MSC Industrial Supply Co. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Horrible
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 13, 2018
The management is horrible. They hire their friends and move off them have any type of leadership skills. The associates are the most amazing people. They make the job bearable.
Pros
Associates
Cons
Progress made and Awesome place to work
Can't Say (Current Employee) –  Davidson, NCJune 29, 2018
I believe those who are generally negative will see the faults and not the benefits of the company. Its a family owned company who values their associates. The make strides to provide professional development, they have updated old systems, there are incentives, activities, committees. We are quite spoiled. Yes there are bonuses and great benefits. It would definitely depend on your department and manager. We make it what it is...the company has our best interest at hand! Cafe is a perk...they have awesome food for super super cheap prices, great staff too! Yes, free Starbucks and Seattle's Best and Tazo teas on every floor. Giveaways every week for concerts and sports events!
Pros
Management, growing, Cafe, Team Spirit
Cons
Traffic on 77
If you like stress, being micro-managed at every step, with hardly any advancement opportunity then this is the company for you.
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJune 19, 2018
If you want to work for a company that treats you like a pressure-cooker, with little to no room for advancement, then this is definitely your place. So many politics in the company, but yet they gloat about their positive culture............NEGATIVE!

And if you also like to be constantly micro-managed, this is also your place to work.

They are all hype, only care about Senior Management and not the associates in they way they claim to report!
Run from this company
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 6, 2018
This company lack clear direction, They only want you to sell metalworking supplies, They say they want MRO business but do not know how to get it. If you like micro management and working in CRM ( saleforce) then you will be right at home here. Paper work is more important than sales results. Do not expect a raise and the commission is poor.
Pros
the pay check will not bounce
Cons
everything else
productive
ORDER FILLER/PICKER (Current Employee) –  Hanover Park, ILMay 19, 2018
challenging and productive environment. company provided free lunch almost monthly. fast paced. paid time off for vacation plus paid sick time........
Good place
Order Processor (Current Employee) –  Hanover Park, ILMarch 29, 2018
Working overtime every day. Six day per week .
Walking all day. Good experience with others departments , getting the opportunity to learn different things.
Good Place to Work
Inside Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 29, 2018
MSC is overall a good place to work. Company paid training & small branch office environment. The pay & benefits is very good. I left due to unconventional things going on behind the scenes with my manager, however I'm sure this was an isoated incident. Too bad, it was a nice job. I would recommend.
Learning Experience
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 6, 2018
I've learned a lot here at MSC. I had no knowledge of tooling, machinery or sourcing. However through my time with MSC I've learned all about tools, drills, end mills, taps and inserts. Not to mention how to look up many vendors for many new items customer require in the manufacturing field.
Great culture to work in
Senior Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAFebruary 21, 2018
Company is a great place to work. Great environment. Benefits were great until affordable healthcare act kicked in, now only so so. Some areas are difficult to advance in. Bonuses are also so so.
Pros
Great culture and environment
Cons
Benefit and bonuses
A complete racket!
Current Associate (Former Employee) –  Davidson, NCFebruary 2, 2018
This company is making moves to get away from 'silos', to invest in their talent and grow retention rates. They are all talk and talk is cheap. If you are looking to grow with a business, I do not recommend MSC. If you are just interested in a paycheck, this may be more for you. MSC has a fumbling rewards program. I do not feel that my hard work is recognized.
Pros
Cafeteria on site
Cons
no growth- stagnant career opportunities
Lot of change.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 31, 2018
Overall, a good company. However, some local and regional managers struggle with providing good leadership. This company is full of very smart people. They are in a state of change resulting in lots of disruption and uncertainty regarding job security.
Pros
Great products & services for customers
Cons
Uncertain job security
fast paced , based on productivity
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fernley, NVJanuary 30, 2018
Worked in the call center, fast paced distribution, great for those who can keep up, great benefits, room for advancement. Not so good for individuals who practice their inter personal skills, (customers keep you on the phone and its difficult to meet your quota.
Pros
good benefits, vacations
Cons
fast paced, if you dont make quota you're replaced
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fernley, NV 89408January 30, 2018
answering multiple calls in a call center environment, checking customer orders, offer products, check for products and ordering, check emails to update customer orders and shipping, call customer to advised there order is in shipping process, resolved customer complaints, transferred calls over to sales department. I learn the company policy and the management was great, the workplace was nice they had pool table to relieved stress, and I most of all enjoy helping customer and resolving there issues.
Pros
lunches, breaks, fun place
Cons
short lunches
Loved working here and was sad to leave
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 25, 2018
I loved working here and I was very sad to leave due to family circumstances. Everybody was always there to help and service was never an issue for the customer.
Pros
a lot of help to achieve
Challenging and fun
Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 24, 2018
MSC always had my back and takes care of it's own if they work hard and produce. The culture is great, although the acquisition of Barnes was a hurdle, they seems to finally be working through that.
Good company overall
Accounts Receivable Representative (Former Employee) –  Davidson, NCJanuary 9, 2018
Like every company, it has it's ups and downs. Good workplace environment, management could better as a whole, need to be fair to hard workers and see through those who are not.
Pros
Diverse workplace
Cons
Bad commute on 77
Great Company
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 14, 2017
I really enjoyed working for MSC. I learned new strategies about providing solution selling techniques to my customers. Everyone in the company is very supportive and willing to teach and assist others.
Company treated me and others horrible. Management don’t respect the associates.
Operations (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 19, 2017
I would not recommend this company to anyone. The managers are know it alls and are totally disrespectful toward the associates. Middle management tries to control you by writing the associates up. The culture looks good from the outside but when you get inside, you will find out that management is just a joke. They expect a lot but don’t compensate well. Morale is very bad there and management refuses to address it. They think everything is ok. Stay away!
Pros
Met some good associates
Cons
Very hot warehouse in the summer. Horrible PTO. Young operations managers are very rude.
A large company with quite good benefits and training opportunities.
Inside Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 8, 2017
Being part of larger company we had a great deal of support we could call upon for assistance with technical issues we weren’t familiar with. That was great as it really helped me expand my knowledge. Not so great was feeling like HR didn’t have your back with personnel issues.
Pros
Good benefits, easy access to training.
Cons
Not easy to get personnel issues paid attention to.
Fun place to work at
Account Executive - Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLOctober 18, 2017
Great environment
I learned leadership
Management is excellent
The part I enjoy the most is the culture of the company and how they are willing to go the extra mile for their employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MSC Industrial Supply Co.. Our community is ready to answer.