Mr. Cooper Employee Reviews

It's awesome!
Xome Concierge (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 19, 2018
You will love it! It is an amazing place to work, the culture is amazing and the pay is pretty amazing! The paid time off is more than 3 weeks and its base pay plus commission.
Wonderful laid back enviroment
Rebuttal Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXApril 18, 2018
This is an awesome place to work. I really hate to find somewhere else but the location is too far for me from my residence. The management is awesome and very supportive of work and home life balance
A fun place to work
MS BI Developer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 13, 2018
Employees are allowed to thrive. Career advancement and new skill acquisition is supported.
Mr. Cooper is more than just a new brand name. It represents a better way of doing business. We aim to be the friendliest, most trusted advocate for every customer, whether we’re helping you with a loan, refinancing, or simply servicing your existing loan.

We’re keeping things simple, focusing on solutions and putting customers first. Yes, we’ve made improvements, but we’re not done. We’re on a journey to better, and we won’t stop until we achieve our single-minded goal: To keep the dream of home ownership alive for every customer.
An Mazing Place with Super cool People
Reverse Resolution Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 13, 2018
This place is amazing never worked at a relaxed place like this never leaving! The managers are kind and our VP Joe is very personable he actually speaks to you :)
Stressful enviornment
Investor Reporting Manager (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXApril 11, 2018
I would not recommend Mr. Cooper to anyone as a company. I invested a lot of handwork, time and pride in my work with this company and there was no appreciation shown and no acknowledgement. Management was run very poorly and very cut-throat. I saw many terrible actions taken against people and a lot of morally wrong and disrespectful pathways set for employees to fail from the start. I wish the company all of the best however hopefully with change to better benefit the employees that work so hard for them daily.
Pros
my VP and our team building exercises, the employees
Cons
management, stress, environment, compensation & raises offered
Fun, Productive and interesting place to work.
Customer Correspondence Associate I (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 10, 2018
Fun - Culture of this company is outstanding. Lots of social events and sports leagues. Upper Management takes workplace rapport seriously.

Productive - Good work environment. Able to complete tasks efficiently in a timely manner within a team.

Interesting - Learn something new about mortgage industry very often
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
Stress Level, Compensation
Loved Mr Cooper
Analyst, Counterparty Risk Management (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 10, 2018
Great work environment and great teamwork. I would recommend working there. My only regret is that my contract was to cover a maternity leave, so there was no room for me to stay when she came back to work.
EPMO Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 10, 2018
Worked with Compliance Line of Business area. Moved to Agile methodology for software development projects. Obtained CSM certification from PMI. Extremely collaborative working environment with Development and Line of Business.
Pros
Very Collaborative environment
Cons
EPMO was closed down and all PM's were laid off.
A great team of workers
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXApril 6, 2018
Working at Mr Cooper is stressful. It's a service call center which means customers calling with issues. Expected Standards are high but you can do well in bonuses etc. When the company came to Longview the co had to move fast to recruit nearly 500 employees and yes some of these just weren't up to the job . This imc. Some team managers
The co.is continuing to rectify this. Required standards have been raised. That's why some employees and managers who haven't made the grade have been let go. Yes it's not easy , if you do your job properly you will be v tired a t shift end. But the company will recognize customer focused employees. Advancement is possible up through to management. A job with Mr Cooper ( nationstar) is NOT a walk in the park BUT good work will be rewarded
Finally it is a call center environment but having worked in some of the other call centers locally I can say the work environment is W A Y better
Pros
Improving all the time.Recent team Management changes have made a huge difference
Cons
It's hard work. Sometimes short lunches
Changing environment
Closing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 6, 2018
I am not certain how the current environment is now as they were in the process of changing to higher loan number requirements for bonus and less time allowed for processing. It was always a very fast paced workplace but as their requirements changed there seemed to be a bigger change in relationships between Underwriting and Processing. It caused a lot of strain between these two groups and the managers had different ways of dealing with it. I think they need a better way of communicating between the two groups.
Pros
Free meals when staying late. Prizes and company events. Compensation bonus plan.
Cons
Stressful work environment due to process and requirements with time constraints.
high production pressure
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 5, 2018
high level of pressure to reach production goals - constantly changing production goals set - usually nothing was ever put into in writing and changes came by word of mouth
Pros
some good people
Cons
constantly changing production goals set, nothing in writing
Fast pace work force
Senior Loss Mitigation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elma, NYApril 5, 2018
Training was given. You did sit side by side with another employee and listened to the type of calls that you would encounter in an effort to help delinquent mortgagor's save their home.
Pros
Bonus payout month
Cons
Late nights and Saturdays
Productive and fun place to work
Senior Loan Processor Originations (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 5, 2018
This is a great place to get experience in mortgage with a great culture that is constantly changing. There are free lunches during high demand production times.
Pros
Good Benefits, Good co-workers, good salary
Cons
difficult to strike a work life balance when in production
Decent company
Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXApril 3, 2018
This is a decent company to work for. A lot of opportunity to move a round and learn new job functions. Management changes happen frequently in multiple departments.
Pros
growth opportunities
Cons
too many management changes
very stressful but pays well
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 2, 2018
Typical mortgage company in terms of being production driven, however this company's management team has a way of leading their employees with fear. Daily you will feel like you are about to be fired. You will make a lot of money here, however you will never feel accomplished unless you are the top 5% of the company. The rest of the employees are replaceable and they will tell you someone else is waiting to take your spot daily. They will tell you to trust their leadership, but you will quickly find out you can only trust yourself. Good luck to anyone who wants to pursue this company.
Don't look for advancement, layoffs every year
Compliance (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 1, 2018
I would not recommend working for Mr. Cooper if you want to advance your career. In my time with Mr. Cooper there has been at least 2 layoffs per year.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
low pay, multiple layoffs per year, no room for advance.
High stress & poor management
Conventional Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 28, 2018
The stress one can handle is directly correlated to the amount of income one may earn. You will earn a lot of money at Mr. Cooper, however, you will loose any work/life balance you may already have. You are expendable at Mr. Cooper; Top Producer or among the average any one is on the chopping block.
Pros
high bonus plan
Cons
long hours, unrealistic expectations, high stress
Productive and fun workplace with arcades and ping pong table
Escrow Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 28, 2018
Work is laid back. I learned the back end work of Escrow, mortgage documents and managing an offshore vendor. Friendly environment. Difficult for promotion unless you have a good relationship with the department leaders.
Pros
great perks and benefits, smooth work flow, great pay
Cons
Lack of training and career advancement
not a fun workplace
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXMarch 28, 2018
I would not recommend anybody too go get a job here at Mr. cooper even thou I worked there for 2 years. it was the most stressful 2 years of my life due too management and supervisors having favorites and just the job area was not healthy at all
Great workplace
Senior Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 26, 2018
I was a senior loan processor and also a SME (subject matter expert), the most enjoyable part was the family-friendly environment. I did relocate with the company which was a great experience.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Driving distance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mr. Cooper. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

47out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Mr. Cooper.