MPower Direct Employee Reviews

MPower
Energy Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 16, 2019
MPower was a good experience for me. They taugh me everything there is to know in the sales world. Everything we did there was team based. I like how they are making the world a better place.
Actually garbage
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYSeptember 23, 2019
Pyramid scheme please don't waste your time at all with them you have been warned, get an actual job with pay that doesn't make you nervous to see when the check comes. I pray that all the cool people i was chill with got out in time.
Direct sales, door to door. A lot of inspiration from other colleagues.
Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 22, 2019
The job itself was fun, you never knew what your day would consist of because everyday was something different. New territory to work in meaning, different types of customers to speak to.
Great atmosphere no benefits
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 21, 2019
You only get paid time off. They do not provide Health Insurance or any other benefits to anyone other then the office manager. Do not work here if you want treated fairly.
Fairness
Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 15, 2019
I feel that people have to be popular with the CEO and other authority figures to be promoted. For example, it was mentioned me to at my interview that to be promoted to management there is a certain sales criteria that all employees have to produce to be promoted to management. CEO of the company gave the position to someone from the outside.
Very motivated and driven team with inviting and supportive attitudes
Energy Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 11, 2019
The job is tailored towards people who’re more social and able to easily speak to people and get their points across, I needed some work with my communications and this job allowed me to better that skill and become a more friendly and active worker when I was on the job.
Please stay away from this company
Worker (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 22, 2019
Worked for mpower for 2 yrs. The job seemed good in the beginning but as you move on you see the bullcrap. We knock doors with no permits. Tickets or arrested for soliciting this company went from paying 550.00 a week base to paying 400 a week base. Because they hired people that didn't want to hit quota they started docking 100 if you didn't fall 5 meters from quota. And on Fridays if you bust your behind and get no sales you were docked 50.00. So 400-100=300-50-250.. This job has no security or care for anyone. You work here your paid to lie to people. And yes you will run into a issue. I had a gun pulled on me and the company ask why I didn't call the cops. I'm soliciting so can't call cops. Also had many run ins with customers because the company raises they bills. I felt bad lying to people. Con EDISON bills is never above 10.0 per KWH. We are giving the a 12.9. The company also never call a customer back in a yr so they rates go up... the worst job ever... If you have a a diploma find a better job. This job is for scammers.
Pros
Cons
Everything. Door to door with no permits.
Waste of Time
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 12, 2018
MPower Direct was a company full of great people but the roles do not include benefits whatsoever. I felt as if I was wasting my degree working at such a place. The culture is fine because it gives many people a great opportunity but it is your typical, " door to door," selling job. The turnover is very high and there does not seem to be any expectation of longevity by most employees.
Productive fast pace work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 11, 2018
You have to have a pitch every sales men have his way he/she brings his/Her sale in keep a smile on your face with every customer you come face to face with make sure your posture right and speak fluently
Great job opportunity
Field Representative (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 16, 2018
Been working for 7 months. If you like a friendly and competitive work environment with great pay and potential job advancement then this is the job for you!!!
Productive work place great coworkers
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 16, 2018
I love the energy you receive as soon as you enter an office. From the Administration to the office manager to every worker. Great compensation and supportive coworkers
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Create your schedule
Fun work place
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 16, 2018
This work place is absolutely amazing in every way it's helps you out motivate you to never give up & push harder because it's alot of money involved in this business
Pros
Free time
Cons
Short breaks
Fun work place
Field Representative (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 13, 2018
Best job ever I love what I do how I get paid EVERY Friday. Positive energy free education and great training. Team work here is key so if you have questions somebody is always around to answer them. We also get iPads pins book bags and all
Pros
Long breaks
Clean environment
Energy Consultant (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 13, 2018
Nothing but a “CLEAN” environment! Very fun setting and very simple with so many ways to make money! It’s unbelievable at first! Please come in for an interview if you have read and or reading this!
Fun place to work, but you must be on your A game
Field Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 12, 2018
MPower was / is a great job especially for a young person to gain experience and develop better communication skills. The job is fast paced, but the co-workers are helpful. Everyone works as a team and you are only as strong as your weakest link thus your managers and other higher ups work towards helping you meet quota and develop as a sales person.
Pros
the pay is base & commission & weekly
Cons
the weather conditions get in the way, benefits
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NY 11405July 7, 2018
I learned how to communicate better with people in general. This job taught me proper customer service when dealing with a customer and this job helped me grow mentally in the work field.
Pros
Traveling & seeing new places
Cons
Work gets tiring after a while
if you want no life, than work at mpower
Assistant Manager/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 5, 2018
a typical day at wok required me to make sure my team all were set up to make sales (territory). motivational meeting for office or independent team, than hit the field and made sure everyone stood psotive throught the day whether meeting up or group texts. self motivation was key because if you loose that you will get no sales. hardest part of the job was remainiing postive and staying out because since you have no office enviroment you can go home, however, that means no money.
Pros
team family culture, pay
Cons
heat, cold, main office, phony, use you
Excellent Company
Administrator (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 3, 2018
This company has great guidance and room for growth.
I believe that anyone fortunate enough to work here will learn, grow, and meet great new people.
Pros
Positive Working Environment
Cons
Lack of benefits
Great place to learn sales learn leadership development
Team manager (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 3, 2018
It's a great job if you have a go get it mentality make as much money as effort you put in . Great group of people to work with fun and competitive environment
Productive and unlimited growing opportunities
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 4, 2018
- energetic environment
- supervise 5 +
- implement product information to others
- Teach and support
- train
- speak to new clients or existing clients
- enjoy working as a team and planning events for business.
Pros
Driving bonuses etc
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MPower Direct. Our community is ready to answer.