MRC Global Employee Reviews

satisfactory place to work
Lead Warehouse Representative (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 6, 2018
for as long as i've been there , you never know if you are gonna be laid off. The management never care how their employees are doing, they never say great job , its very depressing.
Good Company
Management (Former Employee) –  West TexasAugust 28, 2018
Excellent organization to work for with all the bells and whistles with respect to benefits. This company does a great job of promoting from within as evident by the internal job opportunity postings.
Benefits
Cons
Training
No raise
Loader warehouse (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 20, 2018
I didn't get a raise on my review lol have been there 5 or 6 years without raises it was a stressful place I was treated unfairly we can discuss this in person too
overall, decent place to work
Warehouse Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Nitro, WVAugust 16, 2018
Decent company to work for, just unfortunately, they are closing the location in which I work at. Only a select few are going to be given the opportunity to relocate to another location. Sadly, I haven't been with the company long enough.
Pros
heathcare, good atmosphere
Cons
no room to grow with company, no raises
Good company
Regional Project Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 16, 2018
I enjoyed my beginning years of work. after that, I was overworked and the stress level built. Direct management was good. I got burnt out after 5 years into my last due to no life personally. worked weekends.
Good company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 25, 2018
Fast paced, high stress, long hours. Big company. Easy to get lost, hard to move forward. Decent pay. Good benefits. Good people. Still maintains a good 'ol boy mentality in more than few areas. Employees can be distrustful and a tad paranoid of newcomers and hateful of those who move on. It can be tough to feel accepted or appreciated at a big company like MRC. Still, pretty good overall place to work.
I enjoyed most of my time while employed at MRC Global
Senior Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMJune 15, 2018
A typical day at work was preparing quotes, taking quotes and turning to orders.
Ordering the non-stock material, scheduling deliveries of material to the customer.
Follow up with customer during the length of the project, and processing any returns after the project was complete.
Also helped with shipping and receiving, and cycle counts.
Also, as needed, ordered material for stock.
Pros
Strong company to work for
Cons
As with most large companies, you are just a number
Great company to work for
Tubular Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJune 14, 2018
Great benefits when I worked there. Had an awesome cafeteria downstairs and even workout equipment and pool table upstairs free to use on your lunch or breaks. Very happy working there.
good
Inside Sales Rep (ISR) (Former Employee) –  Midland, TX 79706June 12, 2018
good company and great atmosphere to be apart of

Rate this company

*required

Overall rating*

Job Culture a a
great people to work with
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Alva, OKJune 11, 2018
the company is very good to work for but in the industry they are in you have to be willing to move if you want to stay with the company and or move up
Benefits make it worth it
Credit Analyst / AR Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVMay 29, 2018
The benefits are great.
I worked in a department that had very poor management. Unfortunately, I was there during a time when openings in other departments were rare occurences. If I would have moved to another department I would still be with MRC.

I would steer clear from their multiple accounting departments.
At one time great, now just a step
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 22, 2018
At one time MRC was an outstanding company that showed great loyalty and investment in it's employees. However, after the current CEO came on board, people became the last priority of the company. Now the environment is one of fear and "find your corner and keep your head down"
Place where people settle in their positions, no room for growth
Branch Administrator/Sales Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Benicia, CAMay 22, 2018
Unless you're willing to relocate there's no room for growth. The moral under current management is very low and they would much rather hire from outside than to let employees excel in new positions. It does offer good benefits, not very good salary or raises.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Low moral
overall positive
Outside Sales/Procurement Representative (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNMay 13, 2018
Day to day is okay. Overall, job security is the biggest issue. I don't enjoy wondering if this year's sales are going to be enough. Management is great for the most part, but there are too many chiefs and not enough Indians.
Flexible
Warehouse Shipping Specialist (Current Employee) –  Munster, IN 46321April 18, 2018
I love the flexibility that this job has to offer but the lack of Managerial strength at this company causes stress and strain amongst the employees.
good place to work. low wages
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Narrows, VAMarch 29, 2018
Low wages.. Good place to work. Laid back great balance between work and home life. Good benefits no complaint about those. Just pay is very very low.
Management is exceptional
Account Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 25, 2018
Upper management was always open to be able to talk to , and always willing to help with any issues you had. The team I was on was amazing, and we were very willing to help each other if we ever needed it, or if we were out of the office.
OK place to start as a person wanting to get experience in warehouse
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 21, 2018
Come in and print tickets for next days deliveries and pull product for those deliveries. Lots of different types of nipples, valves, and connectors in natural gas.
Pros
Free Lunch once a month (Branch Meeting)
Cons
Listening to Branch Report
Good Managers who let us do our jobs
IT Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 6, 2018
Neither of my directors were into micro-management. I had a job to do and they let me do it. If I ever had questions or issues they were there to answer my questions or direct me, and if there were issues they had my back.
Pros
I work from home, I have built strong working relationships.
Cons
Corporate won't hire unless the employee is in Houston or Charleston, Wv
Great place to work. Good atmosphere.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 23, 2018
From the time you started working there. The time I left I gained so much general knowledge in the industry that I had no idea it would project me to other job careers with the knowledge I gained.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MRC Global. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about