Mr. Appliance
61Average

Mr. Appliance Employee Reviews

United States47 reviews
It has it's days when it busy and other days it's not. Need one on one training without interference. Overall a good company to work for. Very lady back office environment.
Wonderful owners, great office managers, technicians are friendly, taught how to handle customer service issues and properly provide customer service along with help them.
I do all that I am supposed to do,I was supposed to be evaluated after three months still not done .too much procrastination on their part,I have been there 5 months now.
Great place to work. Paid well for the work I do. I have great benefits and the Management team helps whenever I need it. I'm made to feel like I am a very as like to the company.
Pros
Paid Holidays, Monday-Friday with all weekends off, Start my day and end my day at my house, company vehicle provided, great office support
Cons
None to speak of
Treated the workers with no respect and changed everyone to part time without notice. No appreciation at the job and a lot of confused communitication with management.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
I enjoyed working for this company I was able to work weekends and from home. I enjoyed building relationships with customers and technicians. I was able to do my job in an efficient manner.
When you first start make you think that everyone gets a long and that it's a family environment, this is false advertisement. They pick on you belittle you micro manage you. They are very rude to you when things are not done exact and even if they are done exact. I have never worked for such disrespectful people in my life. In my seven months of working there I watched 3 people come and go, that had done nothing wrong at all. They also make you lie to their customers. Please reconsider applying for this job!
This position involved scheduling repair appointments, submitting warranty claims and customer service. The office was casual. The hardest part was scheduling customers who had no working refrigerator. Understandably frustrating so needed to be sympathetic and resolve repair.
You have no idea who you report to from one day to the next. Turn over is just something else. If you stand up for for yourself you are out the door. Simple as that.
I was told a bunch of things when I initially went to my first interview. None of those things came true and the owner constantly promised me more traing that I never recieved. He promised me things that never came true and when I approached him about them he always tried to come up with things to not pay me the way he talked about in the first interview. I was in a bad place prior to this job and I wish I would have stayed in the position I was in opposed to leaving thinking I was going to do better in life and finally advance.
Pros
There are no pros to rhis conpany
Cons
Poor Management, poor pay, no paid time off as pronised. No health insurance, terrible work environment
You don't want to work at the one in the tri cities, TN/Knoxville area. The owner cares about nothing but profits and not his customers or employees. If an idea isn't his idea, it's a bad idea. Office personnel gossips constantly. Also, he's very nosey and constantly brings you into his office to ask you a bunch of personal questions that aren't his business. The training program, if you can even call it that, is a joke. You ride with a different tech all the time, and while they're supposed to be training you, you just just end up being their extra labor. They don't really show or explain what they're doing. They just do their job as they would without you there. I always ended up having to call their customers, or just do all their tablet stuff that they don't want to do. Of course any time I'd try and talk to the owner about it, it was always the same thing. I also spent the first 3 months of my employment peeling vinyl off SEVERAL vans because said owner was also too cheap to pay and have it done. So right there, I saved him several thousand dollars. All for my measly 10 dollars an hour. Not only did that make me feel taken advantage of, but it put me that much further behind on my "training". Also, I was hired to be a tech trainee, or that's what they told me, and I get there and find out I'm going to be cleaning dryer vents instead. Never during any of the interviews did they say I would be doing that. They waited until after I was hired to do so. So really, I feel like they lied, and hired me to do that, and just wanted extra, cheap labor. On Wednesday's, they would always - more...
Pros
Cons
Owner only out for himself
Great company to work for. They will do everything they can to make sure you succeed. For the most part the customers are great. Mr. Appliance strives to provide the best customer service and quality workmanship that most companies could never dream to achieve.
At Mr. Appliance you work 5 days a week, very fast paced job, about 1000 parts to put in inventory 7 to 8 techs to dispatch, if your not good at customer service i would not consider this job
Terrible place to work hostile environment questionable employees
I would not advise anyone to work here

Nothing more to say I didn’t even want to give one star for any of the choices
The manager was the worst manager I have ever worked for. He was rude to customers and when I approached him about a problem he wouldn't listen to anything I had to say and yelled at me. They have no medical insurance and I got sick and was unable to afford a doctor's visit, I was fired for being sick for two days. Instead of calling me like a manager should I was let go through email
Calls are received electronically, they are routed but you can call and switch them around to what makes it the most efficient route. It is a commission job so you are paid based on what you collect. As long as everything goes well things work great, if the people in the office have to get involved, the situation deteriorates quickly.
Pros
Good opportunity to earn if you hustle
Cons
No support
Highly recommended especially to the career minded individual. One of the few trades that generate constant work year round. You can honestly right your own ticket as far as salary is concerned if you have a good work ethic.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
The Columbus area is ran by the Lima office. A new fiance with no managmemt experience was brought in to run the office. Severe lack of communication between the two and our hiring terms were thrown out the door in her poor pursuit of revenue. Extremely high employee turn over rate.
Pros
Pay
Cons
the Lima/Columbus Ohio franchise is owned and run by the same people. And it is a owner and fiance team that manage. have a very bad communication problem.
Pros
Got to have a take home service van
Cons
Lack of communication
I really enjoyed everything about my job with Mr. Appliance. However when the franchise was sold I was not informed and from one day to the next I was with out a job. Corporate does not care about the people running day to day operations. Would not recommend anyone to work for Mr. Appliance because of this. The new owners had no professionalism and did not make any contact so that I could keep my job. Very disappointed about this was handled.
Cons
no health care no time off
the experience working at Mr. Appliance is second to none
great company to work for with fair pay based on experience

I would definitely recommend a career with this company
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Driving a lot of miles
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mr. Appliance. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8