Mr. Rooter Plumbing Employee Reviews

Bitter Office Team
Plumbing Technician (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAAugust 3, 2018
Mr Rooter is a low budget type of company. They pay the bare minimum, never tell you you're doing a good job, they never promote, abuse from anyone is tolerated and they make it crystal clear that they can fill your van the second you walk out the door because you have no value to them. Take "everyone is replaceable to a new level".
Pros
Offer some medical
Cons
No Breaks, No benefits, abusive work place
Joke of a place to work. Rips off employees and customers
Plumbing tech (Former Employee) –  Crossville, TNJuly 23, 2018
Manager and owners are a joke. Very unorganized. Rips off customers. If you like putting in a lot of free time this is a good place. Will drive 3 hours to make 20 bucks. All commission. Area of service to big. Manager or owner don’t wanna work. No help when you need.
No hours
Plumbing Associate (Former Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALJuly 12, 2018
I had some up and downs at this company when I first started I got pretty good hours around 35-40 a week. At the end of my 3rd year I did not have any hours at all around 10-15 a week.
Pros
Great people
Cons
No hours
Management needs an overhaul but good starting company
Service Technician/Sales (Current Employee) –  Baldwin Park, CA 91706June 28, 2018
I learned many things at Mr Rooter, mostly self taught but I learned how some plumbing businesses are ran. I would have preferred a better compensation as their pay is based on commission and they deduct many fees such as advertising. I am a go getter and I am looking for a place where I can move up in the ranks and this is not that place.
Pros
Easy hours, work trucks available
Cons
Dispatch plays favorites, commission is too low to take care of my family
Management are the worst.
me (Former Employee) –  Northern ColoradoJune 19, 2018
Owner uses Operations Manager to try to bully staff, but then plays innocent when called on it.
Company has no ethics,
Changes pay plans to fit unqualified personel
Poor Ethics
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAJune 1, 2018
The Parent Company has strong Values. However The Franchisee does not follow those values very closely. The Franchisee Could use some more training on how to manage their employees to maintain better retention of employment.
No guidance for management
General Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 30, 2018
There was no guidance on how to achieve the goals set out. Unrealistic expectation of what a new company can do in terms of sales. Lack of training in management and accounting. Long hours with no reward.
Very young company with young owners
Office Manager/Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLMay 15, 2018
I had to leave Mr. Rooter due to the fact that the owners were using company funds for personal purchases and it was a scramble to meet payroll. I did achieve setting up numerous outstanding accounts for payment arrangements which did increase revenue.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
Poor management
Not worth your while
Excavation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, COApril 23, 2018
There were a lot of shady aspects about this job. The owner would disapear for days on end and when he came back he would shut down division. Once it was dispatch, once it was all plumbers and the last time it was the excavation department.
Pros
Cons
never knew if you would have a job from one day to the next
Horrible
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 23, 2018
Horrible place to work. Owner and manager are low, treat you very poorly and do not appreciate you or the work you do. They’re turn over rate is the worst
Scam artists. Even to their own hourly employees.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  OhioApril 6, 2018
This is a job that should only be taken by desperate and hard-up youth still living with their parents. As a laborer( jet driver) your the scum of the company and your treated as such.
Pros
Zero.
Cons
Everything else.
Mr, Rooter
Plumber (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMarch 29, 2018
I like working at Mr. Rooter. The people are very nice to work with. The work is good and I like what I do. The hours are good for me. A good comp[any to work for,
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Not Enough Hours
Full Scale Plumbing Company
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTMarch 27, 2018
Mr. Rooter is a smaller plumbing and drain cleaning company. We pride ourselves in our customer service and we take great pride in the jobs we do. What sets us apart is we do not charge after hours or weekend charges, we warranty our work, and do not leave a customer issue unresolved.

Here at work we are close and have little to no turn around. We are quick to help you if you are on the struggle at a job. The one thing we do better than taking care of our customers, is taking care of our employees!
Pros
Honest, reliable, dedicated to our staff and customers.
No benefits
Technician (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MIMarch 5, 2018
Dont go here. No base salary. Most places that have commission like car sales have a base salary. There is no benefits no health no vision no dental. The owner is bi polar. Great 1 day crazy the next.
A day at Rooter Hero
Administrative/ Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 1, 2018
Best job ever! Best boss ever!

I can honestly say I love my job.This work environment as far as management is awesome.

When it comes to the work pace it is very fast pace and you literally have to stay on track otherwise work will pile up on you in a split second. Being able to multitask is a must.
Pros
You get to help others on a daily basic
Cons
You can't take a day off unless really it's needed
daily routine
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAFebruary 21, 2018
I would answer the phones and set up appointments for both electric and for plumbing on a daily basis. I worked also help with dispatching the trucks.
Pros
no pros
Cons
drama based outfit
Great Place to Work
Dispatcher/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXFebruary 20, 2018
Great work environment if not hectic at times. Management is very hands on & helpful when needed. It has a small business family feel to it. It's nice to be able to get to know the technicians & their families when things are calm around the office & at get togethers. The hardest part of the job is having a full schedule & having emergencies come in along with technicians running into trouble in the field & not being available to provide service to others in need. The most enjoyable part of the job is simply the people I worked with. They can be professional & business like but still be jovial & fun as well as caring & personable. I was truly sad leaving this job but also grateful for everything I'd learned there.
Pros
It was only ten minutes away from my house making going home at lunchtime easy.
Cons
That these folks only run one franchise instead of a chain of businesses.
good place to work
SERVICE TECHNICIAN/SALESMAN (Former Employee) –  Douglas, GAFebruary 15, 2018
Working for Mr.Rooter was very different for me. I am use to working in a regular sales position. They paid commission by giving the service tech 21% of the bill. That's the main reason I wanted to work there.
nice place to work
Plumber (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAFebruary 9, 2018
I really enjoyed my time with this company. The owner is friendly and understanding of employees need. Overall I think it's a good place to work. I was just ready to leave to plumbing career.
Pros
competitive pay
Good company
Technician/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAFebruary 8, 2018
This was a good company to work for. Was a temporary and part time job while I was in high school and college. Flexible with my schedule and enjoyed working there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mr. Rooter Plumbing. Our community is ready to answer.