Mountaire Farms of Delmarva Employee Reviews

fast pace and hard work
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Selbyville, DESeptember 20, 2018
management was fair great co workers but the work conditions are very cold and wet.some postions require a lot of moving around others are stationary.
Pros
good food
Cons
hard work
It is not fun to work at Mountaire, you only smile on Friday when you see your net pay.
Human Resource Representative (Current Employee) –  Selbyville, DEMarch 8, 2018
Good compensation and good benefits. This is the only poultry company that pays yearly bonus to even line workers. However, the environment is very stressful and treatment is given to employees based on their color, their race, and their ability to speak English or Spanish.
Pros
Frequent treats from the Safety Department; Good benefits
Cons
Very racial discriminatory workplace on the production floor, HR always has political response to complaints.
general labor
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Millsboro, DEFebruary 12, 2018
I work in a line hanging chicken on the line. you had to move at a very fast paced. I learned to how to cut chicken. I learned how to remove fats from the meats. I learned how to remove bones from the meat. The hardest part of the job is it very cold int processing plant.
Pros
it is an excellent place to work
Cons
the breaks are short and it is very cold in there
Job at Mountaire
Shop Foreman / Master Technician (Former Employee) –  Selbyville, DEDecember 29, 2017
Working on vehicles at Mountaire kept me busy. I was able to work with people that respected the job that I performed day to day. I was able to work on all types of vehicles.
Pros
Stayed busy.
Cons
Overwhelming at times.
This is the job for you, if you enjoy being made to feel like disposable garbage.
DAF Operator (Former Employee) –  Millsboro, DEDecember 6, 2017
Let me lead by saying that the Human Resources team is incredibly biased toward the management. They aren't there to listen to a word you say. They are there to tell you that the management is right, you are wrong, and nothing management asks of you will ever be considered unreasonable. Everything is 'part of your job', because your job description always has a line at the end saying, "Any task given to you by a supervisor," or something similar.

They will treat you as disposable tools. You will work long hours in poor conditions, constantly exposed to H2S and other harmful airborne particles, and no amount of complaining to management or HR will change your situation. You will be told to do things you don't feel comfortable doing, and to put yourself into dangerous situations to do them, and you will be fired if you say no, as long as HR disagrees with your assessment of what is and is not reasonable.

Despite those conditions, you will be underpaid and underappreciated. You will work your twelve hours a day feeling miserable and despising every second as you choke on the smell of blood and rendered meat and go home smelling like you crawled up from a sewer; and you will do it just to make ends meet, because Mountaire doesn't care how poor your quality of life is, as long as you're slaving away for them so they can continue getting fat on your sacrifice.

And if you think it gets better once you advance within the company, guess again, because Mountaire loves to hire new supervisors and managers from outside the company, meaning you will never rise from being the insignificant
  more... garbage they believe you to be.  less
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Short breaks, indifferent and cruel management, zero opportunity for advancement, poor pay, no incentives, horrible work life balance
Every day is a new day
Employee Labor Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Selbyville, DEMarch 17, 2017
In this environment you have to learn to be flexible. Things change in the blink of an eye, and with this one has to know how to roll with the punches.
save worker are winners.
condbone (Former Employee) –  DelawareJanuary 11, 2017
The typical day at Mountaire Farms of delmarva is how to respect your job .
I learned the way how people work in the U.S and how to get money in sincerity way .
The hardest part of the job was condbone the part where I supposed to work at , It was hard but it was alright .
The most enjoyable part is the condbone too, because there is alot of people talk to you and that why it seems nice to me .
Cons
Healthcare
Corrupt Management
Wet Cooler Laborer (Current Employee) –  Selbyville, DEMay 22, 2016
Mountaire Farms of Delmarva has Corrupt Management & Human Resources Departments. There is entirely too much favoritism & unfairness.
Productive and enjoyed my job
Waste Water Treatment Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Selbyville, DEJuly 29, 2014
I mainly worked by myself. It was night shift and I was able to stay busy at all times. I was always looking for something to do so it was done for the following day.
Strenuous labor but got easier as time went on
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Selbyville, DENovember 2, 2013
I arrived to work at about 4:45 P.M. to set up where each kind of chicken was to be placed after morning shift got off and the line had stopped running. You had to be quick though because the line could start back up again anywhere after 5 when night-shift started their work. Once the chicken boxes started coming down the line there was a mixture of 40 pound boxes and 70 pound tubs. My first couple of weeks I was VERY sore but got used to the pain as I started building muscle from the continuing work. I would get two 15 minute breaks during my shift and a forty-five minute lunch. I would normally get off at around 2:30 to 3:00 A.M. and would wake up at 7:00 to go to school every Tuesday and Thursday and managed to get a B average in all my classes that I took.
Pros
I worked night shift and was able to go to school in the mornings.
Cons
I would be tired and it had a negative effect on my left elbow.