MSA Security Employee Reviews

Working for M.S.A. was a good learning experience.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  New York County, NYJuly 14, 2018
Working with M.S.A. security is a pleasure, they treat you with respect and professionalism. The only negative thing working For M.S.A. would be getting your week to week scheduling.
Rewarding
Explosive detection canine handler (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2018
Good job and very rewarding working with the canines. Take Canines home to family every night. Have to train the dog every day at home and at work. friendly dogs.
Slow paced job experience
Explosive Detection K-9 Handler (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 26, 2018
Although you get a lot of hours at this job, the typical day would be either sitting at a desk in an office waiting for trucks to unload so you and your K-9 can search through it or walking around airports. some perks from this job would be the events you get to attend and the benefits they give.
Explosive Detection anine Handler (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 8, 2018
Fast paced and stressful is one way to descrbe this job, but at the same time it is a good job that you will see new places weekly, you are sent to new york to train.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
No job Security
Horrible management
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 25, 2018
This company would be amazing if they would stop hiring manager based off people they work in the police dept. with. Poor management had lead to horrible morale
Msa
Vehicle Inspector (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 20, 2018
MSA is a well paid job that benefits veterans such as myself. Inspecting vehicles can be stressful at times but the job is needed for the site to prevent any harm from happening in the location. I enjoy the job and the idea of being able to help those around.
Well run company
Hostile Surveillance Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 8, 2017
The company has grown to be a major international player in the security marketplace and for good reason. They are adaptable and tech savvy. The only shortcoming would be in scheduling and lack of pay increases for current employees.
Pros
Solid company
Disrespectful and incompetent management
Logistics Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAOctober 16, 2017
As a logistics technician, one will have too many bosses with competing and contrasting egos and requests, making it impossible to complete tasks efficiently. Logistic technicians are stepped on and constantly blamed for issues that had nothing to do with their department.
Stressful and fast paced
EDC SCHEDULER (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYOctober 3, 2017
MSA Scheduling has very long stressful hour. This job did not support a work life balance. I was on call 24/7. The culture here was very relaxed outside of the department I worked for. This caused for a pleasant atmosphere outside of the scheduling department.
Alot of issues
EDC Handler (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJuly 14, 2017
This place obtains good contracts but is a mess in every other category. Management really needs to take a look at how they treat employees and come up with a plan to retain them. Low pay for the area and moral is even lower!
Pros
Great venues
Cons
Everything else
Stable employment
Vehicle screener, secondary inspector (Current Employee) –  Wtc nycApril 21, 2017
Great place to work, lots of opportunities to advance, great pay scale and benefits, safety is a large part of the company' culture, free train travel.
Veteran and prior law enforcement need only apply
Vehicle Screener (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYApril 13, 2017
A stable job for recently veterans in search of better careers. The scheduler woks with employees using their GI-BILL to attend school and can provide very flexible hours to accomodate ones class schedule.

THIS IS NOT A CAREER, ONLY A STEPPING STONE FOR VETERANS AND PRIOR LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS SEEKING POST PENSION COMPENSATION.
MSA Security
Screening Lane Operator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 2, 2017
In the Business of Business-as-Usual™
The work we do providing security, intelligence, training and investigative services helps protect millions of Americans, every single week. From training Explosive Detection Canines to identifying explosives for X-ray technicians, from intelligence analysis to corporate security and much more, nobody does more to protect personnel, property and peace of mind than MSA.
Balance and Fair work environment
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 9, 2017
A work day is straight forward and not overtly complex, management is flexible, understanding and easy to work with. the workplace is friendly wand welcoming.
Pros
Fair & balanced work environment
Cons
Communicating Overseeing procedures
relaxed
Camera room Operator (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJune 3, 2016
A typical work day at msa security is very stress free and relaxed and the pay and compensation is very good considering the conditions.
Purchasing
Purchasing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 25, 2016
Working with retired military and police officers in a security company.

MSA Security is an expanding security company that works with government and private companies. My daily routine is receiving Purchase requests and making sure we get good pricing for the product we are inquiring.

I recently implemented a travel portal where the employees makes their own travel arrangements.

There are 10 in total in the finance department. A team that works well with each other.
Good company with a credible name.
SecurityOfficer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 2, 2015
Solid company for those who are looking to find extra work outside of retirement as well as those looking for something short term.
Good Place to work
Explosive Detection Canine Handler (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 12, 2015
Good company to work for. Willing to work with you. The sites are all within the National Capital Region. Hours are great,
This is a night job most nights are 4-5 hours giving me time to complete my studies
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 21, 2015
* My typical day at work consists of watching the door doing searches and making sure no weapons get into the establishment

* I have learned to keep safety first, to work as a team, and to respect every person that i come into contact with.

* My supervisors are more like brothers and sisters we all watch over each other the supervisors do not have a problem helping with the workload and are fair with me.

* My coworkers are often giving me tips on how to stay safe and keep me updated on the latest gear and equipment.

* The hardest part of the job is having to restrain people who cause trouble. I have to remember they are a threat and could jeopardize the safety of others.

* The most enjoyable part of my job is when people thank me for my services.
Pros
Most nights are laid back with no trouble
Cons
I deal with intoxicated people every day, I believe this makes my job very dangerous
Enhanced Protection Specialist Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 14, 2014
Elite security company to work for. Excellent security experience.