MS Energy Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
be ready to not have a life
Level II - MWD Night hand (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 11, 2018
You show up on the oil rig. hustle to get your setup up and running build your tools and be ready to drop your tools in the well. once you're tool is in the drill string. youre going to monitor the surveys of where the sell is going in actual time for the directional driller
Pros
decent pay, per diemm expense acount
Cons
7 days a week atlest 84 hour work weeks
Shop and Facilities Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Alexander, PAMarch 5, 2018
Great place to work, very stressful at times but rewarding. Great employers, very understanding and compasionate to personal situations. good time off as needed.
Pros
Good work place
Cons
Sometimes long hours.
Great Place to work
Wireline Operator (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 29, 2017
Working here was a dream job, it had its moments but over all this place was great to work the Managers were very supportive and the overall support from the people you worked with were great. I highly recommend working here.
Oppertunities for personal leadership
MWD Field Specialist (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXAugust 25, 2017
Must be a hardworking, quick learning leader with strong communication skills and ability to plan and think critically. Management of work site location as company representative is a requirement.
Pros
Minimal oversight from Management
Cons
Limited time off, compensation lacks for individual skill level.
poorly operated
Engineering Manager / MS Energy Services (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 13, 2017
no communication, company not paying its vendors and management has to the most ignorant bunch of tree stumps i have ever came across. Do yourself a favor and run the other direction.
Good company to work for.
MWD Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXDecember 13, 2016
I enjoyed working at MS Energy. I made a lot of friends along the way and learned a lot. I had very good training which should be helpful in the future in the oilfield.
Pros
Good working relationships.
Cons
Too many people in a management position trying to handle business.
Review
MWD (Measurement While Drilling) Field Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 11, 2016
Great company to work for. I Learned a lot from the guidance of management. Very nice and helpful employees. Strongly would recommend working for them.
Good Small Company
MWD Field Engineer - Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 12, 2016
Very fun place to work with a good management team. I enjoyed working at MS Energy, they truly cared about their work and the product they were giving to the customer.
Great company to work for
Sales Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXDecember 7, 2015
Great company to work for and is very well structured. Very family oriented place and understanding of family situations. Enjoy that they don't micro manage your daily activities and expect you to give 110% effort on your daily task. Allow us to use our own ideas to generate more business. Stand behind their employees and their decisions.
Best Job I have ever had!
MWD Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXAugust 3, 2015
Managed well site survey equipment and prepared reports. Checked the quality of obtained data
• Maintained MWD equipment, fielded survey reports, and represented Boreview on location
• Ensured the company’s assets on location were maintained in good working order, protected from damage and ensured equipment needs were communicated to MWD Coordinator in a timely manner
• Recorded operational data and completed relevant job documentation as set out by operations department guidelines
• Provided external customers with relevant information regarding job progress, problems, solutions and accurate job data
• Provided operational advice on relevant equipment operational specifications to third party personnel in a professional manner
• Worked safely at all times and ensured that all safety standards were met and maintained
Great Company
Away from home a lot
twelve hour shifts
Excellent compensation
worked like a slave
Wireline Operator/ Surveyor (Former Employee) –  west alexander, PAApril 13, 2015
On call for jobs 24/7 except 2 weeks vacation. typical work rate is 1 job a day but could be 2 or 3 jobs in a row or no work for days. Jobs could last anywhere from 4hrs to 2 weeks but are typically 8-12 hrs. Typically complete jobs with one other person. Good employees for the exception of one. Hardest part is not being able to plan anything outside of work, long hours, time away from family. Enjoyable part is traveling and decent pay.
Pros
pay, travel
Cons
on call 24/7
MS Energy Services
Directional Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXDecember 15, 2014
Great Company - lacking Structure & leadership within the company.
All around great company to work for
Directional Driller (DDL2) (Former Employee) –  Permian BasinMay 10, 2014
In 2007, I broke out directional drilling for MultiShot. I absolutely love working for MS and do not ever plan on leaving unless I'm able to get a drilling consultant position. They have proven to actually care about me and my family. The directional operations managers and coordinators do their best to split all of the days between all of the directional drillers and work with us if we need specific days off for personal reasons.
Pros
Fair & Family oriented
MS Energy day
Wireline Operator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 13, 2013
A typical day consist of us getting called out in the middle of the night or day to go run a survey around # hours away. Consisting of us waiting on the rig hands or company man to give us the go ahead to run down hole. Long hours and lots of driving but well worth it. Co-workers are easy to get along with and it was a blast getting to deal with different people all the time. The hardest part of the job was not nowing when you would get called out but was also the most enjoyable part as well because that meant more money.
Pros
good pay
Great Pay, Decent Benefits, friendly folks for the most part
Directional Driller (Former Employee) –  PASeptember 5, 2012
Great Job. Lack of reliability in Lead hands. Management was fair. Extremely long hours and added expectations of inexperienced consultants, were a bit unsettling, but over all alot of potential, and many fine folks.
Pros
great pay
Cons
long drive
Poor administrative emotional conduct
Survey Processing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJuly 25, 2012
Negative unstable environment - daily uncertainty of job
poor organization - no job delegation
poor leadership skills - allowed emotions to run high and get in the way of productivity
unclear objectives
Pros
easy access to lunch venues
Cons
managements educational level is below a bachelors in anything