Movado Employee Reviews

Small family business approach
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 8, 2018
Connect directly with CEO, global company run via small local offices.
Strong recommend specially if in the NY area. Great opportunity to build career in the fashion industry.
Pros
People
Cons
Long term industry risk
Ok
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Gurnee, IL 60031June 27, 2018
Sale driven company, increasing sales is the main priority. Eat, breath, sell Movado to survive or get the boot. Fun work environment but very very slow.
Pros
good brand
Cons
Slow sales
Reaching personal monthly goals is fun and rewarding
P/T Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLJune 26, 2018
A typical day at work involves setting up the store and breaking down each day. This entails carrying out watch stock from backroom and opening of cases as well as counting out cash drawers. The management team is good about keeping you abreast of changes and your goal for the day. The work culture is great as we are a small team and all respect and help one another. The hardest part of the job is when there is low traffic yet you still have to meet your monthly sales goal so we have to find ways to add on another watch to sell or cleaning products to bump up our units per transaction. The most enjoyable part of my job has been meeting and working with the customers. They make my day! Our store is located right off Highway 95 so we sell to a number of travelers from near and far. It's fun to learn about where they are from and then share with them the knowledge and beauty of various watches.
Pros
Working with upbeat people. Earning sales spiffs towards watch purchases.
Cons
No benefits as a part time employee
Awesome company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INMay 14, 2018
Working at Movado makes you feel like you're a part of a large family. Upper management is never too busy to hear your concerns or your ideas. Your work/life balance is important to them.
Pros
Bonus incentives
Movado
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ellenton, FLMay 14, 2018
I sold watches at a store inside of an outlet mall. The training was provided by other employees as well as manuals. As a part-time employee it was difficult for clients to be assigned to me when I was not there. As a result commissions were not accurate.
I did enjoy meeting customers and providing them a good product.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Movado did not provide any where on the floor to sit.
Not bad but not great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clinton, CTMay 14, 2018
Pros: I liked working on sizing watches and working with customers to find something they'd like. I liked working the cash register and helping set up and breakdown at the beginning and end of the day.

Cons: The training was terrible. I never knew what I was doing and eventually quit due to the poor training. The management wasn't great or very involved at all. I didn't like working until 10pm sometimes or working weekends. Snobby customers and coworkers. The commission was negligible.
Awful
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kittery, MEMay 13, 2018
I have been I Retail Management for over 20 years. This is the worst company that I have ever been associated with.
The culture is toxic. The customer base is fragmented.
Great Corporate Environment
Metro Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2018
MGI's work culture is relaxed without being unproductive. Everyone pushes one another to achieve their individual and the company's goals. Would recommend!
Great atmosphere, wish I had more involvement in bigger projects
Inventory and Demand Planning Intern (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJApril 17, 2018
The people I worked with in the Demand Planning department were incredible and so willing to work with you on anything and everything. For me, I did not see growth in that department, and at the time I did not believe that this position was my perfect fit, so that is why my internship was short term.
Call Center Representative/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Moonachie, NJApril 16, 2018
Great place to work! Once your training is complete and you're comfortable with the job itself, the work is really a breeze. You don't take your work home with you. Just come in on time, answer the calls best you can, ask questions if you need help, remember the answers you're given, go home and relax. Mon-Fri, 9-5, can't complain.
Pros
Your half hour lunch is paid.
Cons
Half an hour isn't enough. But at least it's paid for.
A bit boring, poor management
Third Key (Former Employee) –  Dawsonville, GAApril 9, 2018
Just like in all of retail, your satisfaction is greatly influenced by the management you happen to be given. I've had great management with an actual ability to lead, but not at Movado.
Strong company but it is challenging to advance
Manager, Product Development / Project Management (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJMarch 28, 2018
Strong foundation but not as progressive of a company as other competitors in the marketplace. Salary is often not comparable to the work but the hours lend to a good work-life balance.
Great environment, lots of work with retail managers
Retail IT Systems Co-op (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJMarch 22, 2018
First thing when I got in I had a check last for making sure all equipment and data is running properly for 40+ retail stores
Acted as a help desk for retail stores
great place
International Shipping (Former Employee) –  Moonachie, NJMarch 21, 2018
in a tipical day at work i would ship watches to different countries. i enjoyed being busy. i enjoyed the food. the menu changes every day. the guava and cheese empanadas taste great. and i also enjoyed being useful.
Amazing Company!
Merchandising Intern (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJMarch 12, 2018
I interned for them and loved it! they were so wonderful! I learned more interning here than I did my whole four years in college. I would highly recommend this company.
Movado has a great history for Swiss watches at a great price
Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 17, 2018
Movado is a busy and fun place to work however, I'm looking for a different challenge for myself I would like to try something new and refreshing to expand my sales ability.
Pros
Great store hours
Cons
Better insurance would be great / only 1% commission starting until you sell 150k
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJFebruary 17, 2018
Great place to work. Loved the atmosphere people and enjoyed the work. Very focused on employee moral. Great pay, benefits and discounts to employees.
More Good than Bad
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXFebruary 8, 2018
Movado was one of the best places I have worked. They have watches ranging from inexpensive fashion to high end luxury, and you have the opportunity to learn a lot about the product and industry. Customer service and product knowledge are key to success here. Pay rate is very good for retail, and they offer a very good benefits package. The level of training depends on the manager you work for. There should be in depth training to learn about all the different styles and features, as well as how to do basic service like battery changes and size adjustments. Unfortunately, our location's new manager didn't like to train or learn anything herself so the store's customer retention and satisfaction levels fell. In my tenure there I never fielded so many complaints or saw that much turn over. The company has a great culture, fun, great sales contests, and very progressive. But if your immediate manager isn't up to the task, the whole store suffers and it's difficult to get corporate to see the problem.
Pros
Great co-workers, client relationships, fun work culture.
Cons
Understaffed corporate, lack of support from upper management, needs more uniform training.
busy, not good moral
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJJanuary 25, 2018
Supervisors speak inappropriately.
No moral in this customer service environment.
Continuous overload of work
the CEO knows your an employee and cant even lift his head to acknowledge your existence passing you by in the hallways.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vacaville, CAJanuary 23, 2018
All you need to to is selling.You need to know the basic knowledge of watch, a good customer services skill, and teamwork spirit. The management is pretty good.