Mountain States Health Alliance Employee Reviews for Patient Access Manager

Administrators care more about $$$ than patients or employees
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJanuary 24, 2017
I will start by saying that I loved the people I worked with, with the exception of management. The management for the department I was employed were never involved in the day-to-day runnings, but they sit around in their offices and at least once a month complain about the department not making enough in collections and also to change the process used on a day-to-day basis. They are most definitely lacking in leadership that understands what it means to lead a department or a company within the administrative and clerical departments. They have no respect for patients or for the employees who interact with patients on a daily basis.
Pros
Good people around you other than management, pretty good benefits, flexible schedules.
Cons
Management, pressure on collections from patients, alot of non paid personal time mandatory meetings.
Professional Place that Brings Loving Care to Healthcare
Patient Access Representative/PBX (Current Employee) –  Marion, VAJanuary 7, 2017
I really love my job at MSHA. The people are wonderful. The atmosphere is perfect. Important work that makes a difference is why I love what I do. Registration, insurance verification, determine copay/coinsurance amounts, request payments, process payments, schedule appointments, work with local doctor offices to receive correct, accurate, revised physician orders in accordance with policy. Follow procedures to prepare the outpatient department for next business day. Work with other internal departments to ensure patient accounts and paperwork is filed correctly and accurately. Assist patients with charity application completion and submission. Help any and all staff, patients, and visitors in whatever manner is needed at the time. Act as receptionist at main lobby entrance. Switchboard operator.
Pros
Personal satisfaction of a job well done
Cons
Part time position after 2 years, need full time position
Great place to work if you never want to move up.
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJuly 12, 2015
Company does not have growth opportunity for all range of employees. If the scratching your bosses back is the best move this is a great place.
Brand new, green facility
ED Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNApril 20, 2014
The work environment was beautiful! Its the state's first "green" health care facility. The health care benefits were ok. I loved my 4*10s shift of on 4 days, off for 3.
Pros
Beautiful building with zen, spa-like finishes
A very friendly work environment
Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJuly 13, 2012
I enjoy working at MSHA. The people I work with are very laid back and easy to get along with.
benefits