Mr. Handyman Employee Reviews

Its a joke no income
technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 11, 2018
This is a joke the pay is less than 9 dollars an hour at the end of the day, they tell you to do estimates and dont pay for your time and their hourly rate is so high it scares the majority of clients away. It is a waste of time from a former tech look another direction unless you can live on 350 a week
Pros
zero pros
Cons
no health care no income
Good place to work.
Technician for Mr. Handyman (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 3, 2018
Mr. Handyman is a good place to work. The owners are very friendly and easy to work for. The pace is generally steady. The customers are generally glad to see us arrive to solve their problem.
Fair & respectful
Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 2, 2018
After working for Mr. Handyman for more than 7 years I can honestly that say it has been worth the trials. I've grown professionally. I have always been treated with respect and as a team member.
Pros
Flexibility and opportunities
Cons
Dealing with unreasonable customers
Horrible place
Office worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 9, 2018
Manager would threaten to fire people, belittle them in front of everyone. Yelling was a constant. Pay was lousy. Manager expected people to work 6 days a week without compensation
Pros
Cons
Lousy boss, lousy pay, long hours
Not much
Contruction Worker (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXFebruary 8, 2018
Not much to say regarding this job. There were many things I sa and helped to comp,ete. But as I was told at the start. It had ab expiration date. I found it to be true.
Pros
can make money
Cons
Kill yourself to make that
So glad I found Mr Handyman
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 4, 2017
I love my job. Mr Handyman is very family driven, and cares a lot about their employees. I'm not micromanaged and I can talk to my boss any time. They are very open minded and willing to try anything. I love that! I was never a corporate-world kind of person, I enjoy being able to sit down with our team and just talk stuff out and work together to fix it.
Pros
Flexible, good pay, relaxed, fast, team oriented pretty much everything is great.
Family oriented
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXDecember 2, 2017
Mr. Handyman Of Midwest Collin County is a very family oriented, caring place to work. We are all team players that work well together, which makes daily operations a joy and a rewarding place to work.
A good place to work
Technician (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXMay 20, 2017
Good place to work if you know how to be a handy man cause you are kind of just thrown in there and thanks little while to learn the process of everything but when she get the system down to good place to work for can be kind of scary because you're what I would call flag hour you don't get paid hourly you get paid by the job but you get paid good
Pros
Company vehicle don't have to pay for gas or upkeep on the vehicle company cell phone
Cons
You have to buy your own tools
Fantastic work environment
CSR (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXMay 19, 2017
Working for Mr. Handyman of Midwest Collin County has been such a wonderful experience. It is a breath of fresh air to come to work each day to such a caring group of people.
Pros
Excellent Code of Values
Best place to work.
Office Manager / Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 14, 2017
Friendly and family environment. Business owners always encourage employees to speak up and share thought and best practices. Company embraces diversity welcoming and giving any professional technician a fair start. Also, constantly mentoring and coaching staff to help them increase performance in order to deliver a outstanding customer service experience each time.
Pros
Flexible work hours.
High turnover
Customer Service /Accounting (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 11, 2017
Very stressful working environment, employee turnover rate, can not get work done for the excessive meetings whereby everyone is held accountable for something that occurred even if you are not directly involved.
Mr Handyman
Technician (Current Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXApril 8, 2017
I have been with Mr Handyman for over ten years. Typical days work could involved two or three jobs. Building relationships with customers, helping customers design projects, using my knowledge to advise customers of pro and cons of their project. I have improved my skills working with this team.Management has a team that holds employees accountable, develops tech skills by working with other techs, seminars and employee meetings. Culture at our office is professional, respectful and team oriented .Hardest part of the job is time management. Most enjoyable part of the job is the team we have built and the fact I can make as much money as I want and work as much as I want to get the salary I want.
Pros
Company vehicle, projects are scheduled and I don't have to chase the money.
Cons
Really hot weather and customers who try to cheap out.
The culture and values were exactly what I was looking for
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 30, 2017
They stand behind their words and care about individuals. The work is hard, but gratifying. The owners support my growth by offering training with tools and manufacturers. The company is part of a bigger group and that gives a real feeling of belonging
Pros
Variety, consistency, people
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 4, 2017
Training is very detailed. General Manager gives direction when needed. Everything is documented on how to do things correctly.
Everyone gets along in the office.
Clearly defined responsibilities
Pay is based on experience
Pros
Time off when needed and without hassles
Cons
Insurance would be nice
Not a good place to work
Handyman (Former Employee) –  Everett waFebruary 4, 2017
I work for Mr handymen and was lie to. Told me wood make good money never happen. The owner like to spend the money on her self take lots of vacation. I was told that in the winter it was slow but wood still make the hours and the pay that never happened. I like the guys in the field I worked with but other than that not a good place to work for
Pros
Van
Cons
No insurance bad pay
good company
Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 7, 2017
Professional company to work for.good pay and company benefits.coworkers are experienced and helpful.corporate atmosphere in the office.New vehicles to drive.
Long Hours and Hostile Work Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 29, 2016
This was the most unpleasant job I ever had. 50+ hours of week and still not enough for this owner. There is little training and instead of management showing you or directing you in the correct way to handle unsatisfied customers, they humiliate you and belittle you.
Receptionist/ Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 20, 2016
-Greet guests on the phone and in person.
-Answer phones, schedule appointments, and make confirmation calls.
-Handle money, checks, payroll, and process returns.
-Dispatch Technicians
-Help customers with any questions they may have.
Pros
Flexible
Not a horrible place to work, but not a career choice.
Tech (Former Employee) –  MidwestApril 6, 2016
The customer service people seem to work very well together. But there is to little work, spred much to thin between techs. Also expected to pick up materials and mark up what are already retail prices 40%, plus charge the customer that travel time.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Bad pay system and no where near a full time job
Handy man service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNFebruary 21, 2016
Small office franchise of 5 people assisting customers with repair and small remodel / building needs. This specific office moved away from my reasonable commute area and is no longer in business however there are other locations in the area.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mr. Handyman. Our community is ready to answer.