Movement Mortgage Employee Reviews

Great Culture growing pains for 2018
Loan Officer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 27, 2018
Great idea with plenty of assistance. Need Upper Management accountability. There wasn't transparency with Management to Sales force. Check their last layoffs.
November 28, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are always looking for ways to improve and will keep your thoughts in mind as we move forward. Good luck to you in the future!

Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Northville, MINovember 20, 2018
Excellent processing and committed to customer satisfaction. I enjoyed my time there and the support of the management team and the overall conditions.
November 26, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us. Good luck to you in the future!

Great culture
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaNovember 19, 2018
Movement Mortgage was one of the most unique companies I had the opportunity to work for. Even though I was displaced, I was impressed with the culture of the company.
November 20, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us. Best of luck in the future!

okay place to work
Branch Manager / Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Kernersville, NCNovember 12, 2018
folks there are nice and pleasant to work with, they are very help when help is needed. great company culture God first family second and job etc third
November 13, 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are glad you benefited from our culture while you were with us. Good luck in your next job!

You never heard from anyone unless you where in trouble
Mortgage Loan Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PANovember 3, 2018
This company states that it is a christian based company, but it is not. They never contact you unless it is an issue or they need you to do something that isn't really your job. It's like you are on an island.
The best part of the job was that I was able to work from Home and I did have a great relationship with my Loan Officers and processors.
Pros
work from home
Cons
lack of communication from management
November 5, 2018

Thank you for your thoughts. We are sorry you did not benefit from our strong community and culture. We are always looking for ways to improve and will keep your feedback in mind as we move forward. Good luck to you in the future!

Lack of Core Values
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 31, 2018
No loyalty to very loyal employees, promotes based on Religion, no separation of Religion sends out invites to attend Church at work if decline you are not promoted.
Pros
Spends too much money on parties, food charities
Cons
Employees have to work multiple jobs to survive with cost of living increases, not promotion if no involved in their Church
November 1, 2018

Thank you for posting a review. We are sorry you felt you did not have an opportunity for growth while at Movement. Although Movement embodies Christian values, all business decisions, including promotions, are based upon employee performance and business needs. Good luck to you in the future.

Can be a great place if you know the right people.
Closer III (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaOctober 26, 2018
This company definitely favors the 'in crowd". They have decent perks a lot of great people and if you get in with management, you're job will not be terrible. They just recently had to do a huge layoff and they typically do not let people go.
Pros
Bonus, food
October 30, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts. We strive to love and value all of our employees equally and to provide the same opportunities for growth and development. We hope your time at Movement continues to be a positive experience.

Movement Mortgage is definitely not a positive movement.
UNDERWRITER (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 23, 2018
Management is racist and evil. There are two specific women in management who everyone is aware of that uses their power to control employees in a negative manner. If you don't do what they want, they will have you fired. Please know that the first thing that will let you know that you're on their list to be fired is a false write-up. That's the game plan. Once you've been written up, it's only a matter of time (short time) before they get you out of the door. There is no way possible that the owner knows the evil energy and activity that flows through the Tempe office. He's a Christian, but these women in management are pure evil. Stay far away from that place because it's headed to the pits!
October 25, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are sorry you felt that your time at Movement was not a positive experience. Our commitment to developing leadership will hopefully help to improve our leaders across the country and provide a better overall experience for our employees. Good luck to you in your next step.

Movement
Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAOctober 22, 2018
Movement family environment makes coming to work a place you want to be at. Management cares about you as a person, not just another body to put in a desk. Their commitment to helping the community around them is a wonderful bonus to working for the company.
October 25, 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback! We are glad you enjoyed your time at Movement. Good luck to you in the future.

A great opportunity for inexperienced underwriters
Mortgage Underwriter III (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaOctober 15, 2018
Prior to Movement Mortgage, the only files that I had experience in was conventional loans. Movement Mortgage gave me an opportunity to learn FHA and VA loans.
Pros
FRI morning breakfast
Cons
work/life balance
October 17, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you found your time at Movement to be a productive learning experience. Best of luck in the future.

growing pains
Quality Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCOctober 12, 2018
The company has sufferd growing pains and have gotten too big too fast. Another round of lay offs, 100 plus folks and one of the three major op centers has shut down for good.
Pros
convient, layed back atmosphere
Cons
communication problems, talented management is needed
October 15, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We value all of our employees and are saddened that this difficult market has resulted in lay-offs; however, as we move forward, we remain fully committed to the continued development of our present and future leaders. Best of luck to you.

Productive workplace
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Indian Land, SCOctober 12, 2018
Positive culture. Goal is to have a long-term impact on the individual lives of those under-served in the community. Mission is to love and value people.
October 15, 2018

Thank you for your thoughts! We are glad you are in-step with our vision to love and value our communities, even through difficult times. Thank you for your contributions to Movement. We wish you luck in the future.

Great Idea, Badly Executed
Processor (Former Employee) –  Indian Land, SCOctober 11, 2018
When I was brought on to Movement, it was refreshing that a company put some effort into caring for its employees, which Movement does very well. They have non-profit funds available to assist employees if they need it, free breakfasts on Fridays, the Friday morning meetings, and lavish Christmas parties (which I heard have been cut). I thought being in the HQ would allow me to move around since I was working on an advanced degree.

Nope.

Nepotism, poor training, and other managerial issues are tanking this company, and tanking them fast. Already had three layoffs this year (two while I was employed with them) and shut down their smallest office. This company hadn't internally looked at themselves until nearly 10 years in. They thought "hey, we're growing, that's good, right?"

Nope.

You can grow too fast, which is what Movement did. That coupled with extremely high pricing has driven a lot of the sales staff away to find better-paying gigs. Sales turnover is high, and a lot of the operations folks are Movement-bred, meaning for a lot of them, this was their first gig in the industry. This meant these folks had no other experience outside of what Movement trained them and these folks were dealing with experienced sales staff who had decades of experience and lots of times things didn't go well.

The company had a rule concerning being in your role for 1 year before being able to apply elsewhere. That was also coupled with a rule that all internal applicants were spoken to regardless of experience. I applied for a role I really wanted within one year and had
  more... to get a one-time exception to do so and was barely even followed up with by the recruiters within MM. After my one year, I applied for other roles that I never got the opportunity to interview for despite having knowledge and experience.

I was recommended for an unadvertised position that would have been perfect for me. I had experience doing similar things in my advanced degree studies. Spoke their language, knew exactly what they wanted and how to go about doing it. Did I get that?

Nepotism struck.

So I left the company and I'm glad I did. I'm paid way more for an entry-level role in a career path I want to be in, and I'm doing an excellent job.

Would hate to still be sitting on the decks of the Move-tanic right now.
Pros
Free breakfasts, nice people around you, great building
Cons
Nepotism, middle management, forcing bad loans to be closed
October 12, 2018

We appreciate your detailed feedback. We are sorry you did not feel you had the opportunity for professional growth while at Movement. As you know, we try to love and value all of our employees and feel strongly about developing our employees both personally and professionally. Thank you for your time at Movement and best of luck in the future.

Exciting new way to approach the industry
Disclosure Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 10, 2018
This is a very progressive company. They are trying to change the normal or previous way mortgages are done. They hire people that can get the job done and sustain the great culture they have on an everyday basis. It's very unique to me being in the industry for 25 years.

The benefits are excellent and it's just a place you look forward to go every morning. I met some great people working there and would recommend the experience to all.
Pros
Friday free breakfast, Starbucks coffee and fresh fruit daily
Cons
Still susceptible to market corrections
October 11, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your time at Movement and benefited from our unique culture. Best of luck in the future!

Productive workplace
Underwriter II (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 9, 2018
Quality workplace. Core values are exemplary. Excellent management in Richmond. Comfortable atmosphere. Room to learn. Free breakfast on Friday mornings.
October 10, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are glad you are enjoying your time at Movement and benefiting from our culture and leadership. Keep up the good work!

Not a good company.
Residential Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 9, 2018
This company attempts to deliver the illusion of community and employee support. The reality is that the fee top employees in management benefit from the control of a small circle of controlled salaried employees. These employees push very hard to close and contain the data bases that benefit the fee top management individuals and in that effort allow the majority of loans to fall through the cracks.
Pros
Cons
No structure
October 10, 2018

Thank you for your review. Our culture is very important to us and we work hard to ensure that all of our employees are loved and valued equally. Thank you for your contributions to Movement and good luck to you in the future.

Movement was a fine place to work.
Mortgage Processor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 8, 2018
All the employees were pretty close and was easy to talk to managers. I learned a lot but mostly through self-learning. I was given opportunities very quickly and was able to learn 5 loan type while only working a few years.
Pros
Free breakfast on Fridays
Cons
Company favors sales dept., Training not the best, lower than average pay.
October 10, 2018

Thank you for your thoughts. We are glad you enjoyed your time at Movement and felt you were able to grow professionally. Good luck to you in the future!

The best place I have worked thus far
Appraisal Support/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Military Circle Mall, Norfolk VAOctober 6, 2018
Movement Mortgage was a major part of my life for years. It was my first job in an office environment and I loved it. I gave my all to this company over the years and had seen many people come and go. Just last year we were raking in over 1 billion dollars a month but this year the market is taking its toll on the economy. The housing industry is overheating. Just to spell it all out for everyone, basically interest rates are skyrocketing and houses are becoming more expensive. In a way, all areas of this industry are increasing while wages for Americans are staying the same rate. This mean that Americans more and more are not able to afford to take out a mortgage on a new home at this time. Now more than ever, people are sticking to renting as the millennial generation is filling the market. Anyway, this has made the company I came to love fall on hard times and so they had to let many people go.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Loving and Caring Culture.
Cons
Became much more corporate in culture as business grew (lost some values and some perks)
October 8, 2018

Thank you for much for your feedback. As you so succinctly stated, the industry as a whole is going through a difficult time which has resulted in Movement needing to make some tough business decisions. We are grateful for your time with us - you will be missed as will all of our teammates to whom we had to say good-bye.

Strong belief in the mission statement
Loan Officer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INSeptember 29, 2018
Movement Mortgage is a great company to work for. They believe in advancement from within the organization. They are very involved with the community
Pros
Community Involvement
Cons
Offsite locations not as involved
October 1, 2018

Thank you for your review! We are glad you benefited from our culture while you were here. Good luck in the future!

This is a terrible place to lwork
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCSeptember 28, 2018
I worked at Movement Mortgage and disliked it very much. They did not support the people in the branches. They had the tools to be successful but didn't expand to all employees. They had favorite employees that received all the attention.
October 1, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are sorry your experience at Movement was not a positive one. We strive to make everyone feel loved and valued and to provide the opportunity for success to all of our employees. Good luck to you in the future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Movement Mortgage. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.7Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight