Mr. Cooper
Happiness rating is 54 out of 100

Mr. Cooper Employee Reviews

Found 1,396 reviews matching the search
It’s an okay entry level job but the work is very repetitive and boring. On really busy days the days drag yet they were so stressful because it was just one call after the other, continuously. So if you had a bad call, oh well, you had 20 seconds to pick the next call.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
great place to work , fun environment and a wonderful team. This is the place you want to start. Great pay plan and good incentives. I just started but I am hopeful for the future.
Out of all of the places I've ever worked, this was the worst. I came in with NO mortgage experience, and with NO mortgage experience, you should be given at least 6-8 weeks of training at minimum, nope, we were given only 3 weeks of training. You're punished for not knowing everything about these loans as you work, but keep in mind, your pipeline consists of about 50-100 loans and you have borrowers calling you back to back, while also needing to manage and reply to emails, its a total $h!tshow! I was constantly asked why this or that wasn't done, but please explain how I can manage so many loans, reply to emails, do my job, the funder's job, the Mortgage Professional's job, and everybody else's and then remember what's going on with everyone's loan at the same time? I was actually fired because in my manager's words: "It just hasn't been working out since September", rrrrright. Because I started in August, and you expected me to master mortgage in a month? Get out of here! Not to mention, they want to consume your entire life. Working overtime should be optional, not mandatory. If I work M-F, my Saturdays and Sundays should be my own, not the company's. I could say so much, but that should be enough for now.
Pros
Good Pay, You Decide Your Schedule, Working From Home
Cons
Annoying Callers, Micromanaging, Lack of Adequate Training, Over the Top Multitasking
I have been at other mortgage companies but this company has shown us more skills,training, paid so well that I plan on starting for a while..........
Pros
Times, pay, work life balance
Cons
Insurances a bit pricey
Mr, cooper only cares about daily goals and managers Mirco manage away too much you could have a good day, and the next day if you don't hit goal they are hounding you it is non stop stress and the turn over rate is out of the roof
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Compensation is fair for a call center and I have been getting a bonus every month while I was there after the private label project began. The incentive was nice. The health plan was average. People are overall nice. Managers try their best to be helpful.
Great company to work for. They pay has increased and the base was great. You do get micromanaged often but if you’re doing your job it’s all good. Great money!
The flexibility here is great and there is no micro management. I also have never worked for such a large company that upper management interacts with employees. The bonus plan is the best of any company I have ever worked for. There is a learning curve when you first start but it is well worth it to push through until you get into your routine and get it figured out. I love my job with Mr. Cooper.
Pros
The culture!!
Cons
Getting files from approved to funded.
It can be intimidating at first, but worth it. I appreciate the pay, benefits, and supervisors. Be prepared to work a lot of overtime, work on Saturday a month, and overcome objections.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Got the job and had a start date , went through the background process as well. They called and said that they had to take the job offer back and didn’t have a reason as to why. They also changed the start date three times. A waste!!!!!! Do not recommend. You also have to wait a month until your first pay check.
Horrible company, horrible training, horrible management, just an overall horrible place to work. You’re only a number, so learn what you can and move on.
A great place to get your foot in the door. Most managers have been promoted from within, which is great, but aren’t given management training. Very knowledgeable but can’t manage people. Pay is ok.
Cons
EXPENSIVE health care
Excellent people and team building. It can get stressful with having to make welcome calls and update calls every 3 to 7 days. However, if you plan accordingly it can be maintained. The commission structure is great. The salary is low but you make it up with commissions.
Pros
Great People to work with
Cons
Better training
Mr Cooper is a great place to work, this company is always looking to increase inclusiveness, higher training, and educational opportunity for current employees; and that's great for someone who is young, but for someone who is at my age that is last thing, your trying to do; going back to college is just not an option for me. Mr Cooper provides an environment that many can feel comfortable in growing. I wish there was true opportunity for growth for employees that do not have a degree, having decades of experience in the industry and displaying leadership qualities in any company will only get you so far up the ladder of management, with that being said, to round it off Mr. Cooper is a truly a great place to work.
Pros
inclusiveness, bonus, recognition
Cons
health car cost
Solid mortgage company with good benefits and communication across the company. Been challenging to successfully onboard new hires in a remote work environment
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Crazy growth followed by yearly layoffs
There are advancement opportunities for those with ability, however most of leadership very poor leaders. Mediocrity often celebrated while those with ability overworked. Good place to start but maybe not retire.
Pros
Work is fairly interesting
Cons
Bad leaders. Poor planning and execution.
The company has a model ,hire for the short term, promise increased responsibility and once the current assignment is over and you fix the problem that the current management could not . Your laid off
Pros
Some good people and managers just trying to survive
Cons
The COO
The company wants to be a great place to work and can be. Low compensation is a topic that many feel hold them back from saying this is a great place to work. There is a lack of creativity for incentive for performance. Performance metrics change almost every year. There is also no accountability for career development within teams. Depending on the manager you report to, your career progress can be stagnant.
Pros
Cons
Pay
I have been a contractor for almost 6 months and absolutely love the company. They truly care about their employee's safety and welfare. I feel appreciated and valued.
Pros
Compensation, work/life synergy, caring
Cons
Na
Compensation was GREAT but you will pay for it with your mental health and SOUL! Wasn't worth it to me. . . They dangle that compensation carrot over your head but you will pay for it. Management promised one thing in training, everyone seemed so supportive but once released to your manager... FORGET IT. NUMBERS NUMBERS NUMBERS and NUMBERS. While of course that is important to production and an institution so is processor support. I have processed for about 8 years...processing is processing no matter where you go but a pipeline of 100 is not customer centric. My manager seemed to be always be annoyed ...
Pros
Benefits, Compensation, Wfh
Cons
Management, Mental Health, Metrics, Workload...oh did I mention WORKLOAD...
This job/ leadership program is aimed towards college grads to trick them into being customer service , told it was for leadership skills such as team meetings and leading different things, but they inched us each day into more and more phone time until we were on full blown adherence .
Pros
Well fed, everyone is very personable
Cons
Management doesn’t care about anything but numbers, not your well being, has their favorites and won’t help you
  1. Employee Reviews