVNU)
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHApril 15, 2017
-Absolutely love working at MVNU
-Worked with freshman girls and it was always an adventure, it was never boring
-Planned floor and dorm events for the girls: spa nights, movie nights, murder mystery game nights, etc.
-Helped me with time management skills.
Pros
My room was paid for
Cons
I did not get a paycheck
Compassionate and fun place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHMarch 15, 2017
I worked for nine professors, and most had PHD's, and never felt intimidated by anyone even though I only had a high school education.
I enjoyed working with the student body as well.

I only ended due to retirement, which did not turn out as planned.

I would very much like to have another position at the university.
Pros
Socialization
Cons
Very detailed work.
Freshman Class Project
STORM WATER MANAGEMENT PROJECT (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHFebruary 3, 2017
Freshman engineering project, worked with real engineers to solve real world problems in the city of Mount Vernon. End of project included a presentation of our data to not only city engineers but was open to members of the public as well
Pros
Great Experience
College Job
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHDecember 12, 2016
This was a job I had while going to school full time. I worked on campus as a dishwasher, food service worker, and a house keeper. My favorite job was the House keeping job. I loved my boss she was so understanding and great. She was also very flexible with my school schedule.
Very Easy and Relaxed
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHApril 20, 2016
The work was very easy and the environment was very relaxed. My coworkers were very friendly and easy to work with. My management was flexible with scheduling and did not put pressure or strict limitations in the work area.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Part time, no benefits
Family-like atmosphere
Sports Editor (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHFebruary 4, 2016
In news, everything is dynamic. A typical work day might include interviewing for stories, designing layout, discussing which stories will be included in print as opposed to just the website. It is a fun and fast-paced environment.
Short but sweet.
Head of all technologies (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHNovember 17, 2015
I only worked here for a a couple months. I ended up having to move, but I thoroughly enjoyed the time I spent with the staff at Mount Vernon Nazarene University.
Good enviorment
Campus Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHJuly 8, 2015
locking and unlocking doors'
giving out tickets
transporting students
patrolling school
answering phone
Making student ID's and parking permits
search dorms/apartments
make students follow rules and regulations
Pros
good people
Cons
low pay, no real advancement
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon Nazarene UniversityJanuary 30, 2015
Great Christian culture with many supportive and loving individuals.
Good management, supportive co-workers.
Most enjoyable part of job is the ability to share your faith.
mount vernon nazarene university
mail carrier (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHJanuary 18, 2015
I would wake up pickup material to be taken to each of the campus offices and pick up things that need to be printed for the class the next day. I had to organize mail to be sent out in order and facing the same direction. I learned how to be organized and to double check on stuff that needs to go out in the mail.
Great organization
Counselor Trainee (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHSeptember 7, 2014
I enjoyed working in an atmosphere dedicated to the well-being of students.
Art Student Opportunity at MVNU
Drawing I Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHJuly 18, 2014
If you're looking for a little extra pocket money, then trying out the modeling gig here is an excellent idea. You don't even have to necessarily be an art student - just be comfortable being surrounded by us while we draw you for about 2-3 hours. Very easy job, but it is minimum wage and only in 2-3 hour intervals every couple days. It's a great experience and you can learn a lot from everyone if you've never been interested in art.
Great atmosphere with great people!
Softball Player (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHApril 2, 2014
I have learned not only about softball by playing softball here at Mount Vernon Nazarene University but also about life.
A typical day is we lift or condition in morning then continue the day with class and practice in evening or game. After the practice/games is when I usually study or on bus rides.
The team I play with are the most amazing young ladies. I am very thankful to have them not just team mates but has family. It the most awesome feeling to be part of a team that is family oriented to each other and are willing to help each other out in any way. We go to battle together and no matter what we are together until the end.
The hardest part of my job on the team is to make sure I am keeping everyone motivated and everyone focused. Being a senior it is my responsibilities to lead by voice and action and to make sure everyone stays calm when a mistake occurs or when even in tough situations.
The most enjoyable part is making the relationships with team mates for a lifetime and of course to win!
Organized and speedy turn around
Chemistry/Astronomy Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHJanuary 31, 2014
As a lab assistant at Mount Vernon Nazarene University it was important to stay organized and on top of the grading. The general clean up and preparation for labs was easy and did not take much time, but the grading of 25-30 student written reports took large chunks of time.
just great
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHApril 18, 2013
the only negative is the low salary but the people and work life is great.