MountainView Hospital Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Great People, Small-Minded Management
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 3, 2018
I have some of the best co-workers I have ever had the opportunity to work with. Unfortunately, this is by far the most disorganized, poorly designed, and phenomenally mismanaged hospital I have ever worked in. It is amazing how there is never a lack of new ways to make it more difficult for providers to actually administer care to patients. Management is only happy when they are graphing their newest metric or figuring out how much their annual bonus is going to be. The whole system runs on 1960s software technology and the only time something changes is if a patient complains or sues. Staff feedback receives almost zero consideration except occasionally as an afterthought.
Pros
Great pay for the market, engineering responds promptly when something needs repair
Cons
Staff have no voice, union is THE WORST
Review on Mountainview
Residency Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 1, 2018
Mountainview is productive and lively place to work where every one is in a spirit of collaboration. The directors are concerned with your well being and growth. The schedules are flexible and the atmosphere is always pleasant. I have learned so much I this role an this environment.
Safe environment, fun place to work
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALApril 6, 2018
I really enjoyed working there. I think that this is one of the best jobs I’ve ever worked. You learn new things every single day. I worked with the children there! They were such a joy! I miss them so much. When you’re hired on they pay for your tb test, CPI and CPR certification. They provide all that right there in the facility. Great job!
Pros
Food is cheap, friendly staff, the pay is good, health insurance
Cons
No cons
Very fast paced
EVS Lead (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 28, 2018
Managed by sodexo ( EVS) they have the account there so we had to do ALL the work. For what they pay EVS, it’s definitely not worth it. They expect the workers to perform higher than usual when the hospital is at maximum capacity. It’s strenuous at times.
Pros
Clinical staff and docs are friendly
Cons
Low pay
Very nice place to work
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 25, 2018
My coworkers are very nice to work here. Especially my unit in IMC, pretty much in all unit. we all work together. However, the higher management is a different story.
Pros
Amazing team work
Cons
Poor Upper Management
Good staff like the location
Healthcare Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 21, 2017
17 years as a tele tech and unit Secretary they went to the tele room 3 years ago l took a unit secretary position then with no warning it was deleted
Pros
Love the staff good location
Cons
No one talks to staff about whats going on
great place to work!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 8, 2017
Great place to work. My manager was very gracious. The interdisciplinary team I worked with was incredible! There was endles opportunity for learning and advancing my career.
Good job, if you can keep it
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 25, 2017
To work here get your BSN and all available certifications. Always remember this is a corporation. I wish the had given me more notice before eliminating my position (LPN) after 17 yrs.
Material management
Material Management (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 2, 2017
The environment in which I work was fast paced but well balance, The company overall is a great company to work for. the friendly faces were the best part
there is still room for improvement.
RN Staff Nurse-ohrr/sicu (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 27, 2017
my 2 years there were not as bad but there are things that needs polishing especially in the icu.ancillary needs priority.salary is competetive.education needs to be adressed.
Becoming very corporate
Charge Nurse duties (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 5, 2017
Corporate is now starting to try and cut benefits, lay people off without notice, and outsource employees. Although we are very busy, we have insufficient staff support.
Pros
Good pay/benefits, nurse union
Cons
Trying to cut benefits, provide less support for nurses
Great career job, benefits and pay were excellent, very fast paced office
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 30, 2017
I still would of been working at Mountain View Hospital, however when our office went electronic, over half of the staff was layed off. It was a great experience for me.
Pros
Pay and benefits were excellent
Cons
Was given the month and year we were going to be layed off
Practicum
Individual and Group Counseling, Psychometrics (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALAugust 27, 2017
I was given opportunity to conduct group sessions on a regular basis, trusted to perform other's group work as needed on an emergency basis. Furthermore, my experience with assessments and conducting psycho-socials was enlightening; there was true experience with the guidelines of governing agencies. My own educational inadequacies were remedied through supervision and furthering my education.
Pros
free lunches, group, individual counseling
Cons
Lack of advancement, planning
Wonderful place to work
Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 24, 2017
Everyone that i worked with and along side of were so great. I looked forward to going to work every day. The pay was perfect and I loved the atmosphere.
Great place to intern
Non-paid Internship Observing Physical Therapy (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 13, 2017
The staff of the physical therapy department are all very friendly people. Interning there is a magnificent learning opportunity and would recommend it to anyone.
Co-workers were great.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 30, 2017
I enjoyed working with the nurses on my unit. They were helpful and supportive. I will gladly recommend anybody looking for a job to apply to this hospital.
Pros
Team work among nurses
Cons
Short breaks.
Pros and Cons
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 14, 2017
Best part is the job. Worst part is the co workers. The benefits and job is awesome. But the atmosphere to work with certain individuals can cause a bit of frustration. It's not a friendly atmosphere.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 26, 2017
I learned a lot, they give me the opportunity to work there with no experience..
I dress appropiately, practice good personal hygiene and wear my ID badge at all times..
excellent workplace
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 23, 2017
Mountainview is a good place to work at. There is a lot of extracurricular activities to involve employees in the hospital. Hospital provides free food when there is an occasion.
great pace to work
CHARGE NURSE MED/SURG (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 8, 2017
Mountain View Hospital is just beautiful. Staff very friendly and very caring and compassionate. Very good teamwork and friendly to deal with. I really enjoyed working there.
Pros
great staff
Cons
very busy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MountainView Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

MountainView Hospital Reviews by Location