MPI Protective Service Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Horrible
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIApril 10, 2018
I was so excited to work for this company at first but when you start working for them, the ugly truth shows. They over work you and don't take no for an answer. When you try to get out, they try to scare you into staying. Absolutely ridiculous company.
Pros
Nice employees at sites
Cons
Rude management, horrible hours, mean officers, poor pay
Going the extra mile for employees
Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasDecember 28, 2017
As both an entry level officer initially, and now a manager and training director, I have had the opportunity to see how many other security companies operate, based on interviewing candidates from other companies, and interacting with personnel from other companies.
MPI offers some of the best training and benefits, period.
Not many companies offer anything other than the State-required training, and even that is on one's own time and money.
MPI meets and exceeds all State requirements in training, due to the vast experience of the instructors, some of whom currently teach at Police Instructor conferences.
Many companies do not offer benefits, or offer them at a rate that makes it difficult to put any money in the bank.
Pros
Training, Benefits, Flexible Scheduling
Cons
N/a
Professional and great place to work
Security Officer / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 2, 2017
Everyday at work, I would conduct a patrol of the site and ensure all doors and the site is secured. Communicate with dispatch every hour and report all activities during the shift.
Being a Security Guard
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 8, 2017
Yes, they will give you training but you are expected to train on your own time. Not many companies request you to train off the clock, they will. Very few hours since the loss of the largest account.

If you are looking for a security job stay away from the agencies and work for a hospital or clinic.
Pros
Cons
Every thing
Excellent place to work, great environment
Officer I (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 26, 2017
I've been with the company a little over a year now and I can honestly say it's one of the best places I have ever worked. It feels like a small family atmosphere every day when I go to work. Everyone I talk with is in good spirits, happy to help however they can, and just genuinely cares about each other. Training opportunities were great as well. They sent me through a 40 hr firearms course, 40 hours of defensive and arrest tactics, took care of the application for my permit. They really help you through the whole process. Not to mention full benefits, heath, life, 401k. Great career starting opportunity for anyone out of school. Would highly recommend MPI.
Pros
Flexible schedule, great work environment