MountainView Hospital Employee Reviews

Very good employment experience.
Registered nurse (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 26, 2019
This hospital is an excellent institution to build your career and develop professional skills. This hospital values employees and provides support if needed.
ease job to do
Maintenance Waitress, Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89128January 9, 2019
Poor workers bad habits no team work to mach drama..
weak management no control of work situations
HR do not take actions of ending harassment work place.
And Sodexo Corporation did not take care of that ether
Racist work environment esp . Morning shift
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 28, 2018
Poor management for laboratory director , lab supervisor and lead personnel. Luck of training for new hires . They fired staff on the spot . Work schedule is change all the time . Morning shift from 6am - 7am lots lazy staff are hiding at that moment . 1 Hr break in morning and theres another break at lunch which is 1 hr. Hca facility should only 1 hr break per hca policy and doing the job. New staff are been working so much and with out help. All lead medical technologist are poor teaching skills , no willing to help for new staff to succeed in the lab . Lots error in lab resulting esp. For delta repeat critical resulting .No qc and ca;ibration performed in the lab . They will discriminate you youre a minority , new grads, young and ambitious . Racist hca facility , no rights for minority . Need a diversity in Morning shift . Need change of management from director , supervisor , lead medical technologist in the Morning .

Thats why hiring every few months ???? Because of poor management in the lab .

Need a change of staff from Director , Supervisor !!!!!
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Poor leadership, Busy, Short staff, Favoritism
New CEO, New COO poor leadership
Nurse practitioner urgent care (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMNovember 10, 2018
Too many changes in leadership new CEO new CEO and urgent care manager who has only an associate degree is recipe for decrease employee satisfaction. Cunning clinic and Steph ours, or still work when sick , shifts given to her favorite employees, along with zero communication. In three years I received one email from the manager and that was after I no longer work there.
Staff is told to clock out for lunch but told you can’t leave the building so you can be available. Providers are expected to see anyone who walks into the urgent care even though there is no x-ray in the building.
Pros
Hourly salary is ok
Cons
To be reimbursed for mileage takes average of 3 months
Avoid incremental overtime; less stressful place to work.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 31, 2018
Vision statement:to be the premier provider of exceptional care. Mission statement:we are dedicated to improving life in a healing environment. Do accurate documentation in a timely fashion and "no worries working here". Staff morale hurting for lack of positive feedback for the hard work done.
Pros
Pto time readily given when asked for.
Cons
Staff nurses stressed out.
great pay and benefits
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 4, 2018
The pay is not worth the negative atmosphere. Lazy co-workers who hate each other. The management is weak and allows unprofessional childish behavior between what should be a team.
Transport patient food
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 14, 2018
Transport patient food in efficient amount of time. Watch out for the surroundings of your self and patients. Assist ill patients and children while managing an efficient time pattern.
Pros
Pay, Hours, Healthcare
Cons
Sick people
Great People, Small-Minded Management
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 3, 2018
I have some of the best co-workers I have ever had the opportunity to work with. Unfortunately, this is by far the most disorganized, poorly designed, and phenomenally mismanaged hospital I have ever worked in. It is amazing how there is never a lack of new ways to make it more difficult for providers to actually administer care to patients. Management is only happy when they are graphing their newest metric or figuring out how much their annual bonus is going to be. The whole system runs on 1960s software technology and the only time something changes is if a patient complains or sues. Staff feedback receives almost zero consideration except occasionally as an afterthought.
Pros
Great pay for the market, engineering responds promptly when something needs repair
Cons
Staff have no voice, union is THE WORST
Review on Mountainview
Residency Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 1, 2018
Mountainview is productive and lively place to work where every one is in a spirit of collaboration. The directors are concerned with your well being and growth. The schedules are flexible and the atmosphere is always pleasant. I have learned so much I this role an this environment.
Very fast paced
EVS Lead (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 28, 2018
Managed by sodexo ( EVS) they have the account there so we had to do ALL the work. For what they pay EVS, it’s definitely not worth it. They expect the workers to perform higher than usual when the hospital is at maximum capacity. It’s strenuous at times.
Pros
Clinical staff and docs are friendly
Cons
Low pay
Very nice place to work
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 25, 2018
My coworkers are very nice to work here. Especially my unit in IMC, pretty much in all unit. we all work together. However, the higher management is a different story.
Pros
Amazing team work
Cons
Poor Upper Management
Good staff like the location
Healthcare Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 21, 2017
17 years as a tele tech and unit Secretary they went to the tele room 3 years ago l took a unit secretary position then with no warning it was deleted
Pros
Love the staff good location
Cons
No one talks to staff about whats going on
great place to work!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 8, 2017
Great place to work. My manager was very gracious. The interdisciplinary team I worked with was incredible! There was endles opportunity for learning and advancing my career.
Good job, if you can keep it
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 25, 2017
To work here get your BSN and all available certifications. Always remember this is a corporation. I wish the had given me more notice before eliminating my position (LPN) after 17 yrs.
Material management
Material Management (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 2, 2017
The environment in which I work was fast paced but well balance, The company overall is a great company to work for. the friendly faces were the best part
there is still room for improvement.
RN Staff Nurse-ohrr/sicu (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 27, 2017
my 2 years there were not as bad but there are things that needs polishing especially in the icu.ancillary needs priority.salary is competetive.education needs to be adressed.
Becoming very corporate
Charge Nurse duties (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 5, 2017
Corporate is now starting to try and cut benefits, lay people off without notice, and outsource employees. Although we are very busy, we have insufficient staff support.
Pros
Good pay/benefits, nurse union
Cons
Trying to cut benefits, provide less support for nurses
Great career job, benefits and pay were excellent, very fast paced office
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 30, 2017
I still would of been working at Mountain View Hospital, however when our office went electronic, over half of the staff was layed off. It was a great experience for me.
Pros
Pay and benefits were excellent
Cons
Was given the month and year we were going to be layed off
Wonderful place to work
Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 24, 2017
Everyone that i worked with and along side of were so great. I looked forward to going to work every day. The pay was perfect and I loved the atmosphere.
Great place to intern
Non-paid Internship Observing Physical Therapy (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 13, 2017
The staff of the physical therapy department are all very friendly people. Interning there is a magnificent learning opportunity and would recommend it to anyone.