MPG Employee Reviews

mpg small co
Store manager (Former Employee) –  Loudon, NHAugust 23, 2018
Small c-store company. recently purchased a small chain in NH. 7 stores. Not informed of the EPA regulations. tried to share knowledge of regulations was shut down by a supervisor with an attitude, This particular supervisor has flavor of the week issues. to many pets under the wing. Doing the job was not enough, supervisor has no faith in employees that do not seek to be under the wing. This supervisor plays games has things removed when you are not there. gave biased scores on graded rides. has no regard for employee safety.
Pros
plenty of work
Cons
bad supervisor
good and fun place
Parking cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 13, 2018
working at MPG,is a great opportunity to have a team work experience,and a customer service experience.never get bored and will always be happy with the customer.
Pros
no lunch
Cons
no breakfast
stressful and a lil under paid. bad training
Fork lift operator (Former Employee) –  Kingsford, MIAugust 28, 2017
stressful and extensive and had bad traing of the process of plant but once I learned what I had to do it wasn't so bad. I am going back to work there.
Good work too many hours in one week
Maitenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 30, 2017
Work is great. I am learning something new everyday, however, many long hours of work, not enough vacation hours, location is not too unsafe and work is too dangerous
Pros
Learning new things
Cons
Long hours of work
Decent place
Finishing Operator (Current Employee) –  Reedsburg, WIMarch 28, 2017
Mpg has good beneifits. The works load is a lot and there is a lot of overtime. Management is t the greatest. They have good incentive programs so you can make good money
Fun work place. Great people
Grinder (Former Employee) –  Columbiana, ALMarch 15, 2017
Mpg is a iron foundry. Like all other places, it has its pros and cons. I always gave 110%. I like to get it right the first time. I am very punctual and always give my best work.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Night shift
Job is very interesting. People are great to work with and for.
CNC Machinist (Current Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIFebruary 12, 2017
Good work and attendance is rewarded. Be dependable and easy to work with. Also helps to know the job if you plan to work 3rd shift. Shift premiums for 2nd and 3rd shift.
Pros
Free lunches, gift cards given at company meetings.
Cons
Not much help working 3rd shift. Kind of have to know about the job.
I enjoyed it
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Paris, ARFebruary 9, 2017
I enjoyed working for mpg. Wish I could of moved up of transferred to fort smith. I recently got married and need a job in fort smith. I don't mind factory work at all. I get in and get it done. And do the best I can.
Pros
Dayshift
Cons
Short breaks
job
machine operator (Current Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIDecember 21, 2016
great company to work for great benefits and great staff great supervision and a clean and good environment shop. unfortunately is a union shop so i was going to stock in 2nd shift
Good place to work, however market swings in the automotive industry make employment unpredictable.
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Paris, ARDecember 21, 2016
Management within the facility is strong and future focused, on a greater scale though, budgeting issues combined with a corporate disconnect created an uneasy environment in some facilities.
MRG will be your life
whitelighter (Former Employee) –  Ridgway, PADecember 8, 2016
Long hours, No life, Slow on moving people when you get bid on job, cold compassionless management, favoritism with management, strict point system
Pros
great medical
Cons
long hours, no life
Foreman stringing
Foreman stringing (Current Employee) –  Albany gaOctober 27, 2016
Place pipe on the designated area where the mainland is also moved skids to where the pipe is to be placed and made sure all employees are working in a timely manner
productive and healthy workplace, walking along a long interior way inside of four buildings linked together after lunch
Sr. Product Engineer (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 8, 2016
utilized my skills very well to create perfect and optimized products to meet customer targets in strength, stiffness and fatigue life under engineering management
Very welcoming and willing to train.
Marketing Asst. (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 26, 2016
I currently am an assistant to the brand manager and the sales and marketing director. My position is very fast paced and I have little down time which is great because I like to keep busy. I work on many different projects at one time and have the opportunity to visit the different commissaries in our area.
Pros
veryfast paced
Cons
so far from home, I have to comute almost 2 hours a day.
Worked here as a temp before being hired as a permanent employee.
Associate, Client Accounting (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 5, 2014
Really enjoyed working with everyone at this job. Called up the billing for several different accounts as a major task. Worked with some good managers here. Did a lot of backing up billing invoices and filing away reports.
Excellent management
Market Researcher (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 22, 2013
I was given work at the MPG temp agency as soon as I arrived in Boston. Their contact and follow-up is great and the relationship with the company I was hired for is extremely professional. All in all a great experience, both on the human level and for acquiring new competencies. My mission consisted in getting in touch with purchase departments for big customers over Canada, and specifically the French speaking region of Quebec, in order to conduct a market research. I was helped in a discreet but very efficient way all along the mission. Working on the phone all day long is not very easy, especially when the interlocutor might not be willing to be available for your questions, but it is a lively and sometimes very rewarding experience. Being able to figure out major trends of a specific market has been an intellectual thrill for me.
Pros
Relaxed and very professional atmosphere at the same time
Cons
Working distance
The best company I have ever worked for!
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 29, 2013
The environment was great and the employees were phenomenal. I learned so much working here. Management went through a lot of turn over during my time, but over all was good. The environment was fun as well as the industry.
Pros
location, environment, coworkers
Cons
long hours, turnover
Decent place to work
Senior Business Consultant - Sales (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 19, 2013
Good sales experience. If you are a good sales person you will be rewarded for it. If you are not do not expect to get much out of it.
Muy buen ambiente de trabajo
Prácticas (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 6, 2013
El ambiente de trabajo es estupendo. La flexibilidad de trabajo y el compaerismo en el ambiente motivan al trabajo y a asistir al puesto de trabajo cada día.
Desayunos entre compañeros que amenizan el trabajo.
Productive and fun workplace
National Broadcast Buyer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 26, 2012
The staff at MPG is a dedicated, smart, and hard working bunch of people

Managers definitely provide a stimulating workplace for employees to thrive and succeed