MS Companies Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Awesome place to work.
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Moody, ALAugust 9, 2018
The ladies in the office were super nice. I recommend if you want a job quick, contact ms companies. 2, 15 minutes breakes. Plus a 30 minute lunch break.
Pros
2 15 minute breaks and 30 minute lunch where i work. 5 days a week. Overtime if you want it.
Cons
Nothing really
There are pro's and con's working with this company. You relocate a lot, no benefits, and each job is temporary. They do give you a second chance.
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, INAugust 7, 2018
I would recommend this company to anyone who needs a second chance. They're very flexible but professional at the same time. If you need a work history and a chance to prove yourself this is the company you need.
Pros
Paid lunch, hospitality, willing to work around schedule
Cons
Transfer often not full-time
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAAugust 7, 2018
A lot of walking and bending. Management was not a team player and lack of communication. He rarely made to work on time and rarely helped out. Most enjoyable was some of the people I worked with.
Pros
breaks
Cons
management and communication
Not a good company
inspector/ team leader (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHAugust 6, 2018
This place didn't listen to their employee's when they told managnement problems. But other than that it was a ok company, there was 0% chance of getting promoted.
Pros
Got to eat lunch for free
Cons
it was a long drive from my house
HOt Box
QA Inspection (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALAugust 3, 2018
Its a nice place to work. But would be better if the positions were permant and just temporary. You get use to working then boom. You have no work to do. Im currently waiting to be called back to work.
Great job
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYJuly 31, 2018
The job was easy some days were faster paced than others supervisor was awesome and helped every chance she had pay was decent and 40 hours a week sometimes overtime required but normally on a volunteer basis not sure about other locations but my local ms office was great I didn't choose to leave I was laid off due to report downsizing at the particular plant I was working at due to change in customer demand of the product but there were other factors that played part like changes in the parts being inspected overall great job and highly recommend it
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 31, 2018
Great place to work!! Greatly hours and I was a really bhard worker. Management was great!! I really enjoyed my time with this company. I recommend this for anyone.
Liked peopk i worked with
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Bucyrus, OHJuly 23, 2018
Good place work wasnt happy going to nites. Was given umpression if went to lines would stay on 1st. Then day came n had no choice. Being forced to work overtime is something i didnt aporove of also. If worked seven days week still dudnt qualify for double on Sunday lije pgw employees.that was sonething i realky didnt agree with also.
work environment
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIJuly 17, 2018
Hours are very long but very hot environmentand only get paid bi- weekly staffing could be better I was doing two jobs in one being supervisor and a Quality Inspector.
Pros
lots of over time
Cons
short breaks
No advancement oppurtunity
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHJuly 9, 2018
The way they treat you is ridiculous. I worked for them for 2 years and there wasn't any opportunity for advancement or recognition for great attitude and attendance.
Pros
Easy hire, flexibilty to employees.
Cons
No advancement oppurtunity, poor training, poor safety.
Quality Supervisor
Quality Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJuly 5, 2018
Generally speaking, Supervisors are poorly treated and compensated. Work can be difficult and customers are rarely completely satisfied as you and your team represent an expense outside of normal operations.
Greast job
Quality inspector. Start (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 46220July 3, 2018
I learned how to inspect parts before they ship them off to Chrysler. Also my communication skills and time management have improved since working there.
Pros
the pay
Cons
being temp job assignment
Great people to work with
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Kendallville, INJune 27, 2018
Hate that assignment ended for entire ms crew while i was out on sick leave loved the people i worked with the job itself was very easy and the pay was good for what i done
Pros
Great people
Cons
7 days a wk
Very easy going job
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, ALJune 26, 2018
Good layed back job all you do is inspecting what they have already inspected. I loved it I only had problems walking the hard floors of plants as my pregnancy grew.
Pros
I like the job area and work pace
Cons
Some jobs you didn’t get as many hours
Cool Place to work
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJune 19, 2018
MS was cool until I got sent to SAS, where the workers are very rude, disrespectful and unprofessional. Managers play favorites and workers choose who they don't want to work with.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Hot
Did not like working for this company at all.
Temp Worker (Former Employee) –  Mauldin, SCJune 15, 2018
When I started with MS Company I was told that I would be working 10 hours and found out the first night that we had to fill production and would not leave until we had production and most likely would be working 12 hours. I was under the assumption that I would work 40 hours with maybe some overtime and found out we worked 4 days on and 2 days off. If the company was open 7 days a week we would work the only day the company was supposed to be closed which was most of the time. When I left the company because I found a permanent job, had a hard time getting in touch with someone to let them know that I would be leaving. Kept calling my MS supervisor and she did not return my calls. Called the MS Company and got voice mail which was full and could not leave a message.
good
Quality inspector (Current Employee) –  Sterling Hts, MIJune 5, 2018
a good place to work i would work there again if i could, very safe ,nice supervisors the pay rates was great , they put you in different spots so you will learn a lot.
Cons
uncertain when jobs would start or end.
auto part sorter/inspector (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNJune 4, 2018
not a bad job just uncertain if you would work from day to day. alot of times you would get a call from a supervisor on short notice to be at an assignment.
Not a good company to work for
Inspector/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, ALJune 2, 2018
Supervisors are not good the company is dysfunctional and unorganized they treat everyone different and not on they job they do not rotate people on jobs
Pros
Good lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Ehh
Quality Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHMay 29, 2018
Decent pay but the compamy has no direction.. I asked about a policy from the office mgr and was told "we just make our policies as we go".... I got out while I could

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MS Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight