MS Companies Employee Reviews

You learn, you earn
Corporate Employee (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 15, 2018
I was able to work my way up to the management level by proving my ability and how much I care about the place. When it comes to the career opportunity and pay raise, this company has been nothing but fair to me. I truly believe the company sees and knows how much employees care about their job and company.

Great people with great culture. People know how to work hard and have fun at the same time.

It is a very fast paced and high volume environment.
Pros
Free Lunch once a week at corporate. Great 401K match plan
Cons
Fast paced & high volume environment. If you don't want to work in the fast paced company, this will be a huge cons for you.
Potential for Growth/Work Life Balance/Invested in Employees
Sales and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 14, 2018
I feel very fortunate to work for MS Companies. I can say that I work for a company that believes in transparency, success achieved by the many not the one, work life balance, and personal growth. I have been with this company for two years and I can say they are focusing on company culture, personal success and company growth every single day. I am challenged daily to put my brain to work and come up with solutions that effect the business and that is exciting to me. I have a purpose everyday when I come to work and that is so fulfilling. The mentality here is that there is no cap on your success, your work and passion drives you and skies the limit. This is a great career for those who are self motivated. I love the people I work with and I am happy to support this company.
Stay away from this company!!!
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Athens, TNJanuary 8, 2019
This is a company previously known as Quality Resources. In hopes that things would have changed I learned the hard way that it is the same players just a different name to mask the poor management, lying and empty promises of advancement, concern for well being of employees, and lack of communication throughout the whole chain of levels of employees to supervisors to management to HR to owners of this corporation!!! Do yourself a favor, there are plenty of other companies hiring with better opportunities and benefits to apply for.
Pros
Cons
everything
Hard Work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Westpoint, GaNovember 30, 2018
Tedious and incredibly physical and back breaking work should he expected for little more than minimum wage. Very high turnover rate. Strict goals must be met in order to ensure the company remains in compliance with contractual obligations. Failure to comply can and will result in layoffs. But the regulars are great, and management is great. Just don't get lazy. And do not expect to have your cell phone out - not even for a second- or you can and will be terminated.
Pros
Shuttle bus transportation to and from West Point
Cons
Pay, Job security, turnover rate, benefits, paid time off
Enjoy working at MS Companies
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 14, 2018
I enjoy working at MS Companies. Everyone is very helpful and willing to take on challenges when faced with them. MS Companies invests in making sure that I am learning and growing with the company. I have a work life balance and many other perks too! The work isn't easy but I'm willing to put in the effort to succeed and continue to grow with MS Companies. The best part is having a team that believes in you and is confident in that you are doing your job and I'm not being micro managed. I believe in Management and feel I've made the right choice for myself and family.
Pros
Worklife balance
Cons
Wish I would have started sooner!
Great Place to Work
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 14, 2018
I have been with MS Companies a little over a year now. I really enjoy my position and do not plan on leaving. The culture here is very fun and relaxed,everyone gets along really well. I feel my co-workers have also become some of my closest friends.

My manager is wonderful, she is always willing to go the extra mile to help in anyway she can. She is very patient and always willing to answer questions we may have. I feel this has a large impact with my overall happiness here.
Pros
Free Lunch, Smoothie bar, Personal Trainer, Culture, Advancement
Great company, focus on working hard both for company as well as self
Director of Finance (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 14, 2018
The company works hard to find successful opportunities for individuals. While it is temporary work, there is an effort to keep the workers moving from opportunity to opportunity to minimize time out of work. For the main office, there is a small gym on site with a focus on healthy eating and time for exercise to reduce stress and increase mental awareness. MS companies truly works to make sure the employees are taken care of as best as possible.
Pros
focus on health, family, and career advancement.
Cons
benefits are expensive
MS Companiesp good job, not a career
Employee (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 21, 2018
A day is hectic. The things put on the supervisors/team leads at this company are stressful and not obtainable in a reasonable amount of time causing long days. It seems as though the executive management team has forgotten what it is we do, and what the customers of this company pay for.

I did learn a lot during my time at MS Companies, however once I reached a certain level I was stuck with no room for advancement. They would bring in new people off the street to change everything who wouldn't bother to walk in the lower level employees shoes before creating more work to make life easier on themselves.

The workplace is hectic depending on where you go. The hardest part of the job was not getting what you needed from management in a timely manor.

This is a good entry level company to start for, but once you start advancing the stress/workload isn't worth the pay.
Great & Terrible
Quality Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 24, 2018
No one usually has advancement or raise opportunities. I was a lucky one. I happened to be taken under someone's wing. I received 2 promotions within 5 years & all of it was because of him. I owe all of my success with the company to one person. On the flip side, I owe all of my problems with the company to one person! So, one person can make or break you. No one will ever get a raise unless promoted & that's very unlikely. As I said, I was the lucky one. Until the new quality manager took over. He was awful! I loved the company but my advise to anyone else would be that the company sucks unless you're a supervisor or higher. Then there are many great percs!
Pros
Great percs and compensation IF you're a supervisor or higher.
Cons
Everything sucks for the average inspector.
Not a staffing agency! Work hard and move up!
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  TennesseeDecember 27, 2018
My experience has been fantastic, it's hard work not physically hard but mentally. If you are goal oriented & want a career path but havent found yours yet, tell your MS supervisor how much you want to learn & why you love the job. MS loves to promote within. I havent been off due to lack of work EVER in a year with MS.
Pros
Pay, hours, self / time management, vacation insurance, experience
Cons
Hard to turn off at the end of thr day
Amazing Place to Work That Truly Cares
Payroll (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 14, 2018
MS Companies is an amazing company to work for. They offer flexible scheduling and amazing career opportunities. They truly understand that sometimes life happens and they are never hesitant to work with you. I wouldn't want to be working anywhere else!!
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Competitive Pay, Family Environment
great for for a wile
qualty (Former Employee) –  Berea, KYDecember 22, 2018
i was very happy there until upper management walked in and fired half the staff for little to no reason. so i was stuck working 4 peoples job on my own thats when i left the company. before that the people i worked with where very good people.
Pros
good people and job
Cons
dont expect to work there for more then a few months.
nice overall job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCOctober 15, 2018
A typical day at work was usually good. I learned a lot in the management field. I think it pre paired me for the future. Management was strict but effective. great culture in the workplace. there was no hard thing bout this job.
Management needs to be trained
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 30, 2018
I felt I was treated with disrespect because of my size & I was told daily I was to small to do something. The management team would have you in training for maybe 10mins then leave but if you ran into an issue she’d roll her eyes & make you feel you were the problem. The saying too many chiefs not enough Indian’s can best describe the people on the night shift for MS companies . Plus every 3 days you’d have to get a new badge but I never received payment for arriving early nor my time spent driving back & fourth getting temp badges was ever paid for.
Fast paced growing company.
Executive (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 14, 2018
Fast paced growing company providing tremendous growth potential for eager and energetic associates. Those leaders who are committed to the success MS Companies have unlimited growth opportunities. MS Companies fosters a culture of collaborative teamwork and team building.
Pros
Open and collaborative culture
Cons
Expectations are very high
Poor Unprofessional Management
Quality Inspection Associate (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNMay 22, 2018
Managers Assign Best Shifts To Individuals Based Not On Their Skills But Favoritism There Is No Room For Advancement
Work Life Management Is Difficult With This Company Due To Unscheduled Over Time Hours Manager
Cons
poor management, non stable company
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Rockmart, GAJanuary 13, 2019
Unstable , Poor management .. they never tell you when the job ends .. Wishy, washy management.. just unstable company over all. I've seen them fire ppl for taking their young sick kids to the doctor who has medical problems.. And you don't even have a call in # to report anything . ( The contract & MS at JSC) if you want a stable job , to move up in . This is not the place , Although money is good ! Hectic hours . No days off !
Great Company / Excellent Training to enable you to succeed
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  AlabamaNovember 14, 2018
MS Companies gives you the tools you need to succeed in your specific role as well as guidelines to help the advancement of the company as well as your personal goals. Goal oriented, team driven company that provides data to show your performance regularly to help you exceed in your performance.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Time Commitment
Easy Money and horrible hours
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Marysville, OHJune 23, 2018
Very repetitive work. nothing there is hard or heavy. you may get dirty but the worse part is the awful management. Favoritism and racial bias runs rampant concealed under a fake smile. If there one complains about a manager to HR, the manager in question is briefed and put in charge of taking care of the problem. Cool except she may be the problem.
Tread lightly because it is standard practice to be told, that you are not needed today I will call you when the work picks up." This company inspects seats for Honda, there is always work.
These are things that I have witnessed over the past year. Very unethical but the pay is not bad compared to other warehouse jobs in the area.
Pros
$13/hr unlimited overtime
Cons
Unethical management, mind-numbingly boring, gossip-fueled environment.
Too Much Favoritism
Quality Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMay 17, 2018
MS Companies has to much favoritism. Management sucks, when higher paying jobs comes available MS looks over the best workers. They don't believe in giving raises.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MS Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight