Movement Mortgage Employee Reviews

A great opportunity for inexperienced underwriters
Mortgage Underwriter III (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaOctober 15, 2018
Prior to Movement Mortgage, the only files that I had experience in was conventional loans. Movement Mortgage gave me an opportunity to learn FHA and VA loans.
Pros
FRI morning breakfast
Cons
work/life balance
October 17, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you found your time at Movement to be a productive learning experience. Best of luck in the future.

growing pains
Quality Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCOctober 12, 2018
The company has sufferd growing pains and have gotten too big too fast. Another round of lay offs, 100 plus folks and one of the three major op centers has shut down for good.
Pros
convient, layed back atmosphere
Cons
communication problems, talented management is needed
October 15, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We value all of our employees and are saddened that this difficult market has resulted in lay-offs; however, as we move forward, we remain fully committed to the continued development of our present and future leaders. Best of luck to you.

Productive workplace
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Indian Land, SCOctober 12, 2018
Positive culture. Goal is to have a long-term impact on the individual lives of those under-served in the community. Mission is to love and value people.
October 15, 2018

Thank you for your thoughts! We are glad you are in-step with our vision to love and value our communities, even through difficult times. Thank you for your contributions to Movement. We wish you luck in the future.

Great Idea, Badly Executed
Processor (Former Employee) –  Indian Land, SCOctober 11, 2018
When I was brought on to Movement, it was refreshing that a company put some effort into caring for its employees, which Movement does very well. They have non-profit funds available to assist employees if they need it, free breakfasts on Fridays, the Friday morning meetings, and lavish Christmas parties (which I heard have been cut). I thought being in the HQ would allow me to move around since I was working on an advanced degree.

Nope.

Nepotism, poor training, and other managerial issues are tanking this company, and tanking them fast. Already had three layoffs this year (two while I was employed with them) and shut down their smallest office. This company hadn't internally looked at themselves until nearly 10 years in. They thought "hey, we're growing, that's good, right?"

Nope.

You can grow too fast, which is what Movement did. That coupled with extremely high pricing has driven a lot of the sales staff away to find better-paying gigs. Sales turnover is high, and a lot of the operations folks are Movement-bred, meaning for a lot of them, this was their first gig in the industry. This meant these folks had no other experience outside of what Movement trained them and these folks were dealing with experienced sales staff who had decades of experience and lots of times things didn't go well.

The company had a rule concerning being in your role for 1 year before being able to apply elsewhere. That was also coupled with a rule that all internal applicants were spoken to regardless of experience. I applied for a role I really wanted within one year and had
  more... to get a one-time exception to do so and was barely even followed up with by the recruiters within MM. After my one year, I applied for other roles that I never got the opportunity to interview for despite having knowledge and experience.

I was recommended for an unadvertised position that would have been perfect for me. I had experience doing similar things in my advanced degree studies. Spoke their language, knew exactly what they wanted and how to go about doing it. Did I get that?

Nepotism struck.

So I left the company and I'm glad I did. I'm paid way more for an entry-level role in a career path I want to be in, and I'm doing an excellent job.

Would hate to still be sitting on the decks of the Move-tanic right now.
Pros
Free breakfasts, nice people around you, great building
Cons
Nepotism, middle management, forcing bad loans to be closed
October 12, 2018

We appreciate your detailed feedback. We are sorry you did not feel you had the opportunity for professional growth while at Movement. As you know, we try to love and value all of our employees and feel strongly about developing our employees both personally and professionally. Thank you for your time at Movement and best of luck in the future.

Exciting new way to approach the industry
Disclosure Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 10, 2018
This is a very progressive company. They are trying to change the normal or previous way mortgages are done. They hire people that can get the job done and sustain the great culture they have on an everyday basis. It's very unique to me being in the industry for 25 years.

The benefits are excellent and it's just a place you look forward to go every morning. I met some great people working there and would recommend the experience to all.
Pros
Friday free breakfast, Starbucks coffee and fresh fruit daily
Cons
Still susceptible to market corrections
October 11, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your time at Movement and benefited from our unique culture. Best of luck in the future!

Productive workplace
Underwriter II (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 9, 2018
Quality workplace. Core values are exemplary. Excellent management in Richmond. Comfortable atmosphere. Room to learn. Free breakfast on Friday mornings.
October 10, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are glad you are enjoying your time at Movement and benefiting from our culture and leadership. Keep up the good work!

Not a good company.
Residential Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 9, 2018
This company attempts to deliver the illusion of community and employee support. The reality is that the fee top employees in management benefit from the control of a small circle of controlled salaried employees. These employees push very hard to close and contain the data bases that benefit the fee top management individuals and in that effort allow the majority of loans to fall through the cracks.
Pros
Cons
No structure
October 10, 2018

Thank you for your review. Our culture is very important to us and we work hard to ensure that all of our employees are loved and valued equally. Thank you for your contributions to Movement and good luck to you in the future.

Movement was a fine place to work.
Mortgage Processor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 8, 2018
All the employees were pretty close and was easy to talk to managers. I learned a lot but mostly through self-learning. I was given opportunities very quickly and was able to learn 5 loan type while only working a few years.
Pros
Free breakfast on Fridays
Cons
Company favors sales dept., Training not the best, lower than average pay.
October 10, 2018

Thank you for your thoughts. We are glad you enjoyed your time at Movement and felt you were able to grow professionally. Good luck to you in the future!

The best place I have worked thus far
Appraisal Support/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Military Circle Mall, Norfolk VAOctober 6, 2018
Movement Mortgage was a major part of my life for years. It was my first job in an office environment and I loved it. I gave my all to this company over the years and had seen many people come and go. Just last year we were raking in over 1 billion dollars a month but this year the market is taking its toll on the economy. The housing industry is overheating. Just to spell it all out for everyone, basically interest rates are skyrocketing and houses are becoming more expensive. In a way, all areas of this industry are increasing while wages for Americans are staying the same rate. This mean that Americans more and more are not able to afford to take out a mortgage on a new home at this time. Now more than ever, people are sticking to renting as the millennial generation is filling the market. Anyway, this has made the company I came to love fall on hard times and so they had to let many people go.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Loving and Caring Culture.
Cons
Became much more corporate in culture as business grew (lost some values and some perks)
October 8, 2018

Thank you for much for your feedback. As you so succinctly stated, the industry as a whole is going through a difficult time which has resulted in Movement needing to make some tough business decisions. We are grateful for your time with us - you will be missed as will all of our teammates to whom we had to say good-bye.

Strong belief in the mission statement
Loan Officer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INSeptember 29, 2018
Movement Mortgage is a great company to work for. They believe in advancement from within the organization. They are very involved with the community
Pros
Community Involvement
Cons
Offsite locations not as involved
October 1, 2018

Thank you for your review! We are glad you benefited from our culture while you were here. Good luck in the future!

This is a terrible place to lwork
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCSeptember 28, 2018
I worked at Movement Mortgage and disliked it very much. They did not support the people in the branches. They had the tools to be successful but didn't expand to all employees. They had favorite employees that received all the attention.
October 1, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are sorry your experience at Movement was not a positive one. We strive to make everyone feel loved and valued and to provide the opportunity for success to all of our employees. Good luck to you in the future.

OK place to work for
Junior Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJSeptember 28, 2018
OK place to work for but lack of the career growth.
Very low base salary, not to many locations/offices. Limited support and lack of the communication.
Pros
Flexible work time
Cons
costly medical benefits
October 1, 2018

Thank you for your review. We regret that you felt you did not have the opportunity to grow professionally at Movement. We are hopeful that our Leadership Academy and focus on personal and professional development help to encourage career growth in the future. Good luck to you.

productive and fun workplace
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 27, 2018
Source business through networking and close self-sourced mortgage loans to build a pipeline of business. Company truly cares about their employees and I would recommend Movement for any loan officers.
September 28, 2018

Thank you for providing your feedback. We are glad you are feeling the effects of our mission to love and value people!

Productive place
Ops (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 21, 2018
The company promotes a family culture but does not fully follow through. Overtime is not required. Not a lot of chances to further ones career. Owner is nice and personable.
September 25, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. The roll out of our Leadership Academy this year is our latest commitment to your personal and professional development. We are sorry you did not feel you had the chance to further your career while at Movement. Good luck to you in the future.

Great company
Sr. Loan Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 19, 2018
Great leadership, great programs, excellent customer service, a company that gives to community, that cares a people, that puts God's first. A Company that is build on strong foundation, and their culture is an example to community
September 20, 2018

Thank you for your positive comments. We are so glad you enjoyed your time at Movement and wish you the best in your future!

I wish I wasn't laid off
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 18, 2018
This is easily the best company I've ever worked for. You don't have to have any experience doing the job, they train you well. Easily one of the most employee oriented jobs ever created. The only problem with this job, is that it's based on how the economy is doing. I along with many others were laid off due to the housing market going through a decline. But man, what a great company
September 19, 2018

Thank you for your effusive feedback. We are glad you benefited from our employee-centered culture while you were here. Good luck to you in the future!

Would not recommend
Underwriter II (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 18, 2018
MM has a great workplace culture. However, MM does not pay enough salary compared to other mortgage companies in the area. Benefits are okay, not the best.
September 19, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are sorry you felt Movement did not pay at a competitive rate. Good luck to you!

Great Company
Concierge Lead (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 17, 2018
Company started out as a small business and grew extremely fast. Everyone was tempered by large amounts of files and performing to high industry standards at the same time.

It's incredible how far the company has gone. There are the good days and then the "Holy cow how many?
days!

They definitely try and take care of you with a pretty great 401K matching and some other good benefits. They had a gym in our building and cafe's.
Pros
Fun Environment, Free Coffee, Cafe, Gym, Gym Memberships
Cons
Typical Stress from End of Month
September 19, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are you benefited from our many efforts to love and value our employees. All the best in your next endeavor!

Up and coming Leaders in the Mortgage Industry
Mortgage Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Indian Land, SCSeptember 17, 2018
The CEO has a passion for others.....both in the mortgage business and in your life there in the office.He listens to your ideas and encourages you to grow and make as much money as you want to make if you are on commission.

I am not sure about the inside positions for $$$ since I have only been a loan officer for the last 24 years and was not privy to others information.

The hardest part for me was keeping my family and church involved in my life.

The most enjoyable was the atmosphere of caring for our clients and employees.
September 19, 2018

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are encouraged to hear that you felt your time at Movement was a positive experience. Good luck to you in your next step!

Misleading and uncaring l. They claim to be all about change in the workplace but they only want to fill chairs and have no interest in their emp
Sr. Underwriter 4, Conventional / VA (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 2, 2018
They company is only a smoke screen. They claim to be “Movement of Change “ and that they are about the employees. They have a foundation for employees to donate to Incase they have a major medical problem that is supposedly to be available to you if your injured or become ill. Instead they FIRE you. It is impossible to get any assistance from the Love Works foundation I know of FOUR employees who have been terminated because they became ill and would be on long term disability!! I had cancer and was fired because they wouldn’t accept my doctors info and requested it to be recompleted and then denied me stating the paper work wasn’t submitted in a timely manner. I contacted the owner Casey Crawford multiple times and never received one reply. They also transferred their profits to their non profit foundation. How conievient
Pros
Cons
Too many to list.
September 4, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. As you know, we exist to love and value all of our employees, especially in their times of need. Love Works was specifically created to, among other things, serve our employees in times of crisis. We are sorry your experience with Love Works was less than positive; we will keep your comments in mind as we continually grow and improve. We wish you luck and good health in the future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Movement Mortgage. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.7Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight