MP NEXLEVEL, LLC Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
No to great to work at
Accounting Specialist/ Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Annandale, MNMay 16, 2018
No a very good place to work for. Management only cared about themselves. I was a small paw in a business that used me to train in my replacement. do not recommend
Pros
nothing
Cons
Bad mgt, structure is not good
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Maple Lake, MNApril 16, 2018
Promises are not kept no breaks even in hot weather. If you enjoy very hard work and not getting anything back this is a job for you there some very nice people who work there but some are not.
Pros
Travel if you like that
Cons
No breaks very hard work not enough pay, will tell you anything to hook you
Back stab, no loyalty
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Ramsey, MNApril 5, 2018
Treat employees poorly, take advantage. Won't pay unemployment in off season, keep employees hanging with promise of work. Unsafe practices, managers encourage shortcuts, such as climbing without safety gear and work near live power lines
excellent place to work if like traveling
operator (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaMarch 18, 2018
Great company to work for if you don't have a family good pay good benefits. Upper management very understanding. They pay for all travel expenses and give per diem.
Stressful Workplace
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Maple Lake, MNMarch 13, 2018
The workplace culture is very stressful, old school and lots of stuff was paper used instead of electronically. you cannot leave the workplace if your job is not done and it is never done.
n/a
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  TexasJanuary 10, 2018
I have really enjoyed working for this company. They have given me opportunities. They also worked with me on a different position when I had a child. I was treated with respect.
Working MP Nexlevel
Cable Splicer (Former Employee) –  Maple Lake, MNJanuary 4, 2018
A typical work week is working Monday through Saturday driving to each location to cut Fiber Remote terminals over to provide high speed DSL to outline areas.
Pros
Health care, hourly pay
very fast paced, but something different everyday
Mainline Plow Foreman (Former Employee) –  texas and new mexicoDecember 12, 2017
as a foreman always had plenty to do but the only downside was it was very hard to achieve daily production with equipment constantly breaking company definitely needs newer equipment in field.
Pros
very good pay and benefits
Cons
very stressful on family life
Quick Paced Atmosphere
Information Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Carlos, CAOctober 18, 2017
The office aspect to the construction field is mentally challenging compared to the field aspect that is physically straining. I enjoy the challenge of problem solving and working through issues or difficult decisions. It is an ever changing field and learning something new daily is commonplace.
Pros
Schedule Flexibility
Cons
Work Location/Out of Town
Traveling job
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Maple Lake, MNApril 30, 2017
Thus was a Awesome job but I travelled all over and it got old but if ur Young and don't mind it this is a good job it's rough and Hard work but u make good money and the guys u work with are good men
GREAT place to work!
Human Resources Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Maple Lake, MNFebruary 24, 2017
MP is a great place to work! I enjoy the family atmosphere and camaraderie in the office. I continue to learn new things in my job every day. MP supports continued education and will pay for classes or certifications that will help you in your job.

MP offers a full benefit package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance. There is also a retirement plan with an employer match!

I've worked at MP for 2 years and I can honestly say that I enjoy coming to work every day!
Pros
Work/Family balance
Avoid this company at all costs
Installer (Former Employee) –  Maple Lake, MNJanuary 1, 2017
They will lie to you all the time. Was promised 40 hours and was lucky to get 25. I loved my co-workers. Good luck making the 1400 hours to get vacation. Health insurance is expensive and with less hours was not affordable.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Everything else
Single? No kids / family? Perfect job for you......
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Maple Lake, MNMarch 27, 2016
Lots of traveling (unless you "know" somebody and can get on a local crew), continuous work is never guaranteed (they'll tell you you'll be laid off for a couple weeks which will turn into a couple months). They have the "everybody's replaceable attitude, high turnover rate and they don't really seem to care as long as the money keeps rolling in.
Pros
Decent insurance, 401k
Cons
See above / No reliable communication
An adventurous job with good opportunities and benefits
Operator/Foreman/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Maple Lake, MNSeptember 12, 2014
An adventurous job with good opportunities and benefits. A bit hard on a home life cause you are away alot. Some days can be a little difficult but some days can be pretty awesome. If you put good effort into your work you will get a return for it.
Pros
per deum, ok pay, see alot of different places and get to do alot of different things, great learning possibilities.
Cons
Away form home alot.
Great place to work with something different every day
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IAJuly 7, 2014
A company that provides a much needed service that will never run out of something to build or maintenance. Your outside every day in a different part of Iowa making sure people have phones and internet that they can trust to work. Good equipment with good management running the show. Steady hours in the summer and work to be done in the winter if you don't mind traveling out of state.
Network Engineer
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Maple Lake, MNJuly 3, 2014
• Managed the networks for 10 external companies and helped support the MP Nexlevel staff and network.
• Responsibilities include:
• Setup, installation, upgrades and maintenance of Windows servers/computers, printers, copiers and scanners, telecom equipment, iPhones, Androids, iPads, Surface
• Configuration of users and computers through Active Directory and Group policy
• Patch management of Windows servers and workstations
• Management of Microsoft Exchange Server
• Accurate record maintenance of hardware and software levels
• Routine auditing of systems, applications, documentation and business processes
• Network support and training provided to clients and all staff members
• Monitored external clients servers through 3rd party software
• Maintained billing system for external clients
Nice company to be with if looking for career
Tower Hand (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaJanuary 7, 2014
Loved the atmosphere while working with this company. Hardest part was working in the negative degree temps. Other than that I would recommend this company to anyone.
Family-owned and operated, fun place to work
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Maple Lake, MNOctober 8, 2013
Two brothers and their sister have brought this company from two dump trucks to a nation-wide leader in the underground utilities industry. Office staff is friendly and connected. I learned to appreciate a small company with big potential. I enjoyed being the HR Manager and working directly with upper-management. I enjoyed the responsibility of meeting the needs of both employees and the owners.
Pros
Easy drive to work, management trust, opportunity to grow my department and work with employees
would not work there again
plow operator (Former Employee) –  m.o. and k.s.May 10, 2013
thought i was going to a great place started out ok with alot of promises. soon found out that family ties are a huge plus which i did not have. people are suppose to be reviewed by area supervisor after 90 days with potential for raise at that time, the review never happened. company does not provide proper tools it is up to the employee to provide tools, such as duct cutter-pad wrench-knock off tool for rock saw teeth and other misc. hand tools. when job moved to ks was under different area manager, still had same family issues. he did not know the proper allowance for per diem although he was the area supervisor. pay is a huge issue your time is turned in by someone who is not even out on the job when you leave at the end of the day, you never see a time sheet. they promise to make up hours or per diem thew owe you but they never do. too much down time for weather. was off 6 of my last 11 weeks in ks. i have worked in utility cons. the past 7 years and never shut down week at a time for what should be one rain day. even inspector did not know why we couldnt work most days. if you know the right person or can afford to draw unemployment every time it rains then this is the perfect place. if you are here to make money and be treated fairly then i suggest looking elsewhere.
Pros
lots of time off if thats what you want
Cons
equipment, management, time off, lies, et.
Nice place to work
Locator (Current Employee) –  united statesMarch 17, 2013
Learned locating and marking skills, id types of lines to locate, Co-workers are great to work with
Pros
benifits great
Cons
seasonal layoff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MP NEXLEVEL, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.