Mr. Rooter Plumbing Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Not worth your while
Excavation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, COApril 23, 2018
There were a lot of shady aspects about this job. The owner would disapear for days on end and when he came back he would shut down division. Once it was dispatch, once it was all plumbers and the last time it was the excavation department.
Pros
Cons
never knew if you would have a job from one day to the next
Horrible
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 23, 2018
Horrible place to work. Owner and manager are low, treat you very poorly and do not appreciate you or the work you do. They’re turn over rate is the worst
Scam artists. Even to their own hourly employees.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  OhioApril 6, 2018
This is a job that should only be taken by desperate and hard-up youth still living with their parents. As a laborer( jet driver) your the scum of the company and your treated as such.
Pros
Zero.
Cons
Everything else.
Mr, Rooter
Plumber (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMarch 29, 2018
I like working at Mr. Rooter. The people are very nice to work with. The work is good and I like what I do. The hours are good for me. A good comp[any to work for,
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Not Enough Hours
No benefits
Technician (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MIMarch 5, 2018
Dont go here. No base salary. Most places that have commission like car sales have a base salary. There is no benefits no health no vision no dental. The owner is bi polar. Great 1 day crazy the next.
daily routine
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAFebruary 21, 2018
I would answer the phones and set up appointments for both electric and for plumbing on a daily basis. I worked also help with dispatching the trucks.
Pros
no pros
Cons
drama based outfit
good place to work
SERVICE TECHNICIAN/SALESMAN (Former Employee) –  Douglas, GAFebruary 15, 2018
Working for Mr.Rooter was very different for me. I am use to working in a regular sales position. They paid commission by giving the service tech 21% of the bill. That's the main reason I wanted to work there.
nice place to work
Plumber (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAFebruary 9, 2018
I really enjoyed my time with this company. The owner is friendly and understanding of employees need. Overall I think it's a good place to work. I was just ready to leave to plumbing career.
Pros
competitive pay
Good company
Technician/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAFebruary 8, 2018
This was a good company to work for. Was a temporary and part time job while I was in high school and college. Flexible with my schedule and enjoyed working there.
Not very happy with this employer
Driver (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 6, 2018
Working at mr. Rooted was not a good experience in the eyes of see No how management works and treat their employees. The owner cared only about one thing and it was money, did not want to invest money to keep his employees happy. The supervisors would mislead some of the customers of the cost of the job by the house of were they lived. That would determine how much to charge them.
The hours were great but the pay and the environment was not.

Want to know more about Mr. Rooter Plumbing?

Ask a question
Unorganized desaster
Ran dig crew (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 29, 2018
Accounts were always getting shut off even though we were grossing 200,000 plus a month. The Mormon owner treated his workers terrible, with no respect whatsoever.
Pros
Worst place I've ever worked and will work you to death and don't care about their employees.
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Mt. Pleasant, MIJanuary 26, 2018
You are just a body keeping a seat warm for them. The owners will lie to your face and you're expected to lie to customers. Your phone calls are recorded and most of the customers will yell at you daily because they are being ripped off by the plumbers. It's not worth the headache. Apply somewhere else! Also, no lunch break is provided. You have to eat and work at the same time. Talk about illegal.
Pros
Paid nice
Cons
Too many to list
Quick and fast paced, fulfilling place to work.
Residential Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 20, 2018
Would recommend this employer to anyone that enjoys working on their own, and constantly learning new things. Opportunity for high income and moving up is a real possibility with this employer.
Pros
Great environment
I like to work. Professional
None (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 19, 2018
Im 10year experience pumping an electrical job.in Seychelles hotel and resorts maintenance department I do copper pipe plumbing and pvc, cpvc ppr,upvc pipe
Fun,
Appliance Installer (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 16, 2018
I loved installing appliance for mr rooter. I learned a lot I’m the plumbing and electrical trade. It started me on my career path I want to stick to.
My Work day
First Impression Representative (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHJanuary 16, 2018
A typical day at work can be busy or it can be slow. We still have things to keep us busy. Management are easy to talk to and they have been fair. the work place culture is diverse and everyone gets treated the same. I love the culture. Their is really nothing to hard at work when things do get a little complicated there is always someone there to help. the most enjoyable is I love the people and I love the job as a part time job for myself.
Pros
Free lunch, you can where jeans, and you get nice shirts and sweaters and hats.
Cons
I wish part timers could get pto or some vacation time
Absolutely the best company i have ever worked for one of my biggest mistakes was leaving Mr Rooter
Plumber (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJanuary 16, 2018
im in the process of trying to get hired on with another franchise I was the tech that operated the van with the chrome package on the old pricing menu guide!
Pros
Bonuses from the owner to the shop helper you felt like u belonged
Cons
Having to leave
great place to work at
Technician (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 27, 2017
A lot of hours but rewarding job.Had great training from beginning with a lot of opportunities.great for new plumbers in the industry trying to work and get great experience
Great job
Technician (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 17, 2017
Great people,I would still be there, But I moved back to Michigan.I learned a lot in a fast paced environment.I also specialized in hot water tanks through this company.
Was an okay place to work
Jet Driver (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHDecember 13, 2017
This was a great job I loved working there. The only thing I didn't like was the false promises of promotions and moving up. That is why I left there.