MPS

Clear
3.3Pay & Benefits

studentchildschoolproblemsupervisorlearningworkerlearn

Decent place to work at

Low pay now worth the pay.It’s an easy job but not a place to advance in career wise. Not so flexible with time off and raises average from 10 cents a year

Easy work lots of break time

Embarrassingly Low pay not a lot of positives lots of down time though easy work 90% of the time really dirty chemicals smell like death so if you can't take smells stay away

MPS insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues

Wouldn't wish this job on a worst enemy!

If you do not have friends or family that are already employed here do not waste your time. Friends and family of current employees/managers are the only ones that reap the benefits of working at this company. However, if you have family and friends that already work at mps/medical practice solutions you will succeed just fine. If you apply here in spite of this review, just know you are in for the most unprofessional, inconsistent, and nepotistic job experience of your life.

Cons

The best best benefits in the area.

There is not a lot of room for advancement in this company but that’s only because they are so great no one leaves. You have to wait for someone to retire if you want a management position.

Pros

Benefits and people who genuinely care about not only the customer but the co-workers too.

Cons

Not a lot of room for advancement.

quick pace call center but easy to learn

I like my job. My manager is ok. My only issue is the pay. I think if they would raise the pay rate the turn over rate would go down. The only reason I'm looking for another job is because of the money. I would like to be able to do something besides pay my bills and be broke. Remember you get what you pay for.

Pros

The work is easy to learn and you can work from home or the office

Cons

the pay is horrible

It’s basically a fair company

I’d go back to MPS if they had work for me. It has to be close to where I live, it must have good working conditions and be conducive for learning more about the new communications methods...

Pros

Work is good and easy to understand

Cons

Pay is just average

great fun place to wrk

staff were very friendly and very helpful with me becoming a new teacher. any questions i had eveyone was willing to help me. They pay was also great and the benefits are ok

Not good to irk for mos.

Do not like working there.Mangement was awful.And staff was lazy. Head mangers take manger side no matter what.I worked in food service. Coworkers were very lazy Didn’t give raises like they should have.

Pros

Benefit

Good job

I love this job and what i do with the customer when i help them this job is so much fun and i like every thing about the job and my co workers we get a long and that is good to have with ur job

The Quiet of Virginia in the middle of a chaotic Industry

MPS is located in the heart of Virginia. As the main distribution partner for Bloomsbury and the Macmillan family of publishers, MPS is directly involved with all things support for customers across the United States, Canada, and numerous other countries in the world. The company has been home to many of the employees for the majority of their careers and the benefits are very good, exceptional when compared to the surrounding area. Compensation is very fair and the management team is doing their best to integrate the different teams into a more united front with our NYC-based partners.

horrible place to work

you have no life you have no 2 days off they spilt up your days. the only thing you get paid to pick up os clothing if you pick up toys,books, etc that is considered a misc item witch you won't get credit toward your bonus for. if any driver has an accident they take everybody's bonus away for that week. I worked here 2 months never had an incident or damaged anything I lost my bonus 4 times so u get the daily pay and that is it and you still have to unload your truck when u get back. I would not recommend to an enemy

Pros

freedom

Cons

pay managment scheduling hours

Terrible culture, out dated practices, no formal orientation, no management support and disrespect

Toxic work environment, uninformed upper management, bullying/harassment and unprofessional conduct is tolerated by immediate supervisor. No formal orientation or respect for qualified dedicated staff. Many people are promoted into positions without having the knowledge and or skills to fulfill their roles and responsibilities. Unethical behavior is a norm.

Benefits

Cons

Unclean environment, poor security, unprofessional culture

Okay for temp work

Okay for temp work only. Do not expect to get full time employment or benefits. The manager over clerical staffing is very scattered and forgetful. Be prepared to repeat yourself and resend information multiple times. Wonderful if you're okay getting a call the day of an assignment. It just didn't work out for me.

Just not enough money for the work we do

It’s good to start out but when your working more and more hrs they don’t like to pay you for the work you preform there for you work 50-60 hrs a week and barely make as much for a 40 hr check

assist in office.

Assist in office, and assist the Principal for daily work load. Prepare daily schedules for students. Assist staff as well. Worked with parents daily as well.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Short breaks, Lunch

To much stress, poor management

To much stress, no time off, but they have AC, they pay good.. a lot of overtime.... i felt discrimination for the managers... i had a very good supervisor.

Productive, fast paste

MPS is a great place to work. It's a busy environment, very friendly people. I work thru a temp agency so I don't really know about benefits and vacation as an employee

Pros

Free wifi

Cons

Hot

nice workplace

Some supervisors need more training-enjoy environment-like co workers-director very sincere-down to earth-caring-loving-kind-backs up her staff-need challenging workload-enjoyed type of work I did-co workers supportive-

Pros

great benefits

Cons

no raises

School days off

I enjoyed driving the bus, but the noise level on the bus was out of control. Plus lots of discipline problems with the students. Management was great, but no support from the schools. Montgomery is going through a transformation with a new superintendent that will make things better for MPS. I don't see myself working back there unless I can see some changes made.

Pros

Great Benefits

Cons

No support from the Schools concerning discipline on the buses.

ok

nice place to gain experience and learn how to work with children. overall good benefits and pay. would recommend this job to anyone who is going into education

Not enough money for the amount of time I'm there

Boss treats me like I'm a child, too many hours for the amount of pay and 50+ hours a week. I love working but I have a family and I'm still young and I'd rather not be at work 55 hours a week only making 500$

Pros

You're by yourself mostly all day

Cons

Not enough money and poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MPS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits