MPC Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fast paced and Competitive
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIJune 4, 2018
Everyone there were good people and always willing to help with any situation. Jobs were always a competition and fun at the same time. Always left my job with a smile on my face at the end of the night.
Pros
Work kept me busy
Cons
Short breaks
Ups and downs of working at MPC
Machine Operator/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Prairie du Chien, WIMay 26, 2018
Offers insurance, though it is not very good. Work environment was stressful and overwhelming at times, though the job was quite easy. Supervisors were great and so were coworkers. My biggest complaint is the amount of mandatory overtime, which made home- work balance very difficult.
Supervisor is great, pay not so much
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Richland Center, WIMay 23, 2018
Loved my job, but pay was bad. Clean environment. Could work solo or with other people. Fast paced and versatile. Hours are good unless on overtime. Easy to earn vacation time. 3 paid personal days issued the first of the year.
Pros
Fast paced, clean, good hours
Cons
Pay is low. Post raise given yearly, but only average $.30
Could be better
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Walworth, WIApril 4, 2018
I actually here they are starting to get better. Management was a mess for the years I was there. Tons of wishy washy ideas of things getting with no real change. I hear they finally took some of the suggestions I made years ago and the new management sounds better as well so hard to say.
Pros
Fast Paced
Cons
Endless overtiem
Typical Factory Setting
Opetator (Current Employee) –  Richland Center, WIMarch 26, 2018
MPC was not a bad place to work. Decent benefits but low on the pay scale. The onsite wellness center is a plus. Very repetitive work and standing in one spot all day.
Over worked
Prest temper (Former Employee) –  Warren MichiganMarch 8, 2018
I was working thru a temp and worked everyday of the for 49 days straight when i started. Everybody were fir they self. The company didn't hired you in after 90 days
Pros
Overtime
Cons
One break
MPC Associate
MPC Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 11, 2018
Active worked to update cases, input daily changes in cases, learned software, computer failure, groups was enjoyable going and worked meet deadlines.
Pros
Your on pace
Cons
Computer failure
Nice people, but over promised to customers = mismanagement
Production Leader (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIJanuary 17, 2018
I liked many of the people I worked with and for. However, it became abundantly clear the company had over promised to its customers and did not have the manpower to pull it off. While touting a regional "best place to work" from 3 years ago, the real world evidence was challenging to find. The hourly workers were poorly paid and forced OT was a regular occurrence. Retention was subsequently poor which led to production issues. My training was limited to shadowing a overworked supervisor who didn't seem all that thrilled or skilled to be training. It didn't take long to see this wasn't a long term investment on my end. I left another job for this, so that was a shame. I guess I learned to ask more questions. Just because they are nice doesn't mean the company is run well. If you enjoy working tons of hours (on salary) and enjoy self-teaching your position, then give this is a shot.
Pros
Nice people, On site medical care
Cons
Poor business planning, hourly workers are low paid
Decent pay but a poor operation.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Morrison, TNJanuary 4, 2018
The work is easy, pay is good but raises are not guaranteed. Benefits are ok and you start gaining paid time off as soon as you start. Now, the leadership sucks. Bunch of kids run the office and the favoritism is terrible. HR is a joke.
Pros
Pay and benefits.
Cons
Terrible management.
Working conditions great
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIJanuary 1, 2018
Good training and working conditions. Close to my resident. Some turn over. Made a mistake and left for different job should have stayed at MPC. Have reapplied
Pros
good working conditions
Cons
Other peoples work can effect yours
Factory Job
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Walworth, WINovember 8, 2017
Similar to what you would expect from a typical factory with shifts available, work environment, and compensation and benefits. Not the most exciting place to work, but not a bad place to work either.
great company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Elmira, NYOctober 30, 2017
Work was fast paced and fun. I enjoyed almost every min of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! also it was great that they had amazing food! And boy do I miss the food.
Enjoyable
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Walworth, WI 53184October 24, 2017
I have always enjoyed working here. The people are friendly and welcoming. Benefits are great, 401k, on-site health clinic. Fitness center, trainings, and meetings
3rd shift assembly
Machine Operator/Welder/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIOctober 19, 2017
Based on favoritism.
Not much chance of work advancement.
Sexualharassment is a thing there for sure.
No vacation, you have to work weeks/months to get it and bank it up.
Horrible management.
Supervisors don't know what they are doing and are very crooked at their job.
HR is very rude.
Don't get paid for certain days sometimes and takes a while for them to fix if they ever do.
Job itself is okay not too hard unless you get always put on a harder machine.
Employees start drama and talk bad.
You get 5 points until you are suspended.
Steal toes mandatory.
Work every other weekend usually.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Poor management, favoritism, no vacation off the bat
Small privately owned company
Corporate Manager (Former Employee) –  Walworth, WIOctober 6, 2017
Small privately-owned company, the owner will occasionally stop by the offices/plants to observe but not meddle. Good pay, good benefits, Tier-1 & Tier-2 automotive supplier specializing in plastic injection moldings.
Fast paced and demanding
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Walworth, WIOctober 4, 2017
A very fast paced environment. Management could be better. High expectations. Hard to balance home life and work life being we all had to work one day out of the weekend. Room for career growth.
Wouldnt recommend this place to anyone
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Morrison, TNSeptember 25, 2017
Horrible management,bad communication never have an idea of whats going on. Liars and favorites is a big thing there. They take points off of the ones they like and let people they like lay down when they don't feel good with pay but others have to suck it up or take points
Pros
Paid vacation
Cons
Everything else
great place
Material Handler/Quality/Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WISeptember 23, 2017
good work environment and great people to work with. lots of hours worked. lots of different jobs to be worked and lots of different buildings to work in
Good Workplace.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Prairie du Chien, WISeptember 18, 2017
Co workers were nice, environment was nice. The work is easy and the job pays decently. My Manager for second shift was really great. I Would recommend this job.
Not a place for a long term career
Product Engineer (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 7, 2017
Peers are great to work with. Upper/Middle management lacks direction and drive to meet customer milstones. Creates at chaotic working culture. Extreme lack of communication and cooperation between varies company sites.