MountainStar Healthcare Employee Reviews

Bad
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDApril 16, 2018
A lot of back stabbing, politics, management would falsify work records and inspections to get rid of people they didn't like, regardless of their actual work record,
Pros
Consistent hours
Cons
Everything else, bad work place culture, bad pay, obnoxious coworkers, (most of them due to being treated badly by the company)
Great Job
Mammography Technologist (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 11, 2018
Enjoyed working there and interacting with all the people. Treated employees with respect. Their employees had an opportunity to enjoy their lives outside of work.
Great job.
Floor Technician - General Labor (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 2, 2018
Im not sure if I worked for MoutainStar or Alaska Regional Hospital but if we are referring to the floor tech job it was pretty cool the staff was awesome, For sure keeps you busy.
Great benefits and people, difficult and sometimes sad environment
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDApril 1, 2018
The people here are wonderful, but there is definitely days where it's hard to stay. Naturally at a hospital people die, and for some it is difficult to handle. Don't take this job if you have a weak stomach.
Pros
Discounts in cafeteria. Co-workers are family. Always learning something new
Cons
Not much room for advancement, raises are a somewhat disappointing, work environment can have an effect on your mentality.
Excellent organization
MLS LEAD, SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Bountiful, UTMarch 31, 2018
I like working for HCA. The culture is collaborative, and friendly. There are always things to learn and ways to grow. I'm currently in Davis county, and would prefer to move farther north.
Pros
Great teamwork.
Cons
Would personally prefer to move farther north.
Great co workers, great boss, fair PTO hours and IMy coworkers were wonderful to work with. We were close kni thoroughly enjoyed tuition reimbursement
Mother Baby Nurse (Former Employee) –  Millcreek, UTMarch 30, 2018
My coworkers were wonderful to work with. We were close knit, and we would help each other as much as we could. My boss and I got along very well, and she would listen to any concerns brought forth to her. I thoroughly enjoyed my PTO hours and had no issues with utilizing them. Are used tuition reimbursement through St. Marks to obtain my nursing degree. It was One of the more likable benefits available to me from St. Mark’s Hospital.
Not people oriented
Hospitality (Former Employee) –  Payson, UTMarch 21, 2018
Worked 23 years and get laid off. What a great CO. Not reasonable.time constraints you could work 15 hours a day but never be late.administration thought they were above their employees.
Enjoyed working there
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 21, 2018
Good staffing. Staff were open to changes. Did introduce new changes and provided plenty of in services and staff were very receptive to learning. HR was very supportive. Encountered some horrible OR directors. Great surgeons. Got along with OR staff. Supply chain was an issue. Left due o bad or director.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Poor OR director..playing politic
High stress and fast paced working environment.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 21, 2018
Day shift and night shift are fast paced and make you feel overworked, there are too many things that must get done on time before your shift is over. I have learned a lot working here at one of their many hospitals, I have grown more as a CNA than anywhere else that I have worked. Management is okay, they are not the best management that I have ever worked under but they still do fine. The hardest part of the job is definitely time management. When you have days where you are in charge of 12-14 patients and you must perform Vital Signs on every patient every four hours, you must keep an eye on the time and make sure you get all of your work done in a timely manner. Another hard part of the job is being a part of a "Code Blue" where someone is found unresponsive with no heart rate and no respiratory rate. You must know your role and perform it correctly and you also have to be okay with death, dying, and post mortem cares. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping a patient get better, stay comfortable, and see them go home at the end of their stay. That is the most rewarding part.
Pros
PTO and some 401k match.
Cons
Must clock out for lunch break, don't get two 15 minute paid breaks.
It is an interesting culture
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTMarch 9, 2018
There are good things and bad things, like any job. But I would not advise trusting too much the management. I never felt listened to even though I was being asked and in a leadership role.
Very stressful
Administration (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 7, 2018
The company is ever demanding more and more from its employees while providing less and less. The physicians always get their way over the concerns of the employees.
Productive and fun
Surgical Technician (Current Employee) –  Brigham City, UTFebruary 21, 2018
Fun working environment and fast pace.Everyone is easy going and very helpful. Staff does a good job at covering if needed. Healthcare benefits were amazing.
Pros
Staff is awesome
Cons
Low censused frequently.
n/a
Human Resource Generalist (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 19, 2018
This company is a great company to work for. The culture is friendly and collaborative and spends alot of money developing their staff. Great for entry level and advanced careers.
Good peers to work with.
Infection Control Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDFebruary 17, 2018
Typical for-profit facility. nurse to patient ratios are to high.

Nurses don't get lunch or breaks due to poor staffing

High nurse turnover

minimal opportunity for advancement
Pros
good benefits
Cons
12 hour shifts with minimal breaks
Part time Phlebotomist
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTFebruary 15, 2018
I was an early morning part time phlebotomist. This was a very easy job that provided a couple blood draws every morning and a small but consistent pay check. I only working 2 hours every morning but I had just received my certificate of completion from a community college so it was good work coming right out of school.
Internship
Patient Experience Intern (Former Employee) –  Payson, UTFebruary 5, 2018
I enjoyed my summer internship at the MountainStar Hospital. I liked my managers, and I feel like I was able to help the hospital become a better place for the patients.
Lots to learn
Social Media Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 3, 2018
As an intern, I was expected to do a lot of random tasks. I was also given the opportunity to progress in my area of study with projects assigned to me to showcase my knowledge and experience. It's a great place to learn and feel included.
Pros
Friendly staff, not stressful
Cons
Not paid as an intern
Quick paced, but great teamwork
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJanuary 30, 2018
In the ER, things can get hectic at the drop of a hat. I learned that it's important to know who and what your coworkers do. Everyone plays a part in saving lives. That's what I found rather rewarding about working in the emergency room. The hardest part of the job is the hours. Shifts typically run 6 am - 6 pm or 6 pm to 6 am. However, working 3 days a week is really nice in comparison to 5 days a week.
Pros
fast paced work environment, coworkers, and paid time off
Cons
work hours
Great place to work room for advancement
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 29, 2018
Had an amazing experience working here. People are great. Management is very acomadating. Was easy to have a job and still be a mother. Best job and boss I have ever had.
Pros
Great management
It's just OK
Central Sterile Technician (Current Employee) –  Bountiful, UTJanuary 26, 2018
Most of the Lakeview employees are the best. It's a smaller "community" hospital and as such, everybody knows everybody. Everybody is friendly and easy going. As in every workplace there are conflicts but for the most part it's a great place to work. I feel like some of the management (Directors) were not as versed as they should be in the fields they were over. The hardest part of the job was management & HR's unwillingness to stop harassment when it does happen, which is not often but it does happen.
Pros
Oportunity to learn & mostly great co-workers
Cons
Those who want to climb the ladder and will do anything to get to the top.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MountainStar Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

4.2Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight