MountainStar Healthcare Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
no room for growth
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 14, 2018
Over worked under paid. The residents in memory care don't have room to roam around. there are too many residents for such a small memory care ward. The company should pay for 2 -3 meals a week for the employees who work so hard to take care of the residents who live there.
Pros
Its a Job
Cons
its just a job
Fun place
Supervisor- Sherry Hill (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJuly 8, 2018
Loved working there. Worked in the kitchen. The doctors would come down for lunch, they were so nice. Saved scraps of food for one of the doctors pigs. Even got a tip from the ceo. Loved it.
productive and fun
Surgical Technician (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTJune 18, 2018
its super reliable and i love having such a flexible job with great benefits and coworkers. this job has helped me gain knowledge for my career and for a lot of hands on skills
Very strict, stringent set of rules to follow in Progressive Care Unit.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 8, 2018
Utah has mandatory scheduling for doing nights an days shift with the normal every other weekend required. Management is fair yet there is no leeway. If you have any experience coming into that unit you best keep it to yourself. Especially if you are an outsider. The patient's rooms are extremely small. Can't move around without bumping into the furniture and getting bruises. Very little autonomy and I believe that is because so many are new RN graduates. Lots of continuing education monthly after you complete hundreds of hours working on ECCO's. Large turnover of nurses.
Pros
Free garage parking, first 2 uniforms compensated. Director effort to be the "best" and be fair.
Cons
No autonomy to think for yourself. Just call the doctor. Low salary.
Good place to work.
Medical Transcriptionist in Radiology (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTMay 31, 2018
I enjoyed working there, but there seemed to be problems with employees taking advantage of other employees and management not be able or willing to do anything about it.
Pros
Loved the work there.
Cons
Didn't care for management.
Unique culture of family between staff members as well as management.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 11, 2018
I love working at St. Mark's Hospital. I genuinely like and trust my coworkers, which makes being a nurse much more rewarding and enjoyable. The unique culture of family improves continuity of safety and care coordination for the patients and their families.
Fast paced, keeps you on your toes
Anesthesia Technician (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 30, 2018
Making sure things are prepped for the day
Learned to scrub in for surgeries and what doctors preferred certain things
Management was stressful but good.
Great Job
Mammography Technologist (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 11, 2018
Enjoyed working there and interacting with all the people. Treated employees with respect. Their employees had an opportunity to enjoy their lives outside of work.
skilled nursing facility
RESPIRATORY THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDApril 5, 2018
was a very sad place to work seeing all the patience that had a life with no quality but amazing to see how upbeat and happy the residents were about there quality of life. makes others realize that we need to be thankful for what we have
Pros
great residents
Cons
sad environment
Great job.
Floor Technician - General Labor (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 2, 2018
Im not sure if I worked for MoutainStar or Alaska Regional Hospital but if we are referring to the floor tech job it was pretty cool the staff was awesome, For sure keeps you busy.
Great benefits and people, difficult and sometimes sad environment
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDApril 1, 2018
The people here are wonderful, but there is definitely days where it's hard to stay. Naturally at a hospital people die, and for some it is difficult to handle. Don't take this job if you have a weak stomach.
Pros
Discounts in cafeteria. Co-workers are family. Always learning something new
Cons
Not much room for advancement, raises are a somewhat disappointing, work environment can have an effect on your mentality.
Excellent organization
MLS LEAD, SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Bountiful, UTMarch 31, 2018
I like working for HCA. The culture is collaborative, and friendly. There are always things to learn and ways to grow. I'm currently in Davis county, and would prefer to move farther north.
Pros
Great teamwork.
Cons
Would personally prefer to move farther north.
Great co workers, great boss, fair PTO hours and IMy coworkers were wonderful to work with. We were close kni thoroughly enjoyed tuition reimbursement
Mother Baby Nurse (Former Employee) –  Millcreek, UTMarch 30, 2018
My coworkers were wonderful to work with. We were close knit, and we would help each other as much as we could. My boss and I got along very well, and she would listen to any concerns brought forth to her. I thoroughly enjoyed my PTO hours and had no issues with utilizing them. Are used tuition reimbursement through St. Marks to obtain my nursing degree. It was One of the more likable benefits available to me from St. Mark’s Hospital.
Not people oriented
Hospitality (Former Employee) –  Payson, UTMarch 21, 2018
Worked 23 years and get laid off. What a great CO. Not reasonable.time constraints you could work 15 hours a day but never be late.administration thought they were above their employees.
Enjoyed working there
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 21, 2018
Good staffing. Staff were open to changes. Did introduce new changes and provided plenty of in services and staff were very receptive to learning. HR was very supportive. Encountered some horrible OR directors. Great surgeons. Got along with OR staff. Supply chain was an issue. Left due o bad or director.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Poor OR director..playing politic
High stress and fast paced working environment.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 21, 2018
Day shift and night shift are fast paced and make you feel overworked, there are too many things that must get done on time before your shift is over. I have learned a lot working here at one of their many hospitals, I have grown more as a CNA than anywhere else that I have worked. Management is okay, they are not the best management that I have ever worked under but they still do fine. The hardest part of the job is definitely time management. When you have days where you are in charge of 12-14 patients and you must perform Vital Signs on every patient every four hours, you must keep an eye on the time and make sure you get all of your work done in a timely manner. Another hard part of the job is being a part of a "Code Blue" where someone is found unresponsive with no heart rate and no respiratory rate. You must know your role and perform it correctly and you also have to be okay with death, dying, and post mortem cares. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping a patient get better, stay comfortable, and see them go home at the end of their stay. That is the most rewarding part.
Pros
PTO and some 401k match.
Cons
Must clock out for lunch break, don't get two 15 minute paid breaks.
It is an interesting culture
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTMarch 9, 2018
There are good things and bad things, like any job. But I would not advise trusting too much the management. I never felt listened to even though I was being asked and in a leadership role.
Very stressful
Administration (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 7, 2018
The company is ever demanding more and more from its employees while providing less and less. The physicians always get their way over the concerns of the employees.
Productive and fun
Surgical Technician (Current Employee) –  Brigham City, UTFebruary 21, 2018
Fun working environment and fast pace.Everyone is easy going and very helpful. Staff does a good job at covering if needed. Healthcare benefits were amazing.
Pros
Staff is awesome
Cons
Low censused frequently.
n/a
Human Resource Generalist (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 19, 2018
This company is a great company to work for. The culture is friendly and collaborative and spends alot of money developing their staff. Great for entry level and advanced careers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MountainStar Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

4.2Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight