MS Companies Employee Reviews

nice overall job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCOctober 15, 2018
A typical day at work was usually good. I learned a lot in the management field. I think it pre paired me for the future. Management was strict but effective. great culture in the workplace. there was no hard thing bout this job.
Boring job!!! Not happy when i left
Parts inspector (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, ALOctober 14, 2018
First of all,too many indian chiefs on job site that really do nothing,when your actual job runs out in the plant,you get sent home,i didnt get my first paycheck till the following week,scary situation,one of the ladies in office was so mean to me about,yelling at me in front of people waiting to be hired.overall,i didnt mind standing there making the kind of money i did
Pros
Easy, boring work
Cons
Stand around in one spot too, too long doing nothing
Productive team effert
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Bellefountaine ohioOctober 8, 2018
MScompany was a chilled place to work. loved working with the team effort people on my crew. Was always productive and prosociel. Team leaders was nice and helpful with any questions..
Pros
Know where we stood when we got there.
Cons
Pay rate wasnt what you would expect.
I enjoy working for this company
Assembler (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaOctober 5, 2018
I enjoy working for this company because the job I was on was easy and simple, and when I had family emergencies they understood and secured my job for me.
Review
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYOctober 3, 2018
Lack of stability and job security. You must have a sort in order to work, if there is no sort from the client or company, then you don't have work. I think MS Companies is good for retired individual, college students, and disabled veterans.
Pros
Supervisors, Environment, Different Locations
Cons
No steady work
position to various certain positions around ohio arer
Machine Operator, Assembly, Order Selecter (Current Employee) –  Marysville, OHOctober 1, 2018
i cleaned and wiped down machines. i ran machines a machine operatoer ive also ran press machines. industrial cleaning and working with people. assembly and pruduction
Management needs to be trained
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 30, 2018
I felt I was treated with disrespect because of my size & I was told daily I was to small to do something. The management team would have you in training for maybe 10mins then leave but if you ran into an issue she’d roll her eyes & make you feel you were the problem. The saying too many chiefs not enough Indian’s can best describe the people on the night shift for MS companies . Plus every 3 days you’d have to get a new badge but I never received payment for arriving early nor my time spent driving back & fourth getting temp badges was ever paid for.
Very productive
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYSeptember 29, 2018
Productive workplace with good people and opportunities. Advancement is made easy with available training through the MS Mobile app. Overall satisfied with my employment
Cons
Work security
Nice clean workspace nice vibe
inspector (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 26, 2018
Nice work areas . fair management . They let us listen to music sometimes if we were ahead of our work .We had a good team . No problems . No mess . No distraction . Overal Good
Pros
good managment
great place to start
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHSeptember 24, 2018
early to rise late to bed havent worked for company since being hurt 8/14/15 was good to work for then it seemed to be changing hands and who was in control. heard lately that all upper bosses were released dont know the situation also closed offices down and "down sized"
Pros
worked with people you know
Cons
pay
Unorganized company
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MISeptember 24, 2018
My short time working there I would have to call or text my supervisor if I had to work that day and that’s something I’m personally not used to I like to receive a schedule from my employer.
Pros
You make a nice about of money for easy work
Cons
You don’t have a set schedule and you only have 2 short breaks
Not a good company
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  GlasgowSeptember 24, 2018
Was told to go to one factory was made to believe it was full time meaning wasn’t told it was a three day job then went another factory was told I would be lead kept asking way I wasn’t being trained was given a excuse then was told oh your training will start next week then was texted said change of plans I don’t need you at this factory because your pay increase for lead isn’t promised so if they get something down the line they will call you hmmm no don’t call me
Pros
Cons
Sucks
Fast Paced
Quality Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Berea, KYSeptember 16, 2018
If you're lazy don't apply, fast paced and need hard workers. Can work with your hours of availability but expect to work 10-12hr shifts at least 5-6 days a week.
You can't get an answered call at this place or a returned call.
temp worker (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYSeptember 15, 2018
I have called no answer leave voicemails no returned calls, must not care bout placing you at jobs. I just wonder if their customers know this? Not a good way to have a business.
Great Job
Quality Inspector Team leader-Akebono (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCSeptember 5, 2018
Enjoyed working here, pay was decent and hours were good
The only issue with working for MS Companies is you don't know how long a job will last, you are not informed until the last day, Very flexible work schedule
Pros
relaxed flexible unlimited hours
Cons
in certain areas not enough work
temp jobs only
Quality inspector (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 5, 2018
sometimes there are no supervision not enough staff to do the job underpaid move you around a lot slow pase easy learning no growing room hard to get in contact with supervisors
horrible company to work for
John H. Stroger Jr (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 27, 2018
HORRIBLE company to work for. Prejudice. Major lack of communication. Management changes every second. No one knows what they heck they are doing. Lack of appreciation.
Great & Terrible
Quality Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 24, 2018
No one usually has advancement or raise opportunities. I was a lucky one. I happened to be taken under someone's wing. I received 2 promotions within 5 years & all of it was because of him. I owe all of my success with the company to one person. On the flip side, I owe all of my problems with the company to one person! So, one person can make or break you. No one will ever get a raise unless promoted & that's very unlikely. As I said, I was the lucky one. Until the new quality manager took over. He was awful! I loved the company but my advise to anyone else would be that the company sucks unless you're a supervisor or higher. Then there are many great percs!
Pros
Great percs and compensation IF you're a supervisor or higher.
Cons
Everything sucks for the average inspector.
Big place fool of new friends
Inspector (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 22, 2018
Everyone at first don’t look like the nicest of people, but in reality they are the friendliest people you will work with. So understanding of the new employees, and showing them how to work the machine when they need help.
Pros
If they call you on a Saturday and you only work 2 hours, but then you get paid for 5 hours for showing up.
Cons
Sleeves
MS Companiesp good job, not a career
Employee (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 21, 2018
A day is hectic. The things put on the supervisors/team leads at this company are stressful and not obtainable in a reasonable amount of time causing long days. It seems as though the executive management team has forgotten what it is we do, and what the customers of this company pay for.

I did learn a lot during my time at MS Companies, however once I reached a certain level I was stuck with no room for advancement. They would bring in new people off the street to change everything who wouldn't bother to walk in the lower level employees shoes before creating more work to make life easier on themselves.

The workplace is hectic depending on where you go. The hardest part of the job was not getting what you needed from management in a timely manor.

This is a good entry level company to start for, but once you start advancing the stress/workload isn't worth the pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MS Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight