Mountain State Auto Auction Employee Review

View all Mountain State Auto Auction reviews

Productive and fast paced fun workplace
Various Office Positions (Former Employee) –  Shinnston, WVJune 20, 2012
I always enjoyed my job, it was never ending, fast paced, learned something new everyday. Co workers were a blast to work with.
Pros
fun
Cons
no advancement

Other Mountain State Auto Auction Employee Reviews

Great job
Car Detailer (Former Employee) –  Shinston WVFebruary 23, 2018
It helped me with working at a fast pace to make money. We were paid by the car. And it got divided by each crew member that helped with it 4 to 5 members. We would work fast paced all day and have the opportunity to as much over time as we would be allowed
Pros
Hour lunches, cool boss
Cons
Hard work. Gotta be ready to get your hands dirty
Wasn't all that bad
Technician, Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Shinnston, WVJanuary 31, 2018
Typical day consists of what trucks you have out on the yard that needs to be worked on, all trucks on the road that day and make sure everything is working correctly. Communicating with fleet dispatcher on future repairs and maintence.

Learned how to work through long strenuous hours without it effecting the job at hand. Come to learn on Cummins, Cat, International, Detroits, Paccars, Freightliner, Kenworth, WesternStar, Peterbilt, Mack, and Volvoes.

Work place was constantly busy. Down time consisted of working on regular vehicles. The crew was good but never would offer a helping hand due to the minimum hours they had in the shop.

Hardest part was really keeping up on paper work, out of town break downs, trying to contact every driver on a daily basis.

Most enjoyable would have to be working outside during the summer, garage cookouts on the grill, and always working on a new vehicle outside of the regular fleet.
Pros
Work outside during the summer and inside during the winter.
Cons
No more room for advancement.