Mr. Cooper
54Below average

Mr. Cooper Employee Reviews

United States1,325 reviews
Found 1,325 reviews matching the search
Good place to start a career
The overall company is ok, many different departments and positions, benefits are decent. They feed you lunch when they need more phone coverage. Need a clear career path within different departments. Typical 8-5 working hours, usually overtime available. Pay is decent for this position, commission.
productive under pressure
Mr cooper is a multi cultural mortgage company. We do work in a team in my direct department with an intense workload still productive under pressure.
Bad
The people are abusing the contractors and the employees are getting very limited work. There is no sense of purpose at work. The management has no direction.
Bad
Are not honest with customer. Tell customer wrong information push stuff customer does not want.bad customer service. Does not car about employee. Puts too much pressure on employee
During "Greenlight" days
Nationstar Mortgage HQ played a very heavy hand, took over SCCS with no warning, leaving all check-outs to die, and basically destroyed the awesome culture and Agile processes. Many very good people were treated poorly and either laid-off or ran away screaming.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Stay away from here!!
I recommend staying for training only if you need a job and then leave! My experience was horrible. I worked from home due to covid and was in the very first training class. Management expected perfection even though they were complete garbage themselves. So much miscommunication and management wasn’t ever happy. Ray made a lot of us feel uncomfortable . PLEASE do not work here.
Fun Place
I love my job at Mr Cooper. The only downside that I find in this company is the pay. I don't think they pay as well as other companies. The benefits are decent at this company. I think they give employee's plenty of room to grow but it depends on if your manager wants to see you succeed.
Home Advisor
Not a bad job, but be careful with management. Not very helpful and expect a lot out of you. There is no room for a learning curve and no assistance to get where you need to be.
Workplace culture fraud
Depending on which department you are in and it's leadership, the workplace culture does not match the overall company culture. Too many dinosaurs in executive leadership who don't care about work/life balance or paying their employees what they are worth.
Pros
Regular events for employee engagement
Cons
Direct management do not want to see others move up
Pay is decent
Not a transparent company. Pay is decent but it is on micromanagement platform. Managers are not very supportive. They care more about the numbers rather than individual employees.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Mr. Cooper?
Honestly
I don’t think that more than 2% of the people they hire stay there their overturn rate is awful they fire you for the minimal! My old coworker got fired due to him hurting his shoulder and he has to miss 2 days they’re complete insensitive when it comes to TIME OFF you have to request it and you better make sure there’s time available or it’ll go against you .... it was a torture working there, they like to change rules every week technically... always changing things The Coworker’s were awesome! I made some great friends there for sure! They hire great people but they do them dirty
Pros
good pay, bonuses, sales
Cons
Sales, always changing the rules, insensitive towards people’s personal life.
Busy
Relatively a decent company to work for. Provided required skills and tools. HR some times miss talents just because of low budget
Mr. Cooper should improve on competitive edge and work on retaining talents
Company is so bad they had to change their name from Nationstar Mortgage
There is NOTHING good about this company; the CEO flaunts new Jaguars for him and his wife while laying off people, cancelling performance reviews let alone bonus'. They had to change their name so people didn't recognize them. Run away, very far away; they are only good at lying.
Pros
Brought in lunch so people wouldn't leave and keep working.
Cons
No respect, no care for human life; people literally died there.
Bad Company
If you have knowledge of the business it hurts you rather than helps you. The managers there got their positions by who they knew, not what they know. It is a buddy buddy system.
April 16, 2020
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We deeply care about our employees and would like to understand how we can improve. If you'd be willing to share more about your experience, please email us at thepeopleteam@mrcooper.com.
Changing
The mortgage industry is constantly changing, so you can't get bored. You learn new things all the time.
They were constantly moving managers and associates around.
April 16, 2020
We appreciate your feedback and are always looking for ways to improve. If you'd be willing to share more about your experience, please reach out to us via thepeopleteam@mrcooper.com.
I would only suggest working here if you are on the verge of financial catastrophe. Unorganized, unsanitary, ill prepared management, terrible operation system that constantly crashes, hostile leadership, lack of support and training.
April 16, 2020
That's not what we like to hear. We are committed to creating and fostering a positive culture. If you'd be willing to share more about your experience, please reach out to us via thepeopleteam@mrcooper.com. We're always open to feedback and striving to grow.
no lot of lie manger lie to you every day just so they make there bonus
they said they like how you work but the only keep one person on your class so they only let your work for 6month then they let you go say they are not keeping you ,
April 16, 2020
That's not what we like to hear. We would like to investigate this further to ensure our team members are treated with the respect they deserve. If you'd be willing to share more about your experience, please reach out to us via thepeopleteam@mrcooper.com.
Dedicated to Employee health
Mr. Cooper offers employees great health care benefit options, they have a healthy food service provider on-site for breakfast and lunch, they have a broadly equipped break/relaxation room to unwind between calls (ping pong, video games, light workout space, company softball team), and the managers care about their team members and want them to succeed. Unfortunately, leadership advancement is limited to when space opens after a manager is promoted or leave, however, they prefer to promote within so there is opportunity for career advancement.
Pros
food service is delicious
Cons
strict break times
April 16, 2020
So thrilled to hear that! We're lucky to have had you as part of our team here at the Mr. Cooper Group.
It's a good place to work if they have a flexible personality
It's a good place to work if they have a flexible mindset each day you hit the elevator doors. I worked on improving two new products. The people I worked with where very open to making the daily business adjustment.
April 16, 2020
We appreciate your feedback. Our people make our mission possible - thanks for being a valued member of our team!
Not good with advancement
They only promote friends in this company and the management is not very reliable. The salary compensation is below most companies. I would not recommend.
April 16, 2020
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on Indeed. We always strive to improve and would love to learn more about your concerns. If you'd be willing to share more about your experience, please email us at thepeopleteam@mrcooper.com.
Terrible Manager at the time, wonderful co workers
Coworkers were very supportive. Was a good place to work due to them.

The Management at the time was terrible, no support , understanding

( had to be his way) and was subjected to Senior Harrassment.

On the floor Training could have been better and more organized.
April 16, 2020
Thank you for sharing your feedback. That's not the experience we want to leave you with. We'd like to look into this further if you'd be open to discussion with our People team. Please reach out to us via thepeopleteam@mrcooper.com.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mr. Cooper. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7
2.9
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Mr. Cooper.