Mountain America Credit Union Employee Reviews

Mountain America is AWESOME
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 6, 2019
They do need to work more on work life balances for all employees but especially management. Listen to your managers versus just taking the work of employees. There is always two side to any story.
Drama
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  UtahJuly 23, 2019
They live bye a standard that they aren’t about the numbers but get after you for not meeting product goals. You open whatever the customer NEEDS and then product vomit them for the rest. Most do it for pay others do it so they don’t get in trouble. Nobody solves problems with each other, they just run right to the manager. Felt like Junior High drama. Also..when you can sit down with a coworker and make a listof all the favorites in the branch...there’s a problem.
Pros
Good pay, great training and trainers, in house decisioning
Cons
Environment, Drama, Favoritism, Mvr
Great Career
MSR II (Former Employee) –  Moab, UTJuly 19, 2019
It is a good place to work, the company really helps you find what you're good at and helps you with personal career goals. The small competitions keep you motivated and the different events help keep things feeling new.
Best workplace I have worked for yet!
Senior Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTJuly 15, 2019
great culture here at MACU!
best place I have worked at yet!
very good with flexible hours, and will work with your personal schedule.

loved the time off as well.
Pros
culture, flexible scheduel
Cons
little base pay increase on a yearly basis
I loved it!
MSR at the Jordan Landing (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTJuly 10, 2019
I really loved my time at MACU. I was a part-time teller working at a very busy branch. All of my coworkers were very nice and a lot of fun to work with. However, my last few months they focused (in my opinion) too much on meeting sales goals and not on the customer service or team building. But we’d also had a lot of whiplash with several management changes in a short period. But if you’re great at sales, you’ll love any branch position and make greatcommission
Msr
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Roosevelt, UTJuly 8, 2019
Small town vibe with a big company. No room for advancement. Management at the branch I was at was amazing.
The work - life balance is a complete joke though. If you work full time you'll work from 8:45 am to after 6 pm, sometimes close to 7 if they're are members staying late or if someone has trouble balancing.
Great company looking to be the best
Branch Sales and Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTMay 31, 2019
MACU is a wonderful company that takes pride and has value in it's employee development. Hard work is recognized and rewarded and they are always looking to promote those willing to put in the work.
Pros
Great Environment
Account Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTMay 30, 2019
I really enjoyed working at mountain america cu. It allowed me to grow over the years and learn a lot about the company. The culture for the most part was pretty great and everyone was very kind and hard working, the only thing I didn't like was the favoritism that came with managers. Some of the management could have been better in my opinion and they could have done a better job at selecting their managers OR ENCOURAGING THEM TO BE MORE ENCOURAGING OR SUPPORTIVE. OTHER THAN THAT THIS PLACE IS REALLY GREAT AND I WAS ABLE TO ACCOMPLISH A LOT IN A SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Management could be better
Love the company
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, NVMay 28, 2019
Changes in management often result in changes in policies as well. It has been hard to adjust from a previously amazing manager to someone with a completely different management style.
Pros
Literally everything
Cons
Direct Management
So far the best place I’ve ever worked.
Mamager (Former Employee) –  NevadaMay 13, 2019
So far the best place I’ve ever worked. My boss was incredible the opportunities were incredible. Mountain America really lets you care for people and change lives. They have an incredible sales practice called AAA where through asking the right questions and getting to know people they are able to help on a higher level than other institutions. I’ve never seen a company that makes a bigger difference in the day-to-day lives of its members or customers they’re not in America credit union and it’s making a difference has important to you and this is the place to be.
Pros
Work life balance, culture, stability, friends
Cons
When you have to leave!
Worst place I ever worked
FINANCIAL SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTApril 15, 2019
Poorly trained management. Racist upper management and vp’s that are suppose to set an example. Fire people all the time. Because they are racist and when u and others complain to hr, somehow u r the one that’s wrong. Work at golden west or security service credit union. This place is u realistic goals and fire people left and right. People don’t know when it’ll be their last day . They hire people all the time because they fire people all the time.
Pros
Cons
Healthcare sucks. Racist culture.
MACU working
Online Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Rexburg, IDApril 13, 2019
Great fast paced work environment helping people to better their lives financially. Good management helping us to improve and better our skills. Taking calls helping each one to the best of my ability to help resolve their problems with the Mountain America website and with any financial needs.
great work environment lots of room for promotion and recognition
Sr. Loan Officer (SR FSR) (Current Employee) –  Park City, UTApril 9, 2019
Working at Mountain America is great. Although the hours are long 830-630 you are allowed a break and a late in day where you don't have to get to work till 1. Being paid overtime is not an issue which does compensate for the long hours. There is plenty of room for advancement within the company and the work culture is fantastic.
Pros
fun work place
Good Short Term Job for Students
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTApril 9, 2019
This is a good short term job for students. It helped me get by when I was studying at the U of U. It is a fun work environment even though it can get a little stressful.
Follows Mission and Values
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Utah County, UTMarch 29, 2019
Great company to work for! They really do care about their employees. They are flexible and there is a good home/work life balance. The company also really cares for their Members and takes care of them.
Amazing Institution
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Utah Valley, UTMarch 27, 2019
Mountain America has an amazing culture. Training, coaching, decision-making, planning, and hiring, among many other concepts, are all Member focused. The company is full of fantastic people with the desire to change lives. The teams are empowered to help people, make judgement calls, and assist the members with most anything they need. The lending philosophy allows branch management to hear the story, weigh the risks, and offer approvals in-branch.

The Assistant Branch Manager position is highly rewarding emotionally, but is under compensated. You'll find daily opportunities to change people's lives. Interacting with members, hearing their story, discovering their needs, fixing their problems, and safeguarding them for the future; all aspects of the 'Every Member, Every Time' concept.
Great
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTMarch 15, 2019
It's a good place to work with great people. There are many opportunities to learn and grow. Health benefits a great too. The culture is collaborative and proactive.
If you leave and come back you will make more
Credit Union Manager (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UTMarch 12, 2019
Overall a great company to work for as long as you are in the right department. The bigger the company gets the more competitive the culture is getting.
I did not enjoy the pressure to sell, sell, sell.
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 6, 2019
As far as a job goes, it was a job. Nothing special, I didn’t feel special, i just came to work, did my hours, and went home. Wasn’t especially fulfilling.
Great Products and Services
Outbound Consumer Loan Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 11, 2019
I am not interested in leaving any type of feedback about my experience at MACU. The job is outlined well and you should look to the job description for a summary of job duties.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mountain America Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight