Mr. Cooper Employee Reviews

Not fear
Curative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TX 75063October 19, 2018
Management does not consider the people who works hard, who is here all time, who come in the weekends. They prefer people who like to get into the manager to get a position.
Fun exciting work place
Property Preservation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXOctober 17, 2018
I love working for this company, they focus on creating a great environment for their employees. Great company to work for, very professional and fun
Pros
Opportunities to advance/cross train
Cons
Insurance is not the best
Not good
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAOctober 16, 2018
They come off as one way and soon you find out that they don't care about their employees and have a high turnover rate. Will have mandatory meetings and provide lunch and it's considered our lunch break.
foreclssure
Foreclosure Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXOctober 11, 2018
foreclsoure specialist, duties included accepting payments and requested payments for past due mortgage. Also collections for past due payments on mortgage.
A Revolving Door
LOAN PROCESSOR II/LOAN COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 10, 2018
Yes a typical workday. Learned nothing trained myself. Poor Management. Work Place Culture ok. Hardest Part of the job, Irate Loan Officers. Job was easy.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Would recomend for good pay and benefits
Loss Draft Specialist (Current Employee) –  United StatesOctober 6, 2018
Fast paced, receive mail, sort out by client, most enjoyable part of the job is that it is different and challenging and everyday is different and seem to learn something new everyday
Pros
Working with coworkers to get job and goals done for the day.
Cons
no breaks learned to deal with day to day challenges
Senior Modification Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXOctober 4, 2018
I really appreciate Mr. Cooper for giving me the opportunity to have gainful employment. The culture seems great from the outside looking in. I would say that it is definitely a big adjustment for those that are used to the late 90's and early 2000's job culture. Opportunity is there if they know you are they have an opportunity to like you. Once they deem you as an outsider they will treat you with the worst kind of disrespect. They will make you not just understand that you work for them on a daily basis but that you belong to them. I would describe the culture as ruled by fear and intimidation. They should post a sign that says "Enter at your own risk'.
Pros
n/a
Cons
Great Employer to work for!
Credit Risk Auditor/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 1, 2018
I was well pleased with a Manager that always supported you and was available when needed. The Company has always shown to have a solid foundation and proves to overcome difficult times the mortgage industry throws at ALL Companies.
Pros
Great Management, Room for advancement
Cons
No ability to work from home
Workplace Culture was unhealthy afraid that I would get laid off daily.
Underwriter II/ Underwriting Trainer (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXSeptember 20, 2018
Poor management with too many Chiefs and not enough Indians.
workplace culture is horrible.
I loved the previous management team and I loved the atmosphere.
Productive and fun work place
Foreclosure Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXSeptember 17, 2018
A typical work day for me sometimes is a light day and sometimes can be challenging because my work load isn't the same from day to day. I work very closely with management with my day to day job duties. The hardest part of my job is having to figure new tasks that are given instead of being trained. The most enjoyable part of my job is my co workers and my manager and just knowing how to do my job very well. My manager doesn't micro manage and she's very flexible when it comes to situations.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
compensation
Na
Foreclosure Prevention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 17, 2018
Fun company to work for. This was the start of my career in the banking industry. I learned a lot in regards to the mortgage loan service while working a NationStar.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Nice place
Field Service Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXSeptember 17, 2018
The Field Services Associate reviews and documents the status and condition of residential and commercial properties and relays the information to the proper servicing entity. Field Services Associate’s responsibilities include but are not limited to identifying and escalating evidence of possible and existing code violations, review and organize photographic results of preservation work completed by external vendors, contacting city and county officials and vendors in order to portray a complete representation of the condition of the property, documentation of completion dates and any property status information that pertains to the safety, security, and maintenance of neighborhood standards. Other duties will be assigned on an individual basis at manager discretion.
Supposed to be a people company but they don't care.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COSeptember 15, 2018
I was laid off. A VP with 19 years at the company and they discarded me like a criminal. I worked until about 11:00 the night before and got told the following morning. They claim to be a people company but I didn't get offered a new position (even as a veteran of the Armed Forces). I only got one week of pay per year I worked there as severance. They claim to offer competitive benefits but I didn't learn until after the fact that my wife's company has much better insurance for a lot less. They are not the people company they claim to be.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Senior management only cares about the bottom line, despite their plea that they are a people company.
Layoffs at the time
Loss Mitigation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXSeptember 13, 2018
I left to the pressure to hit certain numbers without the correct guidance and layoffs on the rise. Constantly on the phone and is a true customer service position.
Great Company
Underwriter II (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 13, 2018
I highly enjoyed my years at Nationstar/Mr. Cooper. I had to relocate out of state and my position did not offer a remote position at the time. I would return to work for Mr. Cooper if it was possible!
Pros
Team Environment, Pay, Management accessibility
Cons
minimal remote position opportunity, stressful times in peak production
Production based sales environment.
Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 11, 2018
A performance based environment that rewards you for production. A typical workday requires converting mortgage related calls into applications. Managing mortgage pipeline is essential.
Pros
Free lunches
A very relaxed environment with several opportunities to learn and grow.
Nationstar Mortgage dba Mr. Cooper (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXSeptember 3, 2018
Mr. Cooper is a relaxed environment but hard work and dedication is required for success. Mr. Cooper stands by their core values of "being a challengers of convention, champions for our customers, and cheerleaders for our team". It is a fair place to work and asks that you give your best in return.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
occaisional long work hours
Sales Role
Mortgage Professional (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 30, 2018
Overall good place to work. Slowdown in industry led me to leave, but great management and good experience. Benefits could be better, especially cost of health insurance, but PTO is I think 15-16 days per year starting with the first year. This works great if you don't call in sick a lot.
Pros
Coworkers, healthy work environment, especially for the mortgage industry.
Cons
Cost of health insurance if you have a family.
You must find the correct department to work in
Underwriter II (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 29, 2018
The work culture is less than desirable. Management is cut throat, training is really a joke. Lots, and Lots of favoritism...good ole boy/girl system
fun
Mortgage Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZ 85224August 29, 2018
great working place amazing people that work at mr. cooper very understandable huge and nice work environment great place to move forward in the company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mr. Cooper. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight