MS Companies Employee Reviews

Not a great place of business
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHApril 19, 2018
Traveling from place to place was very demanding and the pay was not high enough to pay for travel and food to complete jobs/contracts. Terrible workforce. Lack of authority.
Pros
Cons
Pay scale
Relaxing but not sturdy work
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Plain City, OHApril 18, 2018
I didn't mind what I did. The pay was okay, but not worth the drive. The hours were good. The only thing about this Company, you have no idea when the job assignment will last, you could be assigned to a location for a month, a week, a day. It's not steady. It paid weekly, that was probably the only thing worth the drive. Now I am looking for something stable, steady. The On-Site barely talked to us, only when a bad part was found, and break time but other than that, it was cut throat boring. There's no advancements.
Pros
Relaxed Enviroment
Cons
Only Temperary
Fun job, fun people
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 16, 2018
I really liked the type of work I was doing and the people i worked with, I didn't like the long hours of travel to and from the work place, I also didn't like moving from factoy to factory every week or two when our assignment was finished
Pros
Good people, good pay
Cons
Never stay in one place
Great work environment
Package Handler/Sorter (Current Employee) –  Canton, MIApril 13, 2018
MS Companies is a great company to work. They find u fast and consistent employment . The manager is very friendly. They work hard with employers to find you full time jobs.
Understanding and willing to give you a second chance if you need it
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, k yApril 11, 2018
I'm not a very experienced employee I was a stay at home mom for many years and so much has in the new millinium things r so different now a days.But my son is old enough to know what to do and stay at home alone so I'm ready to go back to work
Pros
Manager/easily hired
Cons
Pay/work to much /schedule
Productive workplace
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Cottondale, ALApril 10, 2018
MS Companies was a job there was not hard to do. People understood you an you understood then. I got a long with everyone in the work place. My supervisor was the best. If you had an problems he would sit down and talk about it with you. When we did good that week we got rewarded for it.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Health insurance
Parts Inspector (Former Employee) –  Winchester, TNMarch 26, 2018
Working for MS Companies is a great place who work for. I would highly recommend it. They have s great selection of places and positions for you to work!
Ok
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMarch 20, 2018
Its was a ok job for slmebody that dont have kids or really nothing to do with there money cause it'd not a job for somebody that have a whole family.
Lots of work..if you are favored
Quality Inspector Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, ALMarch 20, 2018
They sent me from moody, to Lincoln, to eastaboga to fort Payne! Bumped pay up .50 when went to fort Payne cuz I had been there a year. When finished job in FP went back out to hma and was good. Three paychecks later I look and they took my .50 away and did not say a word to me about it. After doing any and everything they asked me to do without compliant I had earned that raise and yet they took it for me without common courtesy of letting me know I worked out a notice and left
Pros
Not micromanaged
Cons
Slow pace boring job with low pay no benefits
Enjoyed job but lacked direction
Talent Optimization Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 19, 2018
Company laid off. Liked the job but management seemed dysfunctional. Lack of business development to provide staffing opportunities. Direct manager was terrific,
Pros
good hours decent pay
Cons
management lacked direction
Productive and fun work place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIMarch 15, 2018
Running a assembly line for certain parts for the vehicle. Learned time management. A very diverse work place. Hardest part of the job is following work instruction with out having your own routine that best suit your comfort. Most enjoyable part of my job is reaching quota.
Pros
Leave for lunch
Cons
Dress Code
I was very stressful
Custodian/ Car inspector and Team leader (Former Employee) –  Hipe hullMarch 14, 2018
Prejudice and don't have any love for the next person. They will replace you like you are a nobody. They talk to you any and every kind of way. I don't think that that's right because you have authorities over the next person. Just not right to me but that's my opinion.
Pros
No paid off days
Cons
Short 20 and 10 min. Breaks
Productive, dead end road
Assembler, Production (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYMarch 13, 2018
MS is a beautiful company that takes you nowhere. A typical day of work is very rewarding but when it ends you will be somewhere else the next day. No jb can hire you will stay a temp as long as you work for MS and doing the Holiday seasons you will get laid off. Many different skills and management is a plus. The hardest part of the job is not knowing if you had a job the next day or not. The most enjoyable part is the amount they pay.
I had fun working at Ms I'm just sitting around the table sorting parks and stuff talking to your friends
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Lexington kyMarch 12, 2018
This is the best place to work I did a lot of traveling and it was great I met a lot of new people the the managers that I'm site recruit officers they were really really really good I'm placing us at certain jobs
Pros
Got paid for travel time
Cons
It was kinda bording
fun place
Team Leader/ supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALMarch 7, 2018
good place to work. went into work everyday with a focus got the job done and would get to go home if we got done early. didn't have to work weekends and company works with you
Ms companies
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  New Castle, INMarch 7, 2018
Insected car parts at TsTech for TsTech the job was fairly easy good clean environment we jus never knew when a job was gonna end or production was gonna get cut.
Not organized
CE On-site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Greer, SCMarch 6, 2018
Management change too often

I enjoy the most is working with the employees

MS Companies likes to micromanage

Too much payroll issues
Cons
No overtime
Okay place to grow and move on
Quality Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, KYMarch 6, 2018
Zero possibility of advancement as a supervisor. ZERO. Get your experience and go unless you are okay with going to work knowing you hve no opportunity for advancement
Unprofessional, disorganized, and rude.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Athens, TNMarch 6, 2018
The management is horrible. Playing favorites, and has horrible attitudes towards employees. Disorganized isn't even the word I would use to describe the hiring process. They didn't submit W-4 forms and was unclear about hours. If you have a question, don't even ask. You get either ignored or jumped onto. There was also no training.
Stressful
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Kendallville, INMarch 4, 2018
The managers aren't really managers they sit on their phones while everyone else does their work. They get mad at you if you have to take a day off. you never get time do be with your family. They fired me because my child was sick in the hospital and then I got sick.
Pros
good pay
Cons
stressful, no days off, management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MS Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.2

2.0Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight