Mountain States Health Alliance Employee Reviews

Play time at the office
Senior Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNApril 17, 2018
You had two people that that worked and was overloaded compared to the others that came in and out as they please and loved to play while the Upper Management was away. Double standards on all policies. They preached "team work" but that was definitely not the case. Management only took care of the ones that were in their "click".
Lack of communication
IS Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNApril 14, 2018
The right hand doesnt talk to the left hand. It can be kinda stressfull because the development teams will sometimes not communicate with each other and push updates that will break leaving us to pick of the pieces and take the heat. Refer to the first few chapters of the Phoenix Project. The Service Desk team is great about picking up the slack.
Productivity in Healthcare is an Insult
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNApril 4, 2018
The institution of productivity standards for a healthcare organization is insulting to the patients who are trusting the organization to get their treatment right the first time.
Not a good place to work.
Trauma Registrar (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TN 37601April 3, 2018
Very low pay even for jobs that require a college degree. No work/life balance, they expect you to be there whether you are sick, your child is sick, it doesn't matter, they don't care.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, terrible management, no work/life balance.
Work Place
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNMarch 29, 2018
Teamwork
Opportunity for improvement and advancement
Further education opportunities
Ability to work more than scheduled hours
Good rapport with Physicians and Nursing staff
ok
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Elizabethton, TNMarch 27, 2018
they have a strong hold on the jobs in the region so you don't have much to choose from. pay is VERY low compared to other similar areas/regions. i enjoyed my department though.
Poorly staffed hospital
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abingdon, VAMarch 8, 2018
Typical hospital with poor staffing for nursing assistants. People very kind and provide a warm environment. Management worked great with individuals and attempted to provide to individual needs as much as possible.
don't have one
Cashier Poster/Follow up Rep (Current Employee) –  CBOMarch 8, 2018
MSHA is an ok place to work
I have enjoyed working here except for a few bumps in the road. The pay could be better and the hours of course I would like to get overtime sometimes.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Pay
Depending on Area of Work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNMarch 8, 2018
Certain areas/floors/units were excellent environments for staff and patients. Other areas involved poor management and disgruntled employees providing poor care to patients. Physicians/NPs rushing to get through numbers of patients rather than treating them as individuals.
Pros
Cheap benefits
Cons
Lower pay, decreased respect from upper management
Favoritism, poor training, not worth it
Pre-Visit Coordination (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNMarch 5, 2018
My interview should've been my first clue that the company, or at least this position wasn't what I was told. It felt very thrown together and I was told I was interviewing for one position, when I arrived I was told there was two and they would decide which one they would like me for if I were hired. Once I started working my "trainer" was often gone for long periods of time, just walked away and was gone from ten to often twenty minutes at a time, sometimes more. According to my trainer I wasn't completed with my training yet was put on my own since they had two new hires to train. People whom should not be in roles of authority are, there is a lot of backstabbing, child like behavior and catty behavior. One of the things that turned me off quickly was hearing one of the "managers" speaking ill of associates with associates, as a former manager that is just not acceptable and should not be tolerated. I'd like to say I enjoyed my job but, I was poorly trained, thrown out on my own without all the knowledge I needed and the team environment was truly lacking, not to mention pay was a down right joke for all you're expected to do. Best of luck if you decided to work here.
Pros
Occasionally lunch is provided.
Cons
Management, training, lack of teamwork, poor pay.

Want to know more about Mountain States Health Alliance?

Ask a question
Excellent team work
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNFebruary 28, 2018
Management provided productive guidance for effective management strategies. Excellent work culture and extremely helpful employees. Enriching experience overall.
Great place to work, until jobs are eliminated.
Medical Records Analyst (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNFebruary 28, 2018
Worked great with all employees, worked all three shifts while there.. Fast pace, multi task enviorment, everyone helped each other to complete tasks daily..
Pros
Free time..
Cons
Lunch breaks was to short..
You can be proud to work for the best hospital system around
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNFebruary 2, 2018
I took pride in working for Mountain StTes. It was the most together operation I had ever worked for. It is a beautiful facility. Team members work together pretty well usually.
Pros
Professionalism, CompliNce, Employee focused
Cons
It’s been hard to get back after leaving.
Quota
Patient Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJanuary 27, 2018
If you don't mind trying to reach a quota each day and doing the same thing over and over and over again it was an okay place to work. People were ok.
Great Place to Work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJanuary 26, 2018
This company really has it together. I've enjoyed my time here, and the training I have received. I am moving on to FNP, but will always love MSHA and the great coworkers who have become friends.
Low Pay/Little to No Advancement
IS Project Manager II (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJanuary 19, 2018
I found my project management position less than challenging and had to accept low pay for my skills in a weak PMO infrastructure environment. Also, I was told that neither a raise nor advancement was in my future while working there. Work drama is relatively low and if you are capable of maneuvering office politics at all, you should be fine.

My position has a stress level that is relatively low, but I was used to a contractor position, where output, responsibility, and travel were much much higher. While MSHA does not require the same high level of effort, they do expect expert performance and extra hours be put in, although they are not willing to pay for it in salaries.

The health benefits are disappointing, given the fact that MSHA is a network of hospitals and other providers. Only 80% coverage is offered with a high deductible and no discount is offered to employees who use MSHA hospital sites and its providers.

Overall, my experience here has been average, but I am also comparing it to poor working conditions I have been previously exposed to. Knowing your job will be the same forever, no matter how much work you put into it, can tend to make a person complacent and/or uninspired.

I believe that MSHA would benefit from increasing salaries or other benefits to their employees, such as paid vacation or professional development. This would likely enhance employee experience and encourage them to be more inspired. Currently 90% of the people I work with have told me they only continue working here because the job market in this area is so bad. I
  more... believe employers know this and take advantage of the situation.  less
Pros
If you show up and do 1/2 good work, you will likely have a job here for a while
Cons
If you show up and do 1/2 good work, your skills will diminish and your pay will continue to be below average
Stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJanuary 8, 2018
Working in the office was a great experience and pretty much relaxed did nit deal face to face with patients mostly spoke over phone. The position allows you to upgrade your education
Pros
Cubicles and semi on your own
Cons
Too many chiefs
Very nice place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNDecember 21, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company and had various nursing positions at these facilities. I worked in medical surgical services, intensive care and education.
Healthcare services
Regional Manager, Business Health (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNDecember 10, 2017
I had many opportunities to learn and grow while employed at Mountain States Health Alliance. It was both challenging and rewarding. I enjoyed helping businesses with their healthcare needs.
Productive place to work
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Elizabethton, TNDecember 8, 2017
I enjoy working at Mountain States Health Alliance. It is a rewarding and great job. I feel as if I have strong relationships with all of the employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mountain States Health Alliance. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9

2.8Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight