Mountain America Credit Union Employee Reviews

Its a good place to work
Assistant Programming Manager (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTJuly 9, 2018
Its a good place to work. They care about their employees and you can tell. They identify as a credit union and not a tech shop so their software practices are lacking. It is also difficult to compete with the software vendors. There is a general belief that a software vendor will do a better job then the programming staff, which is not true at all.
Great Work Place
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UTJune 28, 2018
Mountain America has been a great place to work. A typical day includes conversing with members and helping them achieve their financial goals by offering specific products that would benefit them. I have learned how to asking ended questions to get to know the members and help the members feel comfortable and understood while helping them in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the members and other employees.
Pros
401K, extra hours, good hours, work few weekends
Solid Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTJune 27, 2018
They are a solid company with a great future. However, there are certain departments and management within those departments that need to become better. Better in management, respect and processes.
Pros
Work, Life balance is great. Solid company
Cons
Management in certain departments
Awesome place to work with great people in a great environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTJune 27, 2018
This place is a great place to work. You get to work with a great group of people. The typical workday is always changing which keeps things interesting so you are always on your toes.
Entry Level
Teller (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTMay 29, 2018
If you love customer service and dealing with people as a middle man between them and their money it is a great place to work. The job is really entry level, not challenging, but it is stressful when "the member is always right" and you cannot do something to help them due to regulations. I still do all of my banking with them and believe they are the best that way, however. For me and my personality/skills it was not the place for me- more of a paycheck while going to school.
Good place. Need to sell products and services.
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Richfield, UTMay 14, 2018
MACU is a good place to work if you can sell their products and services. They claim that your job doesn't depend on sales, but it for sure does. They put a lot of pressure on selling their products. Can be high stress at times.
Pros
Amazing healthcare and PTO, Training is great.
Cons
Pressure to sell can be overwhelming at times.
Loved the members and my team
Mortgage Loan Processor/Closer/LO Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTMay 7, 2018
VERY busy all the time!
Learned mortgage business; I am extremely grateful for the experience!
Management forgets you exist when it comes time to make changes within the departments.
Pros
I enjoyed my job!
Cons
Short breaks
Membership first
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  UtahMay 1, 2018
This company puts the member first in what the management would like to see occur. Management asks that any decision you make is based on what is best for the member.
Mountain america credit union
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 28, 2018
poor management, no room for advancement, back biting workplace. Training was very poor. Management did not manage their employees, a few long term or favorites ran the floor. Foul language and drinking on the job which management knew about. Shopping on Amazon surfing the net and making personal calls during the day , only the favorites were allowed these privleges
Pros
A few nice people
Cons
bad bad managment
Overall a good place to work
Senior Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  West Jordan, UTMarch 23, 2018
My overall experience at Mountain America is positive, but I have some major disagreements with how my department is choosing to do things. The company as a whole is good. Their health benefits are amazing and there are amazing people working for the credit union.
Pros
Free Lunches, Benefits
Cons
Live-work balance for some departments not the best
Amazing culture!
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Meridian, IDMarch 19, 2018
Mountain America lives and breaths their culture. They stay true to their core values. They care about every employee from the CEO to the newest teller.
Very educational and people oriented
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Payson, UTMarch 19, 2018
I had a great experience working at MACU. They cared about me as an employee and encouraged us to know the patients by name and to always be friendly.
10 Billion Dollar Company in 10 Years
Processor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 15, 2018
This company is amazing to its members. Their goal is to become a 10 billion dollar company within 10 years and it is happening. They have become very big with their sales incentive (heard it be compared to Wells Fargo). Company seemed to focus more on sales and less about employees after time.
good place to work.
Mortgage loan Processor (Former Employee) –  mortgage dept utahMarch 4, 2018
I liked working for the company. They had a good compensation plan. I feel like they were concerned about their employees and wanted to see them succeed.
Productive and Professional place to work
Member Experience Agent (Current Employee) –  Rexburg, IDFebruary 22, 2018
I have never loved working more for a company. MACU really takes care of its employees as well as its members. Our primary goal was to help the member have a better day by enhancing their financial experiences!
Assisting clients obtain a mortgage loan was satisfying
Closer/Funder, Processor, Loan Officer Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTFebruary 12, 2018
Staying organized in the mortgage industry is a must! This job taught me how to do that!
Mornings consisted of returning phone calls, following up on missing documentation from a client, appraiser, title company, investor or loan officer.
I would prepare the loan for the underwriter to review or send closing documents to title.
Hardest part was putting in many hours of work vs pay. I did it for my clients. We needed more people, but management didn't agree.
Overall I really liked my job, co-workers, and clients.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Pay was not in line with the demands of the job
love the culture
Loan officer (Current Employee) –  UtahFebruary 10, 2018
great place work with, management, they are not prepare for be managers and bosses

management become management, because macu is growing not because the manager are really for be leaders
Pros
they care about the employees
Fast-Paced
Traveling Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 25, 2018
Always new people and situations, lots of learning on the job. There is an excellent training program at corporate, but due to the breadth of day to day responsibilities, a lot of learn on th go.
Past Teller at MACU
Teller and Translator (Former Employee) –  Rose Park, UTJanuary 17, 2018
I loved working at MACU. I met many wonderful people there who I am still close friends with. The environment is great to work in. I would recommend anyone and everyone to apply for this job.
Pros
consistent pay, great people to work with, you have weekends off
Voted best place to work for 2017
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVDecember 14, 2017
Productive and fun place to work. I have learned grown and developed over the past 7 years. Management is great and relates very well to their employees.

I really enjoy helping meet the members financial needs on a daily basis.

Thanks>
Pros
Flexibility, management, team player environment

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight