Mountain Creek Resort Employee Reviews

Work anywhere else
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Vernon, NJSeptember 10, 2019
You will arrive with optimism in your heart, but it will wither and die the minute you step through the doors. Management doesn't care and will constantly try to cover up the fact that no one wants to work, be there, or will hold anyone accountable for the atrocious job they do. Pay is minimal and you have to fight for every cent you get.
Pleasant place to work.
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Vernon, NJAugust 14, 2019
My boss' were good to me. The training was good. I enjoyed meeting & working with my co-workers. One of the hardest part of the jobs was when it was hot.
Working at Mountain Creek was a fun, fast paced learning experience.
Snowboard Instructor (Former Employee) –  Vernon, NJApril 11, 2019
I had a lot of fun working at Mountain Creek. I met so many good people. The management overall was good. It was a great learning experience and I would definitely recommend to my friends to work there.
Pros
Fun, a lot of snowboarding, working with awesome people.
Cons
It's seasonal
Great place for experience in Snowboard/Ski field
Terrain Park Maintenance Crew (Former Employee) –  Vernon, NJMarch 31, 2019
This place really gets its workers involved in a job that involves them in the community for setting up for tournaments and other events. We often would get to watch the competitors after we are finished setting up and get to kick back for a little bit. The normal days working were fun too, we would often go out and make sure the rails are fixed up properly for people to hit, as well as making sure none of the landings were messed up. Overall, I had a great time working at Mountain Creek and would recommend it to a lot of other people.
Pros
Lenient hours, relaxed work schedule.
Cons
Pay could improve
Horrible
- Dull management, poor culture
- Management asking a lot more than offering
Great Active Job
Ski Instructor (Current Employee) –  Vernon, NJJanuary 4, 2019
Mountain Creek is a very fun place to work. They offer many different work opportunities and alot of free training for specific jobs. This place is where you can work where you have fun and their motto is as real as the snow on their slopes.
Pros
free season pass
Cons
low pay
Place for entusiast
Ski Instructor (Current Employee) –  NJDecember 4, 2018
PRO
- Mountains
- Skiing or snowboarding on mountains
CONS
- No benefits
- Whatever you'll ask from management, 99% you will not get it
- Your effort more likely will not be appreciated
- No money for living. Salary is a joke
- Dull management, poor culture
- Management asking a lot more than offering
Productive place to work with flexible schedules for students.
General Services (Former Employee) –  Vernon, NJOctober 27, 2018
Productive place to work with jobs to suit every skill. Friendly staff. Cooperative management. Flexible schedules for students. Fun atmosphere with ever changing activities and seasonal events.
Hostess/Rentals (Former Employee) –  Vernon, NJOctober 1, 2018
It was always productive and a fun environment. A typical work day included making sure everything was fine for the guests. I enjoyed the environment the most
Loved my job but there was always drama and insecurities.
Senior Executive Assistant to CEO and COO (Current Employee) –  Vernon, NJJuly 16, 2018
Upper management made emotional and not thought out decisions. So many erupt decisions that cost the company thousands of dollars and eventually put the company in bankruptcy..
Pros
Co-workers that truly cared about each other, Long time friends were developed and will remain forever.
Cons
Insecurities and the constant drama, There were always rash decisions being made that were not thought out thoroughly, treatment of long term, committed employees was terrible, Letting complete strangers come and and totally control the company.
Fun Place to work
Bike shop supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vernon, NJApril 17, 2018
Mountain creek is a great place to work if you are looking for seasonal work. The atmosphere is dedicated to its customers happiness while keeping it fun.
Pros
Being involved with a Ski resort and Bike park is a passion not a job
Cons
Pay and benifits
Fun
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Vernon, NJApril 10, 2018
It gets busy but good time to work at. Free season pass and other benefits when hired. Hours can be crazy and unpredictable schedule with low pay. As a seasonal job it works
Fun and exciting
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Vernon, NJJuly 3, 2017
What a great experience, this is a fun and exciting place to work with great management. and the option for discounts to attend after working. great place
Casual and fun industry to be part of
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vernon, NJMay 9, 2017
Do not recommend, it is a very negative and unprofessional company to work for. There is no respect between management and employees. No advancement opportunities
Productive and Fun Workplace
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Vernon, NJDecember 6, 2016
Mountain Creek is a great place to work with a lot of good people to interact with. There are a number of different departments available to work with or in. Advancement opportunities for those who are willing to put in some hard work and time towards achieving.
A very interesting work environment.
Houseman/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Pine Mountain, GANovember 15, 2016
A very interesting workplace with very nice staffs. Its a tourist location so therefore plenty of new faces. Beautiful scenery with live music throughout the resort.
Pros
Discount on events
Cons
Short breaks
Awesome work staff
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vernon, NJSeptember 15, 2016
Great place to work. Every day is different. The management and co-workers are very nice. Often times you deal with the general public/guests and always need to be professional when speaking with them. I enjoy my job very much!
Pros
Free skiing adn snowboarding
great bosses
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Vernon, NJJune 20, 2016
My time at Mountain Creek is one that will always be with me. A typical day there involves: hectic guest, long hours, cold water, short breaks, daily morning meetings with the bosses telling us some inspirational type things, and Spanish lifeguards from Spain that will speak about you in Spanish. Your co-workers will be either cool or annoying, The annoying ones are the ones that think they know everything, even though you worked there longer. Also there will be drama.But this job isn't terrible, you learn a lot such as sticking up for yourself and others and to have patients. You also learn some Spanish, so thats a bonus. Management id great because all of the bosses were once lifeguards and understand where we are coming from. They will always take your side if you are having an argument with a guest and they do look out for you. The bosses want the best for you; just be ready for audits like once a week and don`t brag that you haven`t been audited because they will audit you on the spot.
Pros
great bosses, great money
Cons
long days (10 am- 7pm), rude guest
A Fast Paced Environment
Food and Beverage Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Vernon, NJJanuary 8, 2016
Mountain Creek presents both a lot of unique challenges and unique opportunities. Given the structure of the F & B department, the multiple food outlets allowed for opportunities to learn more and move up the department's "food chain".
did not like the place
Security and Parking Area Manager (Former Employee) –  vernon njOctober 16, 2015
everyday the managers would make us feel like we weren't good enough and needed to perform better even if the previous day was successful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mountain Creek Resort. Our community is ready to answer.

Mountain Creek Resort Reviews by Location