Play YouTube video button

MountainStar Healthcare Employee Reviews

Featured review
MountainStar Healthcare selected this as a representative review
MountainStar is the best!
HR Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTJanuary 25, 2018
HCA is a great company to work for! It's a massive company and MountainStar is one of the divisions. Large corporations are not perfect but HCA tries hard to balance employee satisfaction, profit, and charity. They communicate the changes that are being made by email, town hall meetings with our CEO, and mail.
The Administration team is approachable and friendly, and as a company, they take their employee engagement surveys very seriously. I think the biggest challenge is balancing workload and maintaining efficiency for our patients during the busy spurts. But even through that, our nurses, staff, and volunteers are so friendly and have a great sense of humor.
Pros
Benefits, discounts, 401K Match, warm atmosphere
micromanagement
RN/Charge Nurses/ / PRN house supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTMarch 14, 2019
never get out on time - an hour and a half after end of shift then having to return next day is difficult. Person in charge of schedule ignores our requests off. 1 CNA for 20 patients on a icu step down unit is unsafe, this has been addressed but after 4 years there has been no change. nurses are overworked and units are sorely understaffed. Administration states its not in the budget but have found out the managers get a bonus with the amount increased the more they are under budget. Its all money and no patient safety.
No appreciation for us nurses who work 14 hours shifts then pick up extra shifts due to understaffing. Take a lunch they say - you take a lunch and get called to take care of a patient because there is no one available to oversee your patients.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
understaffed - decreased patient safety
Positive and fun workplace
Informatics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDMarch 6, 2019
I don't actually work for this organization-Indeed is saying I have, but I haven't.
I actually work for Mountain View Healthcare, and have for approximately 2 years.
Culture at lakeview
Critical Care Unit RN (Former Employee) –  Bountiful, UTMarch 3, 2019
Lakeview hospital was the first job I had as a nurse where I didn't feel afraid to take a sick day. My first supervisor was so interested in making sure I knew what to do and was patient as I learned the routine. My second supervisor was the same way. He encouraged me to take on challenges and responsibilities that set me up for my career.
Great palce to work, fun people and patients
Medical Staff Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cache Valley HospitalFebruary 28, 2019
I am a great self starter and left to self manage my daily task and priorities. I have learned a lot by working with the Executive Administration staff and physician staff. Had to deal with confidential information and important situations. Worked with multiple deadlines and time lines. Worked closely with Management and hospital staff.
Answered phones, organized meetings, took minutes, collected confidential data from other departments. Prepared reports. Worked as a liaison to other company entities. Entered person information into our company data base for staff and patients. Greeted guest, answered questions and directed them to correct locations or found help to get there questions answered.
Pros
Execllent Benefits
Favoritism is alive and well.
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 25, 2019
As the title says, favoritism is alive and well in this facility. The director in my department only cares that he looks good on paper and is saving or making money. Doesn't matter that his cost cutting ideas are burning out employees or that the ideas are unworkable. Backstabbing, gossip, and tattling are definitely encouraged. I feel bad for the middle manager since the director makes her do all his dirty work, including taking the flak. The only way to advance is to be a snitch and be a favorite. There is s huge amount of us against them mentality in my department. Going to human resources is a colossal waste of time; speaking to a wall would be more responsive. Breaks are few and far between. The only guaranteed break is a 30 minute unpaid meal break. On the flip side, some coworkers are absolutely fantastic and the patients are generally appreciative of the help they recieve.
Pros
Free food, decent benefits
Cons
Too many to list.... looking for other work
Laboratory Manager (Current Employee) –  North Logan, UTFebruary 25, 2019
I’m looking for an opportunity to work as a bench tech. I’ve been in leadership positions most of my career and am looking for a change and reduced stress.
I love interfacing with the patients!
Dietetic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTFebruary 14, 2019
Lone Peak Hospital is a fairly new hospital with room to grow. The experience I have had with team members and coworkers from other areas of the hospital has been mostly positive. Other employees are generally friendly and pleasant including nurses, doctors, CNAs, technicians, housekeeping, receptionists and administrators. I enjoyed going to one corporate event which was focused on customer service. I enjoyed the orientation meetings and the materials I was given after onboarding which helped to instill the kind of culture desired at Lone Peak: Improving the Lives We Touch. Additionally, the hospital provides exceptional benefits and fair wages.
Pros
Free meals and sometimes get to take home leftovers, flexible sous chef, respectful dieticians
great company
Good cafeteria
Easy parking
Caring management
High rated
Pros
great all around experience
Good place to work for the hard working
EVS Associate II & Lab Assistant III (Former Employee) –  South Ogden, UTJanuary 28, 2019
Worked there for nearly a year. Had excellent reviews and awards for my conduct and hard work. Was asked to write SOP's for cleaning which had never been done. Was promoted due to my excellent work ethic from EVS to the Lab. Was asked to be on a notable committee. Was asked to MC an awards banquet. Received numerous star awards for my hard and dedicated work ethic. Was asked to serve on the Emergency Response Team because of my background in Health and Safety. In the end they terminated me because they discovered that I was a convicted felon and all of my hard work, awards, and outstanding work ethic, and over the top performance meant nothing.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Won't hire felons
Kind and great place to work
Provider Contracting/credentialing (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJanuary 24, 2019
The people I work with are great, the managers genuinely care about the employees and the company wants patients treated above standard. I wish all work places were like this.
Pros
Everything, I love to go to work everyday
Cons

Want to know more about MountainStar Healthcare?

Ask a question
team building environment
PBX Operator (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTJanuary 24, 2019
I enjoyed working with the HIM team. My coworkers were helpful and kind. The hospital environment was professional and inviting. It was near my home and easily accessable.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
long hours, short breaks
I enjoyed my coworker and the patients & visitors.
Data Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 14, 2019
The environment was fun and friendly. The people that work and the visitors/patients at St. Mark's Hospital made the hard time and the good times worth it. Helping patients and their love ones was the highlight of my day. I would help them find answers they seek and the location that they were looking for. I was that employee that everyone knew would have an answer or would find the answer they seek. My coworkers knew that they could count on me. The hardest part of my day was so many interruptions throughout the day. I had to learn to talk, listen, and type at the same time. At times I had 20+ people standing around my desk daily for a directors meeting. Hardest days was when there was an upset patient or family member that had a complain or an matter that needed to be addressed. At times I was not able to find the right person to help with their needs, which results were person getting upset even angry. I did learn more about myself and what I am capable of. Learned a lot about how a hospital runs, and more about medical.
Favoritism
LPN / RN (Former Employee) –  Payson, UTJanuary 14, 2019
The Administrative values changed in the last 2 years. They Let the existing Intensivist,[ they were Great and the Unit was full andFamilies and patients happy, and Lives were SAVED, ]They fired them for a traveling Dr team that is not friending , and rude to patients and families.
Pros
chance to earn point to be used in purchase of things from catalog
Cons
favortism w staff
Great Place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTJanuary 11, 2019
Teamwork is exceptional. We work as a cohesive unit at Lone Peak Hospital. Flexible work schedule. Employees able to put in schedule request. Staff works well with staff who are in school.
Pros
Great Teamwork
Cons
Raises does not compensate for cost of living increase
Stingy
Registered Nurse, Progressive Care Unit (PCU) (Former Employee) –  Bountiful, UTJanuary 5, 2019
This is the stingiest company I have ever worked for. They make the employees take all the risk of doing business while the corporation makes all the profits.
Slow paced
Advocate (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTDecember 6, 2018
Slow paced position and a tedious workload. Somewhat detached and disorganized management. Fair compensation and benefits were offered by the corporation
Pros
Benefits and compensation
Cons
slow paced, tedious workload
I love Lakeview!
Radiographic Technologist (MRI) (Current Employee) –  Bountiful, UTDecember 6, 2018
Great place to work, staff help each other out (in radiology department), are fun to work with, department manager stands behind techs and ensures fair treatment. Couldn't ask for a better place to work!
Pros
Great coworkers, great department head, new equipment, competitive wages
Cons
No sick leave, all mushed together with vacation time, upper management has no heart for employees, nurses rarely help ancillary staff, ED docs and hospitalists order unnecessary exams
Fun work place, laid back but professional
NICU RN (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTDecember 2, 2018
I enjoy the small hospital feel, it feels like a family. Each unit work very well together. The nurses are treated very well. If you have a idea the CNO and CEO will hear you out. They are very friendly.
Pros
Yearly awards, management listens to all staff
Cons
Pay not competitive, overly worked when very busy
Great
Registrar PRN (Former Employee) –  Bountiful, UTNovember 13, 2018
Fun, great place to work. Would work there again. Friendly. Fast-paced environment. Managers and co-workers a very nice. Just looking for something different.
No communication
Housekeeping/Aid (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDNovember 8, 2018
Lack of communication they will change the schedule without letting you know. Time would always change, short notice on upcoming clients. They would cut you hours short.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MountainStar Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

4.3Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight