Mount Wachusett Community College Employee Reviews

Loved Working at MWCC
CONTRACT GRAPHIC DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Gardner, MANovember 1, 2018
I loved working for MWCC. It was a stimulating and encouraging environment. I would have loved to have moved to a full-time position with benefits eventually, but my timing was off. Will keep my eyes open for future opportunities!
Pros
Stimulating environment, friendly people, encouraged to stretch and grow your skills
Exciting and rewarding
PROFESSIONAL TUTOR (Current Employee) –  Gardner, MAAugust 28, 2018
I love working with students at MWCC. Many are non-traditional learners, have jobs, family, and so on...they are challenging themselves with college-level experiences, often for the first time, and I am proud to be part of their personal journey.
Pros
Very supportive manager and instructors, college is also very accepting of cultural/age/gender/etc. varieties of expression
Fun workplace with great people
Camp Counselor (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Leominster, MAAugust 14, 2018
During my time working there I was provided with multiple courses on how to be professional and stand out from other possible candidates during job interviews and the workplace.
Pros
Time for extracurricular activities on some occasions
Cons
Usually physically demanding
Limited opportunity for job advancement
Asst. Director of Articulation & Curriculum (Current Employee) –  Gardner, MASeptember 13, 2018
Organizational structure is top heavy and changes within the organization are done in a "cloak and dagger" manner without professional communication. Staff work in silos.
N/a
Instructor of Criminal Justice (Former Employee) –  Gardner, MASeptember 26, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed teaching at this school. Even though it was my first teaching experience it was a pleasant one and would teach there again given the opportunity
I enjoyed the challenges of working under a Grant and all that I accomplished.
Director of Veteran Services - FIPSE Grant (Former Employee) –  Gardner, MAApril 18, 2018
Workplace culture unfortunately, at the time I worked there, was very cutthroat and competitive. It was sad that colleagues didn't support each other through teachable moments (not a blatant statement there were some really helpful and professional people). Coaching and mentoring was lacking. Management seemed to not get along with each other. Thus, this was the hardest part of the job -- navigating the difficult waters. I was fortunate enough to have had a great supervisor at one time but my last supervisor lacked insight. I never regretted moving on and was grateful for the connections I made in the community.
Pros
Working with Veterans and the community.
Cons
Culturally challenged.
Manageable Hours
Green Street Cafe Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gardner, MAMarch 13, 2018
It was an ok job but mainly just a normal cafeteria cashier job with a few extra thing involved rather than just handling cash. I would like it if the days per week was more than just the weekend because the eight hour day.
Pros
break time food discounts
Cons
not enough days per week
Great Place To Do Some Good
SOS Volunteer Student Mentor (Former Employee) –  Gardner, MADecember 27, 2017
If your looking for something to fill time and do some good this is the place for you! I highly suggest volunteering time for this group and can't speak highly enough of them.
Great, small staff
Career Development Coach (Current Employee) –  Devens, MAJuly 14, 2017
As a satellite campus, we are supportive of one another. Most of us do not interact with the other campuses much at all. Great place to work, but there has been a bare minimum professional development offered.
Pros
Great programming, great staff, phenomenal benefits
Cons
Lack of connection between campuses, continued fear of satellites closing
Great job for a student
Lifeguard, Water Safety Instructor (Current Employee) –  Gardner, MAFebruary 15, 2015
This pool is a great place for students (high school and college) to work.

The hours are flexible and the staff are all willing to help out with covering shifts when it is needed.

A typical shift consists of patron surveillance and setting the pool up for various classes and/or events.

I have learned how to be a responsible employee and customer service skills.
Pros
short shifts, friendly patrons
Cons
no benefits, limited hours, no room for advancement
Professional growth influenced.
AmeriCorps Job Ready (Former Employee) –  Gardner, MAFebruary 12, 2015
Perform 1,700 hours of national service with the AmeriCorps program, a domesticated version of the Peace Corps
Develop and coordinate an individual service projects related to job preparedness and career exploration that engages children at the Boys and Girls Club
Develop, implement, and conduct training's on careers and their educational requirements to prepare the youth for success to achieve the Youth Development Outcomes
Facilitate and evaluate programs, services and activities to ensure safety of members, quality in programs, and neat appearance of Club at all times
Prepare periodic activity reports
Ensure a productive work environment by active participation in weekly Club staff meetings
Great staff and Management but no Advancement
Adaptive Lab Aid (Current Employee) –  Gardner, MAJuly 16, 2015
It is not a bad place to work par-time. The management, staff, and students are very pleasant most of the time. It helps with customer relation, communication and basic computer skills. There is a very limited amount of hours available. It is enjoyable being able to help students so they have a little less to worry about.
Pros
Great Management and Co-Workers
Cons
No Advancement
Easy-going and educational experience for all involved.
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Gardner, MAJune 6, 2013
Choose your own schedule and subjects as well as locations you wish to tutor at. Program was very well ran and very easy to become a part of. The best part of the job was learning from the students I was tutoring while helping them out with their academic difficulties.
Pros
Set your own hourly schedule
Cons
Hours based on need from students
Should Be a great place to work
Senior Help Desk Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Gardner, MAJanuary 18, 2017
I loved working with everyone there. but the way some of us get treated or got treated was nasty by directors, CIO's and AVP.s. but there's no law against being rude and disrespectful to the people that work for you and making someone so unhappy that you have no choice but want to leave.
It's who you know not what you know
NA (Former Employee) –  Leominster, MAApril 19, 2016
Not a place that likes to promote the well deserved. The unfortunate reality is the Higher Up don’t care about their staff and only care about talking behind each others back. Don’t bet on getting employment here if you aren’t related to anyone. The only positive aspect of the job is working with students.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Supervisors
Excellent employment.
Director- Ms. Dale Sanborn (Current Employee) –  Fitchburg, MAMay 21, 2014
I greatly enjoy working at MWCC. It is very rewarding to work with ELL adullts who are eager to learn a second language.My co-workers are very professional sharing people. We collaborate in lessons and share materials. I enjoy seeing my students succeed in their endevor.
Mediocre
Marketing (Former Employee) –  GardnerSeptember 16, 2015
Currently dealing with morale issues, layoffs and budgetary woes. Maybe this will improve. Would be cautious about applying. Ask others who've worked there or employees who still work there before applying.
Pros
Some flexibility depending on management
Cons
Depressed environment to work in
Great place to work!
Adjunct Clinical Nursing Instructor (Current Employee) –  Gardner, MAMay 28, 2015
This is a college that truly cares about their employees and the students. Great pay and great working environment. My colleagues are wonderful and make working here even more enjoyable.
Pros
Good pay, opportunities for advancing career
Long term president has retired
Workforce Development Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gardner, MAJanuary 29, 2017
Organization under new leadership. Only three presidents since 1963. Programs well known. College has been affected by college budget cuts and lay offs.
Administrative Duties
Marketing Assistant (Temporary Assignment) (Former Employee) –  Gardner, MAJanuary 17, 2017
Typical day of Administrative duties, supporting the VP of Marketing and Staff, provided day to day support in the operations of the department