Moxie Pest Control Employee Reviews

No work Life Balance
Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 13, 2019
No work life balance. Different rules for different people. Other Employees are cool but the job itself is kind of a pain. 12 hour days if you are fast 6 days a week.
Run away fast
Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 12, 2019
Management sucks
Have to be at office at 6 every morning
Dont leave til after 7 or 8
They follow you in an unmarked car and write you up for nonsense
Ended up quitting in the middle of the day after I caught them spying on me
good entry level
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAFebruary 12, 2019
It was a good entry level place to start as a pest control technician mainly because they will do everything in there power to make sure you are licensed.
Pros
help with applicators license
Cons
a lot of hours
A Job To Put You Through The Wringer
Technician (Former Employee) –  Grain Valley, MOJanuary 17, 2019
If you're interested in pest control, don't start with these guys. The experience however, has some value.

Management when I was there was understanding, but only to a degree.

The work and tasks on their own aren't difficult. Some days however can be overwhelming, with routes and appointments being very inconsistent. One day you might have 8 stops, the next you're expected to complete 15. You're expected to complete each stop within an hour or so on average, but I often found with many appointments where I'd be working in wealthy neighborhoods whereupon these homes would be 4000+ sqft. and there is just simply no way you're going to cover your checklist and address any particular issues within such a small timeframe. Some of these homes had underground gymnasiums - yeah, it's nuts. Additionally, working through the summer in 100+ degrees may be intense for some, though a gallon of water will take care of you through the day. Also expect some crazy hours in the summer if the team is small - I hit 70 hours in one week there, which probably isn't common but 60 hours would likely be closer to average.

What mainly spoiled the job for me however is the utter incompetence of the sales team. These guys are pretty much snake-oil salesman. They apparently are not supposed to know the names of the chemicals used and they don't explicitly explain to the customers at all what the Technicians exactly are going to be doing when addressing particular pest issues and what a routine monthly appointment is like. So many times throughout my experience customers would be surprised by what
  more... I was doing and they'd say the legendary phrase, "What are you doing?! … That's not what the salesman told me!".

This is somewhat to no fault of their own, as I was told that the owner wanted it that way, due to some nature that the salesmen would require chemical licenses in order to explain things properly. But why not? It's part of the job, right? So the owner intentional is letting his salesmen practically sell a bunch of nonsense about the entire service just to get people to sign-up on contracts. It's not a genuine practice of business at all and relies on "suckering" foolish customers who don't read the fine print, and don't understand the service, when signing up. Technicians would then be on the receiving end of VERY upset customers, who didn't want the service because they felt tricked and had remorse. I had several experiences where I was sworn at by customers, leading to passive-aggressive situations due to all of this.

You get to meet a lot people through this work. Rich, poor, families large and small - I actually ran into a well-known artist from Strange Music and even did a service on the house his wife recently bought. Some customers are also a little nutty in the head, and you have to learn to calm them when they think seeing one spider or ant in the home is an invasion (I'm not sure how those kinds of people can even live, haha). So there are some good moments. The more plain routines though were most enjoyable - go to a house, say hello, spray, etc. Done and easy.

Overall though, I just can't recommend anyone to work here.
Pros
Nice Co-workers (not sales)
Cons
Poor Business Practices, Expensive Driver Deductible, Poor Scheduling/Routes, Inconsistent
Productive, Efficient, and Proactive Workplace
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 14, 2019
This is an amazing job that can teach amazing, valuable skills that are definitely going to help in one's future. The management and work environment are what make Moxie Pest Control so amazing and successful every year. The hardest part of the job would have to be the time spent each day working hard but that is also what makes it so enjoyable.
Pros
Benefits of learning valuable life skills, Good pay
Fantastic Owner
Termite and Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 28, 2018
Great place to work. Brent is awesome and very understanding if any issues arise. Willing to work with you if you are willing to work hard for him. Loved working for Moxie.
Simply a "job"
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Grain Valley, MONovember 28, 2018
Long work hours in inclement weather; often times routes are not postponed or cancelled until multiple calls are made into the back office expressing concern of danger to employees. 6 day work weeks, no less than 10 hours, not including drive-time to/from appointments. Great people, but the almighty dollar reigns supreme when it comes down to the nut cutting.
The culture of this company is surpassed by none
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 20, 2018
Very fun, customer oriented place to work! Several departments, great trainings, family friendly, and almost everyone has a strong work ethic.
The best part about working for Moxie is the recognition. Your hard work doesn't go unseen and most promotions are done within the company.
Pros
Family activities, daily trainings, positive work ENVIRONMENT
Cons
Low starting wage
Do not work here
Office Expert (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 28, 2018
I started back in July for the Office Expert position, in the beginning it was great. My day started with answering customer phone called until 1pm, i would go to lunch and come back at 2. Then at 3 we would have our daily training. It was an easy and fulfilling job.

Until you have meetings with management about the amount of calls you are taking. If you don't meet your "call ratio" everyday, you will get written up. It doesn't matter if you are few calls short. The call ratio examples: Inbound: 27 Outbound: 135. and thats just rushing the entire work day. They offer no vacation days. Their attendance point system is ridiculous, I once got a flat tire on the way to work and i was given a full point against my attendance record. If you are not, dating, married or related to any of the higher ups, you are not safe. There is no sense of job security.

They don't care about their customers, they only care about getting their money. When you try and reschedule the customer Quarterly Maintenance, if they need to schedule a few days after its due, we have read from a script basically telling them that they need to schedule it before the month is over so we can "protect their home from pests" but in reality, they just want their money.

They treat their technicians like they are children, holding their hand every step of the way. The techs don't even do their own Call Aheads for the customers. When asked to go back to a customers home to treat for something, they say no, when clearly it was their fault and the didn't do what they were supposed to.

Overall, I would not
  more... recommend this company to my worst enemy.  less
Pros
1 hour lunches, office buys lunch twice a month
Cons
over the top expectations, no job security, lazy and incompetent technicians
Productive and Fun Workplace, learn a lot
Pest technician/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 10, 2018
Every day you get to work by 7:00,m for a morning meeting where you are trained in sales, pest control, and customer service. Then you are out of the office by 8:30. As a sales rep I worked Monday - Saturday until 9:00, and as a technician I worked Monday - Saturday until no later than 7:30. When you were done at the end of the day as a sales rep you returned back to the office to role play for the next day. Though this was not an official coming meeting it was encouraged so it was done every working day. The Managements job was to follow up with you daily and support you in accomplishing the tasks givin to you, even if that meant coming out to sell with you. They were responsive, and would get back to you promptly. The overall hardest part of the Job was the hours, though those were met with compensation and still manageable. Where the easiest part of the Job was definitely the customer service, as we were well trained and knew what to do in every situation.
Pros
Lots of incentives, and free breakfasts
Cons
Short lunch break, and long hours
Fast paced
Pest control Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 5, 2018
Great place to work, management and ceo very good people very understanding of kids and emergency, hours really depend on you how fast you can go with still being able to be productive some days you get off at 6/7 some 4, as long as you do your job you will never be fired, get numerous paid holidays
Pros
Gym membership, work truck
Cons
Very hot or very cold depending on season it’s all outside work
Time
Route Manager/Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Stafford, VAJuly 21, 2018
Great company for summer sales. Best pest control service offered in the industry. the sales trainings were excellent.

However, the issue was that I never had time with my family.
Pros
Sales trainings
Cons
No time with family
good benefits and great trainning
Technician Trainer (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJuly 17, 2018
made training fun and interactive with teams etc... also benefits were great when it came to medical, dental, vision... only downfall with the benefits was no 401k retirement program from what I remember
Wonderful and caring company with a ping pong table.
Pest Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 10, 2018
Productive company with great costumer service. There is actually a ping pong table in the office which is always great fun. A typical day would include preparing in the morning for our routes in the day. Normally we would have 5-20 homes to service that day per person. Everyday we have a training about customer service or being educated on our job as pest control technicians. The culture is really great! Everybody is very nice and we actually have a great time with each other. The hardest part about it I would say is the weather, especially in the summer with it being very hot. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting our wonderful costumers!
Pros
Great coworkers and you feel like you matter to the company.
Cons
Working out in the extreme heat.
Moxie
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAMay 23, 2018
Moxie Pest Control was a great company, i loved working for them. The job is very hard and stressful but very fulfilling when you succeed. I was a route manager for them. The company treats you very well and wants to help you better yourself
Pros
friendship
Cons
long hours, lots of rejection
Laid back work culture
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 14, 2018
I didnt intend on leaving but the work culture was not what i had intended in a job. Overall day was busy but that was about it. Work hard and no appreciation for work
It’s posted that you will get $2,300 monthly.... but in real time you’ll get paid $8.50 and overtime pay.
Technician (Former Employee) –  VirginiaApril 21, 2018
The probationary period is rough. It consist of 90 days working 6 days a week. You’ll be expected to be at the office at 7:30am during the summer and 6:30am during the winter hours. Another thing that is stated is that you’ll get paid for 10 1/2 hours, which means you’ll be automatically clocked out at 5:30pm. Therefore if you finish at 1’ o’clock you will still be compensated your 10 1/2 hours. But that’s just a gimmick said to their new employees (which the old employees are not supposed to speak on) because if you constantly finish before 5:30pm, they’ll assume that you’re not doing what you’re supposed to do (Even without any evidence of you not doing so). The life/ work balance is definately lopsided especially when you’re given 21 houses to attend to. Lastly you’re not just a pest control technician, you’re also an mobile collection agency. Each day along with the routes you are given; you’re expected to collect pass due balances from Moxie’s past/ present customers. If you fail to get a certain amount of customers, there’s minor consequences such as not advancing in the company. To be fair, there are rewards for consistent collections such as breakfast, and etc.
Pros
Overtime pay
Cons
Other pest control companies pay more with smaller routes, I’m also a collection agent, communication with call-center and customers can, and will effect your Moxie Pest resume. Loooong days and nights
Exemplary leadership
Field Trainer (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMarch 27, 2018
You couldn’t find better leaders than the ones I have encountered and worked under while an employee at Moxie Pest Contro. The pay, though, leaves a little something to be desired.
If you work hard, youll be alright.
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 21, 2018
They gave me a career which I really appreciate. But the hours the co workers the so called "parties" not all that its cracked up to be. Watch you back! They will throw u under the bus faster then a fly on......
Pros
$500+ a week company truck
Cons
Micromanaged, hidden fees
Moxie
OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  DenverMarch 8, 2018
Moxie was a good place to work. Other that the fact that they forced you to take an hour long lunch during they day things were great, dogs in the office and it was a lot of fun