Mr. Cooper Employee Reviews

Found 1,004 reviews matching the search See all 1,010 reviews
Summary
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CADecember 12, 2018
Mr Cooper is fast pace environment and is driven by numbers. There's always a lot of changes, some good and some bad. There are always new procedures taken place everyday so they send out a PNP with all the changes.
Pros
Great salary
Cons
Layoffs
Just a check
Customer Service Representative/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXDecember 9, 2018
If you are one that is just content with getting a check; this is the place for you. My team lead trained my manager but never got promoted. I miss the relationships that I developed there, but I do not miss the headache that Mr. Cooper gave me on a regular basis
Pros
Employment
Cons
No growth potential
Run away
Loan Counselor (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXNovember 27, 2018
Everybody in management needs training favoritism no room for advancement unless your a favorite vp avp are not for employees only about business violates employees privacy
Fun place of employment and very productive
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXNovember 27, 2018
With the volume of work that was assigned daily to each employee, one would have to find a way to" think smart and not hard". I loved to stay busy and work along side of my coworkers. Finding ways to make the assignments easier to complete in a timely manner, with accurate records. Management was Super and very understanding to the heavy work loads and the atmosphere was never hostile or negative. Employees were allowed to share their ideas of ways to create a fun and productive workplace. I loved the Company Sponsored events and free lunches.
Pros
Free Lunches, Bonuses, and Employee Raffles
Cons
End of the Month Balance Reports and Lost Checks
Overall a good place
Broker Network Specialist (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, CONovember 20, 2018
Overall a good place to work. Like anywhere else there will be good days and bad days. Strong teams. Good people. Employment there is what you make of it.
It
Implementation Lead and Desktop Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 16, 2018
Good place to work and fair pay, but unstable as far as job security. Environment is friendly and quiet. only a few meetings a week(all to long). I would of stayed if not laid off.
Pros
Pay
Cons
no job security
Not much room for growth
Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 15, 2018
The company is good if you are looking to stick to one job for a long time. Most people stick around because of the good benefits but it's not amazing. Some parts of the office are worn down, dingy, and sad to look at.
Great pay but no potential
Senior Mortgage Loan Accountant (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXNovember 6, 2018
Job is Accountant in title. There are no accounting task included in the job - reconciling, posting journal entries, month-end close, etc.... Just pulling foreclosed loan balances and reviewing against insurance claims.
Pros
You can dress ANYWAY that you want - shorts included on Fridays!
Cons
No support from Management
They're getting there...!
Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasNovember 2, 2018
Over the past couple of years, the company has begun to make a change for the better, culturally. Embracing diversity and offering personal and professional development opportunities, offering remote-work options (in certain positions), and creating an impressive benefits package have been the major changes.
Leaders that have previously held the company back from reaching their culture shift have all been removed, it seems.
New leaders have been put in place to drive the innovation and learning culture.
Pros
Benefits, culture, innovation
Cons
No clear career pathing
Good Company
Funding Assistant (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CANovember 2, 2018
Work Hard and you will be rewarded. 3 million customer portfolio, doing much to continue growing and establishing itself. Culture change is in the process but continues to be transformed to a more customer centric company.
Overworked and Underpaid
Credit Reporting (Former Employee) –  New York StateNovember 1, 2018
This was a relatively decent job but had too many problems. You could work remotely but it had the expectation that you were working 50 hours to get your workload finished. It was terribly understaffed and layoffs happened more often than new jobs.
Pros
Flexible hours, kind folks dealing with the same things
Cons
Heavy demands and commitment
Flexible workplace
Loan Admin Associate II (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 30, 2018
Mr. Cooper is a very flexible workplace and laid back. I feel it's hard to move up in this company. I love management and how flexible they are, but i am looking to grow.
Good down to earth company
Recording Fee Reconciliation Sr Associate (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 26, 2018
There can be a lot going on and then some days it’s just so slow it’s not challenging enough. I with there were more outlets of getting people to join the culture clubs and really get to know one anoy
Pros
They do try to come up with ideas on how to make employee happy
Cons
You can not roll over vacation time it’s use it or lose it
Project oriented
COMPENSATION CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXOctober 24, 2018
Role was to develop project specifics based on guidelines. Worked with various teams to ensure necessary information was obtained in order to finalize project meeting deadlines required.
Pros
Knowledgeable staff
Cons
Communication slow downs
Not fear
Curative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TX 75063October 19, 2018
Management does not consider the people who works hard, who is here all time, who come in the weekends. They prefer people who like to get into the manager to get a position.
Fun exciting work place
Property Preservation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXOctober 17, 2018
I love working for this company, they focus on creating a great environment for their employees. Great company to work for, very professional and fun
Pros
Opportunities to advance/cross train
Cons
Insurance is not the best
foreclssure
Foreclosure Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXOctober 11, 2018
foreclsoure specialist, duties included accepting payments and requested payments for past due mortgage. Also collections for past due payments on mortgage.
A Revolving Door
LOAN PROCESSOR II/LOAN COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 10, 2018
Yes a typical workday. Learned nothing trained myself. Poor Management. Work Place Culture ok. Hardest Part of the job, Irate Loan Officers. Job was easy.
Pros
Free lunches
Hiring process
QA Control Auditor (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXOctober 9, 2018
I loved working for Mr. Cooper just hate that I didn't get no type of notification on my lay off and neither do they allow you to be transferred to a different department that you have already applied for. You basically have to know someone that works there to get on or come through contractor. After being laid off I have applied for numerous positions that I know I am well qualified for and no interview are anything just straight rejection. But the way I got on was through someone that knew someone so that's why I know I want get a call back unless I know someone.
Pros
company outings
Cons
no timeframe on lay offs and turnover rate high
Would recomend for good pay and benefits
Loss Draft Specialist (Current Employee) –  United StatesOctober 6, 2018
Fast paced, receive mail, sort out by client, most enjoyable part of the job is that it is different and challenging and everyday is different and seem to learn something new everyday
Pros
Working with coworkers to get job and goals done for the day.
Cons
no breaks learned to deal with day to day challenges

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mr. Cooper. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Mr. Cooper.

Powered by Comparably