Mr. Rooter Plumbing Employee Reviews

good place to work
Plumbing dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Macomb, MINovember 26, 2018
good people , hard workers , everyone is commented to doing the best job for the customer , and to make the customer happy .and fix what ever the problem is .
opt out
In Charge of all customer service calls and emails (Former Employee) –  Macomb, MINovember 24, 2018
I choose not to comment at this time. I Feel this was not the right fit for me and I was offered another job opportunity. I do not wish to comment negatively at this time.
Sales plumber
Service Plumber (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 9, 2018
If you want to plumb for dollars and not service,
If you want to blast your numbers on a board and get criticized for not enough up sales
If you care more about getting every dime outta call
This is the place
Pros
Staedy work load
Cons
Over priced book
Couldn’t say anything good about mr rooter
Apprentice Plumber/Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 6, 2018
They were very unprofessional and greedy. The owners are selfish and if you’re not in their dysfunctional family circle, you are meaningless to them. No sick days and after 5 years you gain one more week of vacation time
Pros
Unpaid lunches
Cons
No sick days
not fun not busy
Service Plumber (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 22, 2018
managers find every reason thery can to try and cut pay seems illegal at some times not enough work for all technicians to make adequate pay did not take care of there customers no loyalty to there workers
positive work environment
Plumbing Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 19, 2018
a typical day at work can range anywhere from clearing clogged drains to completely replacing an entire homes water pipes . the company is capable of performing jobs on any scale large or small.
the people I worked with here are top notch and friendly. very knowledgeable and willing share in the workload.
the owner takes care of his employees and is willing to help you learn and gain experience .
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
sometimes long hours and dirty work
Good
Dispatcher/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIOctober 18, 2018
I absolutely loved working there, great coworkers and owners very family oriented! It's very fast paced and not meant for everyone, but you are treated very well there as long as you do your job!
Good Company
Sales and Service (Current Employee) –  OhioOctober 18, 2018
Good Company

If you want to work 6/7 10+ hour days the money can be real good

Not much room for advancement
Pathetic
Plumber (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 15, 2018
You are only paid a percentage and everything that you have to buy comes out of that. If you quote something by the book, they will send someone behind you to cut your throat on the price and you will lose money.
When you leave and you have a check waiting, the will charge you for tools you didn't want or buy, uniforms that you turned in, and recalls that were never called in.
Crooks. Never work for these people.
Pros
Quitting time
Awful
Plumbers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 11, 2018
They made me cut my dreads for the position then got rid of me about a month later. It's a good place to work if you are a white employee. The pay is awful.
plenty of work
Plumbing Technician (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAOctober 6, 2018
lots of hours commission based no benefits when i started i was only making 20% commission and if you dont reach that your on a 400 dollar a week salary
Beware of this company
Apprentice Plumber (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 4, 2018
I got hired at a hourly rate that we agreed on and 4 weeks later they hired two other people. They brought me into office on the 5th week and told me that because they have to many people on payroll that they needed to reduce my pay $4.00 less then what I was originally getting paid! They basically forced me to quite.
Working here was fast paced.
Plumbing Technician (Former Employee) –  Tolono, ILSeptember 29, 2018
Working for mr rooter was fast paced. It had opertunities for bonus pay per performance. There was consistent training to help out both techs and owners.
Pros
Opertunies for bonus pay.
Cons
Fast work pace.
Hard work for Good People
Grounds Crew (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 29, 2018
This company strives to acquire hard working people that are willing to treat the customers they serve as they would treat themselves. Courteous and respectful they attempt to solve problem with all options open.
Pros
Has a membership
Cons
Paid with a comission
Managing 20+Technicians/Employees
LOGISTICS COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 27, 2018
Assign Technicians,Call Clients confirm their appointments and dispatch the call. Reconcile Purchase Orders, making certain they have been assigned to the call.
Prepare technicians pay logs for Accounting, some Accounting in house. Review and make corrections to technicians Commission reports for accuracy for payroll

Contact Vendors if need be
Handling Customer complaints
Processing checks for payments on jobs

I require little to No Supervision and work very well with others and multi-tasking is what I do
Pros
there is flexibility with hrs., I can start pretty early and out in time to be home for my Son
Cons
It is becoming very stressful and the management is not consistent
Management/owners in Mt. Pleasant is horrible
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MISeptember 27, 2018
Owner picks favorites, yells at employees, has unrealistic expectations for employees. Leaves them hanging on a promise of a raise or bonus. Fires people for little to no reason. Doesn't care about ANYTHING except the money, rips people off and refuses to listen to them. Wouldn't recommend this company to work for or for hire.
good
Plumber/ Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CASeptember 14, 2018
Great owners at the franchise I worked at. 150 characters minimum OK this is a dumb website to make me do this in order to post a resume but here it is 150 characters
Merger was rused
Plumber Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Wicomico County, MDAugust 22, 2018
my mr rooted was sold to other. They didn't know what to expect. First 2 weeks great, then maybe 2 calls per day. Said I wasn't good at sales. Moving on.
Cons
No calls
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Salinas, CAAugust 11, 2018
Answer calls for plumbing services assess and perform Diagnostics on all aspects of Plumbing and Heating throughout the day, communicating with the public control of inventory on the van proper procedure on invoicing emailing and starting and completing a job at hand
Pros
Good pay
Bitter Office Team
Plumbing Technician (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAAugust 3, 2018
Mr Rooter is a low budget type of company. They pay the bare minimum, never tell you you're doing a good job, they never promote, abuse from anyone is tolerated and they make it crystal clear that they can fill your van the second you walk out the door because you have no value to them. Take "everyone is replaceable to a new level".
Pros
Offer some medical
Cons
No Breaks, No benefits, abusive work place

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mr. Rooter Plumbing. Our community is ready to answer.