MT. PROSPECT PARK DISTRICT Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Mt. Prospect Park District
Site Director / Teacher (Former Employee) –  Mt. Prospect, ILAugust 13, 2018
Couldn't be more happy with the Mt. Prospect Park District. They give the employees many opportunities along with education and benefits. The facilities are kept nice with many events, classes, and much more!
ok park district but don't work at the conservatory
Seasonal Help (Former Employee) –  Mt. Prospect Park DistrictJanuary 8, 2018
Don't work at the conservatory. Planting in the hot sun with little break time is over whelming and the pay is not worth it. Plus management sucks at this location. Be prepared to be treated like a slave.
Pros
working outside
Cons
hard work in the heat
Overall make good money
Umpire (Current Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILJune 8, 2017
Last year was better than this year. We went private this year and the new contractor is unorganized and our payments have switched to monthly which isn't beneficial for those who have bills to pay or interest to pay off by certain dates.
Pros
Pay increase
Cons
Pay is monthly, by check in the mail, unorganized, lack of communication
Mt. Prospect Park District is a great place to work!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mt. Prospect, ILFebruary 3, 2017
The work environment at the Mt. Prospect Park District is both positive and fun. Managers are encouraged to provide an environment both fun and safe for part district participants while encouraging their employees to go above and beyond and have fun while being fiscally responsible. The environment is very positive and supportive.
Pros
Close to home, flexible hours for work/life balance, positive environment, free/discounted programs
Cons
limited benefits for part time employees
Loved my job--disliked the environment of disinterested management
Site Director (Former Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILFebruary 16, 2016
While I truly enjoyed my job for the Mt. Prospect Park District, the environment was one of favoritism--who the supervisor liked in a personal manner seemed to be more important than how well one did their job. I did my job in an excellent manner and have 28 letters of recommendation from the parents of the children I was in charge of.
My typical work day consisted of planning activities for the 25-40 children I took care of each day, as well as directing the tasks for the eight people I supervised.
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the children and their parents.
The most difficult part of my job was trying to please my supervisor. I became more proficient at supervising personnel as well as customer service skills--dealing with the parents.
Pros
Very rewarding working with children
Cons
Poor management and unresponsive supervisors.
Over worked and under paid
Center Director at Lions Park (Former Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILApril 24, 2013
My job is to due everything my supervisor is supposed to due. I have been told my job is to cover for my supervisor.
Pros
free membership
Cons
no breaks or lunchs