MPC Employee Reviews

machine operater , quailty control (Former Employee) –  Walworth, WIOctober 30, 2018
I loved working there till they changed there hours to 12 hour shifts. then people didn't show for there shift and you were stuck working tow 12 hr shift and no family time or time off between shifts. never seen my managers, it as great learning experience learned about a lot of parts and managing my time fixing parts and working with my employees to make the right
Rotten Egg
Office Worker (Former Employee) –  Walworth, WIOctober 25, 2018
MPC looks great on the outside, but once you crack into it you realize it's everyone for themselves. This culture of excellence attempt didn't materialize well, with bosses pitting employee against employee by encouraging you to inform on each other's mistakes. Turnover is high, and the involuntary turnover was higher than anywhere I've ever worked until then or since. Having talked to some of these fired people the tactics used are shameful, though some of them deserved it.
Pros
I guess experience. Once you've worked here you'll be a lot more careful in future interviews.
Cons
Lol, Yes.
the whole company has no idea what they are doing.
Operator (Current Employee) –  Morrison, TNOctober 24, 2018
everyone in managment just walks around confused. not any of them know what they are doing, our HR is a joke, ask her a question and you'll be standing there all day while her brain malfunctions. the harrassment that goes on there is terrible, supervisors and leads are the cause of that. terrible pay for you to overexert yourself to try and hit numbers that someone who has no idea what it's like to run parts is like, makes for you. just an all around horrible place to work for.
benefits
Cons
everything else
Great Place to Work
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Richland Center, WIOctober 21, 2018
This job is fun, fast paced, and well paid. I left MPC in the past to pursue what I thought was a better opportunity. I deeply regret doing that. MPC is a great place to work. No complaints
Fast paced Job
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Walworth, WIAugust 21, 2018
Depending on the building you are working in you will do different jobs but the overall vibe of the company is fun and they really focus on safety and keeping the employees in the loop of any changes going on.
A perfectly adequate job.
Factory operator (Current Employee) –  Walworth, WIJuly 18, 2018
MPC has various problems in its management and its training, but overall there is stability to working at MPC. It os a large factory but there are plenty of radios set-up around the facility that make communication a relative breeze.
Pros
quarterly luncheons
Cons
only 20 minute breaks
Fast paced and Competitive
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIJune 4, 2018
Everyone there were good people and always willing to help with any situation. Jobs were always a competition and fun at the same time. Always left my job with a smile on my face at the end of the night.
Pros
Work kept me busy
Cons
Short breaks
Ups and downs of working at MPC
Machine Operator/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Prairie du Chien, WIMay 26, 2018
Offers insurance, though it is not very good. Work environment was stressful and overwhelming at times, though the job was quite easy. Supervisors were great and so were coworkers. My biggest complaint is the amount of mandatory overtime, which made home- work balance very difficult.
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Morrison, TNMay 19, 2018
The people are awesome its a nice calm place to work and steady....this company takes care of their employees and make it to where you want to come into work
Pros
Pot luck lunch once a month on shifts
Cons
If over production they flex out
Could be better
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Walworth, WIApril 4, 2018
I actually here they are starting to get better. Management was a mess for the years I was there. Tons of wishy washy ideas of things getting with no real change. I hear they finally took some of the suggestions I made years ago and the new management sounds better as well so hard to say.
Pros
Fast Paced
Cons
Endless overtiem
Over worked
Prest temper (Former Employee) –  Warren MichiganMarch 8, 2018
I was working thru a temp and worked everyday of the for 49 days straight when i started. Everybody were fir they self. The company didn't hired you in after 90 days
Pros
Overtime
Cons
One break
Set up technician
Set up technician (Former Employee) –  Prairie du chienFebruary 12, 2018
I changed the molds that made the plastic parts and set the machine up to ensure the parts were made with pricison and accuracy.. I also was forklift certified through the company
Pros
Lay off
Cons
Fast paced
Good place to work if you want to go nowhere
Operator (Former Employee) –  Prairie du Chien, WIJanuary 24, 2018
Worked there for over a year. Cross trained on most aspects of the job. Never late and always worked hard a made quality parts. Was let go due to a attendance discrepancy that couldn’t be corrected. Upper management wants to see only 1 thing: PRODUCTION PRODUCTION PRODUCTION. They don’t care of the parts are poor quality and if there’s enough parts to run a job for more than an hour. Little concern about employees, though they claim otherwise. Only work here if you want to go nowhere.
Pros
17 minute lunch, paid
Cons
Too many to list
Nice people, but over promised to customers = mismanagement
Production Leader (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIJanuary 17, 2018
I liked many of the people I worked with and for. However, it became abundantly clear the company had over promised to its customers and did not have the manpower to pull it off. While touting a regional "best place to work" from 3 years ago, the real world evidence was challenging to find. The hourly workers were poorly paid and forced OT was a regular occurrence. Retention was subsequently poor which led to production issues. My training was limited to shadowing a overworked supervisor who didn't seem all that thrilled or skilled to be training. It didn't take long to see this wasn't a long term investment on my end. I left another job for this, so that was a shame. I guess I learned to ask more questions. Just because they are nice doesn't mean the company is run well. If you enjoy working tons of hours (on salary) and enjoy self-teaching your position, then give this is a shot.
Pros
Nice people, On site medical care
Cons
Poor business planning, hourly workers are low paid
Decent pay but a poor operation.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Morrison, TNJanuary 4, 2018
The work is easy, pay is good but raises are not guaranteed. Benefits are ok and you start gaining paid time off as soon as you start. Now, the leadership sucks. Bunch of kids run the office and the favoritism is terrible. HR is a joke.
Pros
Pay and benefits.
Cons
Terrible management.
Working conditions great
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIJanuary 1, 2018
Good training and working conditions. Close to my resident. Some turn over. Made a mistake and left for different job should have stayed at MPC. Have reapplied
Pros
good working conditions
Cons
Other peoples work can effect yours
Factory Job
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Walworth, WINovember 8, 2017
Similar to what you would expect from a typical factory with shifts available, work environment, and compensation and benefits. Not the most exciting place to work, but not a bad place to work either.
Enjoyable
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Walworth, WI 53184October 24, 2017
I have always enjoyed working here. The people are friendly and welcoming. Benefits are great, 401k, on-site health clinic. Fitness center, trainings, and meetings
3rd shift assembly
Machine Operator/Welder/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIOctober 19, 2017
Based on favoritism.
Not much chance of work advancement.
Sexualharassment is a thing there for sure.
No vacation, you have to work weeks/months to get it and bank it up.
Horrible management.
Supervisors don't know what they are doing and are very crooked at their job.
HR is very rude.
Don't get paid for certain days sometimes and takes a while for them to fix if they ever do.
Job itself is okay not too hard unless you get always put on a harder machine.
Employees start drama and talk bad.
You get 5 points until you are suspended.
Steal toes mandatory.
Work every other weekend usually.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Poor management, favoritism, no vacation off the bat
Small privately owned company
Corporate Manager (Former Employee) –  Walworth, WIOctober 6, 2017
Small privately-owned company, the owner will occasionally stop by the offices/plants to observe but not meddle. Good pay, good benefits, Tier-1 & Tier-2 automotive supplier specializing in plastic injection moldings.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MPC. Our community is ready to answer.