Mountainland Head Start, Inc. Employee Review

View all Mountainland Head Start, Inc. reviews

I miss them
Family Advocate (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTSeptember 19, 2014
I left my job because we moved to another place. I loved what I did, I felt like it was a wonderful environment to learn and grow. I felt like I was able to make strong bonds with the families that I served as well as my co-workers.
Pros
flexibility in scheduling
Cons
odd hours at times

Other Mountainland Head Start, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great Place to Start a Career
Child Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJuly 1, 2019
I really enjoyed working for Mountainland. It was a great fresh out of college job, although pretty overwhelming at the same time. There are waves of extreme business and then feeling like you have nothing to do. The paperwork is extremely extensive, although I understand why it has to be that way. As a supervisor, I covered for my teachers that wouldn't show up to work at the last minute at least once or twice a week, so a lot of times it felt like I couldn't do MY job because I was always doing someone else's. It taught me a lot of skills and I met great people. The teachers and the upper management were all great, but every group of people has some people you don't like or don't get along with. Same was true here. I left for a job that was closer to where my husband and I were living. There is a manager there that started a few months before I left and I was VERY happy to leave working with her. She drove away a LOT of other people and I understand she's still working there. I wouldn't say that I left because of her, but having her as one of my superiors made the decision easier.
Opportunities to learn new skills
Disabilities & Mental Health Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTApril 7, 2019
Learned to manage time, management. The most enjoyable is working with teachers and children. The hardest part of the job is to handle children with very difficult behaviors and how to teach them new skills of solving their anxieties and frustrations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mountainland Head Start, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Mountainland Head Start, Inc. Reviews by Location

Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?