Movement Mortgage Employee Reviews

Nice people, however no job security.
Presubmit Concierge Processor (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 15, 2018
Nice work culture, enjoyed the job.
The managers were very helpful and team oriented. However the job security is not good, a lot of unexpected lay-offs.
Pros
Free Breakfast on Friday
Cons
Lack of job security
Not Productive
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Indian Land, SCJune 12, 2018
Employees are clocked in but do not work for hours. The managers are passive and will not deal with situations as needed. Employees take full advantage of their managers. They do not value the employees that actually do their work.
June 13, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are always looking for ways to develop our managers and will keep your comments in mind as we move forward with our professional development efforts. Good luck to you in the future.

Great Company
Loan Processor/Pre-submit Concierge (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 11, 2018
Very good employer, very helpful. The culture is amazing and most of everyone abides by it. Great opportunity, try to get in. Just be aware of the market, layoffs due occur.
June 12, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are happy you are benefiting from our strong culture - keep up the good work!

Productive and fun workplace with ping pong tables
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 7, 2018
A typical day at work starts at 8:30 after i log in i would pull my pipe line reviewing what loans needed to be looked at first then i would review my emails starting off by responding to all new emails and seeing what new documents have been sent in. I have learned so much in the 4 years i work at Movement Mortgage how to plan your day and go by your pipe line and what needed to be worked on first. The hardest part of my job was when you are working with 9 loan officers and trying to let them know that i needed to work on the loans that needed to close first and that all my loan officers are important. The most enjoyable part of my job was when i would get to contact the borrowers and let them know that there loan was approved and cleared to close and that they are now new owners of there home.
Pros
Every Friday we would have free breakfest
Cons
Health care was expensive
June 11, 2018

Thank you for your detailed feedback. We are glad you found your time at Movement both an educational and rewarding experience. Good luck to you in the future.

Casual dress code
Loan Processor and Pre-Closer (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 3, 2018
They strive to be the best. Lots of training classes or on-site training. A Gym was built recently and instructors hired for gym classes. Work hours are flexible in some departments.
Pros
free coffee, breakfast on Fridays
Cons
no breaks
June 8, 2018

We are glad you felt the benefit of our culture! Good luck to you in the future.

Movement Was Home
National Trainer and Transition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 2, 2018
Movement was truly home for me. The Culture and the love of God set this company apart from any other company I had worked for. Movement Mortgage, llc
June 4, 2018

Thank you for your glowing review! We are glad you found a home with us and wish you luck in the future!

Great Culture
Mortgage Consultant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 1, 2018
Great culture and atmosphere with a lot of job amenities. Good training with upward mobility and change within the company if needed. Good job out of school with opportunities to learn. Pay and bonus structure are on the lower end compared to other companies I have come across.
Pros
culture/atmosphere
Cons
healthcare, salary, bonuses
June 4, 2018

We appreciate your feedback and are happy you are enjoying your time with us. We work hard to provide professional and personal development opportunities for all of our employees and we are glad you are benefiting from our efforts!

Review
Loan Processor/Pre-Submit (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 31, 2018
MM helped me out tremendously and not sure where the company is going, there have been a lot of layoffs. There were alot of promises but most of the time there was no following through.
June 1, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to post a review. While we have had to make some difficult employment decisions lately, Movement is still committed to growth and development while loving and valuing its employees. Good luck to you in the future.

Movement Mortgage
Funder (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaMay 31, 2018
Great place to work. I enjoyed my time there. My role was strictly based on using your laptop 100% of the time. If you want a pure desk job, this is it. The culture at work was about improving yourself and being helpful to others. It basically accomplished this. I would suggest Movement to anyone. GL
June 1, 2018

Thank you for your constructive criticism! We are happy you benefited from our strong culture. Best of luck in the future!

Movement only loves and values its executives, loan officers and processors.
Post Closer (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCMay 25, 2018
The CEO is not personable, he doesn’t even greet people unless they work on a certain level, otherwise, you don’t exist. They are going through MAJOR job cuts and lay offs but building an ENTIRELY NEW building next door???? They are cutting back EVERYWHERE they can. There is no communication between departments and the atmosphere is too relaxed ie. headphones, literal parties on the floor while people are working (all times of the day). There is little to no advancement and caring/investment in employee’s future with the company, just do your job and leave for the day.
Pros
Free fit bit
Cons
lay offs, living up to their own “values”
May 29, 2018

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback. With the recent roll-out of Movement Leadership Academy, we are placing a concerted focus on developing our employees, both personally and professionally. We are also expanding our NSSC to further develop and expand our productive work environment. We hope you can take advantage of these benefits as you move forward in your path with Movement.

Great Place to Work!!!
Mission Control (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 17, 2018
Really Enjoyed this Company and the Mission Control Team! The manager was a great guy and effective communicator and leader among my peers and I! Great!
Pros
everything
May 18, 2018

We are grateful for your feedback and your contribution to our team! Keep up the good work!

Disappointing Experience
Market Leader (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MI & Northern MichiganMay 14, 2018
Compensation is a huge opportunity for Movement Mortgage and the ramp up for New Employees for great success throughout the company. Retention of employees is a huge opportunity. The shut down of the Central Region in the Mid-West on 5/1/18 on "How" it was done did not support to the Mission statement of Valuing and Loving People by no progression or communication of any kind on all fronts was a great concern. Decisions of opening markets and shutting them down in a very short period of time does not make sense when the area was gaining market share, and financial stability of the company is strong. Understanding Rural Markets vs. Urban Markets is another opportunity.
May 15, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Sometimes, difficult business decisions have to be made that may negatively impact certain individuals, markets, or regions which ultimately benefit the company as a whole. Going forward, we will keep your advice in mind.

False community
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 4, 2018
Company was run by Loan Officers. Quality was not even an issue until 2 yrs later when they were audited.

Managers would MAKE the loans work, even it it didnt'
May 7, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Like any growing company, we experience growing pains as we expand and improve. We will keep your feedback in mind as we move forward. Good luck in the future!

Faith based organization
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaMay 3, 2018
This is a faith based organization. There are prayer rooms all over the building nd you might be asked to participate in a team prayer. The company is about 8 years old so they are working on their processes and ever trying t improve.
Great culture and company values
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 2, 2018
Great company that values people and gives back to communities they live and work in across the US and even abroad. Great CEO, Casey Crawford is someone you can look up to and be proud to work for.
Pros
Cons
I've heard other mortgage companies pay out faster
May 7, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post a review! We are glad you benefited from our great culture during your time with us. Good luck to you in the future!

The Philosophy of the Company
Movement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 1, 2018
Tempe office does not follow the philosophy of Corporate change that exists to love and value all people. Lowest paid in the industry, and are continually asking for donations to fulfill corporates views of giving.

They don't recognize all departments for the good that come to the company. If your a Loan Officer, Processor, or Underwriter they get all the recognition. You have an entire Operations center that should all be given the dignity that they deserve. That's what corporate change is all about
Pros
Cons
Poor management
May 7, 2018

We appreciate your feedback and are sorry you did not feel the embrace of our corporate culture. We will be sure to keep your thoughts in mind as we are always looking for ways to improve our employee experience. Good luck to you in the future.

#1 in Culture
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 30, 2018
Movement Mortgage has a wonderful culture. My time with them was great fun. They however were growing too quickly and the lower management did not seem to have the training or the skill to run their teams effectively.
May 7, 2018

Thank you for your review! We are glad you had a good experience with us. Over the next year, we are placing increased focus on development of our managers and future leaders to help them guide their teams more effectively. Good luck to you!

Great environment if you know the right people
Support (Current Employee) –  Indian Land, SCApril 17, 2018
The culture of living healthy and thriving in the work place is inscribed on the walls. There are programs to help keep you active and sociable with your fellow co-workers.

The hardest part of the job is to move up because of nepotism within the company.
April 19, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you are benefiting from our Thrive initiatives. Perhaps a conversation with your manager will help alleviate your concerns about your career development.

Great culture! However, it is a fast paced and stressful environment
Mortgage Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 13, 2018
This is a great company to work for however, career advancement often depends on who you know and how much you are liked by management. They provide breakfast once every Friday which is awesome. You are also recognized by your peers
Pros
great perks insurance, bonuses etx
Cons
not enough pay, hours not flexible, not enough employee support (lLo's come first always)
April 16, 2018

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback. We are committed to the personal and professional development of each of our employees. Perhaps a conversation with your manager can help successfully steer your career development path.

A great company to work for
Condo Concierge (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA 23452April 9, 2018
Movement Mortgage is the spot to work. The were very fair when review time came around. They are a pro employee company. The culture of this company is amazing.
April 11, 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback! Good luck to you in the future!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Movement Mortgage. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.8Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight