Mountain Park Health Center Employee Reviews

fun work place, a little stressful
Integrated Health Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maryvale, AZApril 25, 2018
working their is great, trying to advanced based only on skills is hard. favoritism played a big part at times with managers and employees. ratio is 1 provider to 2 MAs . not always good.
Don't care about their employees
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 28, 2018
Not enough characters to leave an honest review. They really don't care about their employees, I've seen people come and go, there has even been lawsuits.
Pros
Down the street
Cons
Poor management, low income, doesn't care about their employees
Terrible
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 25, 2018
lacked work ethic, not enough space, enough help for providers, managment wasn't there when in need. they wanted more patients less time spent with patients
Great for the community
Desktop Support Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 20, 2018
Lots of Volunteering events for staff
Diverse workplace
Potential for advancement
New Facilities
Friendly Providers
Awesome baby box program
Discount program for those without healthcare coverage
Pros
Helps the community - Multi-Lingual
Cons
Pressured with unrealistic deadlines, poor planning by Management for projects
Great job for a recent MA graduate
Medical Assistant, Back Office (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 14, 2018
I really appreciate the things I learned at Mountain Park. They can help a new MA learn many things to help them out with any other job they may be looking for.
overly strict
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  ArizonaJanuary 29, 2018
This job is overly stressful, When I first started working at Mountain park I thought It was mainly about helping the most needed, But now I see that its not, having to tell patients there are no available appointments, and no available appointment mostly for n
oinsurance or private insurance patients
Not worth the stress!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 19, 2018
HUGE turnover at the corporate level which is kept on the down low. People "suddenly" drop out anytime during the day or week unexpectedly regardless of how long they have been there. Upper managers are some of the most miserable, unhappy and unfriendly people I have ever encountered. They are quite elitist for a government funded non profit agency. If you are not liked at the executive or managerial level you are treated with indifference and you basically don't matter and they don't do much to hide it. Or you just get fired without cause! HR is a joke and strongly lacking for an organization this size AND years in business! They just can't seem to get it together and function like an organization this size should. There is no presence of strong leadership. Decisions seem to be made on moods and whims by those that matter and have the power. Everyone is basically allowed to be their own boss. You don't have a go to person if you have an issue and if you sound like you are complaining you are perceived as negative and most likely just get fired. Firings without cause are rampant and common, so is voluntary quitting. The HR mindset is not pro-active. You are not dealing with problem solvers. No advice or solutions are given. There are no action plans or interest in resolving issues. This place has a revolving door on it which is hard to not notice. Nobody wants to communicate PERIOD at any level. Management expects you to just automatically know what is expected and if you fall short you will be called out! The HR handbook is more like a pamphlet with loosely defined terms and  more... no substance. Morale is extremely low from the trickle down effect of bad HR, Senior Managers and Executives and all the head chopping and rolling that goes on there. The office culture is passive aggressive because everyone keeps their feelings bottled up. Stress and nervousness permeates the air.  less
Pros
Some of the best co-workers I have worked with since living in Phoenix!
Cons
The organization as a whole!
productive caring place with people trying there best to meet the needs of others
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 16, 2018
Productive place with lots of hard working people.People are caring at MPHC and work to meet the patients needs. The only problem is that there is a lot of favortism
Pros
they are flexible and will work with your schedule
Cons
poor managment
Good place to wet your feet.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 16, 2018
Here we saw many recent graduates hired and it was a pleasure to see them grow in their new job. Heavy office politics aside, this has potential to be the perfect place to work for new MAs.
Career starter
CRS/ Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 2, 2017
Its a great place to start your career in healthcare. I don't recall any tuition reimbursement which is a big plus for many seeking employment. I don't feel there was much control on how patients treated the employees.
Pros
great start to career

Want to know more about Mountain Park Health Center?

Ask a question
Good for a new MA graduate
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 22, 2017
MPHC is great for new MA graduates. Go to work use your new skills. Stay on everyone’s good side. It’s a good place to practice your new found skills. Keep the doors of communication open and make sure that whatever you’re struggling you bring it up to someone’s attention. Overall it’s great for beginners and there’s plenty of room for growth but only for certain people. Be loud and obnoxious if you want a better position.
Productive workplace
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 19, 2017
Fast paced environment.
People are welcoming and willing to help.
Management is not always on the same page.
Overall a great fun place to work.
Patients are always a joy.
Productive, Diversity,Respectful
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 17, 2017
Typical Day at work is room patients bring them back take there Vitals, like Weight, Height, Temperature, Blood Pressure, Pulse, Oxygen Levels. Get the patient Ready for the Doctors and Assistant the Doctors in what ever they need. Hardest part of the job I would say is dealing with Non compliant patient. Or angry patient that has been having a Bad day. Have to approach them differently. The most enjoyable part is working with People. And Helping them out at the end of the day.
Pros
Benefits with the company
Cons
Learning cap and opurtunity was amazing
Receptionist/CSR (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 7, 2017
at the time that I was there, company was converting to EHR from paper charts which were awesome to see that happen with such a big company, management as far as supervisor was great kind and treated all equally, at this job is where I learned I love the medical field and saw that there is so much you can learn and do in this field, love helping patient feel safe and secure with company and practice. I enjoyed that t was diverse in so many levels and that it was extremely busy about 110 patients a day.
Pros
Busy
Cons
mandatory weekends for some
Amazing Clinic
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 7, 2017
I loved working in this clinic. fast paced clinic. amazing people and amazing work environment. all of the providers in this clinic are amazing at their job and made sure that all of their patients where very well taken care of.
Increible
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 28, 2017
Una asociacion encargada del bienestar de los pacientes
Not Worth It
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85033May 21, 2017
You can learn a lot from working at MPHC because it is a clinic that is constantly changing and growing. There is room to advance, but personally I would not want to do that within this company. The work environment is toxic and management adds to that. I loved what I did and the patients that we helped, but there is too much gossip. It is better to do your work and stay out of petty drama. I did this, but its like high school. It is sad that this is allowed.
Pros
hour lunch, benefits
Cons
work environment, management, extremely busy
It's a good place to start looking for experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 3, 2017
There is nothing totally bad about Mountain Park Health Center the staff was amazing and they were the reasons why I looked forward coming into work. MPHC is where the word Family is used a lot, I feel safe here and best part was they help you grow.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Small office, disorganized, Hipaa violation, the lockers are too small
Loved this company
Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 10, 2017
It is a well family oriented place to work. Even though I was only there as a temp I never felt left out. The pay was not the best but the environment made up for it.
excellent company
Breastfeeding Educator (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 21, 2017
I love working for MPHC, great benefits, great people. No complaints, they allow you to bring your baby to work if you are exclusively breastfeeding. They support familys and provide a great home and work life balance.
benefits
Cons
not much opportunity for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mountain Park Health Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Mountain Park Health Center Reviews by Location