Mountaire Farms Employee Reviews

a chellenge
wings line (Former Employee) –  Lumber Bridge, NCJune 24, 2019
This job has taught me alot I have learn some many things while working there the people out there aS so outstanding if we have any issue with Nything we Wil talk it out in a mAnner way
Moutnaire showed me how to brcome and leader and to work hard for what I wanted
Line Leader/Line worker (Former Employee) –  Lumber Bridge, NCJune 16, 2019
My experience and moutnaire allow me to grow and to become a person that i didnt realize i were. I enjoyed the experience and would definitely go back if asked to.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Shortbreaks, temperature, smell outside
Great people. Great place to learn, develop, and grow
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lumber Bridge, NCJune 8, 2019
Every place has it pros and cons.

There is room for growth. Pay very well according to industry standards. Great employees. Learned something new everyday.

Upper management could make days hard and stressful. Took a lot of training but never used it. Rules changed everyday. It wasn’t what you knew but who you knew.
Pros
Pay, people, room for advancement
Cons
Not very professional and favoritism
Good Job
Thigh and debone Worker (Former Employee) –  Lumber Bridge, NCMay 30, 2019
I enjoyed my time there but it is not a flexible job. There is a set amount of days you can miss, both personal and sick days. As you work longer in the company more day are available.
Good benefits
Whole leg deboner (Former Employee) –  Lumber Bridge, NCMay 27, 2019
I liked working there doing my job to the best of my ability. I loves most of my co workers, and I also think that some of the supervisors where equal opportunity people they help everyone not just some of the workers.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Mangement pooe
Line Worker
Line worker (Former Employee) –  Lumber Bridge, NCMay 24, 2019
Cold fast past environment, great at educating their employees on rules and regulation of the company. The job can cause physical and mental stress, poor management.
Pros
Great Benifits
Cons
Poor Management
Good job
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Selbyville, DEMay 23, 2019
Working at Mountire Farms was a physical job and was easy once you learn the work. It also was a job i liked because of the physical work and how sanitary the work enviorment was.
Not good.
Line Leader (Current Employee) –  Lumber Bridge, NCMay 22, 2019
There is to much favoritism. They was never organized. There was alot that need to be done to security and they safety of their employees. They work regardless of weather conditions.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Not safe
Job is a job
Packer (Former Employee) –  Selbyville, DEMay 19, 2019
Like I said a job is a job but there is no way that I was going to let those supervisor talk any type of way to me they do have a lack of respect for you just nasty
I don’t recommend this place
Breast Trimmer (Former Employee) –  Lumber Bridge, NCMay 18, 2019
Job is time consuming , you’re underpaid, they lie about you moving around the company after you did your time and work so hard . They talk to anyone any kind of way, theyll let you know that theyll fire and replace you.
Tray Aide (Former Employee) –  Selbyville, DEMay 7, 2019
Pace yourself. Pay attention to details. Learn your job. Do not focus on gossip. Listen to your supervisor. Be a leader not a follower. There is always a downside but stay positive and focused!
Diverse and great workplace with outstanding cafeteria
VRT/stackoff (Current Employee) –  Lumber Bridge, NCMay 1, 2019
I would recommend mountaire farms to anyone looking for a full time career. Theres unlimited opportunities and diversity, great benefits and 40 hours a week .
pretty good place to work
Thigh Debone (Former Employee) –  Lumber Bridge, NCApril 15, 2019
just did my work and leave with no problem..pretty straight place to work..the pay is good and the amount of hours you get is good..i would go back to work there.
Supervisor
Supervisor Debone Department (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 13, 2019
This is the worst place ever to work for. Please if you reading this do not ever work for them. The working conditions are terrible. Absolutely no team work, management is very selfish. Just pass this place by.
Fun workplace
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCApril 8, 2019
Was a good workplace to work at. The people was fun and easy to work with. I like the fact that the supervisors was easy to work and easy to help you out.
Not as paced as i thought
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Selbyville, DEApril 3, 2019
Boring, not as fast paced as I want, not a family oriented company like they tell you they are. They don't go thru criteria after your hired, like breaks or meals. You get told one thing but other things are being done.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks
Good place to work if you like getting paid every week
Ossid operator (Former Employee) –  DelawareApril 2, 2019
Good place to work but you have to be a hard worker and come to work everyday there's good benefits and a on site doctor that always on call you will get a full paycheck every week
Truck Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Millsboro, DEMarch 25, 2019
It's a good place to start your life off, staying there should never be in ones plan, i used it as a stepping stone to something better. As i stated just a stepping stone.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
its ok
Line Technician (Current Employee) –  Selbyville, DEMarch 25, 2019
a day consist of up an down good leadership sometimes emplyees work hard somes they dont if emploees got a desent pay like 15.oo a hour or a thank you for your hard work not a free lunch or a cup or some gift money is war we nned money is needed pay bills some peopkle that work at this plant are barely making it its sad to here some stories itll b be nice if manangement was more worried about people likje they worry bout this chickens without people chickens wont gwt processed an yes without them we wont have a jobbbb.
Pros
ok
Cons
ok
Fast paced and stressful.
Industrial Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Lumber Bridge, NCMarch 21, 2019
Overall Mountaire is a good place to work. The pay is reasonable and they have reasonable benefits. Biggest concern I've had as an employee is the unstable work schedule for maintenance and unstructured classifications for maintenance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mountaire Farms. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight