Mr. Rooter Plumbing Employee Reviews

Pathetic
Plumber (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 15, 2018
You are only paid a percentage and everything that you have to buy comes out of that. If you quote something by the book, they will send someone behind you to cut your throat on the price and you will lose money.
When you leave and you have a check waiting, the will charge you for tools you didn't want or buy, uniforms that you turned in, and recalls that were never called in.
Crooks. Never work for these people.
Pros
Quitting time
Awful
Plumbers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 11, 2018
They made me cut my dreads for the position then got rid of me about a month later. It's a good place to work if you are a white employee. The pay is awful.
Beware of this company
Apprentice Plumber (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 4, 2018
I got hired at a hourly rate that we agreed on and 4 weeks later they hired two other people. They brought me into office on the 5th week and told me that because they have to many people on payroll that they needed to reduce my pay $4.00 less then what I was originally getting paid! They basically forced me to quite.
Working here was fast paced.
Plumbing Technician (Former Employee) –  Tolono, ILSeptember 29, 2018
Working for mr rooter was fast paced. It had opertunities for bonus pay per performance. There was consistent training to help out both techs and owners.
Pros
Opertunies for bonus pay.
Cons
Fast work pace.
Hard work for Good People
Grounds Crew (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 29, 2018
This company strives to acquire hard working people that are willing to treat the customers they serve as they would treat themselves. Courteous and respectful they attempt to solve problem with all options open.
Pros
Has a membership
Cons
Paid with a comission
Managing 20+Technicians/Employees
LOGISTICS COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 27, 2018
Assign Technicians,Call Clients confirm their appointments and dispatch the call. Reconcile Purchase Orders, making certain they have been assigned to the call.
Prepare technicians pay logs for Accounting, some Accounting in house. Review and make corrections to technicians Commission reports for accuracy for payroll

Contact Vendors if need be
Handling Customer complaints
Processing checks for payments on jobs

I require little to No Supervision and work very well with others and multi-tasking is what I do
Pros
there is flexibility with hrs., I can start pretty early and out in time to be home for my Son
Cons
It is becoming very stressful and the management is not consistent
Management/owners in Mt. Pleasant is horrible
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MISeptember 27, 2018
Owner picks favorites, yells at employees, has unrealistic expectations for employees. Leaves them hanging on a promise of a raise or bonus. Fires people for little to no reason. Doesn't care about ANYTHING except the money, rips people off and refuses to listen to them. Wouldn't recommend this company to work for or for hire.
good
Plumber/ Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CASeptember 14, 2018
Great owners at the franchise I worked at. 150 characters minimum OK this is a dumb website to make me do this in order to post a resume but here it is 150 characters
Merger was rused
Plumber Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Wicomico County, MDAugust 22, 2018
my mr rooted was sold to other. They didn't know what to expect. First 2 weeks great, then maybe 2 calls per day. Said I wasn't good at sales. Moving on.
Cons
No calls
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Salinas, CAAugust 11, 2018
Answer calls for plumbing services assess and perform Diagnostics on all aspects of Plumbing and Heating throughout the day, communicating with the public control of inventory on the van proper procedure on invoicing emailing and starting and completing a job at hand
Pros
Good pay
Cons

Want to know more about Mr. Rooter Plumbing?

Ask a question
Bitter Office Team
Plumbing Technician (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAAugust 3, 2018
Mr Rooter is a low budget type of company. They pay the bare minimum, never tell you you're doing a good job, they never promote, abuse from anyone is tolerated and they make it crystal clear that they can fill your van the second you walk out the door because you have no value to them. Take "everyone is replaceable to a new level".
Pros
Offer some medical
Cons
No Breaks, No benefits, abusive work place
Joke of a place to work. Rips off employees and customers
Plumbing tech (Former Employee) –  Crossville, TNJuly 23, 2018
Manager and owners are a joke. Very unorganized. Rips off customers. If you like putting in a lot of free time this is a good place. Will drive 3 hours to make 20 bucks. All commission. Area of service to big. Manager or owner don’t wanna work. No help when you need.
fun competition
Plumber (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAJuly 17, 2018
manager does not care about you only the money he makes for the company. made me work with a root canal. the vans are not that good and unreliable.the owner is a good guy.
Pros
free gas
Cons
short breaks and long days
No hours
Plumbing Associate (Former Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALJuly 12, 2018
I had some up and downs at this company when I first started I got pretty good hours around 35-40 a week. At the end of my 3rd year I did not have any hours at all around 10-15 a week.
Pros
Great people
Cons
No hours
Management needs an overhaul but good starting company
Service Technician/Sales (Current Employee) –  Baldwin Park, CA 91706June 28, 2018
I learned many things at Mr Rooter, mostly self taught but I learned how some plumbing businesses are ran. I would have preferred a better compensation as their pay is based on commission and they deduct many fees such as advertising. I am a go getter and I am looking for a place where I can move up in the ranks and this is not that place.
Pros
Easy hours, work trucks available
Cons
Dispatch plays favorites, commission is too low to take care of my family
Management are the worst.
me (Former Employee) –  Northern ColoradoJune 19, 2018
Owner uses Operations Manager to try to bully staff, but then plays innocent when called on it.
Company has no ethics,
Changes pay plans to fit unqualified personel
Poor Ethics
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAJune 1, 2018
The Parent Company has strong Values. However The Franchisee does not follow those values very closely. The Franchisee Could use some more training on how to manage their employees to maintain better retention of employment.
No guidance for management
General Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 30, 2018
There was no guidance on how to achieve the goals set out. Unrealistic expectation of what a new company can do in terms of sales. Lack of training in management and accounting. Long hours with no reward.
Very young company with young owners
Office Manager/Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLMay 15, 2018
I had to leave Mr. Rooter due to the fact that the owners were using company funds for personal purchases and it was a scramble to meet payroll. I did achieve setting up numerous outstanding accounts for payment arrangements which did increase revenue.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
Poor management
Not worth your while
Excavation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, COApril 23, 2018
There were a lot of shady aspects about this job. The owner would disapear for days on end and when he came back he would shut down division. Once it was dispatch, once it was all plumbers and the last time it was the excavation department.
Pros
Cons
never knew if you would have a job from one day to the next

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mr. Rooter Plumbing. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about