Mr. Cooper

Mr. Cooper Employee Reviews

United States1,505 reviews

Found 1,505 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,521 reviews

Not what it used to be

I feel like things took a downward spiral once the company started hiring AVP’s from outside the company. In this type of position promoting from within would be a much better option.

Management overreacted

Despite strong earnings, management decided to layoff staff that were actively involved in growing the business. I think these were very shortsighted decisions. I was very disappointed and surprised at the overreaction to the market conditions.

Mr. Cooper insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues

Poor senior leadership

Love my peers and team. Enjoy the flexibility. Lots of politics, favorites among senior leadership (VP^) and not supportive when you want to move internally. No room for growth in most areas.

Being a top performer gets you 3% raise when inflation is over 8%.

They don't value loyal employees. Pay and benefits lags behind. Being a top performer gets you 3% raise when inflation is over 8%. Technology is outdated. Work is fine. Overtime is rare. Managers respect your personal time.

Not a fun place to work. You will be harassed at all times regarding production. Even if you are making production they want more and more.

Your only a number, not a person. The pay is good. Your harassed the whole entire time at work. You do more they want more, never satisfied. No work/home balance life.

Great Place to Work, it truly is!

Days fly by at Cooper, filled with hard work, good people and plenty to learn. Management gives you autonomy but also offers support when you need it. You will see the CEO randomly in the halls, dressed casual and saying hi to everyone from the janitor to senior management. He is an actual GOOD person. Culture, I can't say enough about the culture.Cooper really invests in you as a person, they want their employees happy which in turn makes their customers happy. Simple concept, and one which many companies should take notice.The employee resource teams are the best, they really have something for everyone... Pride, Military, Interfaith, Working Parents, Early Professionals, Hispanic Leaders, Asian Leaders, African American Leaders and many more. You don't have to fit in any box and you can be an ally or support any group. Hardest part of the job are the long hours, not mandated but you really want people around you to succeed so you put in your part. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing how a company runs with actual good morals, transparency, trust and respect.

Great place

Awesome place to work from home. Learned so much about mortgage and financing. The pay is also great for a starter and everyone is so helpful and nice.

Subpar

Great place to learn and get licensed, but for those going through “incubation” or training, pray you get assigned a team who’s been established. Very service heavy calls.

Terrible place to work

I can’t think of anything good about working at Mr. Cooper. Toxic culture, poor leadership, stressful, low morale, unpleasant experience overall. I do not recommend this company.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Everything else

Awesome place to work and start your LO career!

I worked for a two different mortgage companies and I will say I think Mr. cooper is a great place to work especially with the current market right now. I’ll I would say is as long as you’re putting in the work you will be rewarded! The only down side I would say is a sometimes there can be a lack of help from management since they only have one manager per team. Overall very happy I work for Mr. Cooper

June 11, 2022
Thank you for sharing your review, this just made our day! We are lucky to have you as a Mr. Cooper Group team member.

Overwhelming but team environment

The company seems great the job just wasn’t for me. For the pay $17/hr I was expecting to be doing general customer support but the responsibilities were a bit too advanced and overwhelming to learn for me in training. The company offers decent benefits, but the ones that led me to choose the company I will probably no longer need. They have an awesome bonus structure but seems it would take upward 3-4 months before you can learn everything you need to achieve one. If you’re interested in mortgage banking the job would be great. But it wasn’t for me.

June 11, 2022
We are always looking for ways to improve, so your feedback regarding our training is greatly appreciated. We were fortunate to have you as a mr. Cooper Group team member!

"Good 'ol boy network"

Management is not very good for IT. There are too many demands placed on IT, and IT is always blamed for bad decisions made by business management. There are always emergencies, leading to working weeknights and weekends.

Pros

Compensation is good (pay, insurance plans, holidays, vacation, etc.)

Cons

Bad management

June 11, 2022
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We care deeply about our team members and would like to know what we can do to improve. If you'd like to share more about your experience with us, please email thepeopleteam@mrcooper.com.

Good job low pay

The summary says it all. It’s a good company but very low pay. If you want to change positions it’s always a “lateral move”. Yearly pay raises are pennies. Not worth it

June 11, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We're always looking for ways to improve, so your feedback is greatly appreciated. We're fortunate that you're part of our team here at the Mr. Cooper Group!

Burn out

Not a bad company, use to love my job, burn out is real. Over worked with no increase to compensation when the work load increases. Not the job it was when I started and going down hill

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Management dosent care

June 11, 2022
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are always looking for ways to improve so we apprecieate you detailing your experiences with us. We'd love to hear more on how we can continue improving. If you'd be willing to share more, please email us at thepeopleteam@mrcooper.com.

not bad

I love this job. It's work at home so that makes it nice. People are great who work there and very helpful. They pay decent and they generally care about you. The work is easy and it is not stressful at all. I didnt have any experience doing this and they took a chance on me.

Pros

work at home

Cons

takes a while to get hired in if you are contract

June 11, 2022
So glad to hear that! We're lucky you're part of our team here at the Mr. Cooper Group.

Good place to work high call volume

This place is def a good place to work with great benefits. But the management is not all the way out together. It can be very difficult to contact someone for assistants sometimes. This place def needs more staff as well and better training ethics. The hiring process was a mess, my training date was changed twice, the recruiters are difficult to work with but once you’re hired on it’s a cake walk.

Benefits

June 11, 2022
Thanks for being such a valuable part of the Mr. Cooper team! We are always looking for ways to improve, so if you'd be willing to share more about your experience, please email us at thepeopleteam@mrcooper.com.

No work life balance

Underwriters:High expectation to get an Enormous amount of loans out in eight hours for Underwriters.You will work through lunch and evening. You will also work off the clock to avoid getting fired. You will also process and Underwrite.Unless you’re Desperate for a job. Run!

June 11, 2022
Our team members are our top priority, and we want to learn more about how to improve. Please reach out to us via thepeopleteam@mrcooper.com. Thank you.

Horrible work environment

This company claim to want to keep homeownership alive but they are The ones killing it because their core values are not being met by their management team

Cool

Job pays well, however not very understanding of life. if calling off when coming back can be written up regards of notice. call volume is high and little to no help. have to learn as you go.

I would not recommend.

The leadership were not invested in supporting their team members and demanded a lot of overtime. It lacked work/life balance and my manager made inappropriate comments.

June 11, 2022
That's not what we like to hear. We would like to investigate this further to ensure our team members are treated with the respect they deserve. If you'd be willing to share more about your experience, please reach out to us via thepeopleteam@mrcooper.com.

Yes fun place

Pros . Great people Cos: less pay Great place to work depending on the department . They don’t pay anything would be my only issue . The people are cool tho depending on the department

June 11, 2022
We're so happy that you enjoyed being part of the Mr. Cooper team! We are always looking for ways to improve, so if you'd be willing to share more about your experience, please reach out to us via thepeopleteam@mrcooper.com.

Common questions about Mr. Cooper

Answered by current and former employees at Mr. Cooper

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mr. Cooper. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.8Personal Development
4.1Career Opportunities
3.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight