Movement Mortgage Employee Reviews

Best Place to work!
LOA/District Marketing Liaison (Former Employee) –  South Burlington, VTAugust 14, 2018
Great place, great leadership!! I was so happy I took the leap of faith and went to MM! The job was easy to learn seeing they have plenty of ways for you to learn. They have a education success path which helps many become the best they can!
Pros
Leadership
August 15, 2018

Thank you for posting! We are thrilled you are benefiting from our training and leadership programs! Keep up the good work!

job details
Government Insuring Audit Processor (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 12, 2018
Productive and fun work place, great company values. Free breakfast on Fridays and frequent company events and perks. Different structure and most companies.
Pros
great company, great culture
Cons
management
August 14, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are glad you are enjoying your time with Movement!

Fast paced, growing organization
employee (Former Employee) –  VAAugust 9, 2018
Terrific process and support for mortgage origination teams. Loan officers had the support they needed to accomplish their goals. Resources were put in place to ensure smooth transactions occurred.
Pros
Terrific process
Cons
Fast growth, very corporate feel/structure
August 14, 2018

We appreciate your thoughts and your time with us. We are glad you were able to benefit from our strong Ops team. Good luck to you in the future!

No structure if you're an LO
Jr. Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAAugust 5, 2018
Everyone's kinda winging it. It's very messy. The procedures are more like soft guidelines. The medical insurance is insanely expensive and unaffordable.
Pros
Very Employee Focused
Cons
Benefits, pay
August 6, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are always looking for ways to fine tune our processes and will keep your thoughts in mind as we grow and improve. Good luck to you!

Depends On Location
Licensed MLO (Former Employee) –  ArizonaJuly 31, 2018
Movement Mortgage is a great company with a great mission that they stand by. Nothing but good things to say about Movement Mortgage Corporate. Opt for a corporate location as opposed to a branch.
Pros
Corporate is great in all aspects
Cons
The Movement Mortgage mission falls short of reaching branches.
August 1, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We realize that our culture needs to extend to those outside of our OPs centers and are working to accomplish that goal. Good luck to you in the future!

Great Company
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJJuly 28, 2018
Movement is a great company. Really set up to help a LO. We had a personal assistant and management was very helpful. Good mentorship with a variety of specific sources of product information
July 30, 2018

Thank you for your helpful feedback. We are glad you felt loved and supported during your time with us. Good luck to you in the future!

Productive environment
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 27, 2018
Great place to work. Team environment. Great co-workers. Company provides opportunities to employees who want to grow with the company. Full benefits package
July 30, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are glad you are benefiting from our strong culture and community. Keep up the good work!

Good
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 25, 2018
It was good i would return if available anytime. I would defginitely recommend the company however there were alot of layoffs this year that are contuining.
July 30, 2018

Thank you for your thoughts. We have made some difficult business decisions this past quarter in order to better serve our communities and continue to work towards our mission. Good luck to you in your next step.

Love working for Movement but opportunity for advancement is not sufficient as they stated when I was hired.
Mortgage Loan Processor II (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 22, 2018
Goal oriented company. Opportunity for bonus every month. Salary/rate of pay not sufficient for what I do.
Company does have great culture. Laid back and fun place to work.
Pros
Family oriented, fun place to work
Cons
Salary
July 23, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We strive to fairly compensate all of our employees; perhaps a conversation with your manager can help to put you on a path to meet your financial needs. Thank you for being part of our team.

Great Place
Mortgage Loan Originator (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJuly 20, 2018
Movement Mortgage is a faith-based company that extends its hand, both physically and financially, to the communities it does business in. I wholeheartedly believe in the charity work this company does.
July 23, 2018

Thanks for posting such a positive review. Giving back to our communities is one of our top priorities and we are glad you are in step with us!

Want to know more about Movement Mortgage?

Ask a question
Great company to work for.
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 13, 2018
The company truly values it's employees. They are also very involved in giving back to the community. They offer a lot of benefits and opportunities for the employees.
July 16, 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are thrilled you are noticing our commitment to loving and valuing our employees and our communities. Good luck to you in the future!

Ability to make as much money as you want to.
Branch Manager/Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJune 29, 2018
Good company it is growing too fast which causes issues. Management is good but have their hands full with the growth. I retired from them and they gave me a nice bonus.
July 2, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. As we expand and improve, we will naturally encounter "growing pains." We are aware of our shortcomings and hope to improve as we move forward in the future. Good luck to you.

Great place to start at
Processor (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 28, 2018
This was a fun place to work with a good culture. The people and are friendly and helpful. It was a very great place to learn the basics of processing.
July 2, 2018

Thank you! We are glad you are benefiting from our unique culture and training. Keep up the good work!

Not who they say they are.
Processor (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 22, 2018
Still shocked...I was fooled by the mission statement and so called culture. Love and value people...not so. The company has some very good, talented people but unfortunately their talents and abilities go unnoticed due to subpar management and the fact they aren't "cool" with the right people.
Pros
Working hours, charitable contributions, team members.
Cons
Management, lack of transparency, lack of communication, inconsistency to enforce rules and processes.
June 25, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We love and value all of our employees and hope to instill that mindset in all levels of management. Best of luck in the future.

Class A Company
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJune 18, 2018
Movement is a large, national organization and I enjoyed working for them.
A typical day was calling leads and referral sources, meeting with clients and realtors and managing my pipeline.
The culture was a positive environment to work under and the management was all high caliber.
The office I was working in closed and I changed companies at that time.
June 20, 2018

Thank your for your positive feedback! We are glad you enjoyed your time with us. Good luck in the future.

Nice people, however no job security.
Presubmit Concierge Processor (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 15, 2018
Nice work culture, enjoyed the job.
The managers were very helpful and team oriented. However the job security is not good, a lot of unexpected lay-offs.
Pros
Free Breakfast on Friday
Cons
Lack of job security
June 20, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are glad you had a good experience at Movement. Unfortunately, difficult business decisions sometimes need to be made, as we navigate an ever-changing market. Best of luck in the future.

Not Productive
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Indian Land, SCJune 12, 2018
Employees are clocked in but do not work for hours. The managers are passive and will not deal with situations as needed. Employees take full advantage of their managers. They do not value the employees that actually do their work.
June 13, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are always looking for ways to develop our managers and will keep your comments in mind as we move forward with our professional development efforts. Good luck to you in the future.

Great Company
Loan Processor/Pre-submit Concierge (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 11, 2018
Very good employer, very helpful. The culture is amazing and most of everyone abides by it. Great opportunity, try to get in. Just be aware of the market, layoffs due occur.
June 12, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are happy you are benefiting from our strong culture - keep up the good work!

Productive and fun workplace with ping pong tables
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 7, 2018
A typical day at work starts at 8:30 after i log in i would pull my pipe line reviewing what loans needed to be looked at first then i would review my emails starting off by responding to all new emails and seeing what new documents have been sent in. I have learned so much in the 4 years i work at Movement Mortgage how to plan your day and go by your pipe line and what needed to be worked on first. The hardest part of my job was when you are working with 9 loan officers and trying to let them know that i needed to work on the loans that needed to close first and that all my loan officers are important. The most enjoyable part of my job was when i would get to contact the borrowers and let them know that there loan was approved and cleared to close and that they are now new owners of there home.
Pros
Every Friday we would have free breakfest
Cons
Health care was expensive
June 11, 2018

Thank you for your detailed feedback. We are glad you found your time at Movement both an educational and rewarding experience. Good luck to you in the future.

Casual dress code
Loan Processor and Pre-Closer (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 3, 2018
They strive to be the best. Lots of training classes or on-site training. A Gym was built recently and instructors hired for gym classes. Work hours are flexible in some departments.
Pros
free coffee, breakfast on Fridays
Cons
no breaks
June 8, 2018

We are glad you felt the benefit of our culture! Good luck to you in the future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Movement Mortgage. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.7Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight