Mount Wachusett Community College

Mount Wachusett Community College Employee Reviews

United States33 reviews
A school with great automotive courses
I really enjoy going to school here, because I am learning a lot about automotive technology. I am learning a lot through hands on experience, as well as class time.
Great for PT Work Study Students
I worked for the Media Department and basically got to choose when I worked. I made a little over minimum at the time, got to do what I love, and had an amazing time. It was one of my favorite jobs.
Pros
Overall great
Cons
Probably not great if you need full time
I enjoyed working at MWCC
It was a great place to work. The faculty really seemed to care about the students.

However, was very disappointed after being an adjunct faculty member for 8 years that when a full time position became available for which I was highly qualified, they hired someone outside of the college.
Pros
I had my summers off.
Cons
Adjuncts need to be considered more highly when full time positions need to be filled.
Loved working with the students!
Loved working for the Mount! But, it was only PT, which I was told it would go FT. Anytime a FT position opened, the PT employees applied for it, new people were always hired. That was my only gripe...
Best part time job
Unbelievable support from supervisors. Professional and caring supervisor. Materials are supplied. People seem to like each other. Serious about the work we do.
Pros
Pay and schedule
Cons
Not enough hours
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Everyone works as a team!
It was a great working environment where we all worked as a team. We had our special talents that made our jobs our own, but we could all do the same basic things even the boss.
I loved working with the staff
This was a great work study job, it helped me go to school full time and work in between classes. This helped subsides my transportation and food money.
Loved Working at MWCC
I loved working for MWCC. It was a stimulating and encouraging environment. I would have loved to have moved to a full-time position with benefits eventually, but my timing was off. Will keep my eyes open for future opportunities!
Pros
Stimulating environment, friendly people, encouraged to stretch and grow your skills
N/a
I thoroughly enjoyed teaching at this school. Even though it was my first teaching experience it was a pleasant one and would teach there again given the opportunity
Limited opportunity for job advancement
Organizational structure is top heavy and changes within the organization are done in a "cloak and dagger" manner without professional communication. Staff work in silos.
Exciting and rewarding
I love working with students at MWCC. Many are non-traditional learners, have jobs, family, and so on...they are challenging themselves with college-level experiences, often for the first time, and I am proud to be part of their personal journey.
Pros
Very supportive manager and instructors, college is also very accepting of cultural/age/gender/etc. varieties of expression
Fun workplace with great people
During my time working there I was provided with multiple courses on how to be professional and stand out from other possible candidates during job interviews and the workplace.
Pros
Time for extracurricular activities on some occasions
Cons
Usually physically demanding
I enjoyed the challenges of working under a Grant and all that I accomplished.
Workplace culture unfortunately, at the time I worked there, was very cutthroat and competitive. It was sad that colleagues didn't support each other through teachable moments (not a blatant statement there were some really helpful and professional people). Coaching and mentoring was lacking. Management seemed to not get along with each other. Thus, this was the hardest part of the job -- navigating the difficult waters. I was fortunate enough to have had a great supervisor at one time but my last supervisor lacked insight. I never regretted moving on and was grateful for the connections I made in the community.
Pros
Working with Veterans and the community.
Cons
Culturally challenged.
Manageable Hours
It was an ok job but mainly just a normal cafeteria cashier job with a few extra thing involved rather than just handling cash. I would like it if the days per week was more than just the weekend because the eight hour day.
Pros
break time food discounts
Cons
not enough days per week
Great Place To Do Some Good
If your looking for something to fill time and do some good this is the place for you! I highly suggest volunteering time for this group and can't speak highly enough of them.
Great, small staff
As a satellite campus, we are supportive of one another. Most of us do not interact with the other campuses much at all. Great place to work, but there has been a bare minimum professional development offered.
Pros
Great programming, great staff, phenomenal benefits
Cons
Lack of connection between campuses, continued fear of satellites closing
Long term president has retired
Organization under new leadership. Only three presidents since 1963. Programs well known. College has been affected by college budget cuts and lay offs.
Should Be a great place to work
I loved working with everyone there. but the way some of us get treated or got treated was nasty by directors, CIO's and AVP.s. but there's no law against being rude and disrespectful to the people that work for you and making someone so unhappy that you have no choice but want to leave.
Administrative Duties
Typical day of Administrative duties, supporting the VP of Marketing and Staff, provided day to day support in the operations of the department
Americorps member
The focus is being actively involved in your community and seeing what you can do for it. This is a one year basis and the benefit of this is servicing your community.
It's who you know not what you know
Not a place that likes to promote the well deserved. The unfortunate reality is the Higher Up don’t care about their staff and only care about talking behind each others back. Don’t bet on getting employment here if you aren’t related to anyone. The only positive aspect of the job is working with students.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Supervisors