MRC Global Employee Reviews

High expectations with poor leadership and training.
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, MAJanuary 19, 2019
The company as a whole was good to work for. However the local facility was poorly ran. The manager showed extreme favoritism towards certain employees and looked down on everyone else. Every request for additional job training was met with false promises or denials. The most enjoyable part of the job was the warehouse/drivers. The hardest part of the job was feeling like there was a target on my back everyday,
Pros
Free Gatorade.
Cons
Blatent Favortism.
the hardest part of the job
Driver/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GADecember 27, 2018
short staffed...no promotions,,,no rasies ...no overtime...no equal share work operations...no back harness...no bonuses..bad attitudes..no growth within
Pros
off weekends
Cons
no promotions or raises
good place to work
invoice auditing specialist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVDecember 23, 2018
can be fast paced and stressful at times. Managers very helpful and listen to ideas and complaints.follows osha rules and has drills often. Offers classes in different areas to be promoted if willing
Pros
nice lunchroom, friendly coworkers
Quick paced work area
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXDecember 5, 2018
The job was being able to operate a forklift and pick up a good amount of weight to get your sweat going the pay and work was fairly easy and simple the work employees and managers were just not my place to be involved.
Pros
Money was good
Cons
Management horrible
Very pressuring job
AR Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVNovember 29, 2018
At MRC you don't get "thanked" for your contribution to the company and your roll, it's always wanting more with less guidance.
Management needs better people skills
Pros
day shift
Cons
management
Awsome place to work
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Bellingham, MANovember 4, 2018
Great group of people to work with. As long as you do your work( which everyone does) you should have no problems. The branch manager takes care of his workers, he understands when life sometimes gets in the way of work, ie: family matters, sickness, ect. Anyone there would give you a hand if needed with out hesitation.
Pros
free coffee, snacks always, lunch on occasion.
too much work too littlepay and not enough staff
A/R Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVOctober 29, 2018
a million dollar company need more than 10 people to take care of its accounts. little to no training and you are expected to keep up with all the incoming monies
Cons
too much work not enough time or staff
Typical fortune 500 company
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYOctober 9, 2018
Upper management was always about the dollar and the advancement of "special" projects. Most recently was promoting a son through the steps of advancement so he could move on to the big title, in the process they managed to run off my Boss and myself. Did the company care? No. Lost well over 40 years combined sales experience and the Branch tanked...
Pros
Decent starting pay
Cons
It's not what you know....
Terrible management-
Freight Associate (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVOctober 4, 2018
I was fired for taking time off for a funeral and oral surgery. I was treated poorly by my manager. He treated males better than females. The training is bull and they get mad when you don’t do it the right way! Yet they don’t train you, they expect other employees to train you. Bull company with bull managers!
Overly stressful job
Shipping specialist (Current Employee) –  Nitro, WVSeptember 29, 2018
Too much stress for low pay. Went six years without a raise and then got 20 cents. We outperformed every warehouse in the US every year, but are being shut down so they can make up for spending a huge amount of money on new warehouses.
Very productive work environment
Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXSeptember 18, 2018
Awesome people to work with. Very fast paced and use safety precautions in every sense. The people there are full of energy and eager to welcome new comers.
satisfactory place to work
Lead Warehouse Representative (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 6, 2018
for as long as i've been there , you never know if you are gonna be laid off. The management never care how their employees are doing, they never say great job , its very depressing.
Good Company
Management (Former Employee) –  West TexasAugust 28, 2018
Excellent organization to work for with all the bells and whistles with respect to benefits. This company does a great job of promoting from within as evident by the internal job opportunity postings.
Benefits
Cons
Training
No raise
Loader warehouse (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 20, 2018
I didn't get a raise on my review lol have been there 5 or 6 years without raises it was a stressful place I was treated unfairly we can discuss this in person too
overall, decent place to work
Warehouse Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Nitro, WVAugust 16, 2018
Decent company to work for, just unfortunately, they are closing the location in which I work at. Only a select few are going to be given the opportunity to relocate to another location. Sadly, I haven't been with the company long enough.
Pros
heathcare, good atmosphere
Cons
no room to grow with company, no raises
Good company
Regional Project Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 16, 2018
I enjoyed my beginning years of work. after that, I was overworked and the stress level built. Direct management was good. I got burnt out after 5 years into my last due to no life personally. worked weekends.
Good company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 25, 2018
Fast paced, high stress, long hours. Big company. Easy to get lost, hard to move forward. Decent pay. Good benefits. Good people. Still maintains a good 'ol boy mentality in more than few areas. Employees can be distrustful and a tad paranoid of newcomers and hateful of those who move on. It can be tough to feel accepted or appreciated at a big company like MRC. Still, pretty good overall place to work.
I enjoyed most of my time while employed at MRC Global
Senior Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMJune 15, 2018
A typical day at work was preparing quotes, taking quotes and turning to orders.
Ordering the non-stock material, scheduling deliveries of material to the customer.
Follow up with customer during the length of the project, and processing any returns after the project was complete.
Also helped with shipping and receiving, and cycle counts.
Also, as needed, ordered material for stock.
Pros
Strong company to work for
Cons
As with most large companies, you are just a number
Great company to work for
Tubular Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJune 14, 2018
Great benefits when I worked there. Had an awesome cafeteria downstairs and even workout equipment and pool table upstairs free to use on your lunch or breaks. Very happy working there.
good
Inside Sales Rep (ISR) (Former Employee) –  Midland, TX 79706June 12, 2018
good company and great atmosphere to be apart of

Rate this company

*required

Overall rating*

Job Culture a a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MRC Global. Our community is ready to answer.