Mr. Appliance Employee Reviews

Nice environment. Friendly co workers. Break room with coffee and water.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 8, 2018
I usually come in and check emails from the previous day. Watch the technicians route, order parts, take phone calls, take payments. Work culture is nice.
Pros
flexible good environment
Cons
No benefits
Fiance is ruining company
Route Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 18, 2019
The Columbus area is ran by the Lima office. A new fiance with no managmemt experience was brought in to run the office. Severe lack of communication between the two and our hiring terms were thrown out the door in her poor pursuit of revenue. Extremely high employee turn over rate.
Pros
Pay
Poor
Office Manager/Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COAugust 14, 2018
I really enjoyed everything about my job with Mr. Appliance. However when the franchise was sold I was not informed and from one day to the next I was with out a job. Corporate does not care about the people running day to day operations. Would not recommend anyone to work for Mr. Appliance because of this. The new owners had no professionalism and did not make any contact so that I could keep my job. Very disappointed about this was handled.
Cons
no health care no time off
Bad management
Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 28, 2018
the Lima/Columbus Ohio franchise is owned and run by the same people. And it is a owner and fiance team that manage. have a very bad communication problem.
Pros
Got to have a take home service van
Cons
Lack of communication
Productive and Fun Place to be
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAOctober 31, 2017
I was very grateful to be there and have the experience that i manage to get out of the program. Besides it was right next to the bus stop. The atmosphere was very pleasant. The team was very easy to work with. I really wish they didn't have to close.
Pros
easy to work for
Cons
no benefits, they shut down
Fun and demanding workplace
Appliance Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXOctober 24, 2016
A typical day of working at Mr. Appliance was keeping busy, going to a customers home for ease or repair for both customer and employee, customer interactions were special and the look on a customers face when the appliance was repaired and working properly was heart lifting.
I learned so much about different appliances, different diagnostic techniques, how to easily repair almost any issue that arose.
Mr.Appliance was under new management/ownership at the time of my employment and they had a huge learning curve about employee treatment and needed more knowledge about actual appliance repair.
My fellow technicians were amazing to communicate with and work with, all their techniques and tools were fun to emulate into my own work.
The hardest part of the job was the 2 hour commute to and from home but the most enjoyable part was the look of a completely satisfied customer.
Pros
Excellent team work, communication and benefits
Cons
Long commute
Promises of benefits health insurance 401k and advancement,
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Sutton, MAAugust 21, 2017
Having to deal with dissatisfied customers waiting weeks for Repairs to be completed was a big issue.
health insurance and 401k promised but not provided.
Pros
Interaction with happy customers.
Cons
Difficulty having to deal with upset customers due to long waiting periods to complete repairs.
Productive but stressful work environment
Appliance Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 5, 2018
typical day would be to make sure my jobs were synced onto the tablet the night before just so that i can see what my schedule will look like the day of and if i will need any assistance on a job i will indicate it on the system we use. i arrive to work by 8:30 and start my day by 9am. i work with all appliance from miele old to new, sub zeroes, ge, and more. i like knowing the satisfaction i left on the customers face
Pros
you get a company car
Cons
receptionist and manager have lack of communication with technician
Challenging place to work if you enjoy repairing different appliances with multiple issues.
Senior Service Technician/Trainer (Current Employee) –  NYC, NY, Hudson County NjMay 9, 2018
Mr. Appliance is a good place to work but not a great franchise to own and operate. The daily challenges of different appliance repairs always keeps you on your toes and forces you to use outside the box thinking to resolve issues.
Ok
Tech (Current Employee) –  Chicago areaDecember 17, 2013
Working with customers is the best part of this job. You are constantly learning to keep up with the latest appliances. The demands on techs can be overwhelming at times. This is a somewhat low paying job for the amount of responsibility. There is no type of health care available from a multi million dollar franchise. Think this would be a good job for someone that is single or semi retired. It's unfortunately just a pay check. No other type of benefits what so ever.
Pros
Working with customers.
Cons
Low pay no benefits
Good Hours
Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 6, 2018
Lots of driving, has to be good at customer service, pay based off of commission, culture and management weren't the best, overall culture wasn't great, but it was M-F
Sucks
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 8, 2018
The owner of this company is a bad decision maker and doesn't actually care about his employees. He wants top notch work for bottom dollar pay. I feel that the overall outline of how Mr. Appliance is supposed to be run can be successful, however, the branch in Vegas/Henderson/Reno is being run into the ground. I started in April of 2017, and am still currently there. In that time, we have had 2 technicians quit, the operations manager is leaving, another tech is leaving, my fellow dispatcher/customer service rep is also leaving. I DO NOT recommend this company.
relaxed atmosphere
Refrigeration Technician/Appliance Repair (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMApril 27, 2018
does provide training.
doubled my knowledge about refrigeration
good manager, flexible hours
hardest part always on the move house to house
enjoyable meeting new people, working with new equipment
productive company to work for
Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Weston, FLAugust 5, 2014
i usually am on my own, i receive my work orders in the morning from the office, pick up parts if needed and start my day. Great company, no problems with anyone, and good hours.
Pros
company car, company phone.
Cons
no benefits
Awesome
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 29, 2015
Great place to work, room for advancement, benefits available. Very family oriented and employee friendly. Work schedule very conducive to productivity.
I enjoyed my experience with the company
CSR / Office (part time 20 hrs/wk) (Former Employee) –  Macclesfield, NCJanuary 24, 2018
The franchise had to shut the doors.
Could not keep a good repair man.
I did csr/office work
Set up appointments for customers needing appliance repairs
Used quick books for payroll, paying bills etc
Great place to work!
Office Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDDecember 14, 2017
I've been working here for 7 months and it's been nothing but wonderful experiences. I've learned a lot more about the business, interacted with more companies and customers than I have at my previous jobs. The owner and staff are a joy to work with.
Mr. Appliance
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILJune 13, 2016
This job was a great opportunity to help a new business develop from Day1. I enjoyed working one-on-one with the customers over the phone and with the technicians.

A typical day at work involved balancing the handling of incoming calls with the processing of the day's jobs and other follow-up work required. I enjoyed the challenge of scheduling the service appointments in the best manner possible given the customer location and technician requirements.

We worked with many manufacturers to perform appliance warranty service and each company had different procedures. It wasn't always easy to work with these manufacturers but we valued this work because it helped to keep the technicians busy, and it kept me on my toes.

The most enjoyable part of my job was when a customer would thank me for the service that I provided.
Great place to work and learn!
Appliance Repair Technician/Office IT Tech (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCSeptember 22, 2015
I have been with Mr. Appliance for 6 months now and can tell you that for a small business, this is a great place to work! I came in with no experience and learned a lot just from working here. Everyone works together as a team and are very positive and optimistic. My supervisor is a great guy with a lot of patience who really cares about his employees and it shows! Overall Mr. Appliance is the best place you can work at and learn!
Pros
Great pay, freedom to work on your own, and travel!
Mr. Appliance is a great place to work. The owner is extremely nice and hard working. The company wants to grow, and for the workers to be apart of it
Mr. Appliance of Southbay and Longbeach - Intern (Current Employee) –  Westlake Village, CADecember 10, 2016
Mr. Appliance is a truly exceptional franchise. Working for MRA is like being part of a family. I would highly recommend applying. The company wants to grow with the people working for them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mr. Appliance. Our community is ready to answer.