Mountaire Farms Inc Employee Reviews

Good benefits excellent 401k
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Siler City, NCMay 15, 2019
Room for growth, plenty of opportunity if you work hard and prove you desire to help the company be successful. Fast paste, that’s the way it works in the chicken business.
Pros
Great health insurance and retirement plan
Cons
Every other weekend
Productive place with good co workers
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Millsboro, DEApril 25, 2019
I would recommend Mountaire farms to a friend, of they wanted a good work/life balance and benefits. The pay is fair, and only gets better the longer you stay.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Don’t pay good bad hours
Hatchery Worker (Current Employee) –  Siler City, NCApril 12, 2019
I really am a work somewhere else. Because there should be more hours and better pay I really want to get paid good so I can live on my own and start a family
Not a good work life balance
Wastewater operator grade 3 (Former Employee) –  Selbyville, DEApril 8, 2019
The young men are very lazy either don’t show up on time for work or don’t show up at all, sleep through the whole shift push their work responsibly on others supervisor ignored the problems. many safety issues it’s all about appearance they talk safety but rarely do it the plant desperately needs work done bulk hypochlorite tank had bad leak and management was very slow to order replacement getting a 5000 gallon load was a roll of the dice . I must say going into the job I thought a Christian run company would be a great job but after working there I regret to say I was wrong on many levels I worked every weekend for over a year was early to work every day while most of my coworkers we late or just didn’t show up never written up for it corrected supervisor turned his head and ignored all the problems let a eight year level three dependable operator leave to keep the lazy kids
Pros
Pay
Cons
Pathetic manage
They don’t care about your health
Scale Operator (Current Employee) –  Lumber Bridge, NCMarch 24, 2019
Mountaire does not care about your health. You can be sick in the hospital or even get in a car accident and they will still give you points. Those points add up fast. You can have a miscarriage and they will tell you to get back to work.
Pros
Great weekly pay.
Cons
Short breaks. Hard to request days off
Just don't.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Lumber Bridge, NC 28357February 14, 2019
Working for Canteen or the plant gives you about the same experience. If you want to keep your sanity in tact, just don't. Oh and HR won't do anything about it so good luck with that.
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything.
Good benefits
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Red Springs, NCDecember 13, 2018
Production workers and Management were easy to get along with. Job was easy after getting used to it. Pay was great for what the job title was. Great health benefits.
Pros
Benefits, People, Good Pay
safety
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Selbyville, DEDecember 12, 2018
great environment to work for. Safety is a plus. Communication is the key. Mountaire is great company i would refer people to work within. Great pay and benefits.
Pros
every year picnic
Cons
healthcare
Productive but not helpful
Packing and picking (Former Employee) –  Lumber Bridge, NCDecember 7, 2018
Not to found in helping when your in need but when you learn on your own there mad. All around a good place to work for the money. Hours are good to work.
It paid, but was all work
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Lumber Bridge, NCNovember 15, 2018
I worked for about a year and they gave across the board pay raises. the raises weren't based on anything besides the hourly rate so as a maintenance mechanic and welder, I got paid the same as just a maintenance mechanic. The hours and the pay rate allowed for a decent living but only had one day off a week if that lucky. There were times it'd be a month without a day off. But the benefits were good and they are lenient on many things.
Pros
Benefits, work experience
Cons
time off, poor management
Ok place to work
Processing Trainer (Former Employee) –  Millsboro, DEOctober 15, 2018
Need a change in jobs I have nothing bad to say about Mountaire Farms have great benefits and a lot of opportunities the company has 1 million hours of safety which we are awarded gifts.
Culture of Inward Mindset. Push for more or expect less.
Area Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Lumber Bridge, NCOctober 11, 2018
Extremely fast paced. Downtime can not happen in an environment of 640,000 birds processed daily. Management is encouraged to push every person as hard as they can. The turnover rate is astronomical.
Pros
Pay and Benefits.
Cons
Zero Empathy, Push Push for More, People are treated like objects, Long hours with little time off.
A day at a chicken plant
2nd Shift Maintenance Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Lumber Bridge, NCOctober 9, 2018
A typical day at Mountaire Farms, started at 1:30 pm and ended at 1 am. The work environment is a fast pace, and there was not a lot of communication between shifts, so we would walk into machine down and know nothing about it. When we would tell the manager he would act like we were lying, I cannot work for a place like that, even when we would go over he head to his boss nothing would change it would get worst. So that was the main reasoning for leaving but the other reason was, I have seen my coworkers more than I see my own family and kids, I can't do that.
Pros
Shift coworkers were like family and we would do anything for each other
Cons
Pay wasn't the best, and it seamed like the company care more about the product than the employees
Products
Team Leader I (Current Employee) –  Lumber Bridge, NCSeptember 17, 2018
For the Production and progretion for the next better future.
And arrangements for the family and stuff
Make life secure of being charitable organizations
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Healthcare
Fast pace / stressful
Yield Tech (Former Employee) –  Lumber Bridge, NCAugust 17, 2018
Mountaire Farms Inc. Is a descent company overall to work for, but needs a lot of improvement in their management and workplace. It can be for the most part hazardous.
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
Management / work environment
productive
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Lumber Bridge, NCAugust 3, 2018
Good management in the industry, safe workplace, I learned how to work in team and with a hundred of people and how to handle a situation in this kind of workplace.
Great Learning Enviroment
Maintenance Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Lumber Bridge, NCMay 20, 2018
The Company and Plant has expanded Greatly since 2007. This has created personal growth opportunities and the Company rewards for achievement. The daily operation is production driven as maintenance provides support to minimize downtime. Most days shift starts with mechanic brief and then support on the floor. Projects are given and plans are made during the week for weekend maintenance projects. My daily Superintendent duties include Mechanical Downtime, Food Safety prevention, KRONOS Update, Daily Log Update and send out, Parts Order and Requisitions. One of the most difficult part of the job is the requirement to switch up shifts for personnel issues. Also the requirement to work Saturday Production sometimes with little notice.
Pros
Good People, Good Benefits, Monthly & Annual Bonus
Cons
Lack of notice of weekend work at times, Mechanic Turnover, Changing Shifts
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Selbyville, DEMarch 21, 2018
I loved the people there they were very friendly and respectful
Great environment to safely matter. Quality chickens to customer. Probably the best place I enjoyed working.
Pros
Free great things.
Cons
Give away shirts and things like tv
Fast paced environment and hard on the hands
Line worker (Former Employee) –  Lumber Bridge, NCFebruary 6, 2018
A typical day at work, a person stands on a production line for hours on end at a time. There is not much to learn except the various stages of processing chicken parts. Management is too busy to tend to individual workers. Its very demanding work with not much culture involved. The hardest part of the job is keeping your hands in good working condition. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the last pieces of poultry come down the line.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Very little compassion for the workers
workplace
Line Assembler (Former Employee) –  Lumber Bridge, NCJanuary 6, 2018
its was quite interesting. Learned a lot and met a lot of interesting people. spent more time at work then with my family. Very stressful day to day job.
Pros
money
Cons
long work days