Mr. Cooper Employee Reviews

Found 1,022 reviews matching the search See all 1,028 reviews
learned alot about customer service
Escrow/Sales/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 13, 2019
I learned alot working for this mortgage company. I enjoyed my customers and assisting them with solving all of their mortgage needs and questions. My main goal was to satisfy each and every customer I came in contact with on a daily basis
I was transferred to Mr Cooper from Dallas and was a good employee but there was far too much favoritism and unprofessional management
HUD Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZFebruary 12, 2019
Very unhappy about the way in which I was laid off . Worked a portfolio and after putting in a lot of hard work, files were able to be taken by others who rave credit for the work you’ve put in.
Pros
Dress code
Cons
Too many to name
Excellent place to work for
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 8, 2019
They provided through training, managers and co-workers are always available to assist, the environment makes it a nice place to work. I felt appreciated.
Pros
Great training
Cons
Bonus structure
Productive and fun place to work
AVP - Third Party Risk Management (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 7, 2019
Productive and fun place to work, The best part about the job is the culture. Everyone on the team works hard and have fun at the same time. I've been working there for 5 years.
micro managed
Call Quality/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 5, 2019
Treated employees horrible. Very micro managed. Did not care about the employees. Did not listen to the employees suggestions. Would never work there again.
Training Department
Training Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJanuary 29, 2019
It's been an amazing experience working for Mr. Copper. They focus on employee morale, which makes them stand out above other companies. The mangers that I have worked with have been great motivators and seem to have the right temperament for the job. The hardest part about the job is that things can change very quickly and it can be a challenge to keep up. The enjoyable part of the job is the opportunity to interact with many people throughout the organization.
Pros
Work life balance
FNMA Loss Mitigation Dedicated Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 28, 2019
Management was always honest and fair with me. They were able to help me advance in my career and give me ways to advance. That ability to do well and lead team meeting and run reports give me the upper hand to become a manager.
nationstar mortgage, mr cooper
Underwriter, Remote Underwriter, Risk Management (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 25, 2019
great place to work. a company that wants to promote from within as i was afforded the ability to do this with nationstar. comfortable place to work that allows you to do your work with little supervision provided you are good at your job.
Loved my job and this company
Title Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coraopolis, PAJanuary 19, 2019
This was a great place to work. The company was great and my manager even better. If I was not laid off, I would have never left. The only negative would be job security.
Pros
Atmosohere, benefits, paid time off
Cons
Job security
A lot of "can do", a lot of aspirational goals, but a lot of wasted motion
Senior Vice President (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXJanuary 17, 2019
Company offers professional opportunity and advancement options. It is a growing entity, which is a positive for opportunity.
You can learn from both good examples and bad examples as both are in circulation. Wish that the strategic direction and long term perspective would play a larger role in day to day priorities.
Production
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXJanuary 17, 2019
The process of going from the training environment to production floor was simple. But there a few flaws as in the way we are brought to the floor could be easier.
Good work environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 15, 2019
Mr. Cooper is a great place to work, excellent training, encourage team work, promote diversity and work ethics. I would recommend this company to anyone who wanted to learned the industry as well as someone with experience.
Fun, stressful
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 7, 2019
This job has a lot of favoritism. no flexible schedule. a lot of disrespect. its like high school. the job was fun assisting people with their mortgage loan.
Pros
an hour lunch
Cons
drama
I do not recommend this company.
Document Control Rep (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJanuary 2, 2019
when I worked here it was called Nationstar. Nationstar was managed very poorly, it treated its employees like kids where no bathroom breaks were aloud unless your manager was informed. they tried to make up for taking your breaks by buying pizza and cheap sandwiches during peak hrs. they outsource most of their jobs to India and let almost 1000 people off.
Good Company
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 1, 2019
Enjoyed working for the company, in my years with the company I learned a lot from additional departments and was able to use that knowledge in my position. Manager did not micromanage team which allowed us the opportunity to focus on our work. Did not receive regular feedback from manager as I was meeting and exceeding goals.
Pros
worked from home, bonuses based on production, healthcare, 401K match
Cons
Shift changes unexpectedly
This is a great company to work for.
Litigation Research Analyst / Corporate Witness (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXDecember 26, 2018
I have enjoyed working for Mr.Cooper/Nationstar Mortgage, but the department I'm in does not have room for growth at this time. If I had to do it again, I would jump at the opportunity, but I'm ready for the next level and they have no where for me to go at this time..
Really bad to behere
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXDecember 26, 2018
No too much races, yourbonus are taken from you easily, with any excuse and you can work hardand they always take them andsaid you always are doing thing incorrect even if you were thenumber one seller, its amazing!
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Good company to work for overall!
Funder/Closer (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 18, 2018
I’ve worked with the company for over 3 years and they have improved so much since I started years ago. The changes are for the good of the company and for the employees.
Pros
Great employee engagement
Cons
Maternity leave could be improved
Summary
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CADecember 12, 2018
Mr Cooper is fast pace environment and is driven by numbers. There's always a lot of changes, some good and some bad. There are always new procedures taken place everyday so they send out a PNP with all the changes.
Pros
Great salary
Cons
Layoffs
Just a check
Customer Service Representative/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXDecember 9, 2018
If you are one that is just content with getting a check; this is the place for you. My team lead trained my manager but never got promoted. I miss the relationships that I developed there, but I do not miss the headache that Mr. Cooper gave me on a regular basis
Pros
Employment
Cons
No growth potential

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mr. Cooper. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight